Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°

Exclamation The GOAL is before the end of 2018?

According to the WoWChakra interview "The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018."

Are you f***ing kidding me?!?! It better damned well be your goal. It better release a whole lot f***ing sooner than that. You want to put us into OVER a year in Antorus? Are you TRYING to alienate your playerbase Blizz? WTF?

Good lord at timing predictions.

Thankfully we can end our sub / not buy any game time at any given moment;

Antorus doesn't look like much in the end either

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    According to the WoWChakra interview "The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018."

Are you f***ing kidding me?!?! It better damned well be your goal. It better release a whole lot f***ing sooner than that. You want to put us into OVER a year in Antorus? Are you TRYING to alienate your playerbase Blizz? WTF?

Blizzard's two goals over the past 2 years have generally been quicker expansion releases, and shorter end-of-expansion patches/raids.

On both counts they've tended to fail, so it should come as no surprise.

That... is pretty bad. If they can't even guarantee it will be done before then, and are aiming for a late 2018 release, that's definitely worthy of getting a little worked up about.

At least Antorus isn't looking as shitty of a raid as HFC was, but no raid will remain fresh and interesting for a full year for grinding. I really hope Blizzard knows what the hell they are doing with this, if it's as bad as it seems.

All of this said, my only issue is with content droughts. If they offered filler patches on the way, I'd have no issue waiting a year, but Blizzard has basically never done this (with the exception of that bland mini-raid in Cataclysm), so my hopes of this expansion offering a shorter content drought this expansion are pretty much shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it will be out late 2018 then, it used to be they delayed well beyond their estimates, now they just release it before its finished anyway.

IIRC legion was announced at gamescom 2015 and during blizzcon you could only play the DH starting area and the expansion was released at the end of august of 2016.

Considering during this blizzcon you could already play 2 full zones, 2 dungeons and this expansion doesn't have a new class nor a fully revamped 11 classes, it's safe to assume it will be released much sooner than 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Blizzard's two goals over the past 2 years have generally been quicker expansion releases, and shorter end-of-expansion patches/raids.

On both counts they've tended to fail, so it should come as no surprise.
    They said near the end of WoD that has been the goal since launch, but they're giving up on it. They learned a lot about dev time when they grew the team so much. That cycle just isn't possible. Larger team doesn't let them make things faster, just make more.

Deleted
    Dude chill.

We are getting updated Chicken models.

All good things...All good things...

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Can you not cancel your subs?
    Do you have no other games to play?
    Are you personally entitled by a blizzard document to receive regular content without long periods of interruption?

Jesus fucking christ you sound like utter lunatics coming here and acting like any or all of the above options apply to you, and even then, the second one isn't really anyone's problem but yours.

Deleted
    It better release a whole lot f***ing sooner than that. You want to put us into OVER a year in Antorus?
    You seem quite angry.
    The best-case scenario is September 2018, but who knows, lot of the features they announced seemed to to be very early in development still.

What did you expect and on what grounds do you expect early release? There's literally no track record of that.. ever..
    Aiming to be done before end of 2018 doesn't seem like overly slow considering their past release schedules.

You can always cancel until the new stuff comes out, can't you?

If they want a non existent player base that'll be a fantastic idea, as some others have mentioned though, they fail time and time again on releasing expansions faster. I know I certainly won't be playing if we need to wait until the end of 2018/early 2019 without new and significant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    If they want a non existent player base that'll be a fantastic idea, as some others have mentioned though, they fail time and time again on releasing expansions faster. I know I certainly won't be playing if we need to wait until the end of 2018/early 2019 without new and significant content.
    Well they stated clearly they have no problem with players taking breaks between expansions so don't you worry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That... is pretty bad. If they can't even guarantee it will be done before then, and are aiming for a late 2018 release, that's definitely worthy of getting a little worked up about.

At least Antorus isn't looking as shitty of a raid as HFC was, but no raid will remain fresh and interesting for a full year for grinding. I really hope Blizzard knows what the hell they are doing with this, if it's as bad as it seems.

All of this said, my only issue is with content droughts. If they offered filler patches on the way, I'd have no issue waiting a year, but Blizzard has basically never done this (with the exception of that bland mini-raid in Cataclysm), so my hopes of this expansion offering a shorter content drought this expansion are pretty much shot.
    We had filler raid in wotlk. And we got Sunwell in tbc xD it wasnt ment to be apart of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Well they stated clearly they have no problem with players taking breaks between expansions so don't you worry for them.
    I'm more worried for my guild and what state it'll be in if we have to suffer another year of no content, my realm is already dying and nothing's been done, but that's fine right? I'm sure you'll find some way to defend them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    You seem quite angry.
    The best-case scenario is September 2018, but who knows, lot of the features they announced seemed to to be very early in development still.

What did you expect and on what grounds do you expect early release? There's literally no track record of that.. ever..
    Aiming to be done before end of 2018 doesn't seem like overly slow considering their past release schedules.

You can always cancel until the new stuff comes out, can't you?
    I won't cancel, because my guild will need me. And angry? Not really. but shocked. Only because that's the antithesis of what's they have kept saying.

Deleted

Take it easy man.
    7.3.5 won't be all about Antorus, you will have a lot of others things especially lebeling revamp, little story with Silithus wound, new battleground..

And if you think you finished the game, there are something cool called achievements that you can complete.

I don't have a problem with it personally but realms will be ghost towns haha don't forget they will release silithus path and maybe they'll release pre-patch earlier so we level sub-races? I doubt it will be that bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Can you not cancel your subs?
    Do you have no other games to play?
    Are you personally entitled by a blizzard document to receive regular content without long periods of interruption?

Jesus fucking christ you sound like utter lunatics coming here and acting like any or all of the above options apply to you, and even then, the second one isn't really anyone's problem but yours.
    +1
    Everything is said

Deleted
    I won't cancel, because my guild will need me. And angry? Not really. but shocked. Only because that's the antithesis of what's they have kept saying.
    Ok, maybe you're new to WoW, but they've said the same thing after every expac since Wrath and never managed to deliver on that promise. They have no track record to show, so why would we expect anything but 12-14 month drought? It'll be a cool surprise if they manage to shrink that a bit, but realistically.. yeah, no track record, so expectations should be set to "end of 2018".

And if you decide to play because your guild needs you... well, that's your call, why all the rage then?

A normal person would cancel their sub if they don't see the value of playing. They'd wait until there's content worth playing.

BfA will launch in 2018

You really think what they are giving us is anything groundbreaking that would need more dev time after 2018?