Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh, and don't bother talking about Illidan during the 7.2/7.3 nonsense. Cause, he too had his moments for when being half naked mean't jack shit as well *Cough* *Cough* Arthas *Cough* *Cough*....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I do get it.

What you dont seem to understand is that a character can be multiple things and original intent does not prevent a character from being something outside that intent.
    But, Some characters are never intended to be Sexy in the first place?

This is Warcraft, not Game of Thrones. ALL of these Character's are meant to be badass...

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Oh, and don't bother talking about Illidan during the 7.2/7.3 nonsense. Cause, he too had his moments for when being half naked mean't jack shit as well *Cough* *Cough* Arthas *Cough* *Cough*....

- - - Updated - - -

But, Some characters are never intended to be Sexy in the first place?

This is Warcraft, not Game of Thrones. ALL of these Character's are meant to be badass...
    The intent may not have been to be sexy, but that doesnt mean they cant be.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Jaina is wearing cloth. She is, if anything, less armored than before as before she had what looked like armor on her top.
    Tyrande armored down from her original inception. She now wears a frilly silken dress.
    Whitemane is wearing a bathing suit, though if you meant new Whitemane, she's now has an exposed midsection.
    Sylvaanas shows a lot of skin still

Your examples don't mean they were mean't to be Sexy...

That just means they wore Original Armor before they changed their shirt.

Jaina wore for Mage Uniform...

Sylvanas wore her Quel'thalas Armor...

Tyrande wore her Archer/Sentinal Armor back in WC3...

Whitemane wore her Scarlet Crusade Armor...

And much more...

Doesn't mean they were made to be Sexy. Just means they're designed uniquely...

Hell, Sylvanas' Stomach is now Armored up. She doesn't show much skin now. Like, at ALL...

Jaina is wearing her Royal gear (Cause, she's the Daughter of the man that used to OWN the fucking place)...

Tyrande is now the High Priestess of Elune. So, yeah...

And Whitemane's stomach is showing cause that's likely how she wants to wear her gear. Idk, Deathknight's might feel a bit warm in their Order Halls with all that Armor, even with all that Cold Tempature...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    I don't care that they added more clothing.

What bugs me is the color scheme. The pieces added don't mesh with her existing uniform. It looks hideous.
    yup, and bring back her purple armor. wtf. How does red even go with undercity
    #TeamSylvanas

5+ Year Old Account
    Argus, you seem to mistaking fantasy for reality.

Demon Hunters don't exist. The lore exists only in so much as it explains their creator's intentions. They could be hypermobile wearing full plate armor because of specially crafted joints in the warmor and rocket boots, super strength, or 'wizard did it', but that's not what the designer wanted. The designer wanted a superheroic demon-powered killing machine. So he designed one with no shirt and badass tattoos. All the Lore sprouts from that. All the "Reasons" he doesn't wear armor come from the decision to make a character who didn't wear armor. There wasn't some grand tradition of Nelf Demon Hunters that was handed down through the generations and adapted to the game world based on real world events.

He's shirtless 'cause the designer went 'Hmm. I like the idea of tats for this character, but armor would cover them up. No armor! Big muscles! POWER and SPEED!"

Fuck, nelf demon hunters could've been 3 feet tall with bells on the top of their pointy hats and goddamned gatling guns if the designers had wanted that and all the Lore would back that decision up (And it would still be terrible).
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

The intent may not have been to be sexy, but that doesnt mean they cant be.
    You're right. That doesn't mean they can't be...

They aren't...

One's dead (AKA, Undead), The other one's close to 50, The other one's an Undead serving the Deathlord, and the last one's old, and is married to a tree hugger....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Argus, you seem to mistaking fantasy for reality.

Demon Hunters don't exist. The lore exists only in so much as it explains their creator's intentions. They could be hypermobile wearing full plate armor because of specially crafted joints in the warmor and rocket boots, super strength, or 'wizard did it', but that's not what the designer wanted. The designer wanted a superheroic demon-powered killing machine. So he designed one with no shirt and badass tattoos. All the Lore sprouts from that. All the "Reasons" he doesn't wear armor come from the decision to make a character who didn't wear armor. There wasn't some grand tradition of Nelf Demon Hunters that was handed down through the generations and adapted to the game world based on real world events.

He's shirtless 'cause the designer went 'Hmm. I like the idea of tats for this character, but armor would cover them up. No armor! Big muscles! POWER and SPEED!"

Fuck, nelf demon hunters could've been 3 feet tall with bells on the top of their pointy hats and goddamned gatling guns if the designers had wanted that and all the Lore would back that decision up (And it would still be terrible).
    That, or the Lore designed the Demon Hunters to be that way...

AKA, THE LORE MADE BY THE DEVS!

I'm not mistaking Fantasy for Reality...

You're just mistaking Reality for Fantasy...

Do people not realize that WoW is a high fantasy setting and that, given the types of weapons and magics people use, armor has almost zero meaning? Logic has no place here, it has about as much logic as a comic book hero fight.

Deleted
    I don't mind armor but anyone who was responsible for face made it worse than in previous model. Wrath model also looks cleaner imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxliev View Post
    I don't mind armor but anyone who was responsible for face made it worse than in previous model. Wrath model also looks cleaner imo.

Pretty faces are a male power fantasy.

