Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What spec is Rexxar?

Is he marksman, beast mastery, or survival? I know he uses melee weapons
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

he has multiple pets, take 1 guess

not to mention that in warcraft 3 he is explicitly called a beastmaster
    Last edited by Kyr; 2017-11-03 at 12:29 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    a survival beast master.

Lore characters don't have specs.

Hes not a player character so he isn't limited to a single specialization; hes both a Survivalist and a Beast Master.

Rexxar is one of the hunter class hall champions, and his spec is survival.

He is a Beast Master to begin with but since Survival became the Melee Hunter spec and he's a Melee Hunter, he became a Survival Hunter in the Order Hall.

So take your pick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    He is a Beast Master to begin with but since Survival became the Melee Hunter spec and he's a Melee Hunter, he became a Survival Hunter in the Order Hall.

So take your pick?
    Erm, he uses a bow and arrow as well I believe.
    Last edited by Seefer; 2017-11-03 at 12:53 AM.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

He's survival. He is a class order champion that uses the spec survival. For those of you who think he is BM simply because he has a pet, survival uses a pet as well.

He's a dual wielding beast master but for the love of god don't let Kisstehbaby hear us.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

melee was a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    He has dualspec, duh.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    He's survival. He is a class order champion that uses the spec survival. For those of you who think he is BM simply because he has a pet, survival uses a pet as well.
    "Uses a pet"? The term beastmaster comes from rexxar from wc3. He defined the spec. He has 4 abilities, summon bear, summon quillbeast, summon hawk, and stampede.

Some quotes from his wiki:

"Character class Beastmaster, Hunter"

"The Beastmaster is the master of Summonable units. The Beastmaster can have multiple summonables of each type at once. The Beastmaster is cool because he can have a Bear, Quilbeast, and Hawk at the same time (making him the Beastmaster!)."

"Rexxar, Champion of the Horde, is a half-ogre, half-orc beastmaster[1] of the Mok'Nathal clan, and may be one of the last born half-ogres of the clan."

"As his title of beastmaster suggests, Rexxar is a master of the wild and has befriended many creatures in his travels."

What spec is <insert warcraft hero> is a real pointless discussion.

Rexxar is rexxar. He's both beastmaster and survival and whatever else he wants to be.

Same goes for most other heroes.
    Thrall has melee and ghost wolves, but also chain lightning and earthquake, and earth shield and strong heals.
    Jaina has all kinds of arcane fire and frost spells.
    Anduin is a priest that wears plate armor and wields a 2H sword (and no, he's not a paladin).

etc etc.

He's a Survival Master.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Specs don't exist in lore.

Deleted
    "As his title of beastmaster suggests, Rexxar is a master of the wild and has befriended many creatures in his travels."

"A beastmaster, also known as beast master, is a warrior hero or wilderness warrior who is able to call forth the creatures of the forest to serve him. They are usually from the Horde or night elves"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Is he marksman, beast mastery, or survival? I know he uses melee weapons
    His ingame Spec says Survival, however lore-wise he is closer to a Beast Master / Survival mixmatch

beast mastery, blizzard retconned it survival but no, he's beast mastery.

literally his entire toolkit in wc3 was summon beasts and stampede