Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I always maintain that they should stick to the pathfinder system but allow you to get flying at your own pace. If I've completed every quest in every zone, done all the extra things to do there and spent hours upon hours running around on foot and seen everything there is to see, what reason have I got to not fly?

I'll admit I love flying and I totally understand why they don't want people flying over all the content skipping everything they've worked so hard creating just to get to the quest objective without experiencing the world. But once you've done that over and over, adding a "Part 2" activator achievement you can't get until some arbitrary patch later on is just stupid tbh. Once I've seen everything, I should be able to choose how I want to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yea. They misinformed us about flying two times in a row. Who would believe them after that?
    They didnt misinform me at all.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I always maintain that they should stick to the pathfinder system but allow you to get flying at your own pace. If I've completed every quest in every zone, done all the extra things to do there and spent hours upon hours running around on foot and seen everything there is to see, what reason have I got to not fly?

I'll admit I love flying and I totally understand why they don't want people flying over all the content skipping everything they've worked so hard creating just to get to the quest objective without experiencing the world. But once you've done that over and over, adding a "Part 2" activator achievement you can't get until some arbitrary patch later on is just stupid tbh. Once I've seen everything, I should be able to choose how I want to experience it.
    That is why i have hopes for flying in BfA with the first content patch and no catch to it. If they add new zones i have no problem them being ground mount only (if they are small like TI) or to add another pathfinderpart for unlocking flight in the new regions (if they are big enough), after you get that pathfinder addition done which probably would expect you to see everything on foot.

I look forward to the subsequent 800 page thread detailing both (a) how bad flying is and (b) how taking flying away is "stealing" from players.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    That is why i have hopes for flying in BfA with the first content patch and no catch to it. If they add new zones i have no problem them being ground mount only (if they are small like TI) or to add another pathfinderpart for unlocking flight in the new regions (if they are big enough), after you get that pathfinder addition done which probably would expect you to see everything on foot.
    Exactly, what's wrong with "Explore all these areas and complete all these quests" achievements and once you've got that you can fly in those areas. I've never understood the whole "You've seen everything but now we're going to make you wait". It's just annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares, WoW blows now and has laughable sub numbers. No one plays this garbage anymore. This website has more users than Legion and WoD combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    Coming from the person who starts blatent racism posts and you tell me this? Ok buddy. The title is clickbait. Says no flying then the quote says its going to be like WoD and legion where you "unlock" flying. Wod and legion both didnt have flying at launch so this comes at no surprise
    Maybe you need to open your eyes and learn to read because the title doesn't just say "No Flying In Battle For Azeroth," it says "No Flying in 8.0." "in 8.0" makes it a completely valid title because he says in his post that they are not going to have flying initially in the game, ie in the first 1 or two major patch cycles.

And second, where or when have I posted "blatant racism posts?" I think you need to come out of your delusional world and back to reality bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yea. They misinformed us about flying two times in a row. Who would believe them after that?
    Wrong.

They have been completely transparent with how flying is working and how its going to work in future expansions. Get your head out of the sand bud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wrong.

They have been completely transparent with how flying is working and how its going to work in future expansions. Get your head out of the sand bud.
    Wrong.

You might have forgotten that they said before WoD "flying will be in WoD but not at lunch. The plan is to bring it in shortly after" at a time where Tanaan was suppose to be in the release version. Later they said "Flying will come with the first patch". They did a whole lot of "dragging the subject out to extreme" before they finally confessed in an interview on a third party website that they want to cut it out of the game.

Did you forget about that, or simply ignored it in order to be able to pretend it never happened?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Maybe you need to open your eyes and learn to read because the title doesn't just say "No Flying In Battle For Azeroth," it says "No Flying in 8.0." "in 8.0" makes it a completely valid title because he says in his post that they are not going to have flying initially in the game, ie in the first 1 or two major patch cycles.
    it is a little clickbatie. You say it is confirmed that flying won't be in in 8.0. But that in fact is nowhere to be confirmed. Blizzard even said that all those conditions are subject to be tweaked. What makes you sure it won't be in the game in 8.0? Blizzard doesn't state that. Sure they will probably drag it out, but i see nothing "confirmed" here.
    Last edited by mmoc4d4e0f36a6; 2017-11-13 at 05:03 PM.

As if there was ever any doubt about that.

