Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I learned from Duke Nukem Forever all to well that even when a game has been in production for a long time, it doesn't mean that its going to become a better game.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since they committed to a scheduled release of expansions and patches it's been rushed. I miss the old touch of quality that's become harder and harder to spot over the years. They used to say it'll be out when they think it's ready instead of constraining themselves with release-dates.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

DIdnt the devs admit it was rushed?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I would happily argue that not only was it rushed, it was pretty much abandoned...

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    WoD was 100% rushed and the worst part WAS the delay. How can it be rushed if it took so long to come out? Because they got sloppy and didn't pinpoint the story elements down soon enough is the easiest answer. I'm sure expansions have changed here and there on the story, but I think WoD was the first (and possibly only) expansion that was altered drastically TWICE. It was altered so much that we KNOW about both versions of the story. Did we ever hear about their story alterations in TBC? Wrath? Cata? MoP? No. They all had their central ideas pinpointed very early on.

WoD started off with Garrosh being banished into exile where he would create this "Mongrel Horde" out of the misplaced races of Azeroth. Kobolds, Gnolls, Centaur... those sorts of races.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mongrel_Horde

They discussed the next iteration of the expansion idea as well. The first iteration of WoD was going to have Garrosh find himself banished to Outland. He would find a powerful ancient artifact that would allow him to forcefully bring the pieces of Outland together while simultaneously resurrecting the fallen horde leaders as well.

Then we got WoD WoD.
    Actually, it was altered THRICE ^^

The third time is when they completely abandoned the idea of Grom being the final boss and instead gave us HFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

WoD was rushed before launch, and abandoned mid way through. The amount of scrapped content on WoD was insane (Falanar, Ogre continent, the entire Grommash storyline, multiple garrison locations to pick from, etc)...

Legion was very solid though, and if that's the result of 'abandoning' WoD, i'm good with that. I just hope BFA continues the upswing on quality and not return to shitty-expansion-ville.

I would happily argue that not only was it rushed, it was pretty much garbage.

We wanted Karabor and Bladespire, we got Camp Zug Zug and Fort Copypasta because "muh wurld pee vee pee".

It doesn't matter how much time you put into it - if it wasn't enough, and it's released too soon, then it's rushed.

WoD was their best attempt at aligning WoW's current content with the storyline of the Warcraft movie, and both products suffered for it. WoD was uninspired and ultimately abandoned so that they could properly get back on track with Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    "The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018" and people go into full apology mode.

WoD followed MoP after the LONGEST gap between expansions EVER. 14 full months until WoD launched.

Them taking 14 months breaks does not garuantee a good expansion at all.
    Sorry but is was rushed and that happend after they had to somehow reintegrate the people which where working on Titan before the chancelled that.

After that they realised they couldn´t make WoD great so they just rushed it because they were fucking late see the 14 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I would happily argue that not only was it rushed, it was pretty much garbage.

We wanted Karabor and Bladespire, we got Camp Zug Zug and Fort Copypasta because "muh wurld pee vee pee".
    I could spend 2 hours listing things that went wrong in WoD, but I realized its pointless now. Best we can do is forget it existed. Blizzard kind of wishes it too, like with that "time travelling orcs" joke at BlizzCon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was incredible...when it started.

And everybody agreed with that. Forum posts galore, articles, everything...

But it didn't last and fizzled out. Garrison stuff got repetitive and started feeling like a chore for people, etc. People weren't getting the content they were looking for. But the world? The questing? Garrisons INITIALLY? Yeah, you're a fucking idiot if you think that was "rushed". No. That was literally the best WoW has ever been up until that point. Suddenly we got cutscenes, secret treasures, VOICE ACTING, special zone abilities. It just didn't have staying power. People wanted Garrisons to come with us into other expansions initially! Dungeons were also good and pretty unique.

But it lasted a long, long time and people were stuck with content they got sick of repeating over and over again.

People become DELUSIONAL once an expansion goes sour in their minds.

Now Legion? Legion took what WoD did with questing and improved even further upon it. Legion's world, it's story, it's questing, all the nooks and crannies and secrets - just the sheer amount of content packed into the world itself - makes this BY FAR the highest quality xpac Blizzard has ever released and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. I find it so laughable how biased people are when they say Wrath's questing was better or whatever. God, it's not even a contest and those were my glory days as well.

I haven't even played Legion all year and I'm still saying this. It totally caught me by surprise and blew me away. Incredible quality (can't speak for raids this time around though). I really hope it continues into BfA.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Confirmed WoD was beyond rushed.

Gorgorond content was cut
    Bladespire as a city was cut
    Karabor was cut too
    The Pale storyline was abandoned halfway through
    Only 3 raids
    No shattrath raid
    No garrison anywhere you want

WoD was rushed, then gutted afterwards
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    a more interesting question is:
    Can a company release an expansion as rich and content filled as legion has been (minus a handfull of months - minor timeframes) within the habitual xpack development time period? or did they need more time so they used the panda + wod time to develop legion?

can we assume then that battle for azeroth is going to be another chill and filler xpack for them to provide something superior?
    MoP was a massive x-pac, Blizzard DEFINITELY didn't pull resources from it to develop Legion. By the time SoO went out, you can consider MoP's development over. Whether or not they pulled resources from WoD to make Legion better... yeah, that's a whole different case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post

But it didn't last and fizzled out. Garrison stuff got repetitive and started feeling like a chore for people, etc. People weren't getting the content they were looking for. But the world? The questing? Garrisons INITIALLY? Yeah, you're a fucking idiot if you think that was "rushed". No. That was literally the best WoW has ever been up until that point. Suddenly we got cutscenes, secret treasures, VOICE ACTING, special zone abilities. It just didn't have staying power. People wanted Garrisons to come with us into other expansions initially! Dungeons were also good and pretty unique.

But it lasted a long, long time and people were stuck with content they got sick of repeating over and over again.

Now Legion? Legion took what WoD did with questing and improved even further upon it. Legion's world, it's story, it's questing, all the nooks and crannies and secrets - just the sheer amount of content packed into the world itself - makes this BY FAR the highest quality xpac Blizzard has ever released and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. I find it so laughable how biased people are when they say Wrath's questing was better or whatever. God, it's not even a contest and those were my glory days as well.

I haven't even played Legion all year and I'm still saying this. It totally caught me by surprise and blew me away. Incredible quality (can't speak for raids this time around though). I really hope it continues into BfA.
    You make a compelling point, and fundamentally, I agree with you. But just because there are parts of WoD that were phenomenal, doesn't mean that it wasn't rushed. So much didn't make it to the final game that it's actually a little depressing how it all turned out. I won't bother reiterating what most other people in this thread have pointed out, because that speaks for itself. What we can all appreciate from the experience going forward, however, is that Blizzard learned from their mistakes and hopefully will churn out the best bits for years to come.

slime

Wod was rushed as was the second half of LEgion. BaF is not looking any better. Despite having so many people working on WOW, they are failing. Argus was a shit show. Broken Shore was a shit show . This new raid from what I hear on PTR is really boring. This Dev team needs replaced. Ion sucks.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2017-11-12 at 10:29 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

WOD WAS rushed. Stop claiming it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post

People started hating WoD about 1-2 months in.

When they realized blizz had done jack shit for any kind of end game content.

It was rushed.

EDIT: Or at least mishandled to an extreme.

If you had been following the alpha/beta, you can very clearly tell it was being rushed.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg