Poll: Aye or Nay!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    World of Warcraft release:
    Hmm, should we allow female Night Elves to be Druids? It's against the lore.

*Few expansions later*
    TROLL PALADINS FCK YEAH

The heck we have become...

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My opinion on the idea depends. If we go with paladins as they are- then absolutely fucking no. Paladins are not even close to thematically fit for the Zandalari.

If, however, they gave us racial reskins for classes? Then yes, absolutely- if the Zandalari (and hopefully Sunwalkers) got their own custom icons and ability names- maybe even some animations- I'd be all for it. At which point, I'd honestly vouch for Undead paladins as well.

P.S. We need Wildhammer druids.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm disappointed by allied race distribution. They should go to exactly opposite factions. I don't care about elves, but taurens and trolls should go to alliance and dwarves and draeneis should go to the horde. They would bring more diversity. Now if I want to play draenei I'm forced to play alliance which is impossible as everyone I know play horde.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Honestly I'm disappointed by allied race distribution. They should go to exactly opposite factions. I don't care about elves, but taurens and trolls should go to alliance and dwarves and draeneis should go to the horde.
    Wait, what. Oh god please no.

We see them using the Light as priests and paladins in Throne of Thunder, as well as having a paladin-esque seal on the Prelates before the council fight. We see Light and Shadow Loa spirits in the council fight with Mar'li as a priest.

So, yes, they should be both paladins and priests. Since they are the most ancient and advanced troll race, it would make sense that they have powerful light-wielding priests and paladins in their armies.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Sure why not, as long as the tier sets continue to look human, dwarven or blood elven

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    We see them using the Light as priests and paladins in Throne of Thunder, as well as having a paladin-esque seal on the Prelates before the council fight. We see Light and Shadow Loa spirits in the council fight with Mar'li as a priest.

So, yes, they should be both paladins and priests. Since they are the most ancient and advanced troll race, it would make sense that they have powerful light-wielding priests and paladins in their armies.
    Priests and paladins have different source of power. That's why undead priest is absolutely fine, but undead paladin is probably the last combination we get out of them all.
    Bonus points for Franziska tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Priests and paladins have different source of power. That's why undead priest is absolutely fine, but undead paladin is probably the last combination we get out of them all.
    Well, it's "the Light" for almost every holy-wielding class. It's one of the major forces of energy in WoW's cosmology. A named exception is Odyn's Val'kyr, where it was stated they wield a similar power to the Light, but it's not the same. I want to say this was stated on Twitter around Legion's launch.

However, it's all about context in terms of race-class combos. Tauren priests and paladins use power from An'she, the sun, but it's also believed to be the Light for both as well. Human priests became paladins in the second war - it was stated in Chronicle that humans were taught those powers by the Light long ago. Night Elves use the powers of Elune (which Tauren druids also use) as a source of Light-like power as the Sisterhood of Elune, which in lore are priest-paladin warriors. But, we've also seen a couple Night Elf paladins wielding the Light in Legion.

Zandalari use the power of the Loa, which is a fluid term. But, we specifically see Mar'li using "Blessed Loa" and "Shadowed Loa" in the Throne of Thunder. We know the Old Gods have affected Wild Gods, so it's not impossible for the Light to have done so as well. The Zandalari Prelates use Light of the Loa, Judgment of the Loa, and they have Seal of the Loa on them at all times - pretty paladin-y and Light-y as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Same with Blood Elves. Blizz doesn't care about Horde Paladins.
    Sad but true.

Horde Shamans on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah...sure you don't care when you're on the beneficial side, what a shocker there!
    I have played mainly Alliance since I started playing WoW. I've had probably.. 4 Horde characters from TBC to now, and only one of them remains and is currently 100, with no plans to level to 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Aside from T21 which is as Blood Elven as the armor could get.... ?
    Sadly not. T21 could have been much more Blood Elven, at least in terms of color choice:

Deleted
    Rather have forsaken paladins ala Zeliek - they've hyped the player character up so much that forsaken paladins feel perfectly in line since all Zeliek needed was a strong faith in the light, which seems par for the course at player character levels. I could probably get behind troll paladins - I'd really rather they had custom mojo / loa based animations as opposed to the normal light ones and I doubt they'd get it.
    People asking for the renaming of spells is just silly though, having a bunch of names for the same spell would just be convoluted, but lore / visually they can take liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    They used to, I'm not sure you can make that argument anymore.

The kayfabe used to be that maybe forsaken priests "healed" through the shadow, but Legions artifact questlines seem so explicit that pretending undead priests aren't using the light is sheer fanfiction.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-11-12 at 12:32 PM.

Troll Priests exist in lore, so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Troll Priests exist in lore, so why not.

Well, there's Zandalari Paladins in lore too, so.

Also, as an aside, there's a big chance Dark Iron Dwarves will have Paladins, since it was mentioned as an example.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, there's Zandalari Paladins in lore too, so.

Also, as an aside, there's a big chance Dark Iron Dwarves will have Paladins, since it was mentioned as an example.

Oh was it? Hm must've missed that.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    Yes, but I believe it originated as a druid form that caused those that used it to become mad.
    Yes, in the long long distant past of Azeroth. But the druidic form of Worgen was only used by Night Elf druids. The Worgen form we have now is a curse and not a druid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    At this point I honestly don't give a f*ck about any lore rules.
    The story has gone to sh!t, so may as well let player's get whatever cool combos they like
    I doubt blizz cares about the lore side of things either haha they find a way and do whatever they think fits

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Yes, in the long long distant past of Azeroth. But the druidic form of Worgen was only used by Night Elf druids. The Worgen form we have now is a curse and not a druid form.
    Yep thats true for the Human Worgens, they are cursed thanks to all the other shit that stemmed from Arugal. Though for the hidden skin of Scythe of Elune (so Moonkin spec) you actually bless or remove the Worgen form from Night Elven druids so both actually exist to this day.

Back to the topic, fucking yes please. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I have played mainly Alliance since I started playing WoW. I've had probably.. 4 Horde characters from TBC to now, and only one of them remains and is currently 100, with no plans to level to 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly not. T21 could have been much more Blood Elven, at least in terms of color choice:

In terms of colour, maybe, in terms of shape and overall design, it's most fitting.

Also jfyi, THIS is the blood elven favoured colourscheme:
    http://stuffpoint.com/world-of-warcr...sunstrider.jpg
    http://pre03.deviantart.net/a3d6/th/...er-d4cf6in.jpg
    https://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq....ofsindorei.jpg

I would actually play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    [/B]

Oh was it? Hm must've missed that.
    It was. Of course one could presume that it was a joke, but it's a bit specific to use an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    In terms of colour, maybe, in terms of shape and overall design, it's most fitting.

Also jfyi, THIS is the blood elven favoured colourscheme:
    http://stuffpoint.com/world-of-warcr...sunstrider.jpg
    http://pre03.deviantart.net/a3d6/th/...er-d4cf6in.jpg
    https://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq....ofsindorei.jpg
    Oh, I know. I was just bellyaching a bit that Blizzard didn't make the above Blood Knight coloration available to players, even though it's sitting in the files.