Now that the novel has been pushed back to mid June I wouldn't expect a release before september at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Now that the novel has been pushed back to mid June I wouldn't expect a release before september at least.
    1 month delay, not that awful.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Did you guys read the theory about Anduin burning down Teldrassil from yesterday (I am assuming yes.) Well Christie Golden just responded to some guy on Twitter who enjoys the character growth we've seen from Anduin.

"What Blizzard chose to do with Anduin is very exciting, and I'm happy to have been a key player in it. Who knows who we'll see grow up as the years pass? Great times to be officially on board!"

I don't feel like Anduin growing up to become King and wielder of the Light is very 'exciting'. It's cool and all, but it's just the path he was always on. To me, her tweet seems to suggest something bigger in store for him. "What Blizzard chose to do [...]". IDK, it fits with the evil Anduin theory that is all.
    I dunno. Never expected him to lead an army into battle personally. He definitely grew up just not everyone likes him.

Besides context of the tweet seems to hint at other characters in the future not Anduin. That's a lot more interesting. Who else hasn't grown up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I dunno. Never expected him to lead an army into battle personally. He definitely grew up just not everyone likes him.

Besides context of the tweet seems to hint at other characters in the future not Anduin. That's a lot more interesting. Who else hasn't grown up yet?
    Oh no. Durak confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    .... scroll the fuck up fam. They CONFIRMED. We aren't getting another warfront at launch. Why do you think I am doom and gloom? They aren't playing the hand close to the chest because they aren't ready to show things. They are playing it close to the chest because they have LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.
    damn you hater, we dont even have reached alpha status and you - by looking to much into butter - already know what will be in the game by launch

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if i'm wrong, i'm wrong, but i feel pretty good about the chances of them showing up before the expansion. even if it's just a month before and you have to preorder to get them early, like DH.
    yes they show up in the pre-xpack-patch which is NOT 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    July is more likely than November.
    HAHAHAHA, no its not seeing that we dont have reached alpha status yet, so november is more likely then summer (plus looking at previous release month)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    damn you hater, we dont even have reached alpha status and you - by looking to much into butter - already know what will be in the game by launch

- - - Updated - - -

yes they show up in the pre-xpack-patch which is NOT 7.3.5.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAHA, no its not seeing that we dont have reached alpha status yet, so november is more likely then summer (plus looking at previous release month)
    You people cant use logic at all can you. Its obvious the game is further along than Legion was, and will have less to test this time.

Deleted
    . Its obvious the game is further along than Legion was, and will have less to test this time.
    You cant use logic at all can you?
    a raid should last ~6 month, then there is that we still get legion pvp season 6 AND 7, and than there is the fact a beta (which starts AFTER alpha when the game is not as fuckuped as wod) last ~6month to be polished and lastly there is the fact that blizzard themself said they hope for release before 2018 is over.
    (dont forgot it takes ~11-12 after xpack announement)
    If after this all you believe a july release is possible your not an optimist but an delusionilst

and please link your source that the game is further along than legion cause after what they showed at blizzcon I dont belive you!

It has a better chance of releasing in May than December of the same year. Imo. May isn't happening though because of book. December isn't either. Would be the worst content drought in history. June-October all very possible, I just think July is the most likely personally. November could happen but I'd probably quit the game for good if it did.
    If they launch in May with what was shown at Blizzcon it's going to be a fucking disaster or a god damn miracle because they really didn't show much.

He even keeps using the plural during the same interview they said there is only going to be one. And he didn't even say "we have one for launch", he explicitly said "for this expnasion pack." - Yeah, I bet half the WoW dev team doesn't even know what Warfronts are or what they are supposed to be.

Deleted
    Did you guys read the theory about Anduin burning down Teldrassil from yesterday (I am assuming yes.) Well Christie Golden just responded to some guy on Twitter who enjoys the character growth we've seen from Anduin.

