Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Void elves should be treated like Warlocks and Demon Hunters. A useful tool now but something that you probably need to exterminate sooner than later.
    Well, except for Warlocks. Slay them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Embrace the Void elves. They are High elves impowered by one of the fundamental forces of the universe. High elf or blood elf backstory doesn't matter to me. Void elves are the future(and hopefully lead into playable Ethereals for alliance).
    Lol, fan arts are already popping up. I admit it looks cool and i am glad for your void elf enthusiasm. I just.. wont reconcile that easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Voice my displeasure.
    Which, forgive me, sounds comical. Before Void Elves were confirmed you claimed they wouldn't have been too much different from your standard Thalassian Elf model (which, I'll admit, I personally wanted to be way more modified and different than what we eventually got) and when that kind of happened, you indeed confirmed they turned out to be what you expected them to be.

However, all of a sudden, even that is not enough and now Void Elves have become a source of "displeasure". What? Are you disappointed Void Elves are exiled Blood Elves rather than the Alliance-aligned High Elves? People argued over and over again that, of all people, High Elves made the least sense when it came to Void fuckery. And I warned people, back in that shitty thread of Ravenmoon, that too many were jumping to conclusions simply becuase their High Elf boner was too stronk:

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Using the Blood/High Elf model is not an hint. It becomes a rather shallow hint only when you do the convenient leap of logic "Alleria is an High Elf so Void Elves must be High Elves" which is pretentious enough. For all we know, these could even be converted Blood Elves. For sure Blood Elves are easier to recruit, both from an ideological and logistical standpoint.
    Because literally none of this screams "High Elves" in any way or form? Despite all the info above the main "hint" towards that remains the convenient leap of logic "Alleria = High Elf who handles the Void ergo we gotta have High Elves turning into Void Elves" which is convenient as fuck. Hell, Alleria can't even be considered an "High Elf hero", she's a Thalassian hero first and foremost.
    I really fucking need to understand why have this suddenly become a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    i hope you are wrong because it would be awesome as alliance to have such a big high elf presence.
    No, it's not. There shouldn't have been any from the very start. It was a dumb idea that achieved nothing but fueling the flames of nostalgia. Let Blizzard finish the job they started in Cataclysm and get rid of High Elves once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, Turalyon's text says he knows how to Lightforge more Draenei, so they can add more to their numbers. The Blood Elf exiles will probably just be the first crop of Void Elves, and they'll expand their numbers by recruiting High Elves.
    No way in hell High Elves will volunteer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "I feel the fanon overtaking me, it is a good pain !"
    I almost felt in trance while reading that, it was like I travelled through time and space to enter the gates of ultimate FanFiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And these 3 High Elves are Vereesa's entire detachment
    Oh boy, here we go. Two of the mythical 5 High Elves have already fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    someone brings actual constructive thoughts
    Of which 99% are nonsense, headcanon and fanfiction at their finest. The only reason no one cares to touch Northem's bullcrap is because everyone knows its smell too well already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    If you actually bothered to read what he wrote. You would see he was also saying the Void elves backstory should be High elves infused with void magic instead of Blood elves who were kicked out of Silvermoon for using forbidden magic(making the blood elves hypocritical as fuck).
    Was banishing the Wretched hypocritical now? Because Void Elves were probably not much better before Alleria salvaged them.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-11-12 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Northem give it up, this is the result of your years of campaigning. You got what you wanted, just not in the way you wanted it.

You were never going to get in the way you wanted.

Ion even confirmed that High Elves can't be added to the game because they are already in the game.

You've head-canoned long enough. You now have confirmation that there is no difference between High Elves and Blood Elves than a political distinction.

This is, finally, over. And the only people who can't see it's over are people such as yourself who are spinning themselves sick trying to set aside how everything revealed at Blizzcon permanently torpedoed your hopes to have a carbon copy of a Horde model on the Alliance side.

You got your thalassian elf model ( and no, you aren't getting an out of combat model that looks like a Blood Elf. The out of combat model looks like it's been dead a week. The Void form is the form Alleria used in the cinematic)

Take it and make of it what you will.
    Well, I try to put myself into Blizzard's shoes to be able to understand the decision they have taken. I can't do anything else, as it's their game after all.

