Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vote Count:

A-sayo(3): Largehorn (#113), Virothe (#145), Danner (#145)
    Kryllian(3): Graeham (#143), listo (#153), A-sayo (#154)
    Largehorn(2): Reticence (#125), Valyrian (#132)
    Valyrian(1): Kryllian (#114)

Not voting (1): Cruelle

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 2:

Shipping story. Interesting. There is a message there I think. Extract the first letter in any names?

Last week David Ambrose and his partner Nina Nachos decided to buy their troubled family a lie detector robot that slaps people when they lie.
    Upon activation everything seemed fine at first. Then the children came home. David asked his son Earl what he had been up to. Earl replied he had been doing his homework. The Robot promptly slapped Earl! To which he then said he had been watching a movie. His father pressed him as to which movie he had watched. Earl said Toy Story and was promptly slapped! Earl admitted it was Big Jugs in the Jungle! David was shocked to the core and promptly told his son at 14 he had never watched such filth! David was then slapped! Nina laughed stating he was certainly his fathers son. The Robot then slapped Nina! Davids youngest son Roy exclaimed but Mommy loves Daddy! The robot then slapped Roy! Mr Ambrose will be returning his faulty robot to the store to pay for his divorce lawyers.

In other news it looks like a storm is brewing for our Town, The coast guard has been put on alert. The Shipping Forecast:Gibraltar, Ulm. Southeast veering southwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later. Thundery showers. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.Ipswich,London. Northeast 3 or 4. Occasional rain. Moderate or poor.Thames,Yarmouth. North 7 to severe gale 9. Heavy snow showers. Good, becoming poor in showers.
    DANN DEEEETSEBJJDDNNDRRA GUILTY.

Possibly the names Earl and Robot make the last two letters of my name, but I cannot make the pattern. Also not sure where the movie names come in. Given that I heard the slap joke before, I'm not sure I should put much into that entire section. But I suspect it is trying to say that I am guilty?

I suspect someone want to frame me. Good thing for me this was posted on N1. It's not like any actual cops would have had results at this point. I wouldn't put too much into it, but I am admittedly biased.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

First of all I should apology, @Danner...I really sound like a true evil mastermind reading this wall of text. I don't think I will be able to compete that, yet I'll try to cross-examinate your analysis.
    Warning : I'm too lazy to swap the mmo-c timezone to ET (US).

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    #29/#30 is certainly a hint of alignment confirmation post hiring
    Nope, at this point nothing was done yet, I received the "Hire invite" around 4AM ET (US), day 10 (right before #43). The invite was officially accepted 15 minutes later (feel free to add that testimony when reviewing the thread, see warning).

but it goes against your claim that he approached you after post #29.
    See above.

From Crackleslap's perspective, he would need to make some sort of communication to make himself known - because he would know you wouldn't know who he is. And I believe post #30 or #43 is it; but I am not sure which it is or how.
    I cannot speak for him. But I know that I didn't know who he was at this time (only S.U.S.P.E.C.T.E.D. - I insist because it seems to fall on blind ears). I agree - upon reading A.G.A.I.N. - that #43 can be considered a signal of who he is.

Either way, this entire chain is kinda worthless as alignment verification given that Crackle was the one that flipped, not you, and crackle per his card didn't know your alignment yet. In fact, #45 is almost confirmation on the opposite here. For me, that post feels like you told Crackle your alignment in a roundabout way so that he could play accordingly.
    At #45, it was just a tease from #29 #30 (friendly reminder, I was still at the state of S.U.S.P.I.C.I.O.N). Not a single secret password was given intentionally.

At the very least, I am convinced you had some sort of communication through theses posts. Like verifying yourselves through some special words or something. At the very least I am convinced crackleslap read it that way!
    Maybe he did, but I wasn't sending him any secret hidden code. Not. A. Single. One.

And then you vote off Crackleslap in #60. Before his claim. If you had him pegged as your new aide at this point, my immediate read is that you tried to position yourself on the wagon. A town player would try to save him because of what you describe as "an opportunity" in your posts today; but you played to the plausable deniability at this point. I could understand why you would vote him after his claim, as he would literally claim he isn't the person who you hired. But before? After your communication? Not so much.
    See above. He may still be under suspicion of being the freelancer, it didn't mean he really was. The train was pushing on him, so I helped until he made his claim.

