Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Vanilla was out for 2 years and 2 months.

Quality shit post though!
    Do you think a single person got both full naxx gear and High Warlord in vanilla? I don't think so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    And less than 1% saw Naxxramas.

It must be hard to be so salty though

yea 1 % saw Naxx and we got all those 99% 'experts' on vanilla xD

Don't worry about it, you yourself will never get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    And less than 1% saw Naxxramas.

It must be hard to be so salty though
    and even more did Patchwork, the amount of guilds that died off due to that fight...

was horrendous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd1ylt88LQ0

example dps waiting 20 seconds before damaging for tank threat,

Tanks being at 10% health every 2nd hit, hunters feign deathing to drink water mid combat.

that alone will make people quit the most.
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2017-11-14 at 12:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Do you think a single person got both full naxx gear and High Warlord in vanilla? I don't think so.
    Lol what a dumb ass logic.

The top guilds also had the grinders that got the ranks, my guild had literally 90% of the rank 14s/13s on the server, everyone getting them way before Naxx was available, half of them way before AQ40 was available.

I think we had like 10-12 Rank 14s-13s in the guild?

I dont remember clearly cause they stopped using the gear, i clearly remember 2 of them at Rank 14 cause 1 was a shaman and my personal healer in BGs (I still love you Mantacore-The Maelstrom EU!) and the other was a warrior that already had the HW weapons so never really needed any other weapon only the priests/mages actually used some pieces over Naxx/AQ40 gear so after 12 years the memory is kinda fuzzy and i am pretty sure we had another 3 or so, memory is really fuzzy if they were rank 14 or 13 cause after getting the gear, they rarely used it in PvE.

Edit: According to WoWPedia we had more in the guild by Naxxramas, to around 5 Rank14s and even more Rank13s.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-14 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

The top guilds also had the grinders that got the ranks, my guild had literally 90% of the rank 14s/13s on the server, everyone getting them way before Naxx was available, half of them way before AQ40 was available.

I dont remember clearly cause they stopped using the gear, i clearly remember 2 of them at Rank 14 cause 1 was a shaman and my personal healer in BGs (I still love you Mantacore-The Maelstrom EU!) and the other was a warrior that already had the HW weapons so never really needed any other weapon only the priests/mages actually used some pieces over Naxx/AQ40 gear so after 12 years the memory is kinda fuzzy and i am pretty sure we had another 3 or so, memory is really fuzzy if they were rank 14 or 13 cause after getting the gear, they rarely used it in PvE.

Edit: According to WoWPedia we had more in the guild by Naxxramas, to around 5 Rank14s and even more Rank13s.
    Incredible how this forum is just filled to the brink with people getting rank 14, clearing Naxx, being the champion of the universe, astounding! I'm absolutely starstruck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    Incredible how this forum is just filled to the brink with people getting rank 14, clearing Naxx, being the champion of the universe, astounding! I'm absolutely starstruck!
    Here we go again..Yes, some of us <1% still roam these forums and still play WoW, its not weird, and can always prove it if needed, you kids get annoying with your fake ass vanilla comments that you know nothing about.

Vanilla was a simple game, i am sorry you never accomplished anything when it was relevant and you are butthurt about it.

P.S I never claimed to be Rank 14, i stopped at 10, PvE was more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    Just wondering - what happens when the content is cleared (yes, it will take months to gear up), and everyone is decked out in T3?
    You're thinking of it in terms of the current game's gearing theme park, and the player behavior it encourages and requires.

There's enough evidence that Vanilla is quite different, and the players intending to stay in Classic for as long as they can know this going in. It's much more likely that Classic will support emergent activities -- "I'm going to log in and hang out/mess around" versus "I'm going to log in to increase my iLevel by 0.7" -- which could become self-sustaining for those who enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    Just wondering - what happens when the content is cleared (yes, it will take months to gear up), and everyone is decked out in T3?

What are the actual plans for these servers long-term?
    Classic was a successful game, though with numerous painful and for many unbearable faults and issue (long queue times, constant d/c's etc etc). It was however, excellent compared to what was out there in the market. What made it excellent is really in the eye of the beholder.

The answer to your question, depends on their ability to recreate that feeling of excellence, using an old game, without making changes that impact that old formula or without making any changes at all.

If it isn't economically successful (not sure what ROI they expect on their money) then i think they will likely leave it as is, maintain and support the servers like they do in Diablo 2 but move development funding into other projects. Blizzard are a company who look after their players if they can, the life of Diablo 2 servers proves this even though they are not very well maintained.

If is IS economically successful then they will also announce TBC and WoTLK integrations. Both of these expansions were very successful and will likely keep the subscriptions going for those who have finished classic content or those who weren't interested in classic but would like to play WoTLK or TBC.

So if we say that Classic servers in December 2018
    TBC servers would probably come December 2020
    WoTLK servers might come December 2022

Deleted

Use some pieces over Naxx gear?
    That's funny, as the armor was ilvl 71 and the weapons where ilvl 78, hence most of it was already outstatted by BWL gear (ilvl 76 armor), vastly outstatted by AQ40 gear (up to ilvl 88) and insanely outstatted by Naxx gear (up to ilvl 92).
    Noone in their right mind used GM gear beyond halfway through AQ40, more so cause most of it was DPS-focused and plainly replaced by t2.5 sets.

But ofcourse you had your 10 r14's in guild... as long as you believe it yourself right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    example dps waiting 20 seconds before damaging for tank threat,
    Why the hell would anyone wait for threat on Patchwerk? The entire idea with Hateful Strikes is that threat is a non-issue. I only saw one case of overaggroing on that fight, and that was when our eight mages built up the biggest ignite the north had ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Use some pieces over Naxx gear?
    That's funny, as the armor was ilvl 71 and the weapons where ilvl 78, hence most of it was already outstatted by BWL gear (ilvl 76 armor), vastly outstatted by AQ40 gear (up to ilvl 88) and insanely outstatted by Naxx gear (up to ilvl 92).
    Noone in their right mind used GM gear beyond halfway through AQ40, more so cause most of it was DPS-focused and plainly replaced by t2.5 sets.

But ofcourse you had your 10 r14's in guild... as long as you believe it yourself right?
    It was Vanilla you clueless mongols, not everyone got their items out of 40 people so yes, they used some items, specifically shoulders and head for mages mostly, stop your pathetic attempt to prove smart on something you never did.

I got my hit AQ40 shoulders at like our 12th week, and my C'thun axe at your 16th kill, imagine if things actually dropped eh?
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-14 at 01:15 PM.

It was Vanilla you clueless mongols, not everyone got their items out of 40 people so yes, they used some items, specifically shoulders and head for mages mostly, stop your pathetic attempt to prove smart on something you never did.

I got my hit AQ40 shoulders at like our 12th week, and my C'thun axe at your 16th kill, imagine if things actually dropped eh?
    It's amazing just how unlucky you could get at times and some people have forgotten that or never knew to begin with. For instance, I had 4 pieces of Tier 2 and had already cleared BWL several time before I ever got my Dungeon Set 1 pants to drop. Heck by that point I didn't need the things, but I kept at it because I wanted to finish the freaking Soulforge set.

I can't even remember what weapon I was using then either because I never saw a dang thing drop for the most part and if I did I usually got out rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It's amazing just how unlucky you could get at times and some people have forgotten that or never knew to begin with. For instance, I had 4 pieces of Tier 2 and had already cleared BWL several time before I ever got my Dungeon Set 1 pants to drop. Heck by that point I didn't need the things, but I kept at it because I wanted to finish the freaking Soulforge set.

I can't even remember what weapon I was using then either because I never saw a dang thing drop for the most part and if I did I usually got out rolled.
    I used the random 2hand axe trash drop from BWL for like 7+ months because nothing else would drop, AshCandy, only once, finally got my Axe at our 16th C'thun Kill, next day Patchwerk dropped his 2hand also, i was angry

I used the random 2hand axe trash drop from BWL for like 7+ months because nothing else would drop, AshCandy, only once, finally got my Axe at our 16th C'thun Kill, next day Patchwerk dropped his 2hand also, i was angry
    Wouldn't surprise me if I wasn't using a vendor or PvP weapon of some kind. I was trying to remember the healing weapons from back then for paladins and everything I think of is just a big fat nope of never saw it.

Deleted

You are saying by the time you where in naxx40 you didnt have everyone in aq40+ gear? More so with the t2.5 tokens dropping like candy?
    You are saying you killed twin emps with GM ilvl 71 gear?
    Right, we are the clueless ones who didn't do things

Keep believing your own lies man, keep believing.

Also 16 C'thun kills? Even nihilum only killed him 6 times before Naxx40 came out, you are digging your hole deeper...
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-11-14 at 01:46 PM.

You are saying by the time you where in naxx40 you didnt have everyone in aq40+ gear? More so with the t2.5 tokens dropping like candy?
    You are saying you killed twin emps with GM ilvl 71 gear?
    Right, we are the clueless ones who didn't do things

Keep believing your own lies man, keep believing.
    Lol, adorable.

I love how you used the max item levels of the instance to fit your needs, and yet you still didnt understand the answer, adore-fucking-able, because apparently, everything dropped 92 ilvl, not 81 to 85, and everything was a C'thun in AQ40.

I am guessing i should throw the quest ring from Naxx off my bank, along with Girdle of the Mentor right or i shouldnt have sold my gear for space cause i never knew it was gonna be removed?

Big bad boy.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-14 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Lol, adorable.

I love how you used the max item levels of the instance to fit your needs, and yet you still didnt understand the answer, adore-fucking-able, because apparently, everything dropped 92 ilvl, not 81 to 85, and everything was a C'thun in AQ40.
    What is adorable is you claimed 16 c'thun kills while even Nihilum only killed him 6 times before naxx40 came out.
    But i'm done with this, no point arguing with somebody who is clearly claiming to have done way more than he ever did.

GL with your 10 r14's in guild and 16 c'thun kills man

What is adorable is you claimed 16 c'thun kills while even Nihilum only killed him 6 times before naxx40 came out.
    But i'm done with this, no point arguing with somebody who is clearly claiming to have done way more than he ever did.

GL with your 10 r14's in guild and 16 c'thun kills man
    Who claimed the 16 kills were before Naxx? Why are you claiming things out of your ass now? Oh wait, same as all Naxx dropping 92 ilvl gear right?

Cant read, can you? I claimed a mix of 10 Rank14s and Rank13 in our guild, from the server cause thats how many we had, or you could learn to read, back to first grade.

Continue, its adorable to shut you down every post with your inability to read and actual lack of vanilla knowledge
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-14 at 01:52 PM.

Maybe they should do seasons. Peple really love the 1-60 experience and the initial dungeon crawling. Once that is done alot of people get bored and start doing something else. So just start a new bunch of servers every year or so and once nax is out and most players have quit, you can merge them all and let the die hard people farm nax for however long they want to.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."