Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    And what "new features" would that be exactly? Care to reference any that I, a vanilla player, legacy server advocate, and Classic WoW QoL champion, have called for, that warrant playing Legion in its entirety?

I love seeing this argument again and again. "You want bug fixes, graphical enhancements, slight tuning, i.e. remaster of a 10 year old game? Better play a Demon Hunter and have fun in LFR then LOL" as if I haven't paid a sub for 12 years and should have no say in the development of an official blizzard server over someone who obviously hasn't stuck around long enough to even warrant a trial account.

If you added every QoL feature that BC introduced to Vanilla, you know what you'd get? Vanilla with BC QoL features. Not BC. QoL doesn't mean Black Temple and Flying mounts, in the same way it doesn't mean Demon Hunters and LFR.

Making Vanilla a better game does not simple make it Legion you absolute neanderthal.
    Saying you sub for 12 years doesnt entitle you to ruin classic. Yes, go play your demon hunter.

Classic should be classic, period. For changes you got retail.

Also space goat avatar lols. Draenei lore change was the very first fuck up in the lore blizzard did, the one that started the fuck up story it has now. No one that has any love for Warcraft story would ever touch the first cancer that spread up to destroy the game story first place.

Go.to.retail.Leave.classic.alone.bye.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

one thing that always gives away these retail trolls is aoe looting. if you had ever played vanilla you would know you aren't gonna aoe down 10+ mobs at once, unless you're a mage. and even then it's a small inconvenience for being able to farm lots of money. yeah just small changes like aoe looting and maybe also class rebalance, that surely wouldn't have any impact on the game where you're forced to go outside the world to do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    everyone should be able to see all of the content is another worry. if this becomes an internal requirement, expect difficulty levels in instances and raids.
    There's no reason to worry about that with Classic servers, when Blizzard can - and most likely should - simply reintroduce the retired Vanilla raids in Standard, either to be solo farmed as they were, or as part of timewalking events. This way modern casual players can experience them and farm the mogs & mounts in their own fashion, without feeling the need to play on Classic realms, so they wouldn't bother you with their presence and QoL requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Nope! The classic community wants no changes. Latest interview with Brack indicated no changes were going to be made. The retail community keeps trying to request things and pass themselves off as the Classic community. Leave our game alone. Catering to you crybabies is what turned WoW into the crap show that it is today.
    Exactly. Want the awesome features that made wow the shit show it is today? Retail is there for you. In there you are free to choose between 2 or 3 talents and use one or two keys for habilites. There you can play as kung fu pandas, fight with your pokemons and toggle your pvp on and off. You can also receive artfact weapons in your mail and fight retconned bosses to exaustion while claiming the game is harder than ever.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2017-11-13 at 05:46 PM.

I'm starting to really think that all of the people making thread after thread complaining and begging for balance/updated this and that/etc...are just band wagon players who either A)Never even played vanilla and have no true understanding of what it was or B) Trolls just trying to get the community up in arms.

Hell, even this post...troll post all day long. It's entire purpose is to get a response out of the community and watch people argue. Nothing in the OP is anything new that hasn't already been asked/stated in dozens of other identical threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Paying a sub for 12 years doesnt entitle you to ruin classic. Yes, go play your demon hunter.

Classic should be classic, period. For changes you got retail.

Also space goat avatar lols. Draenei lore change were the very first fuck up in the lore blizzard did, the one that started the fuck up story it has now.

Go.to.retail.Leave.classic.alone.bye.
    Great job on quoting those so called "new features" that are going to "ruin classic". If you're going to straw man, at least put some effort into it, otherwise you lose all credibility rather quickly.

Please continue posting about how my suggestion of bug fixes will "ruin classic" and that anyone who disagrees should "play demon hunter". I'm hoping Ion and Brack get a read at this and realise what they're up against. It's becoming more and more apparent that people screaming for no changes have literally 0 basis for doing so other than "change = retail". A very childish and closed minded point of view. Thankfully, the adults making the game will see sense, and implement what's best for their new, post 2017 WoW "Classic" game, not 2007 Vanilla.

Also what?? LOL my avatar offends you now? It was only my main for about 4 years, in which I achieved playing WoW 100x more than you ever have or could. Personally I'd say it shits all over yours, but what's the opinion of someone educated worth to a moron like you anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I'm starting to really think that all of the people making thread after thread complaining and begging for balance/updated this and that/etc...are just band wagon players who either A)Never even played vanilla and have no true understanding of what it was or B) Trolls just trying to get the community up in arms.

Hell, even this post...troll post all day long. It's entire purpose is to get a response out of the community and watch people argue. Nothing in the OP is anything new that hasn't already been asked/stated in dozens of other identical threads.
    If that's the conclusion you've drawn you've either A) not read the last two pages of this thread or B) can't comprehend the discussion that's been had over the last 2 pages of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    There is no divide.

The legacy crowd have always and will always just want as true to the original experience as possible. Hence when we had to create our own private servers like Nost or Elys, they were basically exactly what we wanted. Vanilla as close as we could get it.

