Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Yeah thats why people still play classic WoW on private servers after 12 years. Good luck with your speech.
    and some people take heroin or crack even though its not good for them

its called addiction

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    when they take resources from the main game into the old outdated pos, then its hard to focus on us, when we are getting shafted. time and money spent on classic could easily been another raid tier or a new needed feature

Its not like blizzard suddenly got a big squirt of money into a new department in blizzard to make vanilla. classic is leeching from the developement of the only wow that matters. Retail
    Works for me lol
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

its called addiction
    said someone on WoW forum. like...really?

Deleted

its called addiction
    Most people who still play vanilla WoW are adults who have a job, friends, wife and kids. How many heroin or crack addicts do you know that have a job, friends, wife and kids?

Its called a hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    when they take resources from the main game into the old outdated pos, then its hard to focus on us, when we are getting shafted. time and money spent on classic could easily been another raid tier or a new needed feature

Its not like blizzard suddenly got a big squirt of money into a new department in blizzard to make vanilla. classic is leeching from the developement of the only wow that matters. Retail
    U know that people who create raids aren't the same people who bring classic back? And even then, i'll give a fuck on a new raid tier if i can get the whole vanilla game back. And i'm sure setup vanilla don't need so much resources that anything else will be delayed. Everything is already here. They just have to integrate the client into the current bnet structure and implement some fixes to make the server running. A raid tier is 4 - 6 months current content but then trash. Let's talk at THIS waste of time and money.
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2017-11-12 at 05:34 PM.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

its called addiction
    Yes let's compare drug abuse to an older version of a video game people play because they enjoy it..........

You really aren't doing yourself any favors here when you present a discussion point like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm just happy they're doing it because I'm sick of you REEEEEEEEEE OLD GAMES ARE SHIT!!1!1!1! fuckheads.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Not really, They said they are in the process of hiring a new team for classic and it is not taking away from BfA.
    I think he's complaining that they hired new devs to work on classic instead of sending them to work on BfA. Therefore in his mind classic stole devs from CfA.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    U know that people who create raids aren't the same people who bring classic back? And even then, i'll give a fuck on a new raid tier if i can get the whole vanilla game back. And i'm sure setup vanilla don't need so much resources that anything else will be delayed. Everything is already here. They just have to integrate the client into the current bnet structure and implement some fixes to make the server running. A raid tier is 4 - 6 months current content but then trash. Let's talk at THIS waste of time and money.
    Except they will remake the vanilla experience in the current game engine. This is not just a simple integrate patch 1.xx on the bnet client. Or it would already have been out.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I'm surprised how bitter some people are about it.
    I think people are bitter because it is a huge waste of resources. The nostalgia is "remember when we used to sit in our capital cities together"? Really worth it? again to a infantismal amount of people, who will ultimately get tired of it once they feel that "when it was new" feeling for a small amount of time. I really love all play styles by the way. And I wish it well for those of you looking forward to it. Just a millions vs a few thousand that will be trying hard not to say they told you so. Are you going to ask for a smaller sub fee? are you going to want new content? class balancing? no DK, Monk, Demon Hunter, no class/race combos that weren't originally available right? Ammo for hunters? lol

Good lucks

I wonder if we copy cut pasted this EXACT post.. used the EXACT title and then just edited it to say the next expansion over classic.. and then posted it over there.. if the post wouldnt get shut down in lets say...? 30 minutes tops and I get a ban?

Lets just find out shall we.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aste-of-talent
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-11-12 at 05:44 PM.

Except they will remake the vanilla experience in the current game engine. This is not just a simple integrate patch 1.xx on the bnet client. Or it would already have been out.
    Yeah they literally can't use the old client, it's a mess and can be easily exploited. The server will mostly stay the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Some of us like playing the original Super Mario Bros. You focus on you and we'll focus on us.
    Not even remotely comparable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Some people don't like their sub being wasted on a bunch of incels wankfest classic mode.

Funny how people like different things but only one side is being asked to pay for it.
    You also payed for Hearthstone, HoTS, Overwatch, Diablo, Starcraft, Titan Project and god knows what else Blizzard is making on it's basement.
    I dont see people complaining about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel
    they are, seperate development teams, this takes absolutely nothing away from the retail game, they said that themselves. Stop acting like these things can't exist in parallel.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags
    They can't, because they have to protect their property, letting people do so would open the door for people to eventually legally use the Warcraft IP to make entirely new games without licensing.

and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    1. They have better talent already working on the retail game. They can't just throw more people at it, teams for a project can only get so big before it starts becoming a detriment.

2. Forward is only a good thing if you're facing the right direction. That direction is different for everyone. Far as I'm concerned the path forward got turned off of around the time Cataclysm went into development.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit it is. They trained up to where they had 300 WoW devs going into Legion and suddenly there's only 180 for BfA. Wonder what shit tier project they got moved to... Oh wait.
    I don't know, maybe the expansion after BFA because that's how Blizzard does WoW expansions? When as an expansion is done that team starts working on the one after the next, since BFA was next, they are working on the one after that... This is common knowledge.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    It may be a waste of whatever resources you might imagine is needed, but it is happening regardless. So, get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I wonder if we copy cut pasted this EXACT post.. used the EXACT title and then just edited it to say the next expansion over classic.. and then posted it over there.. if the post wouldnt get shut down in lets say...? 30 minutes tops and I get a ban?

Ahaha 10/10

Maybe you need to change the wording to make your point across.
    It's very hard to understand someone saying BfA is a waste of resources and we should be focusing on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ahaha 10/10

Maybe you need to change the wording to make your point across.
    It's very hard to understand someone saying BfA is a waste of resources and we should be focusing on Classic.
    It is suppose to be totally retarded like the OP here. Just an experiment. I hope I am proven wrong but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aste-of-talent
    You actually did this. Hilarious!
    +1

Some people don't like their sub being wasted on a bunch of incels wankfest classic mode.

Funny how people like different things but only one side is being asked to pay for it.
    Wow! Have they announced that classic is going to be free? Awesome!

Bullshit it is. They trained up to where they had 300 WoW devs going into Legion and suddenly there's only 180 for BfA. Wonder what shit tier project they got moved to... Oh wait.
    I also like how you're pulling numbers out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Deam View Post
    I think people are bitter because it is a huge waste of resources. The nostalgia is "remember when we used to sit in our capital cities together"?
    They're bitter because there are other people who like different things. The mentality "I don't like it, it shouldn't exist" was always very strong with the anti-classic crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Deam View Post
    Really worth it? again to a infantismal amount of people, who will ultimately get tired of it once they feel that "when it was new" feeling for a small amount of time. I really love all play styles by the way. And I wish it well for those of you looking forward to it. Just a millions vs a few thousand that will be trying hard not to say they told you so. Are you going to ask for a smaller sub fee? are you going to want new content? class balancing? no DK, Monk, Demon Hunter, no class/race combos that weren't originally available right? Ammo for hunters? lol

Good lucks
    And the sarcastic tones used in this message is a great example of how you don't like all play styles. Also, since you're looking in the hourglass and predicting future, can you tell me the stock market trends for the next June?