"What Blizzard chose to do with Anduin is very exciting, and I'm happy to have been a key player in it. Who knows who we'll see grow up as the years pass? Great times to be officially on board!"

I don't feel like Anduin growing up to become King and wielder of the Light is very 'exciting'. It's cool and all, but it's just the path he was always on. To me, her tweet seems to suggest something bigger in store for him. "What Blizzard chose to do [...]". IDK, it fits with the evil Anduin theory that is all.
    That might be the worst theory I've read so far.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

That will never happen. And you're basing the whole "exciting" part of it on what you personally feel is exciting, there's no way to realistically connect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    You cant use logic at all can you?
    a raid should last ~6 month, then there is that we still get legion pvp season 6 AND 7, and than there is the fact a beta (which starts AFTER alpha when the game is not as fuckuped as wod) last ~6month to be polished and lastly there is the fact that blizzard themself said they hope for release before 2018 is over.
    (dont forgot it takes ~11-12 after xpack announement)
    If after this all you believe a july release is possible your not an optimist but an delusionilst

and please link your source that the game is further along than legion cause after what they showed at blizzcon I dont belive you!
    You didn't read anything I said. If the expansion comes out in November or later it will be the biggest gap the game has EVER seen. The entire testing phase alpha-launch lasts 4-7 months. You can call the blizzcon build for legion alpha all you want, but proper alpha/beta started in Feb. Even assuming a 7 month real beta thats still August-September. They literally are not doing hardly anything new this time. Do you know why Legion testing was so long? Because they had to test every class revamp of which BFA has none. They had to test 36 artifacts of which BFA has the heart system which seems to be massively paired down. They had to test an entire new class. They had to test 12 class halls and all their individual missions of which BFA has none. They had to test 12 class campaigns of which BFA has only the horde/alliance campaign.

As for knowing how done the zones are 2 are literally close to done. 4 are very far along art wise, but I suppose its possible some areas of those zones could be unfinished. They showed a lot of every zone in videos. We only saw 2 dungeons, but never saw any for Legion. Its just very VERY Obvious they are further along, and even assuming they are at the same spot Legion was at when it had its blizzcon, they have none of the new things Legion had to test. It would be bad if they took as long as Legion took considering BFA has much less new features. Not saying its bad, but the whole point of less new features should be to release sooner. If they take until Q4 we might as well have had more features added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    If they launch in May with what was shown at Blizzcon it's going to be a fucking disaster or a god damn miracle because they really didn't show much.
    I agree it wont. Book confirms that. I do think prepatch will release within 1 month of the book though. Tell me how you think it will take them a year from now to release BFA taking everything I just said into consideration.

People are assuming the worst because blizzard has disappointed us every time. They ignore all of the evidence supporting an earlier release this time. Its not even like a July release is abnormal. You can count months from reveal to release all you want, but simply compare how long it took them to release past expansions and you find an obvious trend that holds a lot more water than a silly announce date.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    1 month delay, not that awful.
    Illidan was releases 4.5 months ahead of Legion, War Crimes 6 months ahead of WoD. I'd say we have at least 4 months between Before the Storm and BfA so it's October or later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Illidan was releases 4.5 months ahead of Legion, War Crimes 6 months ahead of WoD. I'd say we have at least 4 months between Before the Storm and BfA so it's October or later.
    That's not necessarily true. Other novels in the past have been closer to their expansion's release.

The Shattering came out two months before Cataclysm, and Tides of War one month before Mists of Pandaria.

I agree it wont. Book confirms that. I do think prepatch will release within 1 month of the book though. Tell me how you think it will take them a year from now to release BFA taking everything I just said into consideration.

