Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The soil of Ungoro appears to carry a hint of the special qualities of Ungoro itself in that it is exceptionally fertile and chock full of life-granting essence. Azerite could conceivably be tainted by Old God influence or essence, but that would have to be an external circumstance - in its default state it is just the highly energetic and powerful Arcane essence of Azeroth herself, the same substance that once filled the Well of Eternity.
    Yes. And Un'goro, didn't it? That's the point of those 'special' places, Un'goro and Sholazar and the Vale of Eternal Blossom, there the blood pooled and made the earth rich and 'special'. It didn't flow out there, but only pooled.
    But ok, I guess even if the Ungoro soil got mixed with Old God stuff and that's why suddenly the Silithids could go there, we simply don't know yet how that came to be and why, so it's too early to say for sure, if that is going to happen to all the Titan blood that's going to be all over the world.

The best part is they can change their mind on any one of those by just saying the old gods deliberately inserted a few lies and half-truths into there to make us paranoid and turn on each other (which is clearly working!)
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    They used the exact same language "turn the key" in the Tomb of Sargeras audio drama, with the magic in the tomb being referred to as such if I recall correctly. So, that's the key.

I will also add something to this. I don't think Anduin knows he's speaking lies. I think he's been misled. As you said, blaming the Horde and Sylvanas for his father's death is something many of the Alliance leaders want to do right now. But it's also a lie, whether they realize it or not. By accepting and promoting that lie, Anduin will be unwittingly serving N'zoth. There are two additional lies to come. These lies will be part of what drives the faction war. The reason why the Horde will trust Sylvanas, but the Alliance will be certain she's a monster. The Horde will know that Sylvanas has somehow been framed.

As for the third death quote? Azeroth's incident is theoretically the fourth, and not necessarily a death.

Rather, I think we have ample evidence that Ny'alotha is a city of the Dead, and afterlife in the Shadowlands. A place where Old God minions, and perhaps the Old Gods themselves, would journey to in death. Ny'alotha exists in two states. The sunken city, in which he lays dreaming, and the sleeping city in the afterlife. It is both a city lost to the deep, and a city in the Shadowlands.

The zones we've been shown in BfA have heavy Shadowlands influence. Sylvanas's role as Warchief, Vol'jin potentially returning as a spirit, Bwonsamdi, the Drust, Argus the Death Titan being the last encounter of Antorus... It's all set up.

Why does Il'gynoth continue to speak in plural? "Our way"? There is only one Old God left alive, as Xal'atath assures us it was always meant to be. Why bring up Yogg-Saron, if he's a pustule of N'zoth? Why did a Faceless One in the Violet Hold switch masters between Yogg and N'zoth? He speaks of the Curse of Flesh as a Gift, of oblivion as a gift, perhaps a Gift of Mortality. Is it possible that the death of all Old Gods besides one serves some greater purpose, and that Yogg-Saron and N'zoth will be working together from both sides, sunken and sleeping, on Ny'alotha to bring it back?

When all is said and done, it's Sylvanas's third death, as an undead, that will be the trigger. Sylvanas made a mistake impaling herself on Saronite in an effort to obliterate her soul. Retrieving her from where she goes takes special effort. The third death will fray the barrier to the Shadowlands just enough for them to punch a hole through, and for Ny'alotha and the damned souls within to go free. A cold place of infinite darkness for one very obvious reason. At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.

There they have Arthas and countless others. It's Ny'alotha. The land of sleep. The land of death.
    That lie would possibly be Sylvanas was the reason why Teldrassil is just a giant coal thus the Alliance raiding Lorderon/Undercity.

Okay, breakdown time, and I'll try to make this straightforward. Made an account just to add to this.

Il'gynoth gives us the following, and events line up perfectly.

"The king of diamonds has been made a pawn." Magni has been made a pawn. What does Magni give us?
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." He gives us The Heart of Azeroth, because of course he does. And we start filling that with...
    "Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below." Azerite, because of course we do. That can't be a bad thing, filling the heart with the corrupted blood of a dying world... I mean, Magni said it was gonna make it stronger, right?
    "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming." Unless corrupting the heart with her already poisoned blood kills her. Oops.

They've been setting us up since vanilla.

C'thun: "You will betray your friends."
    Yogg-Saron: "Trust is your weakness."
    Y'Shaarj: "You have already lost."
    Xal'atath: "Invaders messily corrupting other invaders. Typical. Far more useful to coax them along the proper path. Don't you think?"

We've been killing his enemies, the threats to his victory, we removed his competition, and now we'll finish the job he's already started. Not the strongest, but the most cunning. The manipulative one. We've been doing his work since the start.

Xal'atath: "It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be."

Oh, and one more callback to the Yogg whispers, to drive my point home.

"It WAS your fault."