The other people that joined the movement can be categorised into 2 rough groups. The bitter "you'll never get legacy realm" trolls and the clueless people who never played Vanilla but jumped onto the bandwagon when the servers got announced.
    is that the i dont agree with you so your now not X mentality. like the pro trans and anti trans feminists call each other fake feminist's. this shit is delicious to watch

- - - Updated - - -

oh this shit is too funny. hipster classics vs reformist classics the war is on.

funny shit is that the reson wow changed fro vanilla was because the majority called for it. they asked for lfd and QoL so why does any one have some wierd belife it wont all happen again haha

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    is that the i dont agree with you so your now not X mentality. like the pro trans and anti trans feminists call each other fake feminist's. this shit is delicious to watch

- - - Updated - - -

oh this shit is too funny. hipster classics vs reformist classics the war is on.

funny shit is that the reson wow changed fro vanilla was because the majority called for it. they asked for lfd and QoL so why does any one have some wierd belife it wont all happen again haha
    I don't know how there are reformist classics? Blizzard seemed to shut that all down in the interview when they states that WoW Classic will not have modern day features added to it like the dungeon finder or anything. They are going for a Vanilla experience, and that they are considering bringing in the Nostralius team to work with having maintained contact with them. I don't know how much more evidence is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Right! Retail, with its broken classes that are unlplayable, awful talent trees, constant DC's and sever down time, lack of content, one spell rotations, lack of quest, etc. Oh wait, that trainwreck was vanilla.
    Lucky you you don't need to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great job on quoting those so called "new features" that are going to "ruin classic". If you're going to straw man, at least put some effort into it, otherwise you lose all credibility rather quickly.

Please continue posting about how my suggestion of bug fixes will "ruin classic" and that anyone who disagrees should "play demon hunter". I'm hoping Ion and Brack get a read at this and realise what they're up against. It's becoming more and more apparent that people screaming for no changes have literally 0 basis for doing so other than "change = retail". A very childish and closed minded point of view. Thankfully, the adults making the game will see sense, and implement what's best for their new, post 2017 WoW "Classic" game, not 2007 Vanilla.

Also what?? LOL my avatar offends you now? It was only my main for about 4 years, in which I achieved playing WoW 100x more than you ever have or could. Personally I'd say it shits all over yours, but what's the opinion of someone educated worth to a moron like you anyway?
    Indeed, you get credibility for insulting others. Lucky us it seems Blizzard is going to do it as close as possible so cataclysm and forth players like you probably wont go there.

The part where you brag saying "It was only my main for about 4 years, in which I achieved playing WoW 100x more than you ever have or could. Personally I'd say it shits all over yours" is priceless. I raided Molten Core while it still had their placeholder skins for the tier sets. In fact, dugeon sets were still mostly with placeholder skins. Me and my guild got the server first kill of Azuregos. You probably don't even know whats that anyways. Probably was still using diapers during that time.

Stay at retail, playing with your lorelol spacegoat. Do yourself and us a favor.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2017-11-13 at 06:49 PM.

Well, it is nice to see the total war tactics employed, that they utilized on retail players, onto themselves.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

15+ Year Old Account
    The answer is simple.
    If you don't want an unmolested Vanilla, then you don't actually want to play Vanilla. You are mistaken in what you want. You want something different. That's fine, but that's not Vanilla
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

How do I get artifact power in the mail?
    Getting an Ashbringer in the mail isn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    The answer is simple.
    If you don't want an unmolested Vanilla, then you don't actually want to play Vanilla. You are mistaken in what you want. You want something different. That's fine, but that's not Vanilla
    Maybe one day, people will understand, blizzard will ultimately decide, what we will get as WoW: Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by sumerian999 View Post
    If you've been following the WoW Classic discussions across all media, you must've noticed that the community, which was once united in their single purpose of having Vanilla servers, is now fracturing itself between radicals, moderates and liberals (reformists).

As WoW Classic shapes up in the following 2 years, Blizzard will have to deal with many critical and possibly -very- decisive AND most of all -DIVISIVE- decisions on what to keep identical, and what to ''improve'' (distilling the purity of the game for QOL reasons).

Of course the content is going to be identical. It's just, how will they manage -systems- that could be altered for QOL reasons? That's more where I'm getting at.

Take a few tiny examples, which are just the -surface- of the hellhole the devs are going to have to decide in :

-Will there be a LFG tool for ''casuals'' (I doubt it, but hey some people are asking for it, lol).
    -Will raids drop Paladin/Shaman gear for the Horde/Alliance? (lul)?
    -Will channel message limit be limited to prevent spam, or will it be kept identical so we can have the ''original'' Barrens Chat cancerous experience?
    -Will there be an option to use new character models?
    -Will there be Dual Spec for ''ease of respec'' (LOL - Have fun spending hundreds on respecs if that doesn't get in!).
    -What about connecting the NON-CONNECTED flight paths? Who wins here? QOL or PURISM?

There are TENS, if not HUNDREDS of questions like that, on so many layers to be taken care of. It's gonna be -very- lulzy to see the debates on what changes and what doesn't.

