Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy. We have one cool scene where Sylvanas goes full Banshee and just insta-kills. Anduin is a bitch so naturally he starts crying and some stupid miracle occurs. Sylvanas smiles for no reason and they keep fighting. Terrific. What can we gather from this?

#1 Blizzard is really at the point where this is going to be about Azshara or not. I'd love to see it go that way quickly but let's be honest. They drag it out.
    #2 This is looking really WODish right about now. No point to anything I've seen, cosmetic updates and some boring scenarios.
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    #4 Highmountain tauren suck. Reskin. We finally get some trolls that look like jungle trolls and aren't flamingos with ugly faces. Sorry Blizzard you suck at faces. Lucio was cross-eyed on your HOTS screen for at least a month so please don't argue.
    #5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.

Well enjoy my opinion because that's all it is, if you have any doubts I'd say save your money. I just don't see any story here and Jaina Proudmoore should have committed suicide or something by now because she's fucking a dragon. Human fucks cow in WoW universe=Tauren confirmed.

I honestly feel more humor coming from this expansion than war. WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH................."WHAT THE FUCK ELSE HAVE WE BEEN DOING THE LAST 13 YEARS NOW?" FINALLY WE CAN START DEFENDING OUR PLANET EVERYONE!
    What are you talking about?
    The cinematic was dope, sure not WOTLK levels but still dope. I don't really get what you're trying to get at in this thread, you dident like the cinematic therefore we're in for WoD 2.0? WoD had arