Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silithus... I think

Grinding scourgestones in the GY by Uther's tomb in WPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was in EPL. Was farming Arcane Crystals to get gold for epic mount and killing mobs along the way
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I've forgotten, reaching max level didn't feel particularly special. Getting a skill to 99 in RS was far more special and you'd do that many times before being max. More likely than not it was wpl or epl because I didn't do any wintersaber or silithus grinds until leveling was done but I farmed a whole lot of scourgestones because I enjoyed the zones.

I was in Felwood

Oct 1st 2005, 20:30
    Close to the southern cavern east of Everlook/Winterspring.
    The one you are heading towards when leaving the path before it heads down towards the gorge.

And: Yes you could get to 60 being absolutely clueless about spec/keybinds and gear.

It took 17d 22h 21m 31s with lots of grinding for gold and prof materials.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2017-11-13 at 08:34 PM.

not sure if it was Silithus or Winterspring. I think it was one of those. I remember liking Kalimdor better than EK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winterspring if memory serves. Some giants in a canyon maybe?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a whole year to go from lvl 1 to lvl 40 in Vanilla. I used to explore a lot, engage in world pvp (and die a lot, obviously), play around with friends...

Everything was new for me, so i didnt give a shit for leveling and end game content. I just wanted to feel as if i were part of that world.

Also, back then i had a girlfriend (pretty possessive btw), was in a very rigorous school and used to play sports every day and drink a lot on weekends, so i didn't have much time for wow.

I finally hit 60 a few months after TBC launch, in Hellfire Peninsula.

Ahhh, those were the days !!
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-11-13 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    WPL. One of those undead farms. Grinded mobs to finish the level. Good times!

I was a keyboard turner at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Shy'rotam
    That's the one! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    WPL. One of those undead farms. Grinded mobs to finish the level. Good times!

I was a keyboard turner at the time.
    Same! Was the one with the spectres.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

EPL not sure what i was doing, but as a mage it would have involved eating between every kill...

EPL, right after healing an instance (Scholo or Strat, don't remember). I respecced holy at 58, so leveled to 60 in instance parties.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

My first 60, a tauren shaman, dinged 60 grinding the furbolgs in Winterspring. Split my time from ~56 to 60 grinding those, and the undead at the westernmost farm in WPL. GOTTA GET THOSE SCOURGESTONES.

western plague lands near andorhal grinded the last 3 levels by killing bears and undead , and then went to find groups to do a dungeon for superior blue gear m but groups fell apart when de tank dc'd and didnt came back after the 2nd boss , greatest day of my life in vanilla xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quest turn in in Silitus.

Hellfire Peninsula, didnt start playing until BC. Hit 70 in Netherstorm, still my favorite zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Are you honestly claiming you met 3 year olds that levelled to 60 during vanilla?

And no, my position is that I'm surprised that so many people remember where they dinged 60. I got a ton of memories from fun things I did with my friends, and memorable events and random things, just not very many from exactly where I was when doing boring ass grinds.

And your position seems to be that 3 year olds, who are just about cognitively able to know their name and differentiate colors, are able to level a toon to 60 in vanilla. But I really am going to need clarification on that one, because it just sounds way too implausible.
    Yes, I knew of several toddlers (3-5) who played in vanilla. The guild I was in had many families that shared accounts and had a character for each child. They were awful players, had their parents tell them what to do, but they played.

Wintersprings. Killing moonkins in this round cave up to the north.