Mythic KJ Halp - W/ Logs

We are sitting at around 225 pulls, best pull 29%, and as everyone I am starting to lose my mind a bit with this boss. Here are our logs from our last evening on him - this was our most consistent night yet, though we did not push into P3 hardly at all, we were consistently getting to 2nd DPS adds and passing them easier than in the past.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q4NfkmpJVFKMv6rw

3 tanks (bear, prot main tanks, blood DK OS 3rd)
    4 healers (hpally + shaman are the most important)

We sacrifice the third add player for 1st and 2nd dps adds. Push P1 before third arma. Push to darkness phase after healing adds / arma soak.

I feel like our strategy is sound, we are executing it properly for the most part (occasional dumb knock off deaths and missed swirl), but I would like to see us having active pulls in P3 more frequently to practice safe spot marking.

If anyone can notice anything that we should adjust, I appreciate it. Or, we are just at that point where progress stagnates a bit, until finally it clicks and you kill boss....
    Raid Lead - Resto Druid - twitch.tv/yeslikeagirl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    We are sitting at around 225 pulls, best pull 29%, and as everyone I am starting to lose my mind a bit with this boss. Here are our logs from our last evening on him - this was our most consistent night yet, though we did not push into P3 hardly at all, we were consistently getting to 2nd DPS adds and passing them easier than in the past.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q4NfkmpJVFKMv6rw

3 tanks (bear, prot main tanks, blood DK OS 3rd)
    4 healers (hpally + shaman are the most important)

We sacrifice the third add player for 1st and 2nd dps adds. Push P1 before third arma. Push to darkness phase after healing adds / arma soak.

I feel like our strategy is sound, we are executing it properly for the most part (occasional dumb knock off deaths and missed swirl), but I would like to see us having active pulls in P3 more frequently to practice safe spot marking.

If anyone can notice anything that we should adjust, I appreciate it. Or, we are just at that point where progress stagnates a bit, until finally it clicks and you kill boss....
    Overall, strategy sounds fine. There is less stress on soaks now, which is nice so the DK can soak every single one. Regarding second dps adds, its extremely important that DPS saves cds for them, and your healers besides pala uses cds aswell.
    Apart from that, it helped us that we focus two down fast, and sacrified one (like you are). When you get your second healer adds, make sure the healers run towards middle - so that you don't get the silence pools on top of p2 intermission location (if unlucky). Our second suicide had to die to orbs instead of fel claws, cause adds died to fast.

Took random try. Your DK tank died twice to soaks. Fuckups happens, but thats why you have purgatory (he does not). 2 times in one try is abit rough!

Druid healer seems abit lowish on healing. Druid tank could do more dmg to the tank adds (Our druid tank with luffa+eko is top 1-3 on our kills) - he plays incarn and rend though.

Your shaman sometimes spirit links around 7 mins. He should have it for first darkness.

Other than that, you pretty much just need everyone alive for p3, and its a kill if marks are placed proper and orb kiting is fine. My best tip for marking is that you go to opposite of the rift, scout "ahead" until you find a safe lane, then turn your camera and find the spot. Be vocal when you placed the mark.

Bursting -> Stack on mark and Bait -> Stack on mark is important for your raid to do!

I also noticed your entire raid stacks at boss just before p2 intermission... You should spread out, ping + call where illidan is. You ofc need roar + AoE grip just before it goes dark! The adds actually get to spread out cause your to slow. This way you can AoE grip them ~1 sec before it goes dark, and with roar get to stun them before they move first time. Let them cast to ½ and stun them again. You should kill the last add 1-3 seconds before the first knockback hits, to have the best transition.

Edit: Looking at your dps - hunters seem to save cds. Your DH's is playing with belt for some unknown reason (Do you have to have this to push the boss pre third arma, otherwise useless) - play shoulders instead, so they can actually meta on adds! Also they don't nemesis the adds, RIP.

Your boomie should save his second CA for dps adds. He doesnt have it up for them. Doesnt matter if he looses a usage, hes a shit ton of dmg on the adds with it. Shaman does not save Ascendance either. Your mages saves cds, except Janzy. Tell him to play meteor and save combustion Not sure if your warrior hits adds consisntly either.

TLDR of this post: Go on a witch hunt on your dps'ers - they are not consistently saving cds, causing your dps adds to be much harder than they should be. You don't need everyone to save - for example you might want your shaman to have his Ascendance for the p2 intermission instead (so he has can use it on cd, and save when near p3).

Rule of thumb for dpsers - If you have 2 min cds, use them 1x in p1, 1x in p2 and then on dps adds in p2. If you have 3 min cds, you can only use them on dps adds in p1, and on dps adds in p2.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2017-11-12 at 04:36 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=67

This is the entirety of your issue in P2. It's not bad but a lot of people can be higher. Your Warrior specifically can be Ravagering 2 adds and even using Glaive trinket to utterly destroy them with Battle Cry and Avatar. One of your Hunters is way too low. What is Wilco even doing?

Get people in the mindset that nothing in this phase matters damage wise except this add set. Start saving CDs and pooling resources so every DPS goes into it with full Focus/Rage/Soul Shards etc. Everyone should be second potting here as well. Find people who aren't. For example:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=229206

2 of your DPS (Ele, Hunter) use a second pot before those adds come up and don't have it available for literally the only important DPS part of the fight. They're scumbagging lining it up with their CDs instead of what actually matters. Call them out aggressively and get them to get on board with the strategy.

Huge thanks to both of you, re-emphasizing your comments above allowed us to see P3 repeatedly last night, we’ve now managed to master illidan darkness phase with only 1 knockback. Got to 16%, just need to clean up obelisk deaths and get the dance down for baiting the orb vs getting to the safe spot. Hopefully we are a few nights to a kill now! Thank you again, made a big difference having your feedback.
    Raid Lead - Resto Druid - twitch.tv/yeslikeagirl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Huge thanks to both of you, re-emphasizing your comments above allowed us to see P3 repeatedly last night, we’ve now managed to master illidan darkness phase with only 1 knockback. Got to 16%, just need to clean up obelisk deaths and get the dance down for baiting the orb vs getting to the safe spot. Hopefully we are a few nights to a kill now! Thank you again, made a big difference having your feedback.
    We tanked the boss facing the rift, druid tank can use Rage of the sleepers + SI during first obelisk, on in both cycles of p3. This means his position is not important, as he will survive.

My best advice regarding p3, is ensure your raid knows where you are attempting to place the markers. I always tried placing them opposite of the rift (starting point for the search). First, you should look one direction, find a lane, when you have turn your camera and find the safe spot. Call out when its marked, people should be near not stacked on it. Bursting (First obelisk) or Bait (Second obelisk) -> Stack. You should roar on either, its up to preference mostly.