N'zoth played us.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

Azshara?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    That lie would possibly be Sylvanas was the reason why Teldrassil is just a giant coal thus the Alliance raiding Lorderon/Undercity.
    The three lies will likely relate to all major motivating incidents Anduin has to fight the Horde. The idea Sylvanas was responsible for Varian's death may be one. The reasons for Teldrassil's burning, as you mentioned, may be another.

EDIT: Though technically, saying something like "For my Father! For the Alliance! For the Light!" could just as easily be three lies, whether Anduin realizes it or not, because the war is truly all for the sake of N'zoth.

Actually, this line of speculation makes me want N'zoth to turn out to be a real character, and actually get a chance to talk to Anduin before the end. Maybe thank him for his service. And considering that N'zoth is the closest standin to Cthulhu, the High Priest of the Old Ones, in WoW, I want to see him using more philosophical and religious phrases. Just to screw with Anduin's head even more, if Anduin's been played.

- - - Updated - - -

And by that, I mean I want N'zoth to show Anduin the Light.

and one day Alex hopes we visit the Void to see the horrors of the light. On this side we see the void rising up from planets with Old Gods and tentacles, but what about the other side? Is there a counter to that where planets are encased in crystalline mountains of pink and yellow narru plating and how tyrannical is that to the inhabitants of the void?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor

Worlds encased in crystalline mountains. Worlds being burned in holy fire. Entire peoples imprisoned and enslaved by so-called "benevolent" tyrants. All to sow the seeds of doubt in the poor boy-king's mind, and for N'zoth to assume the role of a proper psychological villain. To give substance to how the Old Gods can break the minds and spirits of so many, and even shatter the strongest of wills.

N'zoth can show Anduin all the things he's never seen, and ask if he truly wishes to fight for that. If he still has the same faith. Because who doesn't want to see Anduin's faith tested like so?
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-11-10 at 04:44 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The three lies will likely relate to all major motivating incidents Anduin has to fight the Horde. The idea Sylvanas was responsible for Varian's death may be one. The reasons for Teldrassil's burning, as you mentioned, may be another.

EDIT: Though technically, saying something like "For my Father! For the Alliance! For the Light!" could just as easily be three lies, whether Anduin realizes it or not, because the war is truly all for the sake of N'zoth.

Actually, this line of speculation makes me want N'zoth to turn out to be a real character, and actually get a chance to talk to Anduin before the end. Maybe thank him for his service. And considering that N'zoth is the closest standin to Cthulhu, the High Priest of the Old Ones, in WoW, I want to see him using more philosophical and religious phrases. Just to screw with Anduin's head even more, if Anduin's been played.

- - - Updated - - -

And by that, I mean I want N'zoth to show Anduin the Light.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor

Worlds encased in crystalline mountains. Worlds being burned in holy fire. Entire peoples imprisoned and enslaved by so-called "benevolent" tyrants. All to sow the seeds of doubt in the poor boy-king's mind, and for N'zoth to assume the role of a proper psychological villain. To give substance to how the Old Gods can break the minds and spirits of so many, and even shatter the strongest of wills.

N'zoth can show Anduin all the things he's never seen, and ask if he truly wishes to fight for that. If he still has the same faith. Because who doesn't want to see Anduin's faith tested like so?
    I believe Anduin by default is a holy priest but as his character progresses along his storyline he is slowly turning into a discipline. For sure in the future he has to or will use the power of shadows in his arsenal. I also think Velen in the future the most cunning of all the Triumvirate and as said the strongest of all would be a villiain in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn. Magni

From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength. still Magni

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below. the Heart of Azeroth (which is being given to us by Magni and also, conveniently, draws strength from the earth)

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you. Anduin. We'll see if it will be lies or just lies from the Old Gods' perspective.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming. I used to think this refers to Azeroth, but I changed my mind. I now think it refers to the Banshee Queen (Not Sylvanas, because she wasn't undead when she died for the first time), because we're going to see a lot of Old God shenanigans regarding undeath and death in Zandalar if I saw that right.
    Sorry but Sylvanas already died 3 times. To be a Banshee Queen to begin with and be undead, jumped off ICC after she saw Arthas dead and revived by Val'kyr... It's a canon novel [Edge of Night] and once in-game again revived by the Val'kyr thanks to Godfrey's betrayal and killed her. All those Val'kyr are in Shadowlands to take Sylvanas place eternally.
    It's why she went to Helya since her Val'kyr is seriously running low and are the answer to raising more Forsaken so losing more Val'kyr is a literal "nope".
    It's why Sylvanas goes after Eyir, why Genn said about "stealing her future" as Eyir can at least make golden Val'kyr (as she does in Halls of Valor with the boss Hyjra)... notice how Eyir's skin near the lantern was turning blue like the undead Val'kyr of Arthas <that Sylvanas befriended and revived her>.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-13 at 10:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The Third Death has to be Azeroth's death.