Do people not realize that WoW is a high fantasy setting and that, given the types of weapons and magics people use, armor has almost zero meaning? Logic has no place here, it has about as much logic as a comic book hero fight.
    Logic has no meaning in an MMO?

So what, we can just bring in fucking Goku from DBZ into WoW, and that would make sense cause there's no Logic? No, how about we 1 shot Sargeras cause hey, fuck Logic. MMORPG am I right?

Do you hear yourself right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty faces are a male power fantasy.
    So...

Does that make Ugly male faces a female power fantasy?

Again, do you hear yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Alright...

Not causing more of this shit...

I'm done here.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck with this thread guys.

5+ Year Old Account
    That, or the Lore designed the Demon Hunters to be that way...

AKA, THE LORE MADE BY THE DEVS!

I'm not mistaking Fantasy for Reality...

You're just mistaking Reality for Fantasy...

Anyone else excited for Antorus, now?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

Anyone else excited for Antorus, now?

Anyone else excited for the Warfront on Gnomeregan now?

Logic has no meaning in an MMO?

So what, we can just bring in fucking Goku from DBZ into WoW, and that would make sense cause there's no Logic? No, how about we 1 shot Sargeras cause hey, fuck Logic. MMORPG am I right?

Do you hear yourself right now?

- - - Updated - - -

So...

Does that make Ugly male faces a female power fantasy?

Again, do you hear yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Alright...

Not causing more of this shit...

I'm done here.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck with this thread guys.
    It was sarcasm XD (the male power thing) I mean, have you not been paying attention to anything I've typed?

Though there is no logic to WoW.

Varian somehow beheaded a dragon in one blow.

Garrosh in a world of sniper rifles, went around bare chested and no armor on his head.

Shamans throw globs of lava.

Warlocks liquify organs with a hand wave

Mages throw giant pillars of razor sharp ice.

and so on. What is armor going to do to help?
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-11-12 at 07:39 PM.

It was sarcasm XD I mean, have you not been paying attention to anything I've typed?

Though there is no logic to WoW.

Varian somehow beheaded a dragon in one blow.

Garrosh in a world of sniper rifles, went around bare chested and no armor on his head.

Shamans throw globs of lava.

Warlocks liquify organs with a hand wave

Mages throw giant pillars of razor sharp ice.

and so on. What is armor going to do to help?
    What's Armor going to do to help?

Get wounded less...

I mean, Vol'jin got stabbed ONCE by a Felguard, and he got knocked down...

Meanwhile, Varian was capable of taking more than a few Stabs from Demons...

And he was all ALONE when that happened...

So, it helps with more defense, I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Armor also makes you look cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, but it will protect her from an arrow or from shrapnel from a fireball blasting nearby wall or something.
    She's undead. None of that should actually matter.

You can talk about the practicality of it all you want but the reality is that Metzen didn't feel like explaining to his daughter that this 25 year old franchise has an art style based on 30 year old paintings by Frank Frazetta, and apparently is now ashamed of the entire fantasy genre... so he went over to a franchise where the face character wears full body skintight PVC instead. Then he rightfully retired when he realized he was getting too old and effectively using his executive clout to tell teenagers to get off his lawn.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2017-11-12 at 07:50 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

What's Armor going to do to help?

Get wounded less...

I mean, Vol'jin got stabbed ONCE by a Felguard, and he got knocked down...

Meanwhile, Varian was capable of taking more than a few Stabs from Demons...

And he was all ALONE when that happened...

So, it helps with more defense, I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Armor also makes you look cooler.
    I dont recall any of those blows hitting on Varian, Vol'Jin had a full on stab to his back by a giant cleaver. Armor wouldnt have helped him.

The point is, if you apply logic to wow a lot of shit falls apart. Why didnt the legion have any of their many gunners just shoot -every leader- in the head, since they seem to just plain hate wearing anything up top.

If armor is so important how is the horde a threat at all? Aside from a few elites, they dont seem to ever wear armor, and funnier still, the Orc's most elite seem to wear less than anyone (blademasters)

7+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell do people care about what some NPC wears or if they change clothes?

I dont recall any of those blows hitting on Varian, Vol'Jin had a full on stab to his back by a giant cleaver. Armor wouldnt have helped him.

The point is, if you apply logic to wow a lot of shit falls apart. Why didnt the legion have any of their many gunners just shoot -every leader- in the head, since they seem to just plain hate wearing anything up top.

If armor is so important how is the horde a threat at all? Aside from a few elites, they dont seem to ever wear armor, and funnier still, the Orc's most elite seem to wear less than anyone (blademasters)
    Some of that isn't even a matter of Logic, and Idiocy...

It's just a matter of Plot...

Some of that isn't even a matter of Logic, and Idiocy...

It's just a matter of Plot...
    Yes, and the plot often does not make much logical sense. if you're trying to find any logic in what people wear, then WoW is the worst setting to look to. Most "armor" wouldnt be wearable, most weapons wouldnt be wieldable.

Yes, and the plot often does not make much logical sense. if you're trying to find any logic in what people wear, then WoW is the worst setting to look to. Most "armor" wouldnt be wearable, most weapons wouldnt be wieldable.
    Still better than FFXIV....

As well as most Anime...

- - - Updated - - -

Despite...both FFXIV, and most Anime having weaker Characters than...WoW's....Characters...