Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Exactly! They're bringing back their shining jewel because they know how much of a success it was. I love them
    Wotlk was the most successful.

The OP thinks it’s ok to not “cave to the minority” for flying but it’s ok for them to cave on classic? I guarantee you more players want flying than classic. They just don’t bother to post. Those actually on any sort of forum are the minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    and not cave in to a small minority of outspoken and melodramatic players who wouldnt know whats good for the game if it hit them in the face
    The irony is staggering. The people obsessed with removing flying are the vocal minority -- which really didn't exist before flying was removed in WoD, I'll add -- and Blizzard is in fact caving to them by not adding flying at the beginning of an expansion and instead adding it later.

But I am okay with that. The first content patch or two not having flying is something I can accept as a compromise, even if it's a much smaller portion of the community obsessed with ground mounts.

Personally, I like experiencing the ground as I level up, and then enjoying the quality of life -- and differently exciting experience -- of flying once I am maximum level. This is the World of Warcraft I've been used to since TBC, but hey... that's just me.

Not buying BFA at least till 8.2 confirmed. If they will lie about "better timing", i.e. earlier release of flying, I won't buy it at all. Go to hell, Blizzard.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Great and welcome news. Ian confirmed during a Blizzcon interview that flying will not be available in Battle for Azeroth at launch. Furthermore, Blizzard will continue with this approach for the foreseeable future in subsequent expansions.

https://youtu.be/DkdTS_8Y61Q?t=37m

Paraphrase of Ion's quote from the link above:

Its great to see Blizzard continue to acknowledge / listen to the community - and not cave in to a small minority of outspoken and melodramatic players who wouldnt know whats good for the game if it hit them in the face - in agreeing that World of Warcraft is a game best played and experienced on the ground. Its as simple as that.

Thankyou, Blizzard.
    blizz happened to have the same opinion as mine, great blizz listens to community

blizz happened to not have the same opinion as mine, omfg blizz cave in to the outspoken minority

hahahahaha

people on mmoc \= community

Flying has been part of the lore of WOW since the RTS. Remember the airstrips above IronForge? The reason blizzard doesn't have flying is because they don't want to spend time and effort producing content related to flying. There are many ways to keep folks grounded in certain areas if that is their desire, such as magical barriers, flying enemies, enemy weapons etc. They just haven't put forth the effort to produce such content since Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Don't need flying unless they make zones that are godawful to navigate like Highmountain and Broken Shore.
    If you want a flat world, you can play to My Little Pony :

The shenanigans with flying let me stay away from Legion and looking back I’m happier for it, getting more time to play other games.

Deleted
    Too bad Blizzard caved in to the minority of players and removed flying from the game. It makes the game worse for the remaining majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Not buying BFA at least till 8.2 confirmed. If they will lie about "better timing", i.e. earlier release of flying, I won't buy it at all. Go to hell, Blizzard.
    I am willing to see how it plays out in BfA. But i guess as closer as the release of BfA is getting the more infos we will have about how pathfinder works in BfA. They have said they saw how it works and will be tweaking it. I am not ready to exclude BfA from my games list 2018/2019.

Funny thing is that the OP could have titled his post 'You WILL be able to fly in 8.x - CONFIRMED' and it would have been equally valid, but that wouldn't make certain members of the MMO-C community priapic.

Anyway, just relax everyone. Those that want to fly will be able to do so. Those that want to run around on the ground will be able to do so also.

Their bs when it comes to flying is super annoying and just shows that they have no clear design purpose. I want to unlock flying as soon as I finished my main character. Don't care if it costs 500.000g or takes achievements but I clearly don't want it to be delayed for half a year like in Legion.