By your logic, Magni and our Heart of Azeroth may be corrupted. So, for Azeroth, the first death was the Sundering 10k years ago. The second Death was the Shattering at Cataclysm, and the third death will be once we fail to seal the wound using said Heart (as it is corrupted) And then the Old gods will re-emerge.
    Ever since the creation and shaping of Azeroth by the Pantheon It/She has always been corrupted. Technically She is that said Sleeping Titan when awakened will wreak havoc and destroy the whole WoW multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What if this is Teldrassil? The Horde burn it. Maybe N'zoth will corrupt it somehow. It is in the sea, after all. He uses what's left of the World Tree to bring himself to full power.
    You know, that might be right. The world tree in Broken Isles was corrupted by the Old Gods thanks to Xavius switching sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Ever since the creation and shaping of Azeroth by the Pantheon It/She has always been corrupted. Technically She is that said Sleeping Titan when awakened will wreak havoc and destroy the whole WoW multiverse.
    There's been no confirmation that she will only wreak havoc, Azeroth will only do that from either being in constant pain and under stress thanks to shit like being wounded by Sargeras or the Old Gods successfully corrupted her, ordered by the Void Lords. Even they might eventually just fuck off their minions and take Azeroth since places like the Etherael homes felt a pin prick level of power of the Void Lords and suffered massively.

It's why we PC's are fighting against everything trying to sully Azeroth, because she in fact, has a chance to be good and pure. Eonar sensed that too and why she urged her fellow Titans to find and protect her. Just Sargeras sort to pervert Azeroth to destroy all life and deprive the Void lords substances to corrupt entirely to wipe it out. No host, no parasite.
    Otherwise, do you not think that with the Eredar being able to travel the universe, we'd all not hop on a fucking ship and get as far away from Azeroth as possible... because living on completely evil planet is a not wise choice. You's want to run. Staying is only logical if there's a real chance to avoid the planet being evil, because being inherently evil without input means any input is totally pointless and meaningless.

Argus is the Unmaker and the one to destroy the world outright which Mythic setting of the Argus raid encounter, Sargeras tries to do through Argus. And when that shit fails, he stabs Azeroth to turn her as much as he did his messing up shit to Argus.

Azeroth is just the strongest Titan in the universe, and why the Light, the Void and the neutral party of Titans both chaotic and good want Azeroth. To tip the balance to their cause.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-13 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Y i do hope that burning down teldrassil has something to do with the connection of the eworld trees with the emerald dream/nightmare. And although i am not a Sylvanas fan then why would she waste her bazooka weapon to fire off a tree (apart from it being an icon for the nelfs it doesnt provide her with some kind of leverage in a war).
    And then i can't stop wondering if the torches refer to the world trees instead of the pillars (i mean nothing has happened around the tomb or at least we are not aware of it leaving hastily for argus). So y, world trees have something to do with the emerald nightmare and the invasion of nzoth , and the boy king is already played by the old gods as well (he will offer the lies so he will not try to convince us about something but maybe reproduce the false info). But I cannot but wonder that Wrathion has something to do with these lies especially after his appearance in the alliance embassy.

- - - Updated - - -

The soil of Ungoro appears to carry a hint of the special qualities of Ungoro itself in that it is exceptionally fertile and chock full of life-granting essence. Azerite could conceivably be tainted by Old God influence or essence, but that would have to be an external circumstance - in its default state it is just the highly energetic and powerful Arcane essence of Azeroth herself, the same substance that once filled the Well of Eternity.
    There is also the fact that Ilgynoth has taken over a world tree in emerald dream version of ungoro. intriguing

Never trust a minion of the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    isn't there supposed to be an unnamed world tree in a version of ungoro as well ?
    Not really known. There's the corrupted and infested Tree that Il'gynoth occupies in the Nightmare version of Un'goro, but it has no physical world analog (and it's location in Un'goro is occupied by Fire Plume Ridge). A World Tree may have once resided here before Fire Plume Ridge came into being, or perhaps would have existed in the primal version of the world represented by the true Emerald Dream.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Never trust a minion of the Old Gods.
    That's just the kind of thing a minion of an Old God would say to trick us into looking the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just the kind of thing a minion of an Old God would say to trick us into looking the other way.
    Nah, they want us to be confused and doubting everything, easier to corrupt that way. He's not wrong, trusting Old God minions is a bad idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

#10 could simply be the Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, they want us to be confused and doubting everything, easier to corrupt that way. He's not wrong, trusting Old God minions is a bad idea.
    Yes, and telling us to doubt their words is another way to spread confusion and doubt. It works in all directions.

My forum title is only a coincidence!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My forum title is only a coincidence!
    Just reread my post.

Why do I keep seeing that meme that Azeroth is corrupted?

The pre-7.3 scenario outright states that Azeroth is fine and just has some bad dreamies and a slight arrythmia.

Same with the mental gymnastics that the "third death line" refers to Sylvanas, as if she has become a different person when she died.