Poll: Should the Naga be retired as enemies after BFA?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Queen Azshara will obviously be the threat that rears itself to stop the hostilities between the Horde and the Alliance at the conclusion of the Battle of Azeroth expansion... the question will be whether or not she will be the end boss of the expansion or if they will set up the entire next expansion afterwards to challenge her. My thoughts tend to suspect the latter.

I love Azshara, because for me she's a compelling and unique baddie. However, because of that, I'm excited to face off against her. Can't drag out her story too much, or it will get way too stale.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Oh my god, they're gunna Xavius her? Really? :|
    Close. They're Gul'Danning her. Also hopefully they learned from the Xavius mistake in terms of difficulty curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Example then?

All the people I think of have been present in some way shape or form, or weren't even a boss prior to ushering in the next expansion. We literally didn't even fight Gul'dan until Nighthold.
    It would be a Gul'Dan/Kael'Thas swirl.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    As to the title question; no. I am not glad we are finally going to kill Azshara. Or at least; I am not excited about it. They just tacked it in at the end of the panel. "Oh hey guys btw we'll finally face Azshara (proceeds to show still image)." No build up or anything. I feel like they could have saved most of the Azsuna experience etc. just to help with that but meh. As for the poll question; also no. I think we can give naga a small break. Sort of how trolls disappeared for a bit before they returned for BfA. We should never get rid of them though. They're fun villains.
    Yeah hard to get excited with so little information since they didn't want to spoil the story leading up to it. But I do have some hope just from the fact they DIDN'T want to spoil it when they could have just said 'oh and here's the general idea for the Azshara raid.'

- - - Updated - - -

There are some characters we've fought more than once, but Kil'jaedan is the only one I can think of that was fought twice as a raid boss. Where as Kael'thas and Anub'arak etc had a dungeon and raid fight but not two raids.

My guess is that we'll defeate Azshara in the first or second tier (their wording was a bit vague all they said was we'd face her before the story's over) and possibly face N'zoth as the expansion end boss, leaving the void lords still out there to sew chaos in future expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I like Queen Azshara and I think it would be cool to play as a Naga some day but I'm kinda tired of fighting the Naga and I think they've done just about all they can with them as enemies. We've faced them in Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cata, Legion and now BFA. Hell, they were even in Warcraft III. I could be wrong but I don't think we've faced any other enemy as much as them. Not even Demons.

Anyone else think it's time to retire them after BFA as enemies? I almost wish we didn't even have Azsuna in Legion just because I'm already a bit exhausted from them as it is and now we're about to face more.
    Just because she is a boss doesn't in anyway mean we either kill or get rid of her for good at all

Once again: Gul'dan was never a boss, and was present through the entire expansion of WoD.

Azshara is a first tier boss, meaning she's going to either a) get her ass beat and not show up again for some time, or b) get killed.

Kael'thas was a raid boss turned dungeon boss, and in no way shape or form lead into Wrath of the Lich King.
    Like I said...it's combining both of them...KT was a raid boss and then was like "just a setback" and came back later on. The only difference here is that Azshara, like Gul'dan, would be present in two expansions.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if we kill the queen, we can recruit the ones that didn't agree with her vision but were too scared to act.
    1st neutral allied race?

Which is not a good idea.

Kael'thas was terrible as a dungeon boss. He literally became a huge community joke after he returned, and that was only what, two or three major patches later?

Now imagine him on the face of an expansion box.

It's not a good plan.
    And yet KT is not the only example of them bringing back a raid boss after we've already beaten them.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Close. They're Gul'Danning her. Also hopefully they learned from the Xavius mistake in terms of difficulty curve.
    I don’t think difficulty should be an issue as if they continue the same design philosophy from Legion, 1st released raid was supposed to be easier than the rest. In Legion that was EN. Here it should be Uldir and G’huun as an easier final boss.

YES and I hope she's then gone for good.

Reading these Azshara leaked xpac memes and fanfics since this forum began is pretty annoying, so I hope we'll see less of these.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todrazok View Post
    I'm kinda sad about it, Aszhara deserved to be the LK of her own expansion set. You can ofc argue there's a chance we will not kill her off and then said expansion set happens later, but it seems highly unlikely for that to happen.
    I would have loved an underwater expansion but there was a ton of negative feedback on vashjir (positive feedback too), but abyssal maw raid was also scrapped.