As I have said on my previous post, I can assume that Blizzard could think that High Elves need a special distinction or "flavor" in order to become playable, and I could even share with them the idea of being the Void that needed "flavor", or I could even accept that the void alters somehow their normal aspect (although I'm still waiting to see the "new" and void-modified normal aspect of Alleria; void form apart) ... OK, all that is something more or less reasonable.

However... how can you explain their stupid idea about giving us some exiled Blood Elves corrupted with the void (something non-existent until now) instead of adding that "void flavor" to the already existent High Elves? It makes no sense! Let me correct you: I didn't get what I wanted, I never wanted exiled and even more corrupted Blood Elves in the Alliance, I (and many people) only wanted to make playable the High Elves who are already part of the Alliance!

Honestly, I believe that Blizzard is shamelessly mocking the Alliance player-base once again with the inclusion of those Void Elves... specially of those who have been requesting playable High Elves on the Alliance for many years...

Because only by doing some changes (basically at the story) Void Elves could be the answer that a lot of people have been looking for years! Is it really so difficult to do the following?

• We can assume the void as that “flavor” the High Elves need to be playable, as long as the Void isn’t seen as a corruption, but as a new tool at their disposal… the last resort to survive as a race, to fight against their own disappearance.

• I shouldn’t have to, but I'm bound to remark that I'm talking about giving the distinctive "flavor" to the authentic High Elves, not about giving to the Alliance some pull-assed group of exiled Blood Elves corrupted by the void that need to be rescued by Alleria… as Blizzard currently intends to do.

• For example, Alleria can rally all the high elves under her command (something probable if Vereesa dies) making them aware that in their current status they are doomed to the extinction!

• So in order to prevent that, Alleria offers all of them how to use the void, not only as a tool to overcome their lack of Sunwell, but also as the only way to prevail, to be really helpful to the Alliance, to maybe allow them to recover their ancestral lands in the future.

• The key would be not seeing the Void Elves as a corrupted race like the Blood Elves (because a true high elf would never ever consent become corrupt) but as empowered High Elves, ready to recover all what they have lost. And perhaps, not all the High Elves have to be trained on the void right now…

• Maybe, firstly only some high elves could be fully trained on the void by Alleria (those who would be the playable ones) but, as not all gilneans are worgen despite all being considered the same race, all the high elves would be considered as such, whether they use the void or not (yet).

• This way, the Void Elves would have two forms: the very customizable "high elven" one and the void form (as a CD or being able to switch between them).

Is there any insurmountable problem in any of those points? I do not think so. It all depends on what Blizzard wants to do: now they have the opportunity to prove to be the kind of company they claim to be.
    Last edited by Northem; 2017-11-12 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    No, it's not. There shouldn't have been any from the very start. It was a dumb idea that achieved nothing but fueling the flames of nostalgia. Let Blizzard finish the job they started in Cataclysm and get rid of High Elves once and for all.
    not only they introduced them in wotlk but in mop high elves were literally alliance's main force for the isle of thunder campaign
    they played a large role in the alliance for several expansions...way more than actual playable races!! you can't blame the people for demanding them to become playable when blizzard itself fueled the flames....they introduced gilneas out of nowhere as playable race and now void elves when people never asked for them...thats why everyone is mad

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Classic Northem, calling blood elves corrupted, and that they did it willingly despite many not having even a choice or idea, and then also trying to say that what the high elves in his idea wouldn't be. All that is missing is you calling the blood elves gay again in a desperate attempt to make High elves seem different.

You do realize why Void elves look the way they do? Because you aren't getting the blood elf skin-tone with blue eyes. Game play reasoning aside, releasing the same race twice looks bad, even if it excites the few who actual care. Void elves won't look like High elves in the skin department for a very specific reason. BLizzard didn't forget about High elves, they recognized the want and said "no "" with their actions.

