Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    There is no outdated sh!t. But there are graphic wh*res who can't realize, that a lot of people like to play old games with their old graphics. I still play a lot of console games from SEGA/SNES era, some from NES era. Why? Because they were and still are fun!

Bringing Classic WoW to new client would do a huge disfavor to those who wait it and who had to leave modern WoW because it kept increasing hardware requirements and brought CASC on us (yes, it was one of the reasons why I didn't play Legion for longer than 1 week).
    Do you even ready what I am writing? You are asking for them to use outdated file systems because that is how it was back then? That makes no sense! The whole reason why they are even able to do Classic servers is because they (or someone from outside the company) found a way to add Classic into their existing infrastructure. Re-implementing old and outdated systems for the sake of nostalgia, something which has no effect on gameplay itself, makes no sense, and neither does it for those who are still running 1998 hardware or Windows XP because they are a small fringe minority.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Really? Leveling is your rebuttal? And yea have fun wasting 100's of gold so you can ''try diff specs''. You're reaching in your ass to pull out crap answers because you have no real answers to give, that is the game you are defending. Also please explain to me how classes are homogenized vs vanilla when warlock vs mage you are choosing whether to spam shadowbolt or frostbolt? Cmon man.
    First respec costed only 1 gold, next one 5 gold (if memory serves me right). it didn't go all the way up to 50 (which was the cap) unless you were respeccing too much. This approach is coming from Diablo 2, when they didn't even have respec option until expansion (or was it brought in with some patch? not sure).

I also was one of those people who had several of same class but with very different specs. All classes played very differently back then, I am not going into long discussions here, there were TONS of thread about it during Cata, MoP, etc. releases, when classes were gradually stripped off of all their classic features and turned into some generic tank/healer/dps.

Guess I'm a 1%er than. Stuff I want: Transmog and AoE looting. I'd also like all specs to at least be playable because many of them aren't. That's all.

Been playing since pre-BGs Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Or 99% played old WOW and remember the problems they had with it all those years ago. They still remember the things players wanted changed. They remember killing 80 boars and still not getting all 5 boar butts.

Just because 100 people want vanilla WOW doesn't mean all of them want the same things, welcome to the real world.
    Definitely this. I enjoyed my time with Vanilla, but I rate it under Cataclysm/MoP because of all the horrible problems it has. If they're gonna redo the same problems, Classic will flop so fucking hard.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    I would like to see proof of this. Can you link your char on bnet for me? PM me if you want, I'm genuinely curious if someone that played to rank 13 could be that misinformed, or if you're just BSing.

Anyway, there are a LOT of high level quest zones and enough quests to hit 60 on. This is a FACT. Just because you didn't want to travel to other zones and opted instead to grind doesn't mean it was the ONLY way to hit 60. AND EVEN if it were, I'd have no issue with it because there's plenty of useful items to farm in the 50s (runecloth, essences, felcloth, etc).
    No, I am not linking my account on public forum and think what you want, but I did that once, never again.

And look who is BSing now. So EVEN IF I am right, it is still okay? What horse are you riding, if you believe, that no changes should be made in Classic WoW and your opinion is the right one? There is a reason why many specs were laugh at in Vanilla. Many underperformed in PvP, many in PvE, some in both. WoW was never perfect.

The thing about Vanilla WoW is, that many people believed it is okay, if one spec is godlike in PvP but mediocre in PvE and vice-versa, but is that truth? I don't think so, that's why I think balance changes should be made and improve quest flow. You disagree, that's okay, but your e-peen is not long enough to actually tell others, they don't understand and their opinion doesn't matter. (you are not probably as experience as you believe you are ).

I have very little experience with Vanilla dungeons and close to zero experience with raiding, but I leveled several alts to level 60 and was pvp-ing like 12-14 hours almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    Do you even ready what I am writing? You are asking for them to use outdated file systems because that is how it was back then? That makes no sense! The whole reason why they are even able to do Classic servers is because they (or someone from outside the company) found a way to add Classic into their existing infrastructure. Re-implementing old and outdated systems for the sake of nostalgia, something which has no effect on gameplay itself, makes no sense, and neither does it for those who are still running 1998 hardware or Windows XP because they are a small fringe minority.
    MPQs aren't outdated systems. They still have Diablo 2 with it. MPQs, which are basically file archives, don't cause such stress to data disks as new CASC does.

Also, sry, but you sound stupid. Maybe you will also say that Assembler is to outdated because it was invented many dozens years ago, and everyone should start programming on Python?

Thanks to gods, that there aren't much people thinking like you, otherwise we would already be stripped from all those good old games, because they are "outdated", "antiquated" and should be remastered to run in 99999k and have 9999999x9999999 native resolution. And screw everyone else who enjoyed actual graphics of those games and their gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

How many classes did you have at 60? I had 2 and idk how I managed the 2nd one if I'm honest. What you call fun leveling I call horrendous. Having to grind mobs because there are gaps in the quests isn't fun. And I don't remember the exact cost system they had either, but I remember not being able to physically respec my broke shaman before he was level 40 bc it was too expensive.
    I reached 60 in TBC already as I took my time and weren't in hurry. I had 3 lv.70 characters in TBC.

I understood that many people were simply not giving much thought to the game (if to not say failing in the game), when one of my friends asked me "Is having 80 Gold at my level 15 ok or it isn't very much?"

Same with quests, as other poster already noted. I also fear many people didn't really play back then. Dungeon gear was vital. Scarlet Monastery had some nice drops and quest rewards back then. Same for old Sunken Temple which had Class Quests with neat rewards for every class. So people tried to do some quests in mix with dungeons in between. While other people were lazy and didn't even want to go around the world, visit Kalimdor, see other zones, just because they had some efficient XP grind route laid to them by some stupid guide and that guide had tons of "grind in such and such spot till level X"moments. I still rememebr such guides, some had a price cost, and lazy people were buying those instead of enjoying the game.

So now people can kill 5 boars and get 5 boar butts and get to max level in a matter of few days. They already have it in Legion, why mess up Classic?

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to say. Personally, I wait for TBC/WotLK servers, but they didn't differ THAT much from Classic in certain gameplay aspects (though many things were greatly improved). And so I am all for the purity of Classic servers, and so that TBC/WotLK servers would also be pure authentic experience. And while I wait, why not play Classic servers and make several lv.60 toons there?
    You are gonna have to wait a looong time for tbc/wotlk servers. See you in like 10 years.

Deleted
    How many classes did you have at 60? I had 2 and idk how I managed the 2nd one if I'm honest. What you call fun leveling I call horrendous. Having to grind mobs because there are gaps in the quests isn't fun. And I don't remember the exact cost system they had either, but I remember not being able to physically respec my broke shaman before he was level 40 bc it was too expensive.
    Grinding mobs because you lack quests was your own mistake. There were plenty of quests, you just had to find them. If you don't know where, just google it.

99% of all people
    Yes 99%. I'm so glad you know the exact number. The entire playerbase has given you their input.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Deleted
    MPQs aren't outdated systems. They still have Diablo 2 with it. MPQs, which are basically file archives, don't cause such stress to data disks as new CASC does.

Also, sry, but you sound stupid. Maybe you will also say that Assembler is to outdated because it was invented many dozens years ago, and everyone should start programming on Python?

Thanks to gods, that there aren't much people thinking like you, otherwise we would already be stripped from all those good old games, because they are "outdated", "antiquated" and should be remastered to run in 99999k and have 9999999x9999999 native resolution. And screw everyone else who enjoyed actual graphics of those games and their gameplay.
    I can see the main currency you deal in are strawmans and other fallacies. If you cannot fathom that I am not even talking about gameplay or graphics (both of which I prefer to stay authentic to vanilla) then you will never understand the business reality that WoW: Classic has to exist in. If you cannot understand why allowing addons or macros that crash or exploits the server is a bad thing then I will call you delusional.

You are a small fringe minority and your wishes will not be honored because Blizzard is not running a charity.

Deleted
    Blatantly false. There was a gap in the low 30's iirc and another gap somewhere in the 50's. I feel like you severely underestimate how long it took to level back then.
    Not really, I lvlt my first lvl 60 a few months back on a classic server. Yes it was a long journey, no I didn't have to grind mobs in low 30's (thousand needles did the trick) or 50's (Felwood, the Un'Goro, Winterspring, plaguelands and maybe some dungeons inbetween).

Not all quests are connected so you can end up with a empty quest log but that doesn't mean there is a gap, just move to another zone thats suitable for your lvl and do the quests there. In vanilla you have to find things out yourself, things don't get handed over on a golden plate like in Legion.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2017-11-12 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    I can see the main currency you deal in are strawmans and other fallacies. If you cannot fathom that I am not even talking about gameplay or graphics (both of which I prefer to stay authentic to vanilla) then you will never understand the business reality that WoW: Classic has to exist in. If you cannot understand why allowing addons or macros that crash or exploits the server is a bad thing then I will call you delusional.
    And you like the resto f the people are exaggerating non-existing problems. Yeah, i didn't play during Classic release, I played it much later. And I don't remember any of the problems people are talking about - crash to desktop each 5 minutes, addons and macros which crash entire servers, etc.