The devs are going to be torn apart by the rabid Vanillaers/Purists. It's going to be a massive drama fest, which I will enjoy watching thoroughly.
    I played Vanilla. I know how it was. It was good at the time, created many good memories. But in today's standards? Terribly optimized and terribly balanced. I think about 90% of Vanillaers don't know what they're asking for and are blinded by their rose-tinted goggles of a brutal pioneering era. 90% of the people who will play Vanilla will quit shortly after, because they wont be able to handle the difficulty and the absence of many QOL features we now have.

It's like a modern civilian in an industrialized and democratic society claiming he wants to go back to Ancient Rome because of some romantic ideal of how glorious in what when in reality it was extremely harsh for about 98% of the population.

I respect the 10% who actually know what they're in for. But the rest are, in my opinion, and excuse my brutality, pampered hypocrits who wanted to feel like special snowflakes by constantly whining for Vanilla servers, because ''THE PAST IS ALWAYS BETTER AND BECAUSE NOSTALGIA MAKES ME FORGET ALL THE PROBLEMS THE GAME HAD AT THE TIME''.

That 10% of fanatical hardcore Vanillaers is what I believe is currently on private servers, and will benefit from official Classic servers. The other 90% of ''askers'' will come back to retail and wont admit Classic kicked their ass and that they couldn't handle it EVEN if they wanted it for so long.
    Good on those who will benefit from Classic servers! I'm happy for them. I just can't stand the amount of hypocrisy behind most of the people who claim they will handle the game fine, when in fact they wont.

I know it's kind of cruel in a way, but I see Classic servers as a sort of asylum for insane nostalgic people, so they can leave us retail players alone with their constant complaining. Only, I know they wont really get exiled, since they can always come back x)
    At this point I've been playing private servers longer than retail. I know what I'm asking for. And it's still better than retail WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Maybe one day, people will understand, blizzard will ultimately decide, what we will get as WoW: Classic.
    Yeah, minimum 2 years. I would bet that the 2019 blizzcon they release Classic servers to play on. Maybe even 2020. Because, generally the way it works out is that in odd years, they have an expac to announce. In even years we are half way through the new expac, so they need something big.

3 years, thats a long time, damn.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Yeah, minimum 2 years. I would bet that the 2019 blizzcon they release Classic servers to play on. Maybe even 2020. Because, generally the way it works out is that in odd years, they have an expac to announce. In even years we are half way through the new expac, so they need something big.

3 years, thats a long time, damn.
    i don't think they would voluntarily push it back a year. classic has the potential to address some of the issues their quick-consume content model produces in sub retention patterns.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I get Ashbringer in the mail? Clearly you have played the game, so please tell us.

By the way, its kind of amazing how hung up on other peoples loot the vanilla crowd seems to be.
    you really are bothered and bitter by blizz finding the classic server idea a viable business opportunity. I remember you from the mega-thread. Have you considered taking a serious look at why you were wrong on this topic then, looking for solutions that don't involve it being other people's fault, or other people being wrong, or blizzard being stupid?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

This isn't rocket science.

Release the game with classes balanced and QOL features as of 1.12.

Release the post launch content on a Legion-esque patch schedule. Launch, then 11 weeks to first major patch, then 11 weeks to minor patch. Repeat until Naxx is released. AQ event goes in as it was. AQ takes as long as it takes to open. Maybe Blizzard adjusts contribution amounts if there are too few people contributing to ever actually open the raids (like what they do now for Broken Shore buildings).

I would like to see just 2 QoL features added that were not part of the original game:

1) Pass-through looting. If I go solo SM Armory at 60 trying to farm the tabard, and I kill all the initiates stacked on top of each other, I should be able to loot all of them, not just the ones with a finger or foot sticking out far enough. Note that this has nothing to do with AoE looting, just being able to individually loot all the mobs killed regardless of where the corpse models landed on the ground.

2) Transmog UNLOCKS ONLY. If I can manage to collect a full set of Tier 3 at level, I would like to be able to use it in retail without having to wait for those pieces to spawn on the BMAH. Given that obtaining the armor at level is far, FAR more demanding, I don't see why this would be a legit issue for anyone, especially since it would have zero effect on the actual Classic experience, and would only provide additional incentive to play Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Read the above post. These threads are full of gems.
    Turns out when you suck all the oxygen in the room, you tend to hurt yourself.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There used to be a time when people asking for easier or more "accessible" content got savaged on the official WoW forums.

Just look where all these QoL got us, no realm communities, official character boosts and official Blizzard gold selling.

I'm so so tempted to go through the archived old WoW forums and find the threads where people bitterly complained about the newly implemented QOL changes, saying it was a slippery slope that ended with Blizzard selling lvl 60's. If only we knew.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully, the adults making the game will see sense, and implement what's best for their new, post 2017 WoW "Classic" game, not 2007 Vanilla.
    As has already been stated by Blizzard, the classic servers will as close to the originals as possible.

Am I right in thinking the Nostalrius team provided you with access to their build at some point?
    J. Allen Brack: Yeah, they did. We did a dungeon run with some of the folks, it was an old school Scholomance run. It was interesting.

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse