Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can see the daily Russian Troll factory meeting.. "Da! so is settled comrades we promote story about washed up star trek actor instead of world leaders!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Haha, he is blaming Russian bots for the story now..
    He's not blaming Russian bots for the story. He's pointing out that Russian propaganda bots have gone batshit on promoting it, which is (was, until earlier) true. Russian bot monitoring is actually a pretty interesting field.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2017-11-12 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    You ignoring the part of the accusation that clearly implies being drugged by George?
    Except what he described sounded more like being drunk rather than being "roofied". Still doesn't make it okay if the dude was just drunk though.

Of course it's years later and he might very well have been drugged, but roofies is just a slang name for extra-strong Benzodiazepines whose use with Alcohol is highly contraindicated as they leave you almost in a comatose state.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see the daily Russian Troll factory meeting.. "Da! so is settled comrades we promote story about washed up star trek actor instead of world leaders!"
    That makes way more sense if you use "highly liberal advocate" as an identifier.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Stern then asked Takei if he ever grabbed a man’s genitals against his will.

Takei appeared taken aback by the question.

‘Uh oh,’ he said with a laugh.

When Stern asked him again, he said: ‘Some people are kind of skittish, or maybe, um, uh, afraid, and you’re trying to persuade

"Grab them by the penis" - George Takei 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Is he really? That's awesome.
    No he’s not. The story is completely separate. He’s blaming Russian bots for making it more visible.

Chekov attacks Sulu?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

George Takei is denying it ever happened, he doesn't even remember the guy or so he says.

In a series of tweets this morning, Takei writes that the events “simply did not occur.” He adds that he does not remember Scott R. Brunton, who made the allegations in a THR interview which ran on Friday. “I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them,” Takei continues to his 2.79M followers.

Takei, who played Mr Sulu on the original Star Trek, and who is also an author, producer and social activist, writes, “I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment.”

“Right now it is a he said/he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago,” he continues. “But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.”

Brunton accused Takei of “groping at my crotch and trying to get my underwear off” while he was passed out at the star’s home. He said he “pushed him off” and left Takei’s house, claiming also to have met Takei for coffee years later, but not discussing the incident with Takei.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/george-t...er-1202206322/

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'm glad you can find a silver-lining in sexual predation...
    You realise this is ALL silver lining, right? The sexual predation in question has already happened, decades ago in this case (assuming this allegation is true). And it's systemic in some cases.

What's happening NOW is that the lid is being lifted and the main offenders are being brought to light. The code of shame and powerlessness is being broken.

- - - Updated - - -

The way it actually works is that they create stories that mobilise the alt-Right. So something that creates a narrative of "uh uh lefties do it too" is right up their alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    I always go for proof first but when the dude straight up admits it...

And then of course he tries to go "BUT IT WAS DIFFERENT WITH TRUMP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Can someone fill me in, all of these people being accused and denying it, why dont they just go take their accusor to court for defamation? they would surely win? I know i know innocent until proven guilty but its still dumb that none of them go to court to defend themselves but always say they are falsely accused

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Can someone fill me in, all of these people being accused and denying it, why dont they just go take their accusor to court for defamation? they would surely win? I know i know innocent until proven guilty but its still dumb that none of them go to court to defend themselves but always say they are falsely accused
    Taken from http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-...-slander.html:

Defamation laws protect the reputations of individuals and other entities (such as businesses) from untrue and damaging statements. Libel refers to statements that can be seen (typically written and published), while slander occurs when a defamatory statement is spoken or otherwise audible (such as a radio broadcast). To prove either type of defamation, plaintiffs must prove the following four elements:

First, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false and defamatory statement concerning the plaintiff.
    Second, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made an unprivileged publication to a third party.
    Third, the plaintiff must prove that the publisher acted at least negligently in publishing the communication.
    Fourth, in some cases, the plaintiff must prove special damages.

Don't really believe it, but don't care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I always go for proof first but when the dude straight up admits it...

And then of course he tries to go "BUT IT WAS DIFFERENT WITH TRUMP!"
    His argument is more along the lines of he was never in a position of power over these people or using his status in any way; it was instead an act between two equal individuals alone in his home, and he made a direct advance. Depending on the context of those acts, that could be its own can of worms (was it assumed between the two that they were to have an intimate encounter, and Takei made a strong first move to break the tension? Or did he have someone over as a casual get together and suddenly grope them?), but it's a very different situation than taking advantage of your power to take what you want and put someone in a position where they must obey or lose the life that they've worked for.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You realise this is ALL silver lining, right? The sexual predation in question has already happened, decades ago in this case (assuming this allegation is true). And it's systemic in some cases.

What's happening NOW is that the lid is being lifted and the main offenders are being brought to light. The code of shame and powerlessness is being broken.
    Lol what a load of bullshit paragraph. You literally gloated that at least your predators were only actors, as if it matters what a Predators job is, they are still Predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Lol what a load of bullshit paragraph. You literally gloated that at least your predators were only actors, as if it matters what a Predators job is, they are still Predators.
    To recap, Strangebrew tried to politically capitalise on this latest accusation being against a "leftie fuck" and I made a joke about it. Lighten up?

But yes, getting back to the real issue, as I said the increased rate of reporting is a sign of the victims feeling that they can come forward now, ie it's a step forward. It's a good thing. Sexual harassment and assault happening in the dark and being hushed up is not a good scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Honestly this dude is the least shocking of them all so far. The dude just reeks sex predator.

I feel bad for all the people sexually assaulted by these celebs who try to hide their vile actions behind leftist indoctrination, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying watching the house of cards fall.

Watching limousine liberal Hollywood hypocrites be exposed as the sexual predators they are behind the curtain

God yes

Watching liberals kick and scream about some "B...But how can we amke this about le Drumpf?!?!?!?!?"

God. Yes.

Watching liberals squirm and further eat themselves alive as their celebrity heros are outed as the pedophiles and/or sex predators they are

God.. YES!!!

I'm going to need some more popcorn, boys
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-11-13 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and that's all it will be an accusation there's no evidence so without that sorry but innocent until proven guilty.
    This hypocrite was going around a week ago saying "We need to believe the victims of this campaign." Now that the shoe is on the other foot he is gonna go around saying that nobody should jump to conclusions. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    His argument is more along the lines of he was never in a position of power over these people or using his status in any way; it was instead an act between two equal individuals alone in his home, and he made a direct advance. Depending on the context of those acts, that could be its own can of worms (was it assumed between the two that they were to have an intimate encounter, and Takei made a strong first move to break the tension? Or did he have someone over as a casual get together and suddenly grope them?), but it's a very different situation than taking advantage of your power to take what you want and put someone in a position where they must obey or lose the life that they've worked for.
    It's really nothing but an attempt to make it seem less bad, one that you're happy to support for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Yet another accusation with no proof.

Let's accuse anyone and everyone of sexual assault. Because all you need to do is make an accusation right now for public crucifixion.

Hmm - So it’s not ok for Trump to guy talk about grabbing them by the pussy but it’s ok for Takei to actually grab them by the cock.

I wonder if he’ll be issuing a public apology over his comments directed towards Trump.....I’d say no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yet another accusation with no proof.

Let's accuse anyone and everyone of sexual assault. Because all you need to do is make an accusation right now for public crucifixion.

Except he openly admitted doing the exact thing he’s accused of many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.