Never has this been more apperant with Ion's words, that VE's and BE's are a flavor of HE's and the BE's pretty much are HE's

Just because Blizzard doesn't listen to the minority that can't get over the fact that the blood elves joined the Horde, doesn't mean they are some cruel tyrannical company.

But I guess they are cruel for you, after all it's too much to play on the Horde where the entire Thasslassian culture already is, how dare blizzard not cater to your specific desires?

Lets see how many times this needs to be repeated.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-12 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    I love when everyone forgets that Blizzard is holding the pen and can easily kill all the remaining High Elves just to stop the debate once and for all. It's not like there is a book coming and such and it could explain what happens to the Silver Convenant.

It's clear as water that the High Elves wont be playable with the Void Elves being former Blood Elves and Ion defending it, saying that the High Elves are pretty much done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Classic Northem, calling blood elves corrupted, and that they did it willingly despite many not having even a choice or idea, and then also trying to say that what the high elves in his idea wouldn't be. All that is missing is you calling the blood elves gay.

You do realize why Void elves look the way they do? Because you aren't getting the blood elf skin-tone with blue eyes.

Never has this been more apperant with Ion's words, that VE's and BE's are a flavor of HE's and the BE's pretty much are HE's

Just because Blizzard doesn't listen to the minority that can't get over the fact that the blood elves joined the Horde, doesn't mean they are some cruel tyrannical company.

But I guess they are cruel for you, after all it's too much to play on the Horde where the entire Thasslassian culture already is, how dare blizzard not cater to your specific desires?
    There is no need to reason with people like northem. Just enjoy their agony. And remember, that with addition of allied races, they will get hyped and disappointed more often than ever !

Was banishing the Wretched hypocritical now? Because Void Elves were probably not much better before Alleria salvaged them.
    Banishing the Void elves for dealing with powerful but dangerous magic but not banishing Demon Hunters, Death Knights, Warlocks, and Shadow priests is hypocritical. Shadow priests also deal heavily with void magic and insanity. Demon hunters could lose themselves to their inner demon at any moment. Death knights are addicted to inflicting pain and torture. Warlocks deal with consuming souls and siphoning fel magic.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, you do not even read the other points of view ... you are so obstinate thinking that only your way of thinking is the correct one.
    I see how most of you aren't so open-minded as I thought, being unable to see beyond... you just follow the dictates of your god Blizzard.

Are not my suggestions more logical than those proposed by Blizzard? Do you think that Blizzard implementation of the Void Elves is the best? Really?

For the last time, I only suggest that the Void Elves are implemented in this way:

• Alleria has been able to use the Void to empower herself without being corrupted in the process.
    • Alleria tries the Blood Elves rejoin the Alliance, but she fails. She no longer sees them as her kin.
    • Vereesa tries to prove Alleria that Sylvanas can be redeemed, but she also fails, being used by Sylvanas and killed at the end.
    • Alleria enters full rage and take the leadership of all the High Elves, promising them they will survive as a race.
    • For achieve that, Alleria train the high elves at how to use the void to empower themselves, seeing the void not as a way of corruption, but an opportunity to try to balance their position regarding the blood elves, given their lack of Sunwell.
    • The high elves at such disappear, becoming Void Elves, a playable allied race of the Alliance under the leadership of Alleria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    OK, you do not even read the other points of view ... you are so obstinate thinking that only your way of thinking is the correct one.
    I see how most of you aren't so open-minded as I thought, being unable to see beyond... you just follow the dictates of your god Blizzard.

Are not my suggestions more logical than those proposed by Blizzard? Do you think that Blizzard implementation of the Void Elves is the best? Really?

For the last time, I only suggest that the Void Elves are implemented in this way:

• Alleria has been able to use the Void to empower herself without being corrupted in the process.
    • Alleria tries the Blood Elves rejoin the Alliance, but she fails. She no longer sees them as her kin.
    • Vereesa tries to prove Alleria that Sylvanas can be redeemed, but she also fails, being used by Sylvanas and killed at the end.
    • Alleria enters full rage and take the leadership of all the High Elves, promising them they will survive as a race.
    • For achieve that, Alleria train the high elves at how to use the void to empower themselves, seeing the void not as a way of corruption, but an opportunity to try to balance their position regarding the blood elves, given their lack of Sunwell.
    • The high elves at such disappear, becoming Void Elves, a playable allied race of the Alliance under the leadership of Alleria.
    Or the story is already written by Blizzard regarding the Void Elves and the High Elves and you are just boring us out with your headcannon.

