10+ Year Old Account

Would the Ethereals have beaten the Legion?

I know it's not exactly a hot button topic but I've never been one to follow trends.

Say we never showed up on Argus and cleared Seat of the Triumvirate, would the void forces on Argus have actually achieved anything? I can't imagine the Legion would've sat idly by once they noticed what was going on on Mac'Aree and once that happened, I can't see the void forces lasting long.

Did they actually think they could take Argus or did they have some other plan?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

The Ethereal's entire home planet was destroyed by an elite quest mob on Netherstorm, so probably no.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling they only appeared AFTER we started the attack, they aren't very entrenched after all. Honestly though, I have a feeling they care very little about the legion they just want to harness the void magics that have seeped into the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    These particular ethereals seem more interested in gathering the Void-fallen Naaru from Mac'Aree than in engaging the Legion.

Overall, I think the Void trumps the Legion in terms of power. Sargeras' campaign was never to defeat the Void in direct combat but the lock it out of the universe by destroying every life-form it would have used to corrupt the cosmos.

It seemed like the Legion had no clue what was going on, they never really do. If the Ethereal's plan was achieved, the Void Lord's would have Argus' World Soul and possible the Pantheon's too, ontop of all these demons and shit.

The Void, just like the Light, can see the future. Sargeras creating the Legion and going around forcing everyone to join up or die, seems to be what they've wanted this whole time. Now if the Void gets into the universe, there's no defenders left, especially if they take over the Legion in well fell swoop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Sargeras' campaign was never to defeat the Void in direct combat but the lock it out of the universe by destroying every life-form it would have used to corrupt the cosmos.
    and in doing so, created an army of corrupted demons that crave more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    and in doing so, created an army of corrupted demons that crave more power.
    Yeah, it's the 'burn it all down' mentality - it's all got to go, and it doesn't matter how. The demons destructive nature just makes them more effective tools to exterminate all life. Helps that Sargeras considers the Void worse than anything the demons do, so his atrocities can just pile up while he justifies it by saying it's all in the name of stopping an enemy who's even worse.

I'm pretty sure Sargeras' plan is/was, when everything else is dead and only the Legion is left, that he'll turn on and destroy them as well, until it's just him.

7+ Year Old Account
    IN before patch 11.0 when we find out Sargeras was really a "good guy" ala Illidan and we need to resurrect him to stop the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, it's the 'burn it all down' mentality - it's all got to go, and it doesn't matter how. The demons destructive nature just makes them more effective tools to exterminate all life. Helps that Sargeras considers the Void worse than anything the demons do, so his atrocities can just pile up while he justifies it by saying it's all in the name of stopping an enemy who's even worse.

I'm pretty sure Sargeras' plan is/was, when everything else is dead and only the Legion is left, that he'll turn on and destroy them as well, until it's just him.
    That whole mentality plays into the enemies hands, especially because it didn't work.

Now all that's left to protect the universe is a scattered Legion with no leadership and what's left on Azeroth. Almost none of the demons that remain, knew of Sargeras' plans, and that's because most of the Legion would have turned on him if they did. Now, without him or the top demons, they're gonna go out and do what demons do and the Old Gods and Void Lords are gonna take control of them with ease. And with Azeroth, we're already fighting each other again and we don't even have the capabilities to go out and stop the Void where-ever they decide to spring up, we just have to sit here and wait for them.

If the Void can hide on Argus undetected, than they can be on any of the other legion worlds, ready to take over.

And now we find out that Void forces could be hiding on demon worlds without them even knowing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    IN before patch 11.0 when we find out Sargeras was really a "good guy" ala Illidan and we need to resurrect him to stop the void.
    X'era will be there to show us flashbacks. And then later we'll find out the Void are actually good guys and were trying to stop something else.