People are assuming the worst because blizzard has disappointed us every time. They ignore all of the evidence supporting an earlier release this time. Its not even like a July release is abnormal. You can count months from reveal to release all you want, but simply compare how long it took them to release past expansions and you find an obvious trend that holds a lot more water than a silly announce date.
    There is ZERO evidence for an earlier release. I can´t read it anymore. "They are going to release it sooner this time!", this has been said after MoP, after WoD and people are still saying it now. It is not going to happen. MoP lasted 26 months. Legion will last 26 months+ as well. I already said it a million times, MoP and Legion share many similarities when it comes to content and "dates". All the evidence we have "now" has been there during MoP and nothing changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Other novels in the past have been closer to their expansion's release.

The Shattering came out two months before Cataclysm, and Tides of War one month before Mists of Pandaria.
    You're right but if we go by that we can just take the average duration of final tiers and we come to Oct/Nov release as well. There won't be a Summer release, if we're lucky it will be Fall.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-11-14 at 09:39 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Dunno why people like the nightborne. They acted like cowards in WotA hiding behind their shield while the young from Suramar like Malfurion, Tyrande, Jarod, Illidan went to fight the legion. If I am a veteran from the war I would have no respect for them like at all.
    The now-Nightborne actually fought against Azshara, according to Chronicle, and Legion already made it clear that the shield was a reaction to the perceived end of the world.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Why do people still believe in summer releases? We never had one and we will probably never get one either.

Deleted
    You didn't read anything I said. If the expansion comes out in November or later it will be the biggest gap the game has EVER seen.
    This is wrong because you imply between now and the bfa xpac release that nothing will happen on the patch front which is WRONG. So no, a november release AINT the biggest content gap ever.
    The entire testing phase alpha-launch lasts 4-7 months.
    so you can now predict the future, awsome! any stock predictions you can give too? /s otherwise: only a fool uses the past to predict the future.
    They literally are not doing hardly anything new this time.
    And here you are applying for todays arm-chair-developer-position....
    As for knowing how done the zones are 2 are literally close to done. Its just very VERY Obvious they are further along...
    again with the false predictions - I am saving this for now to laugh at you in July 2018 (and again at gamescon 2018 when we get the release date)
    Tell me how you think it will take them a year from now to release BFA taking everything I just said into consideration.
    Again? when you dont listen to reason or Blizzard themself? Nope, not trying that again.
    People are assuming the worst because blizzard has disappointed us every time.
    Sorry but with the exception of WOD I was never disappointed by Blizzard....
    You can count months from reveal to release all you want,
    Oh when you count from release to next release thats okay but when people counter you with announcement to release they are stupid, ok....

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    The team is hoping to start beta early next year.
    The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launched in 2018.
    But as you know blizzards internals better then themself mayhaps you should apply for a job there
    Last edited by mmoc9b6e6339ec; 2017-11-14 at 10:09 AM. Reason: someone fix my spelling for me, wheres my Igor when I need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Why do people still believe in summer releases? We never had one and we will probably never get one either.
    ... Legion???

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There is ZERO evidence for an earlier release. I can´t read it anymore. "They are going to release it sooner this time!", this has been said after MoP, after WoD and people are still saying it now. It is not going to happen. MoP lasted 26 months. Legion will last 26 months+ as well. I already said it a million times, MoP and Legion share many similarities when it comes to content and "dates". All the evidence we have "now" has been there during MoP and nothing changed.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right but if we go by that we can just take the average duration of final tiers and we come to Oct/Nov release as well. There won't be a Summer release, if we're lucky it will be Fall.
    To be fair, September is summer.

It's why Legion's preliminary release date was "On or before September 21st", and ended up launching on August 30th. They gave themselves up until the very last day of summer as a window. I think we'll see a similar situation with Battle for Azeroth, and we'll probably know when preorders opened.

Incidentally, this old thread is kind of funny to read. Almost identical reactions as the "late 2018" date for BfA. People just couldn't believe it could be that late in the year, and then was.

5+ Year Old Account
    to those arguing over release dates what will be will will be no amount of froum quarrels can change what blizz is doing breathe relax take a chill pill i myself am more interested if horde are getting special class dino druids are Alii getting the dark iron special class? can never figure out if its a shaman or a mage geo mage? not sure
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce