Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't see why people don't mention shaman as a class for the Zandalari trolls.
    The shaman tier 15 is clearly inspired on the Zandalari. Same for the hidden enhancement artifact skin.
    It's pretty obvious they have something with shamanism.

I'd be SO upset if they can't be Shamans, cause the reason why I created my shaman back in MoP was the Zandalari. I've been dreaming since then to play as one.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really understand why raptor would be the travel form.

that seems like it should be the feral form...
    I don't get this. It's not called 'Feral Form'. It's called 'Cat Form'. Now Blizzard can change that but they have never even suggested its vague possibility.

The fact that Zandalari are even getting druids is a shock to me, though, so for now I'm just watching. Best not to jump to assumptions that these druids are somehow going to change everything that druids have done for over a decade just because of Zandalari.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafarps View Post
    I don't see why people don't mention shaman as a class for the Zandalari trolls.
    The shaman tier 15 is clearly inspired on the Zandalari. Same for the hidden enhancement artifact skin.

I'd be SO upset if they can't be Shamans, cause the reason why I created my shaman back in MoP was the Zandalari. I've been dreaming since then to play as one.
    The odds of Zandalari trolls not getting shaman is about equivalent with the possibility of lightforged draenei getting warlocks. So rest easy friend, Zandalari shaman, hunters, and warriors are virtually guaranteed for 100% likelihood.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    With Zandalari trolls becoming a playable Allied Race in BFA it led me to a question: What druid forms will they be getting?

I am hoping that playable Zandalari will be receiving Dinosaur themed druid forms. We've seen Zandalari Dinomancers spread across Pandaria, specifically Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder. They would fit the lore because there are indeed dinosaur Loa's, which, as far as I know, are similar to Wild Gods in Troll culture. We see the Highmountain Tauren Bear and Cat forms featuring antlers, so I don't see why the playable Zandalari cant get a special treatment.

Zandalari Dinosaur Druid form concepts:

Bear Form: Triceratops
    Cat Form: Velociraptor
    Moonkin Form: Lightly feathered Moonkin with scaly under-skin
    Water Form: Mesosaurus
    Flight Form: Pterodactyl
    Travel Form: Tiny swift raptor???

I just thought it would be a fun idea, Ive always wanted to play a Dinomancer. Let me know what you all think!
    I think it's close but it needs a little refinement. I say go full tang on it.

Bear Form: Mastodon
    Travel Form: Triceratops
    Cat Form: Saber Toothed Tiger
    Moonkin Form: Tyrannosaurus
    Water Form: Dragonzo--- erm Mesosaurus

I worry about ppl getting hopes up.

Ghost raptor is already in game as a glyph. I think some gold plated or armored bears and cats is infinately more likely
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    GUYS. IT JUST OCCURED TO ME WITH THE OLD INCARNATION GIVING DRUIDS ARMOR (which i hope we get back, it was badass), will zandalari get their own style armor for it? One can only dream
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I think it's close but it needs a little refinement. I say go full tang on it.

Bear Form: Mastodon
    Travel Form: Triceratops
    Cat Form: Saber Toothed Tiger
    Moonkin Form: Tyrannosaurus
    Water Form: Dragonzo--- erm Mesosaurus
    Refinement? You are suggesting Moonkin (A spellcasting form) be....a T-rex? As hilarious as a dinosaur flailing those tiny arms to throw Wraths at people is i really have to ask how much you thought this through?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Refinement? You are suggesting Moonkin (A spellcasting form) be....a T-rex? As hilarious as a dinosaur flailing those tiny arms to throw Wraths at people is i really have to ask how much you thought this through?
    That's exactly what I pictured, a T-rex swinging his arms in circles with his giant ass tail swaying around sporadically haha.

