Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Like I said in the original post it could actually be good for exposure of the game and allow more people to possibly experience original vanilla end game. Players might stick around to farm legendaries or pvp and it could help promote a raiding scene for the vanilla servers.
    And like others have said the point vanilla isn't just end game. In fact if you want to experience vanilla, it starts at level 1, not at level 60.

The fact that someone comes up with a line of thought like this non-sarcastically and actually thinks it's a good idea, it just baffles my mind...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Lmao... Group finder was in patch 1.12.

God you fucking vanilla try hards that have never clicked a summoning stone before.
    1) Meeting Stones were in patch 1.3.0

2) They were so horrendously bad at forming groups that literally no-one used them. Ever.
    It was faster to sit in Org spamming "3 DPS LF tank and heals for BRD g2g" for an hour and a half than it was t9 use the Meeting Stones
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    And like others have said the point vanilla isn't just end game. In fact if you want to experience vanilla, it starts at level 1, not at level 60.

The fact that someone comes up with a line of thought like this non-sarcastically and actually thinks it's a good idea, it just baffles my mind...
    Except you probably won't clear all the end game and your beliefs may prevent others from cleaaring it too. It's a classic case of "if I can't have it, no one can" syndrome.

You wouldn't allow someone who clears mythic on live realms and was boosted in vanilla to join your groups? Because vanilla had much more depth than today's game right?
    Well, you're looking for boosts and stuff for Vanilla. You learned your class/spec through that slow leveling process. There weren't a lot of addons to guide you through a raid either. I think Aydinx2 makes a good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level Boosts of any kind would be very detrimental to the servers economy and would likely result in inflated prices effecting everyone, its also essentially skipping 80% of the content leveling 1-60 was for most people the entire game and giving somebody a skip button would give "lazy" / "demotivated" players an advantage/head start which again ruins the experience for everyone else, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kichigaijin View Post
    Well, you're looking for boosts and stuff for Vanilla. You learned your class/spec through that slow leveling process. There weren't a lot of addons to guide you through a raid either. I think Aydinx2 makes a good point.
    OH yea you learned how to watch your threat and spam frost bolt or shadow bolt low rank spells over and over again through that leveling. And then wand sometimes to conserve mana. A lot to learn yea? From what I understand vanilla rotations were a joke if you're a halfway decent player on live realms you can easily grasp that caveman era of warcraft.
    Last edited by rootbeerboy; 2017-11-12 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Yes I wouldnt mind since i dont like leveling and i'll probably buy a boost or two.

Maybe YOUR vanilla wow experience was leveling.
    Please reread ... IS was in fact the correct term.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    The reason they added wow tokens into the game was to have a legit way of buying gold without compromising accounts and without giving money to the botters / scammers. If they don't add them to classic what kind of a message is that?
    If they do add them can it be the classic anyone wants?

There's a pretty big conundrum. You either have to support the two most despicable groups of wow population at the same time, or neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It was a big part of the first-character new experience but it wasn't the whole game by any stretch.
    For the vast majority of the player base - raiding (MC up) was a pipe dream. I'm not counting Strat/Scholo as raiding.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Group Finder was added in patch 3.0.3...
    He's talking about meeting stones:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.3.0
    Meeting Stones

Meeting Stones are located outside of each dungeon to help players find a group to adventure with in the dungeon. The meeting stone will try to find you a viable five-person group by looking for a tank, a healer, and so on. As time passes and you are unable to find a group, the meeting stone will become less picky about who it groups you with.
    What he's forgetting is that they only helped build the group (theoretically)and that the people had to physically connect with the stone to be put into the queue and either remain in the area or find their way back to the dungeon when the group was formed. They didn't actually become "summoning stones" until patch 2.01

Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For the vast majority of the player base - raiding (MC up) was a pipe dream. I'm not counting Strat/Scholo as raiding.
    Yea and maybe this time around raiding won't have to be a pipe dream to the population. Boosts can help create more raiders.. people who might not care enough for the leveling grind but they'll play end game. Considering you need 40 players boosts can potentially help the community thrive.

OH yea you learned how to watch your threat and spam frost bolt or shadow bolt low rank spells over and over again through that leveling. And then wand sometimes to conserve mana. A lot to learn yea? From what I understand vanilla rotations were a joke if you're a halfway decent player on live realms you can easily grasp that caveman era of warcraft.
    You know what...go ahead Blizz and feed this clown with boost tokens. Then he gets into a raid and his frikken weapon skills are at 1. Oh, but for another $24.95, we'll boost them up to max as well. Enjoy!

thats becouse some people are imbeciles.

Dont worry guys, you can have youre crappy wod 2.0.

Deleted
    Except you probably won't clear all the end game and your beliefs may prevent others from cleaaring it too. It's a classic case of "if I can't have it, no one can" syndrome.
    So? Most people didn't clear vanilla end game even back when it was current and they still experienced the vanilla experience. And since the classic server will probably be up longer than vanilla was, you'll have more time to experience everything.

It's a classic case of you having a thick skull and not getting anything everyone else here is trying to explain to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Level Boosts of any kind would be very detrimental to the servers economy and would likely result in inflated prices effecting everyone, its also essentially skipping 80% of the content leveling 1-60 was for most people the entire game and giving somebody a skip button would give "lazy" / "demotivated" players an advantage/head start which again ruins the experience for everyone else, bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    It's a classic case of you having a thick skull and not getting anything everyone else here is trying to explain to you.
    This whole discussion seems to be more and more a discussion of:

"Steak should be cooked medium, anyone ordering well done shouldn't be allowed to eat steak."

I don't get why anyone is against a shop that allows people to buy a boost or token. It's a waste of money in my opinion, but it might very well be worth it to someone else. I probably won't even touch Classic, but seeing people getting all upset whenever this gets mentioned as an option in Classic I just don't get why:

It doesn't affect YOU in any way if someone else decides to spend money on either (or both). Blizz already stated they want to keep the experience as 'vanilla' as possible. That also means no group- or raidfinders. YOU still get to play the game the way YOU want to play it, with the people YOU choose to. So why are YOU bothered if someone else decided to spend additional money on the game?

Disclaimer: YOU is to be interpreted in the most general, non-personal way possible and steaks should be cooked medium. If you really want well done you should order chicken in stead.)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    The reason they added wow tokens into the game was to have a legit way of buying gold without compromising accounts and without giving money to the botters / scammers. If they don't add them to classic what kind of a message is that?
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we can see that OP started playing after Vanilla.

I can even guess that more than half the people that asked for Vanilla didn't even played it once, just heard the stories or saw old videos. But yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by kichigaijin View Post
    You know what...go ahead Blizz and feed this clown with boost tokens. Then he gets into a raid and his frikken weapon skills are at 1. Oh, but for another $24.95, we'll boost them up to max as well. Enjoy!
    I'm pretty sure I'm not stupid enough to not do research and not prepare weapon skills before a vanilla raid. Who do you think I am? Also I have a good grasp on today's game and play multiple classes fairly well. Easily can grasp cave man era vanilla.

Yea and maybe this time around raiding won't have to be a pipe dream to the population.
    The population can raid - in the retail version.

You want vanilla - you need to play vanilla, and that includes the main experience of vanilla - which is levelling.

I'm pretty sure I'm not stupid enough to not do research and not prepare weapon skills before a vanilla raid. Who do you think I am? Also I have a good grasp on today's game and play multiple classes fairly well. Easily can grasp cave man era vanilla.
    Yet asks for boosts...