Poll: I want the new servers ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To be honest, people wanted classic, they should keep it there.

Personal preference would be to slow it down compared to how it was, 1 year pr. tier.

ppl wanted servers of previous expansions.. not only vanilla servers.. i'd love to play the shit out of vanilla ofc, but i'd rather play tbc/wrath

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piens View Post
    i find it very hilarious to read, that people want to progress vanilla > tbc > wotlk. why dont you just play damn game as it is rn instead? Or you either play only vanilla - what you was asking for, or you play current wow. Why people want to have two wows at the same time
    Many people actually wanted TBC or WotLK as they consider those versions superior.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep existing servers classic, but allow option for TBC transfer if they plan to go further expansions.

Don't force TBC on everyone.

And then when they release Wotlk Server, give TBC/Classic option to transfer there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    ppl wanted servers of previous expansions.. not only vanilla servers.. i'd love to play the shit out of vanilla ofc, but i'd rather play tbc/wrath
    Well, classic was chanted the loudest, as you see.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, classic was chanted the loudest, as you see.
    thats because it was the beginning.. its cooler to start from the beginning.. and it makes more sense

doesnt mean that we shouldnt be able to progress further on to TBC etc.

Deleted
    Rolling servers, with a reset every 18 months. Every four to six months they open a new server, when the earlier ones are being patched with content. Then, after Naxx has been out for six months, so around the 18 month point, the server is closed, characters, mounts, titles can be transferred to retail or archived in some fashion. So you'd have multiple servers, all at different stages of progression, with a definite end date. This allows new players to get in on the ground floor while also introducing an incentive for top-level content to be cleared ASAP. I think you need some sort of goal to try to get people playing with a sense of urgency.

Of course, the downside may be that players won't roll on a server that they know is going to be closed in 3 months, so towards the end it'll just be the established server community trying to clear Naxx, or trying to get Grand Marshal, but I think that's better than the alternative, where there's no particular incentive to do things quickly because the server will stretch on forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    thats because it was the beginning.. its cooler to start from the beginning.. and it makes more sense

doesnt mean that we shouldnt be able to progress further on to TBC etc.
    Blizzard shouldn't be expected to run a secondary outdated launch line of their franchise, nor would I expect it. People were already thrown a bone by getting classic. Blizzard tried offering their pristine offer but apparently wasn't as popular as 'VANILLAAAAAH' / 'NOS'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Blizzard shouldn't be expected to run a secondary outdated launch line of their franchise, nor would I expect it. People were already thrown a bone by getting classic. Blizzard tried offering their pristine offer but apparently wasn't as popular as 'VANILLAAAAAH' / 'NOS'.
    Ye, people wanting too much, and always will be the ones that cry the loudest. I want vanilla, but i want TBC, but he want WOTLK. Guess what guys, none cares

you realize that pristine bs is a joke? ofc no one wanted that shit

its not what we should expect, its what would make the most sense.. ppl werent expecting vanilla either even tho it was making alot of sense to release it(and they did).. so why wouldnt ppl ask for more? why shouldnt they?

idiots were asking to change the game forever and blizzard listened to alot of shit and changed the game completely so ppl that liked previous expansion stopped playing completely..
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-11-14 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    It should progress to WoD and then stop there.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Classic has barely been announced and yet already we get all these demands for TBC/WotLK etc?

I suggest focussing on seeing whether Classic is viable before trying to see if there is also space for expansions. I can't really see a business case for running multiple versions of legacy servers. As it is already I think that the real demand for Classic is a lot smaller than most people wanting it would like to believe. I say this because Blizzard would have to be pretty daft to release Classic if they thought it was going to be a serious threat for proper WoW.

I see Classic filling two niches:
    1) For a small but fairly determined bunch of Vanilla fans
    2) As a minor distraction for a larger group of players who will check it out for nostalgia/interest' sake during gaps between expansions of mainstream WoW.

If they create TBC and Wrath Classic servers all it will do is divide the Classic community and result in a bunch of configurations, none of which is really sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Rolling servers, with a reset every 18 months. Every four to six months they open a new server, when the earlier ones are being patched with content. Then, after Naxx has been out for six months, so around the 18 month point, the server is closed, characters, mounts, titles can be transferred to retail or archived in some fashion. So you'd have multiple servers, all at different stages of progression, with a definite end date. This allows new players to get in on the ground floor while also introducing an incentive for top-level content to be cleared ASAP. I think you need some sort of goal to try to get people playing with a sense of urgency.
    Sort of like overlapping Diablo 3 seasons? If they'd add in some currency for completing certain goals/milestones, there's a lot of potential for cool (cosmetic) rewards. Killing raid bosses (bosses from higher tiers give more), killing dungeon bosses, completing quests and a lot of other things could reward varying amounts of currency that can be used to buy mounts/pets/toys/titles etc.