I still expect an Argus-style zone patch for the Naga raid/content, with a tiny chance for naga allied race unlock.

Just a single raid doesn't do the naga race justice, naga show up in almost every expansion.

Legion did add multiple underwater mounts however.

I'd love naga invasions on Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor's shores , similar to Legion invasions. Why EK/Kalimdor? so that they don't replace the WQ in Zandalar/Kul'tiras.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-12 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tttsssrrr View Post
    Queen Azshara will obviously be the threat that rears itself to stop the hostilities between the Horde and the Alliance at the conclusion of the Battle of Azeroth expansion... the question will be whether or not she will be the end boss of the expansion or if they will set up the entire next expansion afterwards to challenge her. My thoughts tend to suspect the latter.
    They said in the dev panel that she's gonna be the endboss of the Nighthold equivalent of BfA, so no.

As much as people love her character for many good reasons as a villain, is she really any more powerful than Gul’dan? Both have their own masters. So I don’t see an issue killing her in an earlier raid.

Also, that doesn’t mean she won’t get plenty of story. Of all the raids in Legion, NH probably got the most. 2 campaigns dealing with it. I want to see the amount of story the Naga get before judging. I think too many are assuming there will be no or very littlequest content for her in this xpac because it’s a HvA xpac. Let’s wait and see (by that I mean when stuff gets datamined basically) before criticizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this isn't the end of her personally, But it could set up future events. It would suck to wait this long than dies in a raid.

But if Azshara has a huge influence on the story or where the story goes than sure why not. But I personally feel Murozond (Nozdormu) should die before she does.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

here is the plan, we kill her and recruit the Naga into the Alliance.

10/10 best patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    As much as people love her character for many good reasons as a villain, is she really any more powerful than Gul’dan? Both have their own masters. So I don’t see an issue killing her in an earlier raid.

Also, that doesn’t mean she won’t get plenty of story. Of all the raids in Legion, NH probably got the most. 2 campaigns dealing with it. I want to see the amount of story the Naga get before judging. I think too many are assuming there will be no or very littlequest content for her in this xpac because it’s a HvA xpac. Let’s wait and see (by that I mean when stuff gets datamined basically) before criticizing.
    She was almost on par with Archimonde and Kil'jaden 10,000 years ago.

She now has the blessing of N'zoth and alot of time to practice her magic. What she has done ingame/lore. She cursed a city of elves into spector like undead. She created a shield that protected her city from the sundering by herself, atleast for awhile till they started to run out of air. She has been expermenting on naga creating different types. But she hasn't actually DONE anything that would cause us to shift our focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Would rather her be a final boss of an expansion, beholden to neither the old gods or the Legion, having used them to their full extent and then dropping them.

I'm so sick of alien threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    She was almost on par with Archimonde and Kil'jaden 10,000 years ago.

She now has the blessing of N'zoth and alot of time to practice her magic. What she has done ingame/lore. She cursed a city of elves into spector like undead. She created a shield that protected her city from the sundering by herself, atleast for awhile till they started to run out of air. She has been expermenting on naga creating different types. But she hasn't actually DONE anything that would cause us to shift our focus.
    I don’t mean in absolute power, I mean more or less her standing within the forces of the void. She’s not that high up. There’s N’zoth and then Blizzard probably will create a new level of villain above Old Gods and below Void Lords. (Corrupted Azeroth maybe)

Even Kil’jaedan didn’t make it as the final boss of an xpac.

As much as some people hype Azshara up, she's such a boring character to me. She's the typical "I made a deal for power" villain that's held at such a high standard while everyone forgets that she's actually just a normal person with some power granted to her by something with A LOT MORE power. And yes while she was always extremely powerful compared to us, we've going to have literally just fought and defeated a Titan so making her come across as a bigger threat than that would make no sense. I'd rather be the focus on the big bad that gave her that power than her which is exactly what's happening. So I'm quite glad she's going to die and be moved out of the way and isn't being held up as the big bad of this expansion, just a stepping stone along the way. She's been talked about for so long without really coming to the forefront so finally coming into our attention as a mid tier raid boss sounds about right to me.