At first I wanted to make a comment how to no-fly-retards are terrible and how flying-now-crowd is trying to get close to that, but as it appears the thread was started by the former, so I guess the fly-now-crowd will get some verbal abuse another time.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-13 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They didnt misinform me at all.
    -Flying will be delayed a little bit - same as LFR gating
    -Flying will be unlocked in 6.1
    -Ups, guys, we going to completely remove flying from game
    -Ok, half of playerbase has quit and we have legal obligations, cuz we've sold flying mounts in shop, so since now it will be "Master content on a ground - get flying". In WOD we implement Pathfinder retroactively, that's why it includes whole xpack's ground content.
    -Legion will be the same, as WOD, i.e. you will have to do Pathfinder to unlock flying
    -Pathfinder will unlock LEGION flying
    -Flying will be relevant after it's release for at least half of xpack - new content patches will be released with flying enabled
    -We meant LITERALLY the same, as WOD - i.e. return of flying in arbitrary future patch and only we will decide, when to release it, lol
    -It was "bad timing" - it wasn't us, who intentionally delayed release of flying for so long
    -Did we say "Master content on a ground - get flying" and "Pathfinder will unlock Legion flying"? Nah, we've never said, that we will never implement separate no-flying-forever locations.
    -BFA will be the same, as Legion

So, "Same, as Legion" isn't enough for me. Set SOLID DATE, exact amount of hoops to jump through, Pathfinder will have, and amount of actual content, we will have after release of flying, where flying will be relevant. I would never pre-order BFA without this information. Pathfinder better to be completable in 8.0, i.e. no arbitrary Part 2. I don't want to buy pig in a sack, sorry.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-11-14 at 05:42 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Pathfinder works for me. Run the content through from beginning to end on my main. It’s a nice balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Part of what made Suramar possibly the best questing experience in WoW was doing it all from the ground. Meredil felt like an outpost in the wilds. Hunting for the leyline cave entrances felt like an accomplishment. Getting in and out of the Faronaar tunnels felt like a dungeon crawl. Suramar City felt huge and expansive, and dangerous on the ground.

That's why this is excellent news
    I partially disagree. Questing in Suramar was interesting. The mask and the guards was a nice change. However, Suramar layout was terrible.

Terrible news it makes no sense at all. Especially if it applies to all the zones, even the old ones. We go to another planet, defeat the most powerful enemy to date, and what is the reward? We can't fly any more on our home world for some nonsensical reason. Getting flying was an integral part of the Burning Crusade expansion. and now we lose it? Ridiculous! If it was only the new islands, I could live with that as long as we're not grounded for a lesser time than in Legion and not at all in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. You would think they would have learned from the massive protests prior to this but maybe they haven't.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    oh great another boring shit expansion i wont need to bother with until we can fly

Your Ganking world PVP is dead now with the Toggle Option. What exactly was your argument for no flying ? ah right u dont have one

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Who cares, WoW blows now and has laughable sub numbers. No one plays this garbage anymore. This website has more users than Legion and WoD combined.
    This one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read. Sub numbers are at least 5 million. do 5 million people come to this website? No way.

There are people in the game doing world quests, invasion points, dungeons, and all the other things 24/7. The only time there is nobody playing is during maintenance downtime.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Fine by me. The only part of legion i hate no fliying was broken shore.

I'm glad they're going to continue with the pathfinder system. God forbid people have to actually play the game to unlock it's rewards. Props to Blizzard for not caving in to the raging man children on the forums demanding flying at launch.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Great and welcome news. Ian confirmed during a Blizzcon interview that flying will not be available in Battle for Azeroth at launch. Furthermore, Blizzard will continue with this approach for the foreseeable future in subsequent expansions.

https://youtu.be/DkdTS_8Y61Q?t=37m

Paraphrase of Ion's quote from the link above:

Its great to see Blizzard continue to acknowledge / listen to the community - and not cave in to a small minority of outspoken and melodramatic players who wouldnt know whats good for the game if it hit them in the face - in agreeing that World of Warcraft is a game best played and experienced on the ground. Its as simple as that.

Thankyou, Blizzard.

I think the biggest Flying lesson learnt from Legion is: the better the content, the lesser we need flying and ppl even care about it. The weaker the content (Warlords of Draenor) the more people will be frustrated and bored and grasp at things to complain about andor ways to skip content.

If Battle for Legions content is as strong as Legions (or better) - we can hopefully get away with having no flying for even longer this time round.
    I keep waiting for all the new threads that say something like "No Flying on Classic Servers Confirmed" with lots of crying and whining.

What Blizzard do now - misinform us to keep some hope, that flying will be released sooner, just to "change their mind" at some point, when it's way too late, cuz they already have our money at that point, and try to delay it as much, as possible, and make it as irrelevant, as possible. This should be stopped. Exact conditions, required to unlock flying, including time, needed to do it, and amount of content, it will be relevant in - should be known for sure in advance.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I keep waiting for all the new threads that say something like "No Flying on Classic Servers Confirmed" with lots of crying and whining.
    i would love to see anyone... bright enough to ask for flying in classic. Besides that flying does NOT belong to classic, the world in classic was not meant to be seen from above and for the most part not ready for flight.

Asking for flight in classic would be utterly stupid... mildly said.