Deleted

i admit this sounds very nice and interesting!! way more than blizzard's idea for void elves
    well done northem i mean it great ideas

ofc blizz will stick with their own story so don't hope for changes! but still....think of kul tiras..remember when we all feared that it is going to share the same fate of dalaran or gilneas? that it would be either neutral hub or destroyed....its not! finally one of the seven kingdoms in its full glory is going to rejoin us.....and finally we will win in the battle for lordaeron...stromgarde, gilneas are going to be rebuilt and ours again.....and dont forget turalyon and alleria are now full alliance heroes..
    so even if you are disappointed with void elves think how many things you wished for are now true. ..and even if their story suck at least we will have a flavour of high elves playable as alliance..better than nothing at all dont you think?

Void Elves should come from members of the Sons of Lothar trapped in the Twisting Nether, so that they could feasibly spend the centuries that the lore establishes it takes to actually come close to mastering the Void. And also so they could feasibly be transformed as a race (by evil ethereals?), rather than just trying to master a new magical discipline the way a class might.

Honestly, I would prefer a High Elf that transforms into a piece of shit in combat - like a literal turd, flies buzzing around and everything - over an Alliance Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Or the story is already written by Blizzard regarding the Void Elves and the High Elves and you are just boring us out with your headcannon.
    Proposition =/= headcanon. You really should stop using that word. You dont even know how to spell it.

Void elves do not fit the high elf narrative in the slightest, the high elves that left Quel'thalas over the practice of manatapping shouldn't stoop to the level that is even at least as corrupting as Kael'thas felborne.

[*]Alleria has been able to use the Void to empower herself without being corrupted in the process.
    This is wrong Alleria herself is aware of how corrupt she has become and is very fine being killed for it, as mentioned in the Audio

[*]Alleria tries the Blood Elves rejoin the Alliance, but she fails. She no longer sees them as her kin.
    This is also not true she will simply try to take over Quel'thalas, she won't suddenly feel the urge to slaughter the general population.

[*]Vereesa tries to prove Alleria that Sylvanas can be redeemed, but she also fails, being used by Sylvanas and killed at the end.
    Now this is something that might actually happen if we consider how Sylvanas considers Vereesa a traitor.

[*]Alleria enters full rage and take the leadership of all the High Elves, promising them they will survive as a race.
    For that it is already too late, even before wow it was established that they don't really have a chance for that combined with ongoing losses of the high elves they have no future, something which blizz continued consistently telling in the latest interview.

[*]For achieve that, Alleria train the high elves at how to use the void to empower themselves, seeing the void not as a way of corruption, but an opportunity to try to balance their position regarding the blood elves, given their lack of Sunwell.
    If they agree to that you butcher everything the high elves stand for and their entire decision to split away from Quel'thalas. The void is even more corrupting than fel magic.
    [*]The high elves at such disappear, becoming Void Elves, a playable allied race of the Alliance under the leadership of Alleria.
    And in doing so undid the only defining characteristic they ever had. Ultimately making them Void hungry for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-11-12 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Proposition =/= headcanon. You really should stop using that word. You dont even know how to spell it.
    Northem is notorious for headcanon, years counting. Mainly Northeron. Combatbutler just went through the headcanon on the last post.

Doesn't change the fact that Blizzard most likely has already written the story.

And thanks for the correction, I'm dyslexic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If they agree to that you butcher everything the high elves stand for and their entire decision to split away from Quel'thalas. The void is even more corrupting than fel magic.
    Rommath: We are going to drain Arcane to fulfill our hunger and I'm going to teach you.
    High Elves: NO! We prefer to be exiled and learn to live without magic!

Years later...

Alleria: I'm going to teach you how to drain Void.
    High Elves: Sure, OK!

