Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can still has pet.

Yo momma is a frog.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

It’s possible they just don’t think there’s anything to be gained from an alpha that only lasts 1 month before Christmas break this time around

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    The only actual target date we have is "sometime in 2018," which is obvious. It's hard to make the claim that the release date of the book provides any sort of accurate window for release, given the inconsistent release dates of tie-in novels with their respective expansion.
    sometime in 2018 is pritty much all we will get from them untill there 100% ready to release. there not gonna say yea itll be out in july because if they missed it because of what ever bug or something then players and probably there managers would crucify them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It’s possible they just don’t think there’s anything to be gained from an alpha that only lasts 1 month before Christmas break this time around
    they kinda skipped alpha for legion. alpha used to be a very closed thing for only a select few freinds of the devs and the odd high named youtuber but i got into legion alpha and im a no one as far as blizz is concerned. and quality wise it was more a beta than what id call alpha

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why allied races wouldn't get their own mounts. They'll probably be variants of already existing mounts (tigers, raptors, elekks, etc), but I would imagine they'll provide a handful of mounts for each race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    they kinda skipped alpha for legion. alpha used to be a very closed thing for only a select few freinds of the devs and the odd high named youtuber but i got into legion alpha and im a no one as far as blizz is concerned. and quality wise it was more a beta than what id call alpha
    Legion had an alpha, it was just extended and had a very short (if at all) friends and family stage. As I mentioned earlier, Blizzard's testing stages are basically extended early access previews for media and excitement building, they can get through actual testing stages for their expansions at a faster faster pace than 4-6 months especially considering the progress of this expansion so far.

Blizzard's testing periods are typically pretty short if you think about it, it's just that content which needs to get tested gets added to the testing builds in spurts. They might not add all of the zones at once, but it's pretty clear that all of the zones are farther in development this time compared to previous expansions. Class changes aren't in yet but they can certainly get most (if not all) of them started by the time the testing launches. Raiding doesn't need to be rushed for testing because this new raiding system they've been doing in Legion works out perfectly and gives them a chance to launch an expansion while raiding content is still in progress. Basically, content that needs to be tested can be tested in a fast manner during this period.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-11-13 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't see why allied races wouldn't get their own mounts. They'll probably be variants of already existing mounts (tigers, raptors, elekks, etc), but I would imagine they'll provide a handful of mounts for each race.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion had an alpha, it was just extended and had a very short (if at all) friends and family stage. As I mentioned earlier, Blizzard's testing stages are basically extended early access previews for media and excitement building, they can get through actual testing stages for their expansions at a faster faster pace than 4-6 months especially considering the progress of this expansion so far.

Blizzard's testing periods are typically pretty short if you think about it, it's just that content which needs to get tested gets added to the testing builds in spurts. They might not add all of the zones at once, but it's pretty clear that all of the zones are farther in development this time compared to previous expansions. Class changes aren't in yet but they can certainly get most (if not all) of them started by the time the testing launches. Raiding doesn't need to be rushed for testing because this new raiding system they've been doing in Legion works out perfectly and gives them a chance to launch an expansion while raiding content is still in progress. Basically, content that needs to be tested can be tested in a fast manner during this period.
    I have a funny feeling alot of devs rolled of overwatch once it was done and only needs the odd new map and hero to keep ticking back onto wow hence how they can go from an expansion like wod to legions pace and having BfA so done so soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    I have a funny feeling alot of devs rolled of overwatch once it was done and only needs the odd new map and hero to keep ticking back onto wow hence how they can go from an expansion like wod to legions pace and having BfA so done so soon
    One thing that helps is that they have a couple of less things to build from the ground up. They're carrying over Mythic Pluses and World Quests, which were entirely new and probably took time to initially design in Legion, this time they get to just improve on it and polish it up a bit more. Stuff like that adds up and saves time in regards to overall development time of an expansion.

I know it won't happen but I wish I could trade in my 110 boost for like a 100 boost so I can use that and level the last 10 for heritage armor. Makes it feel bad using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There already is a catch-up mechanism for grinding these reps. BoA tokens (and to a lesser extent, Kirin Tor Emissaries) can get you to exalted relatively fast. Just pick the missions that give BoA tokens on your alts and you are done. And if the first 4 races are released with 7.3.5, are they BfA content or Legion content?
    They will require you to pre-purchase BfA sooo...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There already is a catch-up mechanism for grinding these reps. BoA tokens (and to a lesser extent, Kirin Tor Emissaries) can get you to exalted relatively fast. Just pick the missions that give BoA tokens on your alts and you are done. And if the first 4 races are released with 7.3.5, are they BfA content or Legion content?
    I only ever see BoP token missions these days. I think they might havebeen cycled out because my follower's high ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there is something this month about Battle for Azeroth...Like something or I will be bored to death.

Also what do you think Battle for Azeroth will bring in it's In-Game Goodies?
    Legion sold me on the Illidari Felstalker mount and the Fel Pup pet etc...Felstalker mount for Heroes too...
    Also the card back was good...For Heartstone.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if so much of the expansion is in a good playable state, i don't know why they'd have such a grim target date.

i just need those races. i'm hoping so hard they're available before release.
    Warfronts are literally bunch of assets and "This is a cool idea we had last week. We maybe get it to work."

They have much to do before release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It absolutely baffles me that people truly believe that Antorus will last for at least a year lmao.
    Spoiler: it will.
    fixed that for you as long as not everyone has access to your tardis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This thread is in desperate need of 7.3.5 PTR datamining news.
    this thread should be closed till after thanksgiving

There's some exciting information that was held back. My guess is a lot of new info, like two new allied races, will be strategically placed into the info release schedule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    mmoc should blacklist the haters in here and put them on a discord channel or something, who gives a shit if you are hating?
    fixed that for you. now go away pls.tia
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-11-13 at 08:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    mmoc should blacklist the spammers in here and put them on a discord channel or something, who gives a shit if you're 22 or 12
    This entire thread is all about spamm.

If you have a problem with that, you can leave at any time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    Happy B-day!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityB View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Here is a better model for Baine...Well the player race Tauren body size...
    https://img1.etsystatic.com/216/1/15...50951_mg15.jpg
    I love his battlehorn, it's so elaborated!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    B-Day Kitty
    Thanks Chick!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Sylvanas's dating app of choice is Cinder.
    How could you guys IGNORE this post when it's clearly one of the best that was posted here in ages?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    this thread should be closed till after thanksgiving
    You're right, we're definitely not getting anything before Thanksgiving!

Deleted
    Before the Storm is officially delayed to June 12 now, so that's the very earliest we can expect BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed that for you as long as I'm ignorant and annoying.
    fixed that for you

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the book is going to be ties to pre-expansion event(s) starting, and it might be moved more times as work progresses. If the book is actually 6/2018, then it gets us to late summer/early autumn release

alpha scheduled for early new year (probably 2nd/3rd week Jan), likely a release Sept/Oct.