Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way I see it is that the "Classic crowd" says retail was dead when it went to the 5.6 million it had in WoD. So if Classic has less than that it is dead by their own definition, right? I believe classic servers will get about 500-800k users on the opening and probably drop to 100-200k after 6 months. If they do a patch cycle it will probably drop much faster than that at the start but will level out better in the end. Do I think it's dead? No. An MMO can survive with 100-200k users.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Only if you play with your nose.

Stop with this bullshit, it didnt take us 2 years to clear Vanilla , it took us 2 years because stuff werent released yet and unbalanced as fuck, it was 2005, now everyone knows where everything is, it will be roflstomped by the people already roflstomping it in private servers and that roflstomped it in 2005.

With the difference, there is no searching involved, or bypassing shit, we know where everything is.

Everyone knows what the Hounds in MC do now, everyone knows who to dispel in Lucifron, everyone knows everything, those bosses were cleared in shit ass gear, and they will be cleared again, this time much faster cause people know what to do, no surprises, no "wtf"
    Yeah and? You have never played vannila obviously. Do you know how long takes just to prepare for raids in vannila? It takes months. Raids were hard in past becouse of difficul prep you had to do. Like farm res gear, consumables what cost lot of gold, gear etc... This itself will take you months.

I don't understand why anyone believes that it will be at least on par with retail in terms of population (???!!!) or that after the hype numbers will not fall down, leaving a relatively small core of dedicated vanilla players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yeah and? You have never played vannila obviously. Do you know how long takes just to prepare for raids in vannila? It takes months. Raids were hard in past becouse of difficul prep you had to do. Like farm res gear, consumables what cost lot of gold, gear etc... This itself will take you months.
    "You have never played Vanilla"

You delusional scrubs with your 0 knowledge about Vanilla need to stfu.

My original Naxxramas loot in my bank that i saved for this particular reason when it got re-introduced is for plebs like you with an opinion,yes i didnt kill the last 3 bosses cause we couldnt be bothered when TBC was announced and Xmas Vacation was on the way which meant we wouldnt get them anyway.

Only certain bosses required certain things, apart from that everything was doable when you learnt how to do them.

You are all clueless scrubs that do not know how Vanilla worked, and as i already mentioned it worked from the fact that gear didnt get outdated easily.

MC and Naxx had less than 30 ilvl difference, Rag loot had less than 15 item level difference, there is a reason you re-did all the raids every week, which a scrub like you never did.

There is a reason i raided 10 hours on Sundays when we wanted to progress Naxx to clear MC/BWL/AQ40 in one day so we can go wipe at Loatheb and Thaddius.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-13 at 07:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Sure. For a week.
    You are wrong. Classic will outclass retail.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I suspect many people (like me) will switch to BfA when it drops for 3-6 months and then switch back to classic when the boredom sets in. This trend will continue.

There will be more subs for BfA in those months. Then the switch back to classic will occur and that's when classic will compete with BfA, and of course future expansions.

This will happen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    You are wrong. Classic will outclass retail.
    I'l quote you on this

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    except that youtube is now filled with the new version where frodo is a woman because social justice, every one who talks about it is now unsure which version your on about and now when you say you like lotr you have to add "the original" into that sentence. and every mention of the new lotr will trample on your memory.

now imagine grinding for months and months to get a boss kill then some pricks being able to just go and do it in a few days because they have all the addons and guides and then claim it was "its the same cos the re released it right...." fuck that, fuck them and fuck the pro classic people to hell
    It will be what you make it. You seem easily influenced by other's experience of things. Experience it for yourself. Enjoy it, and ignore the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What I wrote was not hard to understand. Numbers tend to go down during content droughts. Classic never will get new content.

I also mentioned that how they decide to release classic could add to that content drought.
    The problem with this premise is that, whilst it is simple to understand, Cata and MoP both lost more in their early lifespan than they did during the drought periods and although we do not have any available data for WoD's sub numbers during its content drought it is reasonable to assume that losses did not continue at the early rate.

I'm sure there'll be an initial spike and many will get bored and quit within a couple months, like the last couple expansions.

However I'd bet a dozen donuts Classic retains more players long term.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sorry but anyone who played 2 hours per day in vanilla probably leveled in years and never actually played the game.
    "Never actually played the game"? What the fuck do you mean? Most people who played Vanilla didn't play endgame much. There's a reason less than 1% of people saw the inside of Naxx (and I say that as one who did).

To get to 60 for most people took 10-30 days /played, depending on the era of Vanilla, and how they played. Ironically, quest-focused casual players sometimes leveled faster than more "serious" players who took time out to fuck around with PvP and so on (which gave basically no XP back then).

At 2hrs/day, 10 days /played is 120 days real-time - 4 months. At 30, it's 360 days, just under a year. Vanilla existed for nearly THREE years. So yes, even casual players often got to max level.

Yeah, they will check it out, that's where major part of private server popularity comes from - people check it out and leave at level 40. Or level to 60 and realize that there is only one horde pve guild and he is not welcome here, because "we are full on rogues" and he just quits.
    Yes, I expect so too, but there won't be "only one horde pve guild" - these servers will be jam-packed, realistically. A lot of people will quit at 30 or 40 or 50 or 60, but not because of "full on Rogues".

Imaginary numbers are not a good argument by the way. I sincerely doubt that even 5% of people will buy the game again just to "check it out". A lot of people quit the game for a reason, and reason not being "it's not vanilla wow anymore". If anything, it's more possible that people will return for WotLK-style WoW, because that's where the subscription peak was
    I mostly agree, though I'm not sure WotLK is the draw you think it is, even though I think WotLK was peak WoW in many ways.

However you're wrong re: "buy the game again", most likely. People will probably just have to re-up a subscription. Blizzard aren't going to make them buy BfA or whatever for this - that'd be perverse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    You are correct.
    I think this was Blizzards first mistake.
    BC should not have been 10 levels then end-game.
    This started the raid-or-die trend, that hasn't stopped.

The 10 additional levels per xpack is a joke.
    Players rush as quickly as possible through the content to get to end-game, then its raid-or-die.
    Rinse and repeat every dying expansion.

BC should have been at least 30 more levels. I would go as far as to say another 60.
    Leveling and community is the magic of WoW.
    Blizzard killed the magic and we have what we have now. A diablo clone with the world acting as a lobby when queued for dungeons. Count me out.
    i think your semi right but the raid or die mentality set in befor tbc was launched and i think alot of it came from the amount of time before tbc launched where the majority had hit 60 and only had raiding as a real option.
    in vanilla all you had to do at 60 was raid or pvp and to pvp at any decent standard you needed raid gear so the game by about 06 was entirly revolved around raiding with a few who were nicly niknamed "scrubs" and "noobs" still leveling. its 05-06 where the community started getting elitist and toxic

Ask yourself why numbers in retail go down. Usually its because of content droughts. The second legacy goes live it is on a content drought. Not to mention how they release the limited content is going to be interesting. For example, if its a patch cycle, there would be no BG's in wow for months.
    Your content drought does not seem to have effected private servers as much as retail. Additionally, 1 month after WoD and Legion you saw massive changes in numbers. During WoD blizz reported and private websites calculate a boost at launch of legion then a huge drop. One month is not a content drought. One month is a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Yes classic will be succesful.
    That's What I'm Talking about!

Ask yourself why numbers in retail go down. Usually its because of content droughts. The second legacy goes live it is on a content drought. Not to mention how they release the limited content is going to be interesting. For example, if its a patch cycle, there would be no BG's in wow for months.
    Not reading 11 pages but this sums it up really well.

There will no doubt be a massive amount of people trying it but only the hardcore who know what vanilla is like/currently playing on private realms will remain after 6 months, subs nose dive on live due to content droughts so how do you think the game will fare when there is no new content (minus patches adding what we've already done 12-13 years ago) ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Not reading 11 pages but this sums it up really well.

There will no doubt be a massive amount of people trying it but only the hardcore who know what vanilla is like/currently playing on private realms will remain after 6 months, subs nose dive on live due to content droughts so how do you think the game will fare when there is no new content (minus patches adding what we've already done 12-13 years ago) ?
    I'm interested in knowing why you think only people with experience from vanilla or private servers will stay?

I have a friend who absolutely loathes the idea of playing a private server, who didnt try vanilla and who is just dying to play on the classic retail servers. He is a hardcore gamer in every sense of the word.

Sure a lot of people will drop off. Thats a given. At least the advantage with these servers is that your characters stay, so if you ever get the urege again you can just pop back in a level for a while.

pop will defo go down after a few months am undecided yet to play or not, will decide when more info comes but il guess it wont be til 2019 midish anyhows

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    I have a hard time believing that vanilla wow will be more popular than retail long term.

The initial surge will be big but there are way too many people who aren't going to like it.

It will nosedive, there's no doubt about that (even the devs said that) but it doesn't mean it'll die. If they release just one or two servers per region/language of each type and not hundreds like we have on retail, the game can thrive on a very small active population, I'm sure even 100k doesn't mean it's dead.
    shit, 10k on 2 servers isn't dead.

I honestly don't know what it is going to do, successful or not. But I do know that one way or another, there are going to be a whole hell of lot of people eating crow.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    Millions of people left, because wow changed from vanilla.... now they will come back for classic and not for retail.
    Millions of people left because theres ALOT more choices of games nowadays compared to what we had back then, and most of the players already moved on with their lives, I doubt those same people would stick around after a month or two. People will probably play for nostalgia.

I played nostalrius, and yes the actual leveling is fun with a lot of people running around every single zone, but as soon as i hit 60 i stopped logging in, the gameplay/class mechanics is just dull, theres a 100000 spells on ur spellbook but ur mostly pressing 1 button, and theres really no talent choices but 1 cookie cutter build aswell. Dungeon and boss mechanics is 1-2 at most. I guess some people like how simple it was, but def not me lol.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2017-11-14 at 12:13 AM.