Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Hah why would Genn want to attack the Undercity? Hmm I dont know...
    In response to THE BURNING OF TELDRASSIL. The quote literally says that. Plus Sylvanas raids his city, uses the plague on his people, and murders his son. How is that even a question in your mind?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    In response to THE BURNING OF TELDRASSIL. The quote literally says that. Plus Sylvanas raids his city, uses the plague on his people, and murders his son. How is that even a question in your mind?
    Yeah it says exactly that. Which is the whole reason i said they specifically left out the word Horde. It's a pretty easy concept to understand. It adds speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yeah it says exactly that. Which is the whole reason i said they specifically left out the word Horde. It's a pretty easy concept to understand. It adds speculation.
    I highly doubt that he went into a live interview and explicitly decided to have left that out. This was not a written press release, it was some guys asking a dev who doesn't usually do interviews some questions. Reading into it is silly, but if that is what keeps Sylvanas as a good guy in your eyes, fine, we'll just wait for beta.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post

What actually caused the Horde to attack the elves is anyone's guess though, I'm guessing old gods.
    why it's pretty simple, sylvanas has been pissed by graymane time and time again and atm the one who saved the dog hide were non other than the nelfs, anyone who played gilneas lvl 1-15 know how much they helped.

Also teldrassil is a relatively easy target, reinforcement from stormwind would take age to come, the elf don't have a strong navy and that is my speculation Malfurion is probably away doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Pretty sure the war started in Stormheim when the humans/dog humans tried to murder the Warchief.
    I mean, if you ignore all the shit Sylvanas and the forsaken did in Lordaeron, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    So why would the alliance assault the Horde city of Undercity in response do the destruction of Teldrassil and Darnassus?
    Because it's where their warchief's seat of power is, it is a direct threat to a reclaimed Gilneas and by removing Undercity the Alliance can take relative control of the Eastern Kingdoms, because Quel'thalas is ill-suited to launching attacks due to it's isolation beyond mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    What actually caused the Horde to attack the elves is anyone's guess though, I'm guessing old gods.
    The pictures from the panel heavily imply that Teldrassil had a massive amount of Azerite embedded in it. The obvious guess is that Sylvanas either didn't want the Night Elves/Alliance to have access to that, or that she thought by burning Teldrassil down she could then harvest large quantities of it. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Bitter much? Although things are different now you know that in the first Warcraft game the Horde were the actual bad guys right? The Alliance are now led by Anduin, who up until this point has generally been a pacifist, why would he suddenly escalate a war he never believed in?
    Bitter about what exactly? I don't even play horde. I just know predictable boring bad story telling when I see it. Also for those that actually follow lore, Anduins father was recently killed indirectly because of the horde withdrawal at broken shore and one of his main advisors is a horde hating war monger, so it would be VERY EASY to write alliance as the aggressors in this conflict, but Blizzard won't.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because it's where their warchief's seat of power is, it is a direct threat to a reclaimed Gilneas and by removing Undercity the Alliance can take relative control of the Eastern Kingdoms, because Quel'thalas is ill-suited to launching attacks due to it's isolation beyond mountains.
    So you're acknowledging the Horde is behind the burning of Teldrassil. Wonderful, someone rational.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, if you ignore all the shit Sylvanas and the forsaken did in Lordaeron, sure.
    The shit from the last war? Yeah, that's not the start of this war.

Having the Horde start the war would be the stupidest writing ever from Bliz, completely ignoring what has gone on previous and all the statements they have made about how the Horde is currently weak, not exactly united and needing to rebuild after having gone through a major civil war, while at the same time saying that the Alliance is the strong, united one, and are the defacto superpower of the setting.

The Horde know it. The Alliance know it. Under those circumstances there is only one faction that could be the aggressor.

But it is entirely likely that Blizz is going to forget it and make the Horde the aggressors anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I would guess that yes, they do, but its accidental. I think Feasel's 'discovered Plutonium' comment during the intro will be spot on.
    Otherwise one of the factions will be lead by a villain - and that just wouldn't feel good.
    This will be it. The purpose, impact and potential of Azerite will come with Silithus and will bleed into the pre-patch. That's a certainty. My hope is the above is true in how it plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Bitter about what exactly? I don't even play horde. I just know predictable boring bad story telling when I see it. Also for those that actually follow lore, Anduins father was recently killed indirectly because of the horde withdrawal at broken shore and one of his main advisors is a horde hating war monger, so it would be VERY EASY to write alliance as the aggressors in this conflict, but Blizzard won't.
    Anduin thought that Garrosh could be redeemed even after being at his trial and seeing the atrocities he committed, and this is all after Garrosh broke every bone in his body and almost killed him during the events of MoP. During his, trial Anduin becomes Garrosh's confidant even though everyone else disagrees. Violence is a final resort for Anduin, he did not react during legion when Greymane was goading him, he is not gonna start now. It goes against his character to turn him into a warmonger that strikes first, they aren't going to do to him what they did to Jaina because that would be cliche and repetitive story telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

I'm glad someone mentioned the Furbolg, what will happen to them? Will the tribes in Teldrassil just be wiped out? Along with all the other native species? I'm guessing the Horde will just wipe out the rest of the Furbolg across Kalimdor too, don't really see them being friends.

they aren't going to do to him what they did to Jaina because that would be cliche and repetitive story telling.
    In comparison to the cliche and repetitive storyline of the old peace loving horde leader being replaced by a warmongering horde leader that strikes at their enemy without real provocation? This horde versus alliance conflict needs a real shake up if it's to even start approaching something resembling an interesting storyline.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

7+ Year Old Account
    They have been getting shit on by us for them always having the horde start everything.

There has to be a twist to this, dont think they can give us to much without big spoilers. Im waiting till 7 3 5 or the new book
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I would guess that yes, they do, but its accidental. I think Feasel's 'discovered Plutonium' comment during the intro will be spot on.
    Otherwise one of the factions will be lead by a villain - and that just wouldn't feel good.
    "woops we accidentally a war"

Well hey it could be worse you know the old gods and the void lords and the naga could be plotting our deaths while we accidentally our war. No big though, we'll get the Order Halls to take care of that shit.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    In comparison to the cliche and repetitive storyline of the old peace loving horde leader being replaced by a warmongering horde leader that strikes at their enemy without real provocation? This horde versus alliance conflict needs a real shake up if it's to even start approaching something resembling an interesting storyline.
    Not sure what was cliche about that? The story flowed and changed, you said it yourself, from peace loving Thrall to aggressive Garrosh, not sure what your point was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

It's going to be wrathgate 2.0 based off the preview of the new novel introducing a new faction of undead who don't like sylvanas in undercity. Bet they burn the tree. I think Sylvanas has made it really clear she doesn't give a crap about Kelimdor and just wnats to kill the human kingdoms for corpses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    It's going to be wrathgate 2.0 based off the preview of the new novel introducing a new faction of undead who don't like sylvanas in undercity. Bet they burn the tree. I think Sylvanas has made it really clear she doesn't give a crap about Kelimdor and just wnats to kill the human kingdoms for corpses.
    “The hurr durr killing muh humans” needs to die. Honestly if this is all she cares about in your words, what incentive is there for her to be warchief? No other race will get on board with her doing this

This more to this than a small glimpse of what a few leaked pages say
    #TeamSylvanas

Not sure what was cliche about that? The story flowed and changed, you said it yourself, from peace loving Thrall to aggressive Garrosh, not sure what your point was here.
    That it's repetitive as shit as we're going from peace loving voljin to aggressive sylvanus. It's not hard to see the similarities, or in this case an almost cut and paste when you're actually trying.

Likely have something to do with Azerite. Teldrassil may have a lot of them and Sylvanas just wants to prevent the AA from having access to it.

All these theories about Sylvanas trying to save Azeroth by burning down Teldrassil is just dumb. The AA is full of people who are more sensitive and in tune about the issue than her.