Seriously, I can't grasp how the High Elven fans are just OK with this. It's no longer about culture, it's about a fricking race title.

Rommath: We are going to drain Arcane to fulfill our hunger and I'm going to teach you.

Years later...

Seriously, I can't grasp how the High Elven fans are just OK with this. It's no longer about culture, it's about a fricking race title.
    Exiled, void-practicing Blood Elves on the Alliance and Silver Covenant High Elves willingly transforming themselves with Void are both ideas that don't make a lick of sense. Plus, neither explains what makes this a race, rather than a class, and ignore the significant amounts of time and effort it's supposed to take to master void.

What particularly annoys me is that Argus, Mac'Aree, and 1000 Years of War all set up a far more plausible scenario for Void Elves.

First, you've got a whole population of High Elves trapped on a planet being torn apart by the Twisting Nether after the Draenor expedition. 1kYoW establishes that survivors unwittingly slipped through these portals into the nether.

Then, you've got the whole contingent of badguy ethereals we see in Mac'Aree, traversing the Nether and attempting to understand Void by capturing and infusing unwilling beings with Void energies.

Finally, you've got the wibbly-wobbliness of time in the Nether (that's more or less a pass to write off any length of time they please), and Void Messiah Alleria, who's learned to channel Helf arcane affinity towards Void mastery.

So, trap some High Elves from the Sons of Lothar in the Nether for 1000 years, tortured and transformed by ethereals. Have Locus Walker and Alleria show up, save the day, and spend a couple years (Nether time) 'curing' and redeeming them. Reintroduce them to Azeroth High Elf society, uneasily welcomed by their brethren in the Silver Covenant or the Theramore survivors, and allow them to share a common culture (like player Gilnean worgen and NPC Gilnean humans).

The current background doesn't seem like it would please anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    Exiled, void-practicing Blood Elves on the Alliance and Silver Covenant High Elves willingly transforming themselves with Void are both ideas that don't make a lick of sense. Plus, neither explains what makes this a race, rather than a class, and ignore the significant amounts of time and effort it's supposed to take to master void.

What particularly annoys me is that Argus, Mac'Aree, and 1000 Years of War all set up a far more plausible scenario for Void Elves.

First, you've got a whole population of High Elves trapped on a planet being torn apart by the Twisting Nether after the Draenor expedition. 1kYoW establishes that survivors unwittingly slipped through these portals into the nether.

Then, you've got the whole contingent of badguy ethereals we see in Mac'Aree, traversing the Nether and attempting to understand Void by capturing and infusing unwilling beings with Void energies.

Finally, you've got the wibbly-wobbliness of time in the Nether (that's more or less a pass to write off any length of time they please), and Void Messiah Alleria, who's learned to channel Helf arcane affinity towards Void mastery.

So, trap some High Elves from the Sons of Lothar in the Nether for 1000 years, tortured and transformed by ethereals. Have Locus Walker and Alleria show up, save the day, and spend a couple years (Nether time) 'curing' and redeeming them. Reintroduce them to Azeroth High Elf society, uneasily welcomed by their brethren in the Silver Covenant or the Theramore survivors, and allow them to share a common culture (like player Gilnean worgen and NPC Gilnean humans).

The current background doesn't seem like it would please anyone.
    Void Elves are complete asspulling, many of us were already pointing it out when the datamined happened. There is really no other way around it.

Deleted
    Northem is notorious for headcanon, years counting. Mainly Northeron. Combatbutler just went through the headcanon on the last post.

Doesn't change the fact that Blizzard most likely has already written the story.

And thanks for the correction, I'm dyslexic.

- - - Updated - - -

Years later...

No true High elf that lived through the third war and the events leading up to Legion would accept becoming a void mutant. It would be no different from draining mana from living beings or snorting fel and it would be the highest hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves are complete asspulling, many of us were already pointing it out when the datamined happened. There is really no other way around it.
    It is. And what has to be considered is the lengths Blizzard went to for that asspull, rather than just making High Elves playable.

Why it's almost as if they have no intention of acceding to that particular demand.