By #68 you vouch for Crackle as town. Even though you knew he was lying about his claim at this point. That is not town play. This post alone is enough for me to vote for you. But it gets worse.
    See above. He may still be under suspicion of being the freelancer, it didn't mean he really was. Before you say "BUT YOU HAD TO KNOW AT THIS POINT"....No. I didn't know.

You also claim Listo is the Editor, a read I can't argue with. He did play the editor part in his readers replies.

Skip to day 2. You affirm Listo is town... through tracking. This seems pointless to me; if you really thought he is the editor, that suggests to me he is town already. It's not a position you would want to flail about if it turns out the newspaper desk is filled with mafians or something.
    I'll quote myself #130 : [...]To me, the fact he didn't visit anyone means he either has a role which doesn't involve visiting people at night or he is a Godfather. ==> Did I affirm he was a town ? I said he didn't visit anyone. I'm a detective/tracker (call that w/e you'd like. The rolecard I was given is detective), not a cop.
    A job isn't necessarly what you think it means. Cf. the Time-themed game where you couldn't get an affiliation out of the rolename.
    Media manipulating the people is a common tactic used countless time in Human history.

Per #118 you acknowledge that you hired Crackleslap, after Virothe had dug that out. I don't see why this is info you needed to hold back at all after Crackleslap was dead.
    (I think Listo found/guessed that first ? Too lazy to check T.H.A.T.)
    Point answered in #140. He was dead before he could even do anything (except fake claiming). Who cares of my behaviour against him. Hell, I can tell for certain he couldn't hug his cat ! A pointless information to share and discuss. Promess, next time I see my cat purring and asking for food then I'll let you know ( = example of useless information which doesn't help in any way in our case, unless it is a Phoenix Wright kindof case).

Except for the fact that it goes against your D1 play of voting for him, that is.

Next, you claim you did the post of
    "Readers, Fans, Mother,
    Tonight will be the beginning of the unfolding of the Truth. The Truth behind the mysterious disappearances of kittens in the Town. A new guy was interesting in my job and wanted to help...I learned at the end of the day that he died with an apple in his mouth. Lone wolf curse all the way. Tracking Honeymoon for this night. This person seems...Familiar.
    The Chinese Bulldog." - Anonymous

This does lead credence to your claim of tracker. But it is also a big fat contradiction to what you said earlier. If you thought Listo was the editor; why would you post in the paper that you are tracking him specifically?
    What...am I supposed to do with this power then ? Tell the awesome story of Banana the yellow fruit ? I used this ability as a "Last Will"-like power. If I die, at least my work will still be accessible to the people alive. For example, supposing I didn't tell you the Listo target and result in N1 and I happened to die on N2, you'd still, N.O.R.M.A.L.L.Y, be able to read my actions through there. WOAH ! Before you even say that it is Bullshit. I know it is doable. In fact, tomorrow's message is already written.

I mean, you're not doing that in open words or anything. But why risk that kind of cat and mouse game when you could say just about anything?
    ........See my previous rant #128 where I give you on a golden plate what I've done.

If you thought List was some sort of editor, it stands that he has some say on what goes into the paper or not. Why give him a heads up that you are targeting him in some tracking game?
    Answer in post where he asks me WHY I targetted him on N1 : Why did I track you ? Gotta start somewhere in N1. (yes...that's my answer...). Yes, I chose him for no Godlike reason. I chose Pikachu.

In short, I do not believe this motivation. This is contradictory. That's two black marks.

There was one more thing which irks me. But I forgot.
    Hopefully not another wall of text, fingers hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...Maybe the reason of my behaviour with Crackle is that I was giving indication on whether I was a Mafia or a Town ? That explains everything !
    Wait...I think I just said I wasn't given him any information through any secret code.

Aaaah btw...No, I didn't have a QT with him where we could chitchat together. He was to be my client from N1, but...You know what happened, you put the apple in his mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be around for an hour or 2...then I'm heading to bed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Okay, This I can work with, A-sayo.
    You see, I try to put myself into the heads of the players when analyzing them. If I cannot understand their thought process, then something is amiss.
    Sure, thought processes do not have to always make sense. But they exists for a reason. And your thought processes is the primary means of establishing just what you knew about Crackle, whether you were playing for a town win, or whether you were playing for a scum win. I maintain that your thought process suggest you played for a scum win.

