Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Don't underestimate people wanting to draw genitals in the game world.
    Hehe Yea I miss avr dicks.

Vanilla is gonna be piss easy with dbm and avr haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard has no choice but to put in game lfg tool into game

their only alternative is either people making vanilla version of oque or people using 3rd party websites like they did in mop

either way nobody will waste time spaming trade .

some of you people behave like person who is still using nokia 3310 in 2017 - just stop living in past like cavemen
    You have not followed the Vanilla servers discussion did you? Vanilla = vanilla. So stop using words like "nobody" cause the vanilla players DO want to spam trade for forming groups. Its their part of a vanilla experience

I do not think Blizz will have a new LFG tool in game, but if one is not made as an addon, I can definitely see a discord server being made for it.
    I can also see openraid coming back strong for PuG building.

I highly doubt people really want to spam trade chat these days when we have other tool to more efficiently build groups.

Shouldn't we differentiate between auto-matchmaking, that is the Dungeon/Raid Finders, from the bulletin boards, that is the Premade Groups?
    Almost nobody would want automatic queues in a classic server, but Premade Group doesn't automatically do anything, doesn't teleport you anywhere and isn't all that different from a 3rd party website, except you don't have to tab out.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Addons like the ones discussed in this thread should never have been allowed in the first place to function. Blizzard has already taken action against them and I hope and believe they will do it for classic too.

It's really as simple as making specific addons / addon functions against the rules and then enforcing it by banning players using them. Or simply by suing the creator of such addon, or even threatening it - I can guarantee no internet wiseass will fight for the right to draw dicks in the game with actual jail time on the line.

The best way to handle addons for Classic is in my opinion by disabling the use of the API for any external addons. Blizzard should then communicate with the community for a list of addons that were available during vanilla that they want, and bake them in to the client. These could then all be toggleable from the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Absolutely. Automatic matchmaking will never be a thing. First of all Blizzard have said that it won't exist in classic, second of all it can't be replicated with addons. The premade dungeon finder that was introduced in WOD can be replicated, the LFD tool that was introduced in WotLK can't.
    Didn't "summoning stones" used to automatch players together?.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
    API wise hopefully blizzard will implement just bug fixes and not add functionality outside of the original vanilla version.
    But Vanilla version is the most unlimited one o_O

Do you want fully automatic rotation bot w/o actually using a bot? Easy.
    Do you want semi-auto 1 button UI? Easy.

And it'll be distributed w/ import strings a la WA

Stuff like LFG addons should be the least of people's concerns. Pretty much everything we had through history of WoW will be doable w/ Vanilla API, but it'll be much and much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Addons like the ones discussed in this thread should never have been allowed in the first place to function. Blizzard has already taken action against them and I hope and believe they will do it for classic too.

It's really as simple as making specific addons / addon functions against the rules and then enforcing it by banning players using them. Or simply by suing the creator of such addon, or even threatening it - I can guarantee no internet wiseass will fight for the right to draw dicks in the game with actual jail time on the line.

I can guarantee another thing: Using addons won't land anyone in jail, but taking whatever gives you these sort of ideas probably might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Didn't "summoning stones" used to automatch players together?.
    I think they threw in two people together and said "you're a group now, look for other people".

Aside from that, Instance Stones were hardly used at all, partly because you had to travel to the dungeon, click on the stone and then wait for it to happen, no one used that system.

People preffered to spam "LFG" in LFG Chat or respective zone of that instance.

That's an interesting question, actually. The Classic API allowed for far, far more powerful addons than today's. Will they restore it to where it was in vanilla? Restrict it to today's? They surely cannot disallow addons, threat meters at least were a core part of vanilla raiding.

But I'm pretty certain that, unless Blizzards seriously drops the hammer down, stuff like Oqueue and Openraids will be used in vanilla, a lot. There are only so many people who want to spam trade chat for half an hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I think and hope that Blizzard will just make it not usable.
    Why? It's similiar to that of Innkeeper LFG except just in addon form. It's completely vanilla like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think they threw in two people together and said "you're a group now, look for other people".

Aside from that, Instance Stones were hardly used at all, partly because you had to travel to the dungeon, click on the stone and then wait for it to happen, no one used that system.
    You could use either the stone or Innkeepers, most people just never realized you could. Then Blizzard revamped it in TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But I'm pretty certain that, unless Blizzards seriously drops the hammer down, stuff like Oqueue and Openraids will be used in vanilla, a lot. There are only so many people who want to spam trade chat for half an hour.
    I don't see the problem behind those things as long as it remains server restricted, you will constantly see familiar names rather than new ones.

It would sort of help to build a server community, people who constantly open raids will be recognized, get a bad / good reputation based on the raids quality and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You could use either the stone or Innkeepers, most people just never realized you could. Then Blizzard revamped it in TBC
    Yeah right, innkeepers worked as well, but no system catched on until LFD ironically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    pff back to /who 60 ironforge mage and copy pasta all available "wanna join for x?"
    And then get muted for spamming in whispers because of all the goldsellers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's an interesting question, actually. The Classic API allowed for far, far more powerful addons than today's. Will they restore it to where it was in vanilla? Restrict it to today's? They surely cannot disallow addons, threat meters at least were a core part of vanilla raiding.

exactly my point's
    unless the api is completely closed (in which case good luck cos the game was un playable without a threat meter at any respectable standard) then your gonna have DBM, oQue, weak auras, AV and all the outher addons that will make vanilla trivial and your just gonna have to live with that and live with knowing if you dont want to use it you will be at a disadvantage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yeah right, innkeepers worked as well, but no system catched on until LFD ironically.
    Yeah, it's too late to introduce a somewhat similiar system when people are used to either /4 or /2
    I guess that's why Dungeon finder was actually the only thing to conquer them both, because of the sheer convenience of not having to spam multiple chats and being TP'ed there

No x-realms was essential, hence there is no need (or application) for such AddOns.

All the little bits around vanilla raiding, looting, dkp, raid ids and so on kinda makes it imperative to keep it as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Hey everyone,

Was thinking about this tonight - do you believe that we will see oQueue (or something similar) built for classic WoW? Since these Addons rely heavily on the Battle.net API, which i expect to be there due to them integrating the client with it. I, myself, don’t really want to see it; however, if it is possible to make it, expect it to be made.

Thoughts?
    There's already vQueue for vanilla servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Hey everyone,

Was thinking about this tonight - do you believe that we will see oQueue (or something similar) built for classic WoW? Since these Addons rely heavily on the Battle.net API, which i expect to be there due to them integrating the client with it. I, myself, don’t really want to see it; however, if it is possible to make it, expect it to be made.

Thoughts?
    Of course there will be LFG addons. No way around that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    On nost it never felt like we needed oqueue and nobody ever asked for it so no i believe even if people managed to make a vanilla oqueue nobody will be using it
    There are not going to be cross-servers so there is no need for it even in TBC/WOTLK people were not using the LFG tool but tradechat/zone at least on my server
    The thing is in Vanilla/TBC you always make many friends so it cut half of the work out for you
    lol i think im gonna make it just to piss you off.