10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Its just gonna be another Steelers v Pats AFCCG maybe the Jags or Chiefs make some noise but its looks pretty meh. NFC playoffs so far looks like its gonna be an absolute bloodbath. The Falcons might not even be there! :/
    Agreed. Eagles, Rams, Saints, Vikings, Seahawks, Panthers all look like they could go into the playoffs and make a deep run if they get hot.

There are a total of 6 teams in the AFC with a winning record and 2 of them have a negative point differential (Bills/Titans). The NFC has 10 teams with a winning record. The AFC is just bad this year.

If the playoffs started today, the Bills would be the 6 seed with the Ravens, Dolphins and Raiders only 1 win behind them. That is scary.

The Jags probably have the best chance in the playoffs just because of their defense. The Steelers are always hard to judge because they lose or almost lose to bad teams every year.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-11-13 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    There are a total of 6 teams in the AFC with a winning record and 2 of them have a negative point differential (Bills/Titans). The NFC has 10 teams with a winning record. The AFC is just bad this year.

The Jags probably have the best chance in the playoffs just because of their defense. The Steelers are always hard to judge because they lose or almost lose to bad teams every year.
    Also the waxing and waning of QB's I think.

NFC: Wentz, Goff, Newton, Russel Wilson, Dak Prescott and I'll add Jameis Winston cause he has shown flashes. 6 QB's under 30 that are legit MVP probabilities.

AFC: Carr, Mariota, Deshaun Watson, Andrew Luck? That's 4 at best. 2 of those are on IR and you never quite know how that will work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luck's career is probably over tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Luck's career is probably over tbh
    I could definitely see him get released by Indy for whatever reason and then end up elsewhere and blossom again. Indy is pretty shitty from an ownership standpoint.

Will have to wait and see with Luck. Pennington managed to come back twice from surgery on his throwing shoulder, and he had no arm strength to begin with. They are pretty different QBs though, Pennington relied on accuracy and smart decisions while Luck relies on his arm talent so probably not a good comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I could definitely see him get released by Indy for whatever reason and then end up elsewhere and blossom again. Indy is pretty shitty from an ownership standpoint.
    Him going to Europe for experimental procedures (aka, illegal in the US) means hes just skirting around the truth, he needs surgery again and that will likely set him back in the 2018 season.

Will have to wait and see with Luck. Pennington managed to come back twice from surgery on his throwing shoulder, and he had no arm strength to begin with. They are pretty different QBs though, Pennington relied on accuracy and smart decisions while Luck relies on his arm talent so probably not a good comparison.
    And relying on arm talent is what makes the injury more concerning. There is a very small list of MLB pitchers that have come back from labrum tears with upper level success. Ultimately I think him playing through the injury when it happened likely fucked his career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marquise Goodwin lost his four-year-old son at 4 a.m. Sunday morning. Puts this touchdown and celebration into perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AFC west pretty much crumbled under pressure this season. Would have thought after a five game losing streak the Raiders would be long out of it, yet they're coming fresh off a bye week to face... the Patriots in Mexico. Ohhhhh boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The AFC west pretty much crumbled under pressure this season. Would have thought after a five game losing streak the Raiders would be long out of it, yet they're coming fresh off a bye week to face... the Patriots in Mexico. Ohhhhh boy.
    At least the crowd will be on their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marquise Goodwin...

Prayers to the Olympic speedster, and so glad he had that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...c16?li=BBnba9I

Well, if they REALLY wanted to blow up the NFL, forcing Jerry to sell the Cowboys is probably the quickest way to do that...

"Im being prevented from an extension because of my abuses! Quick, lets get enough owners on my side so I can detrmine Jerry is acting bad!"

(not that I agree with the suing. overreaction, although Goodell probably should go)
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-11-13 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ""Von Miller only was dropping back into coverage on 4.5 percent of passing snaps heading into Week 10. He dropped into coverage 40% of passing snaps last night. What the hell?"

Patriots beatwriter.

"Broncos have dropped Von Miller into coverage 23 times this year. On those plays, QBs are 17-of-23 for 215 yards with two touchdowns, zero picks, and a passer rating of 131.6. (The Broncos have no sacks on those dropbacks, as you might expect.)"

Bill Barnwell.

That is just straight up madness. There's a point where self-scouting and trying to limit where the Patriots can hurt you turns into paranoia and overthinking. Sometimes you just have to play to your own strengths, even if that means leaving yourself open elsewhere. Broncos coaching staff straight up played themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Broncos coaching staff straight up played themselves.
    Not to mention leaving the ILBs and Parks/Stewart 1 on 1 against guys when they are either hurt or not good in man coverage. Kind of what I meant when I said it felt like the Del Rio defenses all over again. They aren't putting players in positions to do what they do best and are trying to make guys fit in their scheme. Miami had a better defense before, and much better defense this year without Joseph, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is all on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention leaving the ILBs and Parks/Stewart 1 on 1 against guys when they are either hurt or not good in man coverage. Kind of what I meant when I said it felt like the Del Rio defenses all over again. They aren't putting players in positions to do what they do best and are trying to make guys fit in their scheme. Miami had a better defense before, and much better defense this year without Joseph, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is all on him.
    Joseph was an odd hire. But then so were the Bills and Rams hires and those worked out pretty well. Time will tell I guess. I doubt Elway will give him a long leash if he sucks. Elway will know.

Speaking of sucking. Giants have decided to stick with their coaching staff till the end of the year. I guess they want to make absolutely sure they lose everyone in the lockerroom and get that sweet sweet high draft pick to replace Eli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks bringing back Maxwell pretty much confirms that Shead ain't coming back this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Devonta Freeman out for next week against seahawks. A game where you need the run game to work.

Osweiler is starting again this week. Not exactly sure why because it would make sense to see how Lynch does. There is like 1 winnable game left anyway, might as well see if they need to draft a QB early.

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of watching football I fished yesterday. I cooked some black speckled trout today, was good. Any thing I missed yesterday that I should know?

So is the Saints defense actually real or?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

As of right now, the Browns would have the #1 and #7 picks in the draft. I feel sorry for whoever they end up drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So is the Saints defense actually real or?
    Seems like it. Evidently so is their running game.