Thread: NA / EU Servers

NA / EU Servers

So i thought about how the Servers will look like for the Classic Project.

Should they go for the different languages on each side like current Servers?
    Or should they just go for a Mega Server concept EU / NA?
    Are there other possibilities?

Imo i think Mega Servers would be a cool idea. Dunno if they have what it takes to go with that tho. I think it depends on what the numbers will look like in terms of people going for classic.

What do you think?

Well I'm guessing they need atleast 3 servers per region. One PvE, one PvP and one RP.

PVE: Simply put what sodapoppin said - Streamers will not be able to level at all on a PvP server, they will be corpsecamped till days end. And streamers will be really important for the launch of classic servers.
    PvP: Everyone loved world pvp so they will need to have atleast one server with this
    RP: Not sure about this one, but seems reasonable alot of RP's will want to play classic too.

Honestly I wish there could be a mega server. Problem is thinks like devilsaur leather availability, herbalism nodes and all that. If you have to many players it'll be impossible to farm mats for proper raiding guilds
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    PVE: Simply put what sodapoppin said - Streamers will not be able to level at all on a PvP server, they will be corpsecamped till days end.
    Corpse camped from who? Everybody starts fresh so there won't be any max level people who could even corpse camp. Maybe corpse camp with 100 level 1 chars? lol

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Corpse camped from who? Everybody starts fresh so there won't be any max level people who could even corpse camp. Maybe corpse camp with 100 level 1 chars? lol
    Anytime from 20-60 its easy to form groups just to camp streamers. And it will be done. It happened to him at 60 when he streamed private server

To best replicate the true vanilla experience, NA players should play on EU servers and EU players should play on NA servers. Or everyone plays on a mega server that is hosted on Madagascar.

But to be serious, even though I think mega servers would be interesting, I suspect there will be regional servers just so Blizzard can assure it to be "Blizzard quality" which also means you get decent latency and no knee-surfing through the Barrens.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Hah. there i went and opened a thread about servers and didn't even think of pve/pvp/rp.
    Yea those have to be separated.

As for nodes and stuff like that. To be honest i only had availability in mind when i made this thread. The thing i fear most is that there aren't enough players for raiding etc. Since i see so many guilds on my server struggling to even get 20 man raids together.

But professions are another matter that for sure has to be looked at. What about mega servers with different shards? so there would be the possibility to play together for Raids dungeons etc. and each shard could have it's own nodes and so on.

Too technically advanced in comparison to just having multiple servers.

My guess (and most likely to happen)
    Is to open ~6-12 servers. Once the hype is down merge servers down to 4-6 dedicated ones that will be filled.

I think people worry too much about this.
    Guilds have much more meaning in vanilla since there is only one difficulty and no LFR. I dont think availability to raid will be an issue. There should be 3-4 top tier guilds per server, ~8 decent ones and then loads of casual ones.

There will be seperate servers for latency reasons alone.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There will be seperate servers for latency reasons alone.
    I dont think he means to have a cross-region mega server. More like only having one big server per region.

I dont think he means to have a cross-region mega server. More like only having one big server per region.
    This. Something along the lines how ESO does it. Two big servers per Region.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    To best replicate the true vanilla experience, NA players should play on EU servers and EU players should play on NA servers. Or everyone plays on a mega server that is hosted on Madagascar.

But to be serious, even though I think mega servers would be interesting, I suspect there will be regional servers just so Blizzard can assure it to be "Blizzard quality" which also means you get decent latency and no knee-surfing through the Barrens.
    Came here to post a similar gag. Hopefully terrible lag and regular server instability is one of the few things that doesn't get copied over from Vanilla. It'd be nice if they could give us answers on what their thinking is around these sorts of questions but I guess they don't have them all figured out yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to conquere another Warsong eu

10+ Year Old Account
    Anytime from 20-60 its easy to form groups just to camp streamers. And it will be done. It happened to him at 60 when he streamed private server
    Oh okay didn't know that. Just do it like Quin and kill them all LUL