10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    As of right now, the Browns would have the #1 and #7 picks in the draft. I feel sorry for whoever they end up drafting.
    Wasn't there a rumour that if the Browns ended up with a high pick again that Sam Darnold would consider staying in school for another year?

I can definitely imagine doing that if I were in his position. He's going to get drafted and drafted pretty high regardless of coming out this year or next. Might as well take the route that lessens your chance to end up at the worst organization in professional sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wasn't there a rumour that if the Browns ended up with a high pick again that Sam Darnold would consider staying in school for another year?

I can definitely imagine doing that if I were in his position. He's going to get drafted and drafted pretty high regardless of coming out this year or next. Might as well take the route that lessens your chance to end up at the worst organization in professional sports.
    It is nonsensical because the Browns have a high pick every year.

10+ Year Old Account

Hes another overrated USC QB. He'd be doing the Browns a favor.

It won't matter what year he goes out, the Browns won't be good. Best anyone can do is tell the teams they won't play for them and hope they don't pick them.

Just based on what Darnold has done stat wise this year (I have no idea who he is), I don't see why he would be a top 10 pick to begin with. Throwing a pick in 8 of 11 games, while in a conference that doesn't play defense, seems like a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sam Darnold is one of those guys that needs a good OLine to function, last year they kept him clean and he was great, this year he's getting beat up and stinkin'. Since high drafting teams usually have a shit OLine, its problematic taking him. With talent around him he can be a successful QB, but he doesn't transform an offense like Watson did.

Jared Goff makes a good comparison, look at rookie Goff with no talent around him on offense, and look at Goff this year with an actual line and receivers, night and day, Darnold can flourish or flounder in much the same way.
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-11-14 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It won't matter what year he goes out, the Browns won't be good. Best anyone can do is tell the teams they won't play for them and hope they don't pick them.

Just based on what Darnold has done stat wise this year (I have no idea who he is), I don't see why he would be a top 10 pick to begin with. Throwing a pick in 8 of 11 games, while in a conference that doesn't play defense, seems like a problem.
    Played above expectations and had a few highlight throws last season, got hyped up, really shit the bed to start this season but is turning around a bit.

Plus yea, the PAC12 is incredibly weak atm.

That hit the ground, I'd be surprised if it were upheld an interception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit Gruden has been awful this season. Maybe Tirico kept him on a leash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Holy shit Gruden has been awful this season. Maybe Tirico kept him on a leash.
    I've not had audio on for Monday night games in weeks. Surprisingly nice to watch games that way if it;s not your team playing. Just look over every so often to see a play happen or a replay and you can keep up with the game fairly well.

I'm not learning about all the GREAT players on the Dolphins and Panthers, but I'll live with that.

In other news, this game is about going as expected. Miami is another one of those "not quite" teams. Not outright bad, but they can't keep up with actual good teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhhh, I didn;t know that. Next Monday should be a good Monday night football game. Falcons-Seahawks.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, maybe I should have said "Miami is bad and they should feel bad"

Looks like the Panthers are snacking on some tuna fish tonight. Turnover by Cutler leads into points and then them going for it on 4th down midfield and missing that badly, another 7.

lol spoke too soon.
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2017-11-14 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Panthers could pull Newton form the game since they're ahead by a lot and Miami is bad, that would be greaaaat

- - - Updated - - -

or not. blaaah

Caaaaaaaaam!

Suh better be careful, or he'll find himself ejected again
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2017-11-14 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami is basically getting run over. Not exactly sure how they got 4 wins this season. They beat the Falcons? HOW?

I'm not complaining they beat the Falcons at all. With the bye week next week, I hope Seattle destroys Atlanta and Washington beats the Saints. Not likely though. I see Carolina taking a Wild Card this year, but could be a real dangerous team in the playoffs.

Carolina seems to have like two games in a row that they dominate, then the one after that they play like ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, maybe I should have said "Miami is bad and they should feel bad"
    They've already been shutout twice, gonna be really funny if the Patriots defense can shut them out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love garbage time. How are the Dolphins 4-4 again?

LMAO, how the fuck do you draw a penalty and fuck up victory formation?

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Gotta love garbage time. How are the Dolphins 4-4 again?
    Because they are better than half the teams on their schedule. There are a lot of garbage teams right now. 9 of the AFC teams are 3 or 4 win teams. Broncos, Colts and Bengals all somehow have 3 wins and they all can't get out of their own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They've already been shutout twice, gonna be really funny if the Patriots defense can shut them out.
    Patriots defense has been getting better. They look to be doing what they did last year, allow a ton of yards, but get better and better at not allowing points as the year progresses. Last 5 games they've kept teams at 17 points or less. That's hard to do even for good defenses. Beatwriter tweeted that Seahawks haven't done that since 2014 and Broncos not since 2009. Not saying they are suddenly the best defense in the league, but they are starting to get in to a form that you need for deep playoff runs.

Which is a good thing, cause Patriots are on the road 5 weeks out of the next 6 (starting this past weekend). With loud opponent friendly stadiums it will help a LOT if the score can be kept reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account