Claim: Crackleslap approached you with the offer just prior to post #43. You had read it and replied by #45, and by that point already suspected it was Crackleslap who made the offer.

Let's assume this is how it is then. That means I will ignore post #29/#30 mostly as the banter you say it is.

If I was in Crackle's shoes, my first thought after setting up an offer would be to establish some communication with my new teammate.
    I certifiably see communication from crackleslap in #43. He is literally asking you for your alignment.
    Your post #45 isn't exactly standing the test of hindsight in that regard.

It is plausible that this isn't the kind of communication I think it is. You argue as much in your post above. It isn't likely you knew that he was literally asking you for your alignment.
    But - how much did you really know at this point? Did you even know the role name Freelancer?

From above, you suspected it was Crackle that made the offer, at the point of post #45. So what did you do to confirm that suspicion? This is the conversation between the two of you.

#43: Crackleslap: "A-sayo m8, back me up here! You're good right?"
    #45: A-sayo: "Never said I was good. "
    #46: Crackleslap: "Shit boy, I thought you had my back! "
    #60: A-sayo: "vote Crackleslap. Kitten image"

If you suspect he is the one that made you the offer, why vote for him? That makes no remote sense.
    Understanding your thought patterns here is what makes me remove my vote on you. Nothing else.

#62: Crackleslap: "Guys I'm a one time vigilante...."
    #63: A-sayo: "Got Crackle's claim out of it. He's a baddie Town, but a town nonetheless."

Why is he town at this point? What did you learn that makes this so certain?
    Because he isn't the one that made you the offer? What happened to that suspicion at this point?
    And why are you so certain he isn't lying scum at this point?

My read is that at this point:
    - Crackleslap was thinking like a scum, because of post #45.
    - You were thinking like a scum, confirming your teammate.

--

Claim: You tracked Listo without much planning.

This is actually believable. As you are annoyed with having to counter me with - few people play at mastermind levels all the time. But again, the issue is what went through your mind when choosing that target. I do not understand it. Understanding it is what makes me remove my vote.

Like you, I read Listo as some sort of editor per his posts on D1. And like you, I pegged him as town for that reason. It's not really a position you want to flaunt if it turns out the scum of this game is the editing desk of the daily newspaper. I do not believe that is the case. So I lean Listo being town. I'm not sure I buy the editor read anymore, but my lean is still town.

Given that I assume you think Listo was likely town after D1, why pick him for tracking? Literally anyone else would have been a more likely choice to nail a hitman, than your town read, no?

--

As for the third issue, I seriously can't remember. It was something about your assumptions on something related to scum. I really wish I could re-find it.

--

Unrelated to all this, I can confirm I got a message in my QT that I do not wish to talk about further.
    Assuming this will be fine to deal with after dusk. Do talk about it if that isn't the case.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main question to ask about that message is this Danner. Is it an interview via Large? Or is it something we haven't seen yet?

- - - Updated - - -

But you did mention you didn't want to talk about it so hopefully it appears in the paper or something!

Deleted
    Shipping story. Interesting. There is a message there I think. Extract the first letter in any names?

DANN DEEEETSEBJJDDNNDRRA GUILTY.

Possibly the names Earl and Robot make the last two letters of my name, but I cannot make the pattern. Also not sure where the movie names come in. Given that I heard the slap joke before, I'm not sure I should put much into that entire section. But I suspect it is trying to say that I am guilty?

I suspect someone want to frame me. Good thing for me this was posted on N1. It's not like any actual cops would have had results at this point. I wouldn't put too much into it, but I am admittedly biased.
    That certainly points the finger firmly in your direction. Here is my main worries:

What if you framed yourself? If your mafia and you just framed yourself, your trying to by a pass so no one questions you later in the game thinking you couldn't possibly be mafia because they tried to frame you. Its very convenient that you happened to solve the code about yourself.

Can I ask how you know the order of the night actions. How do you know when the results and news articles are submitted and taken? Is it because you write your own column?

On the other side of the coin so to speak:

What if you have been framed though? It would seem to suggest that we can't actually assume the newspaper has any particular alignment and might have articles from both Town or Mafia or that Mafia can change an article. We won't know till who ever claims the last article I guess.

