Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Pre-set stats (primary & secondary) across the board for each spec, with adjustments to each by Blizzard's doing on what they feel needs to be higher or lower. Allows for a more leveled playing field in terms of numbers being dished out (damage done numbers, healing done numbers, damage mitigated numbers) and allowing for "skill" to compensate.
    I don't want a dev to arbitrarily decide (based on feels or what specs they want as OP or shit) that my stats should be set in stone in a MMORPG without some mechanism for me to change them the way I see fit to suit my playstyle or needs of a team.

If you want that, then you don't belong in a MMORPG. You belong in a MOBA or FPS.

PvP templates are probably a goner. I'm thankful; I despised them from the very first announcment and PvP in the expansion with them were a flop, exactly like I expected.

Also, from the Q&A:

Q: How do you view PVP templates?
    A: Team likes the PVP talents, however, it is hard to put that into the outdoor world. They recognize how unbalanced world PVP is. Team wants you to be able to customize your character more in PVP. They are looking at the scaling technology to use within PVP, basically using the same tech that lets low levels party with higher levels. They are reworking the reward structure in PVP.

For every other thing that was asked and they were happy with, but wanted minor changes, they flat out said so - Just look at how they answered a question about Warforge and Titanforge. Yet for Templates, they COMPLETLY dodged the question.

And furthermore, their answer points to their willingness to "rework the reward structure for PvP".

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    For every other thing that was asked and they were happy with, but wanted minor changes, they flat out said so - Just look at how they answered a question about Warforge and Titanforge. Yet for Templates, they COMPLETLY dodged the question.

And furthermore, their answer points to their willingness to "rework the reward structure for PvP".
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Not sure what their feeling is on the subject, but they didn't appear to double down on them at least.

The fact that they said pvp vendors will be back in the interview with hotted and asmongold made me hopeful, rng gearing has been one of the worst parts of legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Not sure what their feeling is on the subject, but they didn't appear to double down on them at least.

The fact that they said pvp vendors will be back in the interview with hotted and asmongold made me hopeful, rng gearing has been one of the worst parts of legion.
    I can't see an expansion that has at least an intention of having enjoyable World PvP, even if optional, doubling down in one of the PvP models that, like it or hate it, makes the separation between instanced and open PvP the biggest it's ever been.

It's to the point where you can't even duel in Legion.

Basically they want to remove non-instanced PvP, and when only instanced PvP is left, they can just use scaling technology instead of actual balancing of abilities and gear.

What they are doing is separating PvP from the rest of the game as much as possible. This is done so they don't have to spend time on it and they can focus on other things. Each step taken in the previous expansion and this one has been to minimize development resources for PvP. They are, basically, abandoning PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    PvP templates are probably a goner. I'm thankful; I despised them from the very first announcment and PvP in the expansion with them were a flop, exactly like I expected.

Also, from the Q&A:

Q: How do you view PVP templates?
    A: Team likes the PVP talents, however, it is hard to put that into the outdoor world. They recognize how unbalanced world PVP is. Team wants you to be able to customize your character more in PVP. They are looking at the scaling technology to use within PVP, basically using the same tech that lets low levels party with higher levels. They are reworking the reward structure in PVP.

Yup.

Templates are done for because you can't have true player choice as long as templates exist.

It was suggested to be able to pick up from several template builds or even move around free floating stats that you want for PVP. But it seems that may be too much work for Blizz so they are going to allow PVP customization again but balanced in a broad scope.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it shows that they are moving back to what works somewhat. We will have to see what this means for instanced PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Basically they want to remove non-instanced PvP, and when only instanced PvP is left, they can just use scaling technology instead of actual balancing of abilities and gear.

What they are doing is separating PvP from the rest of the game as much as possible. This is done so they don't have to spend time on it and they can focus on other things. Each step taken in the previous expansion and this one has been to minimize development resources for PvP. They are, basically, abandoning PvP.
    I think it's quite the opposite.

I think for Battle for Azeroth, they realized the separation of PvP and PvE is bad and doesn't really work, and want to move back to a more streamlined game.

Look at what they said about PvP talents. "it's hard to put that in the outdoor world". They want it to feel natural to have skills that are relevant in PvP that you use everywhere, not only after you grind a couple thousand honor, and that you can't even use regularly.

The game feels downright weird when you have an extra 3-4 skills that all sound very relevant to the game as a whole...but that you can't normally use.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2017-11-05 at 05:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I don't want a dev to arbitrarily decide (based on feels or what specs they want as OP or shit) that my stats should be set in stone in a MMORPG without some mechanism for me to change them the way I see fit to suit my playstyle or needs of a team.

If you want that, then you don't belong in a MMORPG. You belong in a MOBA or FPS.
    What game are you playing?

Who do you think is setting the %'s for PVP templates? You?

Why is it that when you enter an instanced BG or arena, all of your secondary stats are magically changed to a static number? Who do you THINK did that?

Or are did you purposely not read in order to flame based on your personal opinion. Do you feel as if your words are not heard enough?

EDIT: No wonder you were banned.

Hopefully the new PVP/PVE realm system will work and make wpvp better, also they pretty much inted that current pvp templates will get a look on, hopefully they'll either remove it or make it so you can "edit" your pvp stats (e.g. i want to focus more on haste than crit and so on). Also I wish they remove that stupid RNG gearing system, I liked a lot having set bonus for PvP and stuff. We're also getting a new bg in 7.3.5 and a new arena in 8.X so I'm good with it. Everything is based on this:

Q: How do you feel about PvP temples, and what about PvP players who miss getting to tailor their characters?
    A: We like the gap closing stuff that templates provide but it's hard to manage in open world PvP. Reducing the power gap and taking away all customization was a bit much, we're looking now at possibly using level scaling tech to apply to PvP stuff. We are going to re-look at the reward structure of PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Missed that, It really makes me happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    What game are you playing?

Who do you think is setting the %'s for PVP templates? You?

Why is it that when you enter an instanced BG or arena, all of your secondary stats are magically changed to a static number? Who do you THINK did that?

Or are did you purposely not read in order to flame based on your personal opinion. Do you feel as if your words are not heard enough?

EDIT: No wonder you were banned.
    What the fuck are you talking about? lmao. Did I not mention devs and pre-set stats which is what templates are? You really need help with comprehension.

Banned has nothing to do with this, however if I'm not getting a few infraction pts. every month or so then I'm doing something wrong.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, new pvp system, will be Bad AF
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Trust me, new pvp system, will be Bad AF
    Thats like making a prophecy about how the sun is sure to rise in the east tomorrow morning. Sure, we cant guarantee that your vision will come true, but the odds are pretty fuckin high that it will.