Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do they realise their ideas are crap on top of crap? This new expansion is gonna be worse than Wod. Lorewise, Horde Vs Alliance is DEAD since Wotlk, stop wanting to bring back that non-sense because you have no idea and no talent.
    The characters will be bad writen, like always, especialy Jaina who is a traitor to Kul'tiras for murdering her own father, who was the ruler of Kul'tiras, she should have been executed at sight, but no, like always with Blizzard: NOTHING will never have any consequences: Jaina is still alive and is poorly writen (but when you have Christie Golden, the worst writter who ever worked for Blizzard, it's not surprising), so, she's not evil, but simply flawed, yeah yeah, by the way, why did she wasn't here at the final battle between Alliance and Gul'dan on the Broken Shore? You know, the cinematic where she was NOT here? And how about her many crimes in Mop? And how about her treason in Legion when she turned away from her allies because she was bitching around?

Oh but she was flawed ! Sorry, after all, you only have 40 years, it's not like you could be an adult ! Let's forget all your past crimes and take a new journey together !

Even that unjustified war betwen Horde and Alliance will end with "oh, the Horde attacked us a second time in 5 years, but no ! We will not learn the lesson this time and destroy it for good, but in place, we will magicaly forget everything and do has is nothing happened !".

And what about the allied races? WHY the Nightborn join the Horde instead of the Alliance? Because of the Blood Elves? So what? You will make a race who was helped by BOTH faction turn against one of them JUST after that? "You will have quests to explain that", oh yeah, 3 quests who will say "Nightborn join the Horde, kktx bye Alliance".
    Everyone know i speak right, this is exactly how it will be.

And i don't speak about the "lightforged" draenei, whose model is absolutly disgusting: their skin color is same has a corpse, they speak like robots, their eyes are ugly, their face is, well, i don't even know how to describe such a design failure.
    Whatever, they should not even join the Alliance, because after the Legion lost, Draenei should LEAVE Azeroth for ever, this is not their world, they were never part of the Alliance, only allies, and only to fight the Burning Legion, that all, they are not friends, they don't have anything in common; draenei should even become non-playable race after Legion, because their story is over, for good.
    Bring the lightforged is simply non-sense.

And let's talk about the "void elf", seriously? Who though that would be a good idea? This is the dumbest idea EVER, this is clearly the proof that Blizzard doesn't know what to do, and they decided to launch a full scale retarded expansion.

Oh, and why those "allied races" will be recruited? Oh yes, only to fight in a non-sense war who isn't even their, great ! Hozen vs Jinuy 2, Mop 2 incoming, with the dumbest ideas ever used in Wow, i can assure you Blizzard, you will regret to behave has if your customers were morons, they are not, they didn't forgot Wod, they will not forgive you the next crap you want to throw at us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Do they realise their ideas are crap on top of crap? This new expansion is gonna be worse than Wod.
    Good talk. Great arguments. Also, Nightborne join the Horde because Blood Elves have had similar issues in the past (mana addiction, becoming withered, corruption from the Legion) and there's dialogue where the Nightborne show interest in the Horde.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-11-12 at 10:15 AM.

The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion. <- Prexpac event? Guess they wanted it to be universal. Or maybe we use the weapons to stabilize Azeroth. Not destroyed, just stored or something
    The team is hoping to start beta early next year. <- Guessing April
    The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018. <- I'd hope so lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion. <- Prexpac event? Guess they wanted it to be universal. Or maybe we use the weapons to stabilize Azeroth
    The team is hoping to start beta early next year. <- Guessing April
    The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018. <- I'd hope so lol
    Yeah, my guess is in 8.0 during the pre-expansion event. Ability changes are usually in place then which are then built around not having artfifacts. So we'll probably get a stronger ilvl weapon in return.