So far today we have pressured two people and got two claims, I notice Kryll 3 A-sayo 3 Large 2 Val 1.

I won't vote A-sayo because I am very paranoid about Danner being on his train, Large seems town to me just a gut feel I think. Kryll not really around and Vals vote on day one while the two leading trains were on 5-5 to no one with out any votes to supposedly start a new train in the second half of the game day, doesn't sit well with me especially as it was just vote Listo and nothing else. And then there's Danner.

oh balls got a meeting to go to guys be back in a couple of hours. ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Danner stuff
    I'm definitely keeping note of the message. The 2 ways I see this are someone framing Danner or its a possible cop with a weird mechanic. I think the only real way to learn anything from that column would be for the next paper to come out and see if we find another hidden message.

- - - Updated - - -

Also leaving for a bit, will make sure I'm back before deadline if we need to get a lynch off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    What if you framed yourself? If your mafia and you just framed yourself, your trying to by a pass so no one questions you later in the game thinking you couldn't possibly be mafia because they tried to frame you. Its very convenient that you happened to solve the code about yourself.
    I spotted the GUILTY first by looking at town names in the shipping report. Didn't even consider it to be a code until you mentioned it.
    Then I decided to do the same on the full article. Didn't like where it was heading after DA NN, I must admit.

Can I ask how you know the order of the night actions. How do you know when the results and news articles are submitted and taken? Is it because you write your own column?
    Negative. I do not write anything in the newspaper. This is not about the order of night actions. This is about a cop getting a result before dawn, then adding that to the newspaper in the form of a cipher, also before dawn. That is my defence of why this is a frame job.

I could also argue "because it is false", but that's not really going anywhere, is it?

What if you have been framed though? It would seem to suggest that we can't actually assume the newspaper has any particular alignment and might have articles from both Town or Mafia or that Mafia can change an article. We won't know till who ever claims the last article I guess.
    This is my understanding.
    I believe A-sayo is scum at this point, and he undeniably wrote in the newspaper per his own admission.
    I also believe Listo is town at this point, and I cannot imagine anyone but him writing that joke of the day.
    Whether Largehorn is scum or not I cannot say (leaning town though!), but he obviously wrote the Reticence interview.

No clue who wrote the "wuh wuh" message.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I'm definitely keeping note of the message. The 2 ways I see this are someone framing Danner or its a possible cop with a weird mechanic. I think the only real way to learn anything from that column would be for the next paper to come out and see if we find another hidden message.
    At this point though, another "hidden" message is going to appear in tomorrow's paper. Either because it's someone messing with us or because it's actually someone's mechanic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm here and just heading to work. I did catch up yesterday and had nothing useful to add plus I took a long nap yesterday to catch up on sleep.

then 3 pages were added while I was sleeping overnight. I'll read them when I get to work and see if there's anything useful to speak on other than people voting me.

2.5 hours until the deadline.

Considering A-sayo is voting the alternative train, I am very loathe to switch to secure a lynch.

Rither we no-lynch which I guess won't be the choice, or we lynch me, just so you can all be sure of who I am, or we get one of the 2 trains (namely Kryllian or Large). Cruelle has a good feeling about Large....but Kryllian is much less likely to be picked since he didn't have the time to explain himself yet.

We have no time to start another train....so, up to you now.

(off to bed 3 hours later than I wanted to but oh well, I'm going to be smashed at work. :<)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    No clue who wrote the "wuh wuh" message.
    I know who it is, not saying just yet just in case its tpr.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: A-Sayo

L2.

Voting Kryll would be a shot in the dark but I would change to him if needed. Really would have liked to vote Val he needs 4 more though in less than 2 hours probably no going to get that many on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Danner - Your analysis of the capital letters is interesting and at first glance would appear to be an investigation result or a framing. However you seemed to cherry pick which capitalized letters you included in your analysis. For example "The Robot" is capitalized two out of three times it appears but you didn't consider those in your analysis. if there is a point to the capitalization then that would stand out to me as intentional. Otherwise, I'd think the writer didn't really intend for any hidden message and the whole thing is just for fun.

