Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what is even more funny are those who are whinging like 2 year old's over having to wait to get flying, or not having flying from the start would not last one month in vanilla..

As you had to go everywhere by foot, once you reached the required level and if you were rich enough you could have a mount and the only time you could fly was when you got to a flight point and you had to run all over the map to get those..

I like what they are doing as flying should be something that is earned.. And not something that is given to you on a silver platter as with that you don't appreciate it..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-11-13 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And what is even more funny are those who are whinging like 2 year old's over having to wait to get flying, or not having flying from the start would not last one month in vanilla..

As you had to go everywhere by foot, once you reached the required level and if you were rich enough you could have a mount and the only time you could fly was when you got to a flight point and you had to run all over the map to get those..
    And guess how many subs Classic will have after a month.

Also Questing on foot is fine. The problem is Pathfinder being gated for 8+ months for no reason at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Part of what made Suramar possibly the best questing experience in WoW was doing it all from the ground. Meredil felt like an outpost in the wilds. Hunting for the leyline cave entrances felt like an accomplishment. Getting in and out of the Faronaar tunnels felt like a dungeon crawl. Suramar City felt huge and expansive, and dangerous on the ground.

That's why this is excellent news
    Of course you could do that with flying enabled, just by choosing to not fly.

I will never understand the why people cheer on the time-gating applied to flying when not flying is always an option if so desired.

I'm fine with it..
    In Legion the problem wasn't the late flying. But Argus with no fly too short time after we finally unlocked the flight. It was just a bad bad timing.
    Imho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post

I will never understand the why people cheer on the time-gating applied to flying when not flying is always an option if so desired.
    "But others will fly and I will be 1 day behind on everything. I will enjoy the game but fuck enjoying it when I can just rush through everything and feel like this is a job instead of a game."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And guess how many subs Classic will have after a month.

Also Questing on foot is fine. The problem is Pathfinder being gated for 8+ months for no reason at all.
    Well Pathfinder is better than what Blizzard had originally intended and that was taking away flying altogether..

Will be very interesting on that part with classic servers, to see how many stay..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well Pathfinder is better than what Blizzard had originally intended and that was taking away flying altogether..
    Yeah, it is definitely better. And I do like pathfinder. It's just the time gating bullshit I hate.

As for removing flying forever. Yeah that was never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    "But others will fly and I will be 1 day behind on everything. I will enjoy the game but fuck enjoying it when I can just rush through everything and feel like this is a job instead of a game."
    I'm just saying having more options is the better way to go. What you choose to do with them and how they impact your time in the game, positively or negatively, is your own problem.

Deleted
    I'm just saying having more options is the better way to go. What you choose to do with them and how they impact your time in the game, positively or negatively, is your own problem.
    Oh I know. But this is the reason fly haters give. If they will feel miserable by god everyone else should be as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't need flying whatsoever if they continue with a hub + flight whistle system.

You only needed it in the first place because they didn't have a system set up like that. They had these clunky flight paths, super duper spread out from each other with routes that made no sense.

Flying is for some reason such a huge fuckin issue in the community, like dudes in WoD I lost half my abilities as an arms warrior (which I assume was the case for many classes at the time) and all I remember people talking about is how outraged they were they couldn't utilise the fucking y axis in the damn game and get to your raid 30 seconds quicker like thats some bullshit right there really.

These people are very much not right in the head, just give them a new game: just make it open sea, no ground what so ever, no classes, no raids, nothing.. you just fly and they will all get the serious case of the cummies, theyll think its the holy grail of gaming, the rolls royce of the industry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Flying is for some reason such a huge fuckin issue in the community, like dudes in WoD I lost half my abilities as an arms warrior (which I assume was the case for many classes at the time) and all I remember people talking about is how outraged they were they couldn't utilise the fucking y axis in the damn game and get to your raid 30 seconds quicker like thats some bullshit right there really
    Z axis, but whatever.

And of course flying is a big issue. Questing once or twice on foot is fine. After I saw all the content I would like to have my flying.

Have you seen the stair in northern part of McCree? Have you ever got stuck on a pixel high rock? Have you ever tried jumping around like in GW2? Yeah, we need flying. Or we need a new engine.