WoW Classic isn't a business project. It is reconstructing an artpiece for the virtual museum of MMORPGs, so that generations after could always test and see what was one of the most popular MMORPG about. It is a work of love.

And as such it should be remained as it was without any single alteration (except blatant dupe, speedhack, etc. exploits, which are done server-side). And I am not sure how you can reproduce some of those exploits, as they were based on increasing your latency as high as possible to cause fake dupe effects and such.

So let me speak as one of those players from end of Classic, WoW was very stable and there were no such sh!t with constant crashes and rampant exploits happening. Do you really think that WoW would actually become so popular in such case?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Not all quests are connected so you can end up with a empty quest log but that doesn't mean there is a gap, just move to another zone thats suitable for your lvl and do the quests there. In vanilla you have to find things out yourself, things don't get handed over on a golden plate like in Legion.
    This is one of the things I miss. Quests were leading you all over the places. Some quest chains lasted for dozens of levels and culminated in old Onyxia.

99 % of these threads are posted by trolls.
    My statistic is at least somewhat close to reality, which is much better than the one of the OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    And you like the resto f the people are exaggerating non-existing problems. Yeah, i didn't play during Classic release, I played it much later. And I don't remember any of the problems people are talking about - crash to desktop each 5 minutes, addons and macros which crash entire servers, etc.

WoW Classic isn't a business project. It is reconstructing an artpiece for the virtual museum of MMORPGs, so that generations after could always test and see what was one of the most popular MMORPG about. It is a work of love.

And as such it should be remained as it was without any single alteration (except blatant dupe, speedhack, etc. exploits, which are done server-side). And I am not sure how you can reproduce some of those exploits, as they were based on increasing your latency as high as possible to cause fake dupe effects and such.

So let me speak as one of those players from end of Classic, WoW was very stable and there were no such sh!t with constant crashes and rampant exploits happening. Do you really think that WoW would actually become so popular in such case?

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of the things I miss. Quests were leading you all over the places. Some quest chains lasted for dozens of levels and culminated in old Onyxia.
    While in the beginning of wow there were alot of those issues, but no, when classic was at its end and tbc was released, those were minimum, no worse than now.

Cue times on the other hand...different subject. But TBC was shiny and new.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    and 99% of the people who played classic never wanted classic servers in the first place.
    Priceless, and so true. But you forgot 99% of the people who played classic no longer play the game. So it's 99% of the 1% remaining do not want classic servers in the first place.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Why would they change what people actually want? The people wanted vanilla wow as it was, so it's easier for blizzard to do just that, release it as it was.

That way nobody can cry that the shit they wanted didn't get implemented or that someone elses shit got implemented but not theirs.
    But what vanilla are you referring to? Do you want Vanilla as it was when it first released? Or are we talking about Vanilla as it was right before BC released?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    But what vanilla are you referring to? Do you want Vanilla as it was when it first released? Or are we talking about Vanilla as it was right before BC released?
    I'd like if it progressed through the patches. Obviously all bugs and exploits should be fixed no matter what.

Deleted
    It was a known issue lol. If you honestly played during Vanilla you would have heard/known about it. I am nowhere near the first person to make this claim.
    Yeah, there are also many people who claim the earth is flat. Does that mean they are right? There is really no gap, just google a lvling guide if you are having a hard time finding the right quests.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2017-11-12 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    The response should be, if you want QoL, then play QOL The Game, aka WoW live. The game is so concerned with pandering to your whining that the bags auto arrange your items, incase you get prissy that you have to do it manually.

At this stage, your mount will auto control it self, you just click where you want to go and voila.

Were did you get this data from? But I agree, they are asking for vanilla remastered and not vanilla at this point.

u remember the blog of gc called "Wow, dungeons are Hard!" in early cata?

That was when wow shifted from rpg to a streamlined action style gameplay.

Many of the veterans (including me) dont really support this style.

Back than, u had to find your way in a really big way. You had to discover, explore, read quest texts (somewhere in the east at a den where the blue dragons are) and look out and discover it, not just follow an arrow on your screen, and do other basic rpg stuff. There was a thing that was called immersion. It was dark at night, and bright at day. The realms were intact, they had a community where the players had reputation and were not some random strangers. This kind of feeling has long been lost, and this is what the classic realms are about. Basically its a try to get back the old rpg-WoW for the folks that liked it more than the modern action-style raid system. And i state this as a mythic raider, whos only fun in the current game is to do orange logs on wowprogress. Yes , this is the only stuff that drives me playing wow nowadays. Doing good logs within my casual mythic guild. How fucking sad this game has become.