Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Return of OQueue?

Hey everyone,

Was thinking about this tonight - do you believe that we will see oQueue (or something similar) built for classic WoW? Since these Addons rely heavily on the Battle.net API, which i expect to be there due to them integrating the client with it. I, myself, don’t really want to see it; however, if it is possible to make it, expect it to be made.

Thoughts?

I think and hope that Blizzard will just make it not usable.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Elaborate please?

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    blizzard has no choice but to put in game lfg tool into game

their only alternative is either people making vanilla version of oque or people using 3rd party websites like they did in mop

either way nobody will waste time spaming trade .

some of you people behave like person who is still using nokia 3310 in 2017 - just stop living in past like cavemen

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

their only alternative is either people making vanilla version of oque or people using 3rd party websites like they did in mop

some of you people behave like person who is still using nokia 3310 in 2017 - just stop living in past like cavemen
    There is LFG tool.

Try typing /2 next time you are in a city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is LFG tool.

Try typing /2 next time you are in a city.
    Nothing wrong with the in-game interface of forming a group (Not auto-queue). It's just like typing in trade, but you only have to list it once, and you still have the server community because its not cross server and you know everybody's names.

You clearly didn't read the interviews that were posted on the main page the other day

PC Gamer Covers WoW Classic Announcement
    PC Gamer also sat down with J. Allen Brack to discuss Classic servers.

• Classic became possible because the team discovered a way for it to run on modern infrastructure.
    • Classic servers will not have the features added to current WoW such as Dungeon Finder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That will probably never happen. If Blizzard doesn't launch with a premade group finder of their own an addon will be created with the same functionality and most of the playerbase will use that. No matter what the people using /2 will be in the minority.
    Blizzard will simply disallow the addon. Next.

Eventhough it gets mentioned alot, trade chat is not the main way that people find groups. There are actually these things called guilds that people join with people who already are or who soon become their friends and that guild even has it's own chat where you can organize a group. Also people actually get to know people on their server and add them as friends. Then they just whisper their friend and ask them if they wanna come tank UBRS for the 10th time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That will probably never happen. If Blizzard doesn't launch with a premade group finder of their own an addon will be created with the same functionality and most of the playerbase will use that. No matter what the people using /2 will be in the minority.
    But having an UI for grouping would go against true Vanilla experience! Can't have any of that, atleast not officially from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You clearly didn't read the interviews that were posted on the main page the other day
    you clearly have problems with reading comprehention since you mistake lfg tool (manual) with dungeon finder (automated)

- - - Updated - - -

But having an UI for grouping would go against true Vanilla experience! Can't have any of that, atleast not officially from Blizzard.
    so people will use openraid and blizzard cannot do shit about it - either way people will find a work around it so its just waste of time and players energy not to have it there on launch.

or if not openraid then people will created discord channels for each server

either way you cannot stop that from happening so why even try ?
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-11-13 at 11:40 AM.

The roots of everything that made WoW Vanilla a dear memory for everyone who actually played it was that you needed to be social and friendly to be actually able to do things. That your skill and stuff had an impact on the groups you will join as well as your attitude. As you couldn't just hope in quickly in a group and be done with the dungeon or the raid, you had to have actual relationships to be able to do things.

And thus, as you lvled, you will meet people with whom you will eventually create a guild and thus make friends. That's the point of it. If you implement things that allows you to bypass these group seekings phases, then it is over, the game will lose all interests.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, Trade and guilds should be all there is. If you can just casually join a group off this shit, it kinda defeats one of Vanilla's selling points of gradually building a server community.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

you clearly have problems with reading comprehention since you mistake lfg tool (manual) with dungeon finder (automated)
    Classic servers will not have the features added to current WoW such as Dungeon Finder.
    Herpa derp
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

so people will use openraid and blizzard cannot do shit about it - either way people will find a work around it so its just waste of time and players energy not to have it there on launch.

or if not openraid then people will created discord channels for each server

either way you cannot stop that from happening so why even try ?
    What use any of those out of game cross server tools would even have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Herpa derp
    Afair late vanilla already introduced the (completely fail) dungeon stone based lfg listing though. That was a manual lfg tool that made spamming unnecessary, though it was so clunky no one ever used it. If they divorced that from the dungeon stones it might provide a sensible alternative. After all, I assume you'd at least want global lfg chat channels right? Afair they were introduced really late.

What use any of those out of game cross server tools would even have?
    They'd provide a persistent listing for the endeavour you want to undertake.

On nost it never felt like we needed oqueue and nobody ever asked for it so no i believe even if people managed to make a vanilla oqueue nobody will be using it
    There are not going to be cross-servers so there is no need for it even in TBC/WOTLK people were not using the LFG tool but tradechat/zone at least on my server
    The thing is in Vanilla/TBC you always make many friends so it cut half of the work out for you

Doubt it. OQueue allowed you to press a button and you would get insta invited to other people's groups. They might have something similar, where you can see other people's groups, but you'd need to be forced to reach out to and actually communicate with the leader in Classic WoW.

Deleted
    pff back to /who 60 ironforge mage and copy pasta all available "wanna join for x?"

iirc there was an addon for that in TBC which was more comfortable. And since there is always some delay the "CAN YOU NOT SEE I AM ALREADY IN YX IDIOT!" is not avoidable

nah, it's the return of GearScore