One other thing

”Sneaky Pete” is a rogue Island AI character that likes to wait until you engage mobs to attack you. He is a jerk. <- It sounds like the "advanced AI" as they call it will be checking for certain player conditionals. Like think of the different load conditions/triggers that weakauras has. Probably nothing too fancy but that's my guess

Deleted
    Sad to see that small events being ignored by most players ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Sad to see that small events being ignored by most players ;/
    That's the point of micro events and any content.

It's there to do if you want to do it. You shouldn't feel you have to.

One year of Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018."

Makes it sound much worse than what Ray Cobo actually said in the interview, where he said that their goal is to release it in 2018.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    "There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed."

Hmm i like to see this go live and not cause a shit storm. The person who came up with this idea that ties Allied races to faction rep needs to be taken out the back of no where and left there to rot.
    OH NO, "minor amount of effort" my nemesis.

Meanwhile ppl want Vanilla
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

"Ion admits that the team hasn’t done a very good job in terms of World PVP and are looking to breathe new life into it with BfA."

There it is. There's always one thing per expansion that Ion says they didn't do a good job with, I was starting to worry about him.

Hey Ion, here's a hint: World PvP just happens. It's organic. Players invented Tarren Mill/Crossroads. But you killed it - and continue to kill it over-managing the player's experience and micro-managing everything. Let players breathe. Let some areas allow WPVP and don't nerf it. If it's impacting the server, find a way to shard it. ALLOW it, and don't try to design/micro-manage it. It was something your company didn't even put on the box, because players came up with it. Templates won't make it happen, WPVP isn't about gear or rewards, it was just for fun. Fun, you know that thing you and your team have so much trouble with?

It's like the dueling spots that players created, like out in front of Ironforge. Leave it alone. It's the players. They made it.

with the artifacts going, it would be nice if all weapons can transmog to others, including daggers+OH to stave for example. it would totally suck if you can't transmog to your artifact simply because it's a different type. high hopes, low expectations.

Deleted
    The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018.

Good thing we can stop paying them whenever we want to .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Good talk. Great arguments. Also, Nightborne join the Horde because Blood Elves have had similar issues in the past (mana addiction, becoming withered, corruption from the Legion) and there's dialogue where the Nightborne show interest in the Horde.
    You shouldnt find excuses at this point. The Horde in WoW never made sense. Sophisticated elves from Silvermoon in an alliance with a horde of orcs and trolls, the races they fought bloody wars with within lifetime. The Forsaken, a bunch of undead freed from the Lich King? Among the same elves who they butchered with Arthas? In this mmo every race has to be shoved into one of the factions and it destroyed the lore from previous stories in Warcraft. Thats why i never played horde, because seeing undead and elves in Orgrimmar is immersion breaking. Now that the old night elves are joining the whole thing is even more nonsensical, and the fact that the orcs' warchief is an undead woman...

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    OH NO, "minor amount of effort" my nemesis.

Meanwhile ppl want Vanilla
    Tbf, I can see the point.
    If one of BfA's main selling point, new races, requires a pretty dull grind with a faction from the LAST expansion... That's pretty, atleast in my opinion, stupid. For new players, it essentially means that a couple of these allied races(I believe there was talk of the same thing for Nightborne, having to be exalted and maybe complete the entire storyline there as well. Lightforged Draenei requiring Army of Light exalted) won't have their questlines available to them.
    This would be a problem for longtime players who have kept to a faction as well. Think someone on Alliance just wants to try and make a highmountain tauren, see the racials, perhaps enjoy the customisation. Well damn, guess they'll have to not only level their hordie character from scratch(which, tbf, this is a given concidering the questlines are faction specific!), but then also grind rep ontop of it. Or hey, since a suggestion was Lightforged Draenei requiring Army of Light, enjoy spending yet MORE time on Argus after what's looking to be a year of Antorus, repgrinding Army of the Light on the alliance character you didn't have before the expansion.
    I'm not talking about the making the races just being readily available but the questlines to unlock these things, the storylines that were touted on blizzcon as a natural way to have the races go to their factions, shouldn't be behind Legion rep grinds.

