Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    But aren't all stats adaptable now? If not then I can't imagine it'll be difficult to extend it from armor to weapons.
    in wod, weapons didnt have multistat, armor did, so who knows

I think people miss the point of why Blizzard removed 2h Frost, 2h Enhancement, Single-minded Fury etc. There is one reason. It's easier for them to Balance. If you haven't realized it by now, people are giving Blizzard a shitstorm every time their respective class is a bit behind on the dps meters. This is also the reason why Blizzard simplified the talent trees. They are spending a lot of time and money balancing all the specs and letting frost play with 2h would give them another "spec" to balance. This is why we can't have nice stuff. We ruin the fun. Cool specs like the warrior Gladiator spec will never be a part of the game again as long as we complain and complain about every little thing.

Bring 2handed weapon Shamy again!, and make one hand spears available XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Please add dual wielding survival hunter while you are at that.
    Funny enough, back in Lich King days I hated it whenever my beast master ended up wielding a 2h, always bent over backwards to go DW, even though it was pretty much irrelevant for performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you haven't realized it by now, people are giving Blizzard a shitstorm every time their respective class is a bit behind on the dps meters.
    Blizzard had 13 years to start paying attention to theorycrafters and others. Every time another record in Blizzard's fucktardy was about to be broken in "class balance" category, a metric shit ton of data was available to fix their crap ways before it was time for people to start giving them a shitstorm. Every single patch, Blizzard claimed to read the analyses and then proceeded to release the most retarded version imaginable.

Also, Obliterate with 1-handers shall forever remain a poor joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Like the title says, did anyone who played the demo at Blizzcon test to see if these two specs returned or not?

I really don't like dw frost and Titans grip. With artifacts finally gone I was hoping we could see these two return.
    as they said most classes are staying the same and holding onto the class fantasy set forth in legion, it is very doubtful it will make a return any time soon.

Right after Gladiator is added back to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    when it means bogging specs down, yes - more specific weapon choices gives blizz an easier time with balancing and creating unique spells, furthermore it helps newer players.
    It seems like some people would justify every change in the game (for the worse or better) with "better balancing". I'm so tired of this "argument".

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Right after Gladiator is added back to the game
    Gladiator is an entirely different beast though. Gladiator is afterall changing the nature of the Spec, in this case it was changing the Protection Tank into a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It seems like some people would justify every change in the game (for the worse or better) with "better balancing". I'm so tired of this "argument".
    Not to mention from what I've gathered balancing has been all over the place in Legion. And it will always be like that.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2017-11-13 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    No shit, right? If they want "better balancing", just remove weapon dependency from DPS entirely. That's what these arguments can devolve into.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    No shit, right? If they want "better balancing", just remove weapon dependency from DPS entirely. That's what these arguments can devolve into.
    Not sure if this is sarcastic, but frankly I see no reason why 2 pointy sticks need to scale differently than 1 2h weapon.

It's pretty easy to balance 2H vs dual-wielding. They fixed it in MoP with monk attacks scaling on weapon DPS rather than weapon damage. This was removed in Legion when they changed monk abilities to scale with attackpower for some unknown reason, but the mechanic works and addresses how dual-wield scales dramatically better with AP than 2H while still rendering the player's equipped weapon(s) meaningful.

All that said, this is the dev team that released Demon Hunters with only two specs. They aren't looking to cause extra work for themselves, to say it charitably. FrostDK will be DW forever, Fury will be TG DW forever.

Sorry but after twelve years I simply don't buy the "it's easier to balance!". Since WHEN things are balanced either way, easier or harder?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Monk 2H vs DW was balanced extremely closely due to the mechanic I explained above. DW still won by around 1% everything else being equal, but it was close enough that weapon itemlvl and secondary stats were what mattered. The same thing could work perfectly fine for FDK.

While they're at it, bring back 2h enhance shaman.

Edit: In before someone links the WoW Classic trailer

I forgot how i'm going to have to get 2 weapon drops now for any dual wield spec.... sheeeeit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to play warrior when I was at Blizzcon, but it is certainly possible. It's also looking like outlaw rogue with a slow main hand and a fast off hand may be coming back.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Funny enough, back in Lich King days I hated it whenever my beast master ended up wielding a 2h, always bent over backwards to go DW, even though it was pretty much irrelevant for performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard had 13 years to start paying attention to theorycrafters and others. Every time another record in Blizzard's fucktardy was about to be broken in "class balance" category, a metric shit ton of data was available to fix their crap ways before it was time for people to start giving them a shitstorm. Every single patch, Blizzard claimed to read the analyses and then proceeded to release the most retarded version imaginable.

Also, Obliterate with 1-handers shall forever remain a poor joke.
    They did pay attention to the theorycrafters. They hired them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    They did pay attention to the theorycrafters. They hired them.
    Legion balance proves beyond any shadow of doubt that either they didn't or they hired the wrong ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I forgot how i'm going to have to get 2 weapon drops now for any dual wield spec.... sheeeeit.
    Yeah because it's so much worse then having to get 3 relic drops for every artifact that you have no chance to use across more than 1 spec, while with Titan Grip there was always a chance to use your Arms weapon as one of the Fury ones etc.
    Congratulations on breaking another MMOC record on BS.

Legion balance proves beyond any shadow of doubt that either they didn't or they hired the wrong ones.
    I hear this literally every xpac.

Deleted
    I sure hope they bring 2h frost back. I remember when I used to compete as 2h frost against dw frost dks during wotlk in trial of the crusader. What a damage with obliterate! (hah, the good old days with 52 talentpoints)