I do agree though that the last paragraph seemed like gibberish to me and the fact the cities spell out "Guilty" is interesting and seems almost intentional. However would you have even looked at it if A-Sayo (I think it was him) hadn't talked about capitalizing letters in his post?

Last week David Ambrose and his partner Nina Nachos decided to buy their troubled family a lie detector robot that slaps people when they lie.

Upon activation everything seemed fine at first. Then the children came home. David asked his son Earl what he had been up to. Earl replied he had been doing his homework. The Robot promptly slapped Earl! To which he then said he had been watching a movie. His father pressed him as to which movie he had watched. Earl said Toy Story and was promptly slapped! Earl admitted it was Big Jugs in the Jungle! David was shocked to the core and promptly told his son at 14 he had never watched such filth! David was then slapped! Nina laughed stating he was certainly his fathers son. The Robot then slapped Nina! Davids youngest son Roy exclaimed but Mommy loves Daddy! The robot then slapped Roy! Mr Ambrose will be returning his faulty robot to the store to pay for his divorce lawyers.

In other news it looks like a storm is brewing for our Town, The coast guard has been put on alert. The Shipping Forecast:Gibraltar, Ulm. Southeast veering southwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later. Thundery showers. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.Ipswich,London. Northeast 3 or 4. Occasional rain. Moderate or poor.Thames,Yarmouth. North 7 to severe gale 9. Heavy snow showers. Good, becoming poor in showers

Using a different method of only highlighting the capital letters that aren't the first word in a sentence we do get "Danner" at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Danner - Your analysis of the capital letters is interesting and at first glance would appear to be an investigation result or a framing. However you seemed to cherry pick which capitalized letters you included in your analysis. For example "The Robot" is capitalized two out of three times it appears but you didn't consider those in your analysis. if there is a point to the capitalization then that would stand out to me as intentional. Otherwise, I'd think the writer didn't really intend for any hidden message and the whole thing is just for fun.

I do agree though that the last paragraph seemed like gibberish to me and the fact the cities spell out "Guilty" is interesting and seems almost intentional. However would you have even looked at it if A-Sayo (I think it was him) hadn't talked about capitalizing letters in his post?
    I was influenced by Cruelle's post #158 looking at the letters and trying to convert those to numbers. It seemed like a fun challenge to see if there was something there, so I decided to look at capital letters too. My first permutation was to skip all the capitalized letters not part of a name. For me it was definitively cruelle that put me in the right direction. I wouldn't even have considered it to be some sort of code without Cruelle prompting it first.

The shipping names gave me GUILTY. I was onto something.

Then I did the same in the previous section, and got DANN and a bunch of nonsense letters. But very likely E and R as well. I know my name when I see it. Did not appreciate where that was heading, but better to share than not. So I did.

I skipped Robot because it wasn't a name. I also skipped Shipping Forecast. But I think it was clear what the intended message was - definitively DANNER.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Cruelle: In retrospect, your accusations of me framing myself doesn't sit well with me considering this entire code thing was your idea. I didn't even realize in my last reply to you.

Deleted
    .@Cruelle: In retrospect, your accusations of me framing myself doesn't sit well with me considering this entire code thing was your idea. I didn't even realize in my last reply to you.
    I don't think so. A-sayo tried to code his message, it made sense to me others would do the same. I didn't crack the message Danner, you did. That's why I was suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

1 hour left

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm obviously not going to vote for myself and since my attempt to get votes on Val is going no where my only real "choice" at this point is A-sayo. So consider my vote there unless something magically appears and incriminates someone else in the next 30 min to change my mind.

unvote

Deleted
    30 minutes left need 2 more votes

7+ Year Old Account
    Vote A-Sayo

The shipping names gave me GUILTY. I was onto something.

Then I did the same in the previous section, and got DANN and a bunch of nonsense letters. But very likely E and R as well. I know my name when I see it. Did not appreciate where that was heading, but better to share than not. So I did.
    It does seem a bit too coincidental to overlook, although I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

I do agree that it's unlikely to come from an actual cop; not only due to reasons that you've stated, but also because giving a cop the means to anonymously seed investigation results in the day-thread seems... pretty broken.

On the other hand, if that ability belongs to scum, I guess I would be surprised if anyone actually expected that to work.

Another third-party, perhaps?

Unvote
    Vote: A-sayo

For The Lynch™