I think people are confusing dino-themed forms and dino forms. Dino-themed forms are a given, be it scales, horns, Zandalari armour etc, but completely different dinosaur models that don't use cat/bear/moonkin skeletons are extremely unlikely. Travel/flying/aquatic can be completely different because all they need to do is run/fly/swim, but feral and guardian all have animations tied to the cat/bear skeleton, which I doubt they would change for 1 race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafarps View Post

Zandalari shaman should be a "no-brainer" like priest or warrior for them. There are elementalists in Zul'Drak too after all. There is no reason to NOT give that class to Zandies.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Honestly a decent argument could be made for Zandalari being able to play pretty much every class from vanilla easily. Shaman are honestly the most likely of them all. I'd put more money on them lacking warriors then shaman. Really the 3 exceptions are:
    - Death Knights: I severely doubt the Lich king even ran into Zandalari never mind raising them as Death Knights.
    -Monks: Possible but unlikely. The Zandalari waged a relentless war with the Pandaren alongside the Mogu in the distant past and their animosity is still very much alive today. As of current the sole source of modern monkism are Pandaren trainers and I don't see them being too open to mentorship here.
    - Demon Hunters: Well no shit?

Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the main forms will be dinos? -_-" All the current races use bear/cat/moonkin with some variations. Bear and cat also have unique animations tied to them. I don't see how Zandalari would be different. They will have dino flight, aquatic and travel forms. Their cat and bear will very likely still be cat and bear. I can already see a lot of disappointed people.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-12 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the main forms will be dinos? -_-" All the current races use bear/cat/moonkin with some variations. Bear and cat also have unique animations tied to them. I don't see how Zandalari would be different. They will have dino travel flight and travel forms. Their cat and bear will very likely still be cat and bear. I can already see a lot of disappointed people.
    I think most people will be satisfied if they make unique Zandalari themed cat/bear models different than the current troll forms. Not so much if they go the Highmountain route and just give them the exact same models with one minor change.

Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the main forms will be dinos? -_-" All the current races use bear/cat/moonkin with some variations. Bear and cat also have unique animations tied to them. I don't see how Zandalari would be different. They will have dino flight, aquatic and travel forms. Their cat and bear will very likely still be cat and bear. I can already see a lot of disappointed people.
    People think that because of Dinomancers in the game. Would it not seem weird if the Zandalari Trolls suddenly abandoned Dinomancy and started worshipping Ursoc and Ashemane? Doesn't make much sense to me lore-wise unless they shoehorn something in about Druids from the Horde teaching them the ways of their Wild God worship.
    Last edited by Kalvir; 2017-11-12 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    People think that because of Dinomancers in the game. Would it not seem weird if the Zandalari Trolls suddenly abandoned Dinomancy and started worshipping Ursoc and Ashemane? Doesn't make much sense to me lore-wise unless they shoehorn something in about Druids from the Horde teaching them the ways of their Wild God worship.
    Trolls already worship Wild Gods, they just call them Loa, they are one and the same. And there's plenty of Troll-exclusive cat and bear Loa to choose from.

Didn't read everything, don't know if this has been said but I think at most we will get tigers; Don't zandalar have something with tigers?

We know travel form is a raptor, flight will likely be a terodactyl or whatever they call them in WoW. Aquatic is likely to stay a sea lion because fuck underwater stuff nobody cares.

As for the offensive forms, no chance they'll get something completely brand new. Cat will just be scaly or spiky with tusks, bear will be similar. Highly doubt they'll get anymore than the standard racial variations of bear/cat/moonkin we see today.

Having said that, if they make Feral less cancer to play and give Zandalari some sick dinosaur feral form I'm all over it hah
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-11-13 at 04:31 PM.

I just think a Zandalar Moonkin makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I just think a Zandalar Moonkin makes no sense.
    Moonkin makes no sense for any race except the night elf anyway. The class is heavily night elf centric for obvious reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember Blizzard responding to the same question in regards to Worgen druids and Troll druids. People were asking for "wolf form" to replace "cat form" for Worgen.

Blizzard (essentially) said that regardless of race, druid forms would remain bears, cats, moonkin due to their connection to those animals in nature.

While it's refreshing Zandalari druids will be raptors for Travel Form... I doubt they will get other forms other than a bear and cat, or even a moonkin!

At the very least, you can probably expect their "flight form" being one of those pterrorwings (skyscreamers, whatever) but don't expect direhorn tanks or raptor melee DPS.

I can't confirm this- but I heard somewhere that people on the show floor saw that cat form had been renamed to "Shapeshift Form," implying that we may see things other than cat. I do not know if this is true or not- but if other people heard the same thing I did, it could be causing certain conclusions to be drawn.

Blizzard definitely DID say, however, that Zandalari travel form will be a raptor, and that the allied races will get "their own druid forms."