My suggestion on this note is: No rep grind, but complete their respective storylines in the zones, for those that need it. Or, if they ARE so insistant on this rep grind for some of the allied races... have it, you know... be like "have atleast one character exalted with them", or have the account-wide rep achievements.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

For me Horde Vs Alliance just doesnt seem a big enough threat to focus on. Allot of my friends are on the other side, we have teamed up with them in the past they not all that different. At best we are equal in strength. Just no hype for BfA at all. They should have put all the focus into a big bad how is more scary and powerful than us and just had this ally vs horde as a side thing.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2017-11-12 at 01:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    Tbf, I can see the point.
    If one of BfA's main selling point, new races, requires a pretty dull grind with a faction from the LAST expansion... That's pretty, atleast in my opinion, stupid. For new players, it essentially means that a couple of these allied races(I believe there was talk of the same thing for Nightborne, having to be exalted and maybe complete the entire storyline there as well. Lightforged Draenei requiring Army of Light exalted) won't have their questlines available to them.
    This would be a problem for longtime players who have kept to a faction as well. Think someone on Alliance just wants to try and make a highmountain tauren, see the racials, perhaps enjoy the customisation. Well damn, guess they'll have to not only level their hordie character from scratch(which, tbf, this is a given concidering the questlines are faction specific!), but then also grind rep ontop of it. Or hey, since a suggestion was Lightforged Draenei requiring Army of Light, enjoy spending yet MORE time on Argus after what's looking to be a year of Antorus, repgrinding Army of the Light on the alliance character you didn't have before the expansion.
    I'm not talking about the making the races just being readily available but the questlines to unlock these things, the storylines that were touted on blizzcon as a natural way to have the races go to their factions, shouldn't be behind Legion rep grinds.

My suggestion on this note is: No rep grind, but complete their respective storylines in the zones, for those that need it. Or, if they ARE so insistant on this rep grind for some of the allied races... have it, you know... be like "have atleast one character exalted with them", or have the account-wide rep achievements.
    Wow it's almost as if they expect people would have played the previous expansion. Which would have them easily at exalted anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    For me Horde Vs Alliance just doesnt seem a big enough threat to focus on.
    People keep saying this, yet seem completely have missed the big part about how HvA isn't the whole expac focus and that Old GOds and Azshara are also main points.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Wow it's almost as if they expect people would have played the previous expansion. Which would have them easily at exalted anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

People keep saying this, yet seem completely have missed the big part about how HvA isn't the whole expac focus and that Old GOds and Azshara are also main points.
    THis is true, definately. But concidering they ALSO try to get, you know, fresh blood in, I say it again, I feel as though it's a stupid decision.
    And again, opposite faction players. Sure, at this point in time, I can start properly rep grinding my blood elf with the Nightborn and Highmountain factions... yet again, ooor, they could just look at my main, go "Hey, this guy's exalted with the required reps, good enough."

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I get that its obvious we will still have a big bad probably n'zoth at the end and azshara already confirmed for 2ed tier. But its just odd how those are not the focus and instead its like the focus is on the side task.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I get that its obvious we will still have a big bad probably n'zoth at the end and azshara already confirmed for 2ed tier. But its just odd how those are not the focus and instead its like the focus is on the side task.
    People seem to think that the Bad guys are lined up so as soon as one of them falls, another one is instantly there to start shit going. It's nice to see how the factions react to the lull between threats and isn't surprising to me that the "big bad" will slowly make itself a bigger threat as the expansion goes on. Otherwise you get that shitty feeling like in Wrath of the Lich King where Arthas was in your face during the leveling experience then suddenly "Oh we are fighting Dragons and Old gods" then a year and a half later he's just appears all "MUAHAHHA NOW YOU CAN FIGHT ME CHAMPION!"

I'd rather a build up than a huge opening with a dull middle only to have the end just be the logical continuation of the opening.