Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    I feel like most people still having real fun with the game have only been playing it for a few years and are relative newcomers, maybe a little more. All my friends (and past) friends that I know from Vanilla/BC do not enjoy the game any longer, or linger around but are clearly not very invested.

For me the game has been lukewarm since Cataclysm, and that hasn't changed. No expansion, BfA included, has stirred strong emotions in me.
    Been playing and enjoying it since day one. Have friends still playing that started with each expansion. I'm sure it is a much wider rang of player start dates than you present.

I feel like most people still having real fun with the game have only been playing it for a few years and are relative newcomers, maybe a little more. All my friends (and past) friends that I know from Vanilla/BC do not enjoy the game any longer, or linger around but are clearly not very invested.
    First played in open beta, jumped into the live game on release day November 2004, and still enjoy it very much.

I haven't had an active account for 100% of that time, but most of it. The only expansion I wasn't playing at launch was MoP (was quite wrapped up in Guild Wars 2 at that time, iirc).

Started mid BC, been playing for the whole time, with some breaks during Cataclysm, Pandaria and Draenor. Mostly due to quick burn out because linear and repetitive story I played in a quick succession.

I saw how WoW evolved, how things got changed. I liked BC and WotLK very much (played some OP classes and it felt very nice), I like Legion because certain features (artifact weapon concept, WQs dailies that don't feel like dailies, first x-pac since LK that keep me playing without break). I played Cataclysm with classes that were "broken" (like Ret Pala), I enjoyed Pandaria due to setting, theme and Monk.

Overall I still enjoy playing WoW. It had its ups and downs, some things were better once (BC times of Warlock, Cataclysm Shaman one button totems), some were worse (Diablofying WoW, ultra linear story, RNG-fying everything and finally - timegating). Legion fixed some issues, brought new ones; expansion as any other. But I still play the game, I enjoy the world, the quests, the story. Major issues (voiced by majority of community) does not affect me so there are no reasons for me to rage about them.

Still playing since patch 1.8.0

For me the game has been lukewarm since Cataclysm, and that hasn't changed. No expansion, BfA included, has stirred strong emotions in me.
    I started playing in Dec 2005 and I still enjoy playing Vanilla WoW and maybe TBC or WOTLK. Just not retail though, I feel that retail has changed so much that it stopped bearing any resemblance to World Of Warcraft and therefore I have no interest in playing it.

I stopped playing retail around MoP if memory serves, and I was also unsubbed for almost the entirety of the Catafail expansion.

P.S.: I might as well add that TBC was for me the best WoW iteration ever produced, almost perfection. Retail has been on a steady decline quality-wise since TBC and every expansion just makes it worse.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-11-13 at 08:53 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Like some others here I started in the Open Beta, I was a HUGE Warcraft 2 + 3 Fan and almost 14 years later we're nearly one step closer to me being a Forest Troll Berzerker that I've had a dream of since my first Darkspear Hunter.

My WoW friends come and go with their subs but generally atleast one of my friends and I regularly have WoW lore discussions, just today we were talking about Zandalari being wishy washy.. Helping us with Hakkar in Vanilla, working with the Mogu in MoP, and now going to the Horde?

Anyway, yeah, we have deep appreciations for the game, and don't play 100% of the time but we've played every expansion together.

Legion was my favorite since Wrath. I had a lot of fun the first couple months.

No, I am hardly having fun at all currently.

PvP is absurdly horrible, and I am only playing right now to get a steady stream of BG wins, since I have hope Blizzard will get it together soon.

Blizzard has again and again cut out skill factors, until the game became pretty much idiot proof.

No skill there???

That’s OK, just roll X spec, and go at Frost Mage, and you will do just fine!!!

Everyone is a winner in the new WoW!!!

No skill required!!!

How absurd much???

The game is shit guys, if anyone likes that reality or not.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-11-13 at 08:09 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Love is a strong word, but it's the hobby I always return to, so I must like it. For the most part I know I do, but I have a tendency to overdo it.

Been here since day 1, raided hardcore from start until icc hc was cleared, then just causal as i really disliked the expansions that followed (cata(dull), mop(bleurgh), WoD (jesusfuck)) and started gaining interest back in Legion, thus started raiding again.

Been bunny-hopping between holypriest and pallytank but now, dpsing (on a warrior) for the first time since Vanilla.. and it's actually very fun and a really really nice expansion (part from totally retarded leggo-rng-system and AP-lolfuckyourOSandAlts system).

WoW still rocks, simple as that!

Started exactly one day before WotLK came out,still enjoying it,most of it comes from the fact that I just genuinely enjoy raiding+that's the only fun thing I have in my sad life

Deleted

It has. It has stirred enough to make you write a whole post here. When lying through your teeth, try to be more convincing, K?

Deleted
    Still playing the same char i created on january 2006

Any Long-Time Players Here Still Love Playing WoW?
    Long-time? Meaning started in vanilla? Only when there is a new content.

Deleted
    Of course, been playing since TBC but I had way more fun in every expansion after it.

Been playing since Vanilla and I still love the game. That being said, I have taken a few breaks over the years.. maybe like 2-3 months at a time, but honestly that's it. I am excited for Classic servers and will totally roll a character there, but I am more hype for BFA. Legion has been fantastic (IMO) and I hope they carry that momentum into the next expansion. I think the Islands and War-fronts can be really cool. We will see more closer to release.

I like M+ and I'm finding fun in gearing up alts atm, playing only 1 main is boring as shit right now cuz there's no raiding going on.

I'm still having fun since late BC, November of 2007 I think. My interests in-game have changed over time but the core aspects like Progression:gearing/collecting and Gameplay:mechanics/lore are still fun for me. I think the game does these things well and the system overhauls usually keep them fresh. There will always be an iteration of these systems that a player prefers, but if you love Warcraft, the social opportunity and the huge variety of gameplay options there's always something you can enjoy. What I've observed are new players and old players diving into the game at some point and then burning themselves out or having a bad experience and it turns them off to the game as a whole instead of that specific feature.

I'm a wrath-baby but I've always been subbed since I began right around when Ulduar launched. I did the promotion where you subscribe for a year and get the MoP beta and D3 for free. I've certainly enjoyed my time with wow to different extents throughout my play history but it's always been at least entertaining enough to maintain my sub

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I've played since TBC, and if anything, the game is better now than ever before. The quality of life differences are incredibly helpful, and the different tiers of raid levels make it so everyone has a spot.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Playing since the game launched in EU. Proud owner of the statue of tribute blizz gave us in 2014. Still subbed and ill contnue to be subbed if the raids continue to be good, since thats the case from tbc and onwards.