Pretty sure the "No Flying" crowd is outnumbered 1:10 by the "Flying" crowd. The minority is coming to the forums and complaining about flying which has been an integral part of the game for nearly 11 years now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Now that we have the whole vanilla debacle to fight over, nobody cares about flying anymore. Legion proved that can be done right, it's over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Without proper statistics we'll never know. A lot of people don't post at all, about any topic. And of course wrath was the most successful, but Vanilla is what kicked off such a legendary game. It's classic that people have always asked for, y'know?
    And i am curious about to see how many people really start on that classic servers, and how many will stay after a few month. I for one have started with the release of Classic (EU) and it was a blast of a time. But i most likely won't play on a classic realm other than take a short look. The feeling from back in the days won't return, and there are just too many things i did find great but wouldn't do again today even if you pay me. In short: curious to see how "many" really want classic.

To answer that question about which group is bigger, flyer or non-flyer, we can only guess. But giving food for thought here: Blizzard announced before WoD they would release flying on Draenor, soon after release, than at a later patch, than later, than never. Something happened that they changed stance on "never". So they announced for Legion that they will handle flight like they did in WoD. My thought on this: if there would be more people that "hate" flying, wouldn't Blizz stick to "never again" if enough people stopped playing WoW because flight stays?

I am not saying that all, or the majority of people did show their stance on "flight never again". I just state that there probably have been enough to make a change, but not enough to get flight out of the game for good. And it is not logical at all to let it stay in the game for a small "minority" if there would be a much bigger "majority" audience that would be happier without flight.

No flying right away is not a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Excellent news.

To me - I think flying should be reserved for old content and be automatically given to a character on getting to the next range of content (e.g. WoD flying is given to you when you hit 110 etc).
    Not with their current zone design.

While some content, like Suramar, was absolutely brilliant and experiencing it without flying enhanced it greatly, most of their zones are incredibly tedious. Highmountain and Stormheim were annoying enough, but with Argus they really outdid themselves: 2/3 zones are the size of large footbal fields and instead twisted into a fucked up convoluted mess, so that to go from point A to point B (point B being 200 yards away from you and visible on the miniman already) you need to go all around the zone, down a cliff, up a path not marked on map, through two structures and then down a ramp. This is seriously fucked up, their newfound boner (since WoD) for making zones as crammed as possible while making them increasingly labirynthine (no doubt to artificially slow down gameplay and make their small size less visible) is getting on my nerves. While I wouldn't want to go back to old zones that were basically flat plains with impassable mountains to limit them, the current design is swinging the pendulum all the way in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Not with their current zone design.

While some content, like Suramar, was absolutely brilliant and experiencing it without flying enhanced it greatly, most of their zones are incredibly tedious.
    None of the zones were tedius...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    None of the zones were tedius...
    You know that tedium is mostly subjective? Stormheim was tolerable, but HM was tedious as fuck *for me* and now Krokuun and Antoran Wastes are incredibly annoying. All 3 of them put together would be smaller than Tanaan Jungle, esp if you removed all the rock walls, outcroppings and chasms that take up most of the total area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You know that tedium is mostly subjective?
    Indeed ... thus my comment. All the zones were exciting and new, with lots of places to explore. The treasures were more rewarding than the crap ones from WoD. There were rares around, and the content was very concentrated indeed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    gtfo if you dont like it. The title matches what he is talking about, please post constructively next time.

OT: Great move by Blizzard. I'd rather not see flying implemented until at least a year or more into the expansion. This will ensure that I continue subbing to the game in the foreseeable future.
    Coming from the person who starts blatent racism posts and you tell me this? Ok buddy. The title is clickbait. Says no flying then the quote says its going to be like WoD and legion where you "unlock" flying. Wod and legion both didnt have flying at launch so this comes at no surprise
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    I am willing to see how it plays out in BfA. But i guess as closer as the release of BfA is getting the more infos we will have about how pathfinder works in BfA. They have said they saw how it works and will be tweaking it. I am not ready to exclude BfA from my games list 2018/2019.
    Yea. They misinformed us about flying two times in a row. Who would believe them after that?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.