100% this ^^. just because *SOME* people (minority or majority, doesn't realy matters) don't like the idea of flying doesn't mean they should support disabling it to the rest of the community. it's a personel choice and those people can just CHOOSE not to fly.

some people like Twinking. should we gate leveling for all other players as well?

also, I'm fine with the whole "explore the world". but that could and should be done while leveling and following the questlines. as soon as you hit max level - flying should be enabled. no rep/time gating BS.

on a side note, just my personal opinion, I'm having a hard time to get those who praise QoL downgrades (including those who asks for vanilla). the moment blizz announced vaniila servers most of those said:"that's great *BUT* enable dual - spec/addOn support/allow additional content patched/etc." some veterans who played during vanilla pretty much predict that after the initial buzz ppl will abandon it due to it being obselete.

bottom line: allow flying at alunch upon reaching max level. if you object to it - just don't fly.

p.s.
    no flying, at least to me, is not a good enough reason to unsub. Bad storyline, endless grinding RNG and bad game design is. been playing since 2007 and atm it seems legion will be my last ride.

Didn't we have to deal with this exact thread for 7.0 somehow up to six months after Legion actually launched?

Deleted
    From what Blizz is saying in an interview:

- Flying will unlock in a similar way to Legion and Warlords. Team wants players to get familiarity with the world before being able to fly. They learned from Legion though and will tweak it as needed.

What ever that means. Longer unlock delay, shorter unlock delay. We will see. Right now it is all speculation. In other words, nothing is "confirmed" yet, not even that "no flying with 8.0". We simply don't know if "tweaking" means "pathfinder stays but you can unlock it in the release version. Which will be unlikely, but a nice surprise if.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Didn't we have to deal with this exact thread for 7.0 somehow up to six months after Legion actually launched?
    If that's how long it takes to give us flying in content we already finished 2-3 times than that's how long these threads will exist.

Pathfinder is great. Patchfinder is shit.

Here's an idea.

What if Pathfinder kept on, and you could earn it without waiting patches, but you could do what they are doing with PvP and opt in or out of a flyable world at major cities, where opting out results in an increase of reward gains (drops, reputation, etc) to offset the relative slowness that comes inherent to choosing not to fly?

A lot of people say "just don't use it" in response to anti-flight crowds, but that assumes there are no downsides to choosing not to fly in a world where most players will go for the convenience and efficiency. It's less of a problem now with multitap gathering nodes, but it's still possible to be fighting toward a point of interest only for a flying player to swoop in without any effort at Get The Thing.

So what would be the response if you got extra rewards for opting out of flying, and in doing so were phased to a world where you don't encounter other flying players?

Deleted
    Nice that the OP left out the part where ION stated they design with flying in mind for later,
    so buhu we get another pathfinder which is how it should be but this time pf should be avail from start.

ps: how many anti-flying-threads do we need?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Nice that the OP left out the part where ION stated they design with flying in mind for later,
    so buhu we get another pathfinder which is how it should be but this time pf should be avail from start.

ps: how many anti-flying-threads do we need?
    I think too that pathfinder is not in its final stage. And we simply don't know how it will work in the next expansion.

To Answer your question: one for every x-pac from now on i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    A lot of people say "just don't use it" in response to anti-flight crowds, but that assumes there are no downsides to choosing not to fly in a world where most players will go for the convenience and efficiency. It's less of a problem now with multitap gathering nodes, but it's still possible to be fighting toward a point of interest only for a flying player to swoop in without any effort at Get The Thing.

So what would be the response if you got extra rewards for opting out of flying, and in doing so were phased to a world where you don't encounter other flying players?
    This all boils down to each and every player themselves. If they hate themselves so much that they would go for an option in they hate in a game they play for fun it's really all on them. I don't like wPvP. I'm not here advocating turning PvP off for everyone on every server ever again. I play on a PvE server. And come BfA I will keep that shit turned off first chance I get.

You can give more drop chance to people who opt out of flying. But these are the same people who will whip themselves every time they summon a flying mount because they hate themselves but they still want to get those nodes.
    Higher dropchances won't get them to their nodes faster so they will still bitch and moan that others can fly.

As for phasing them, that would just quarter every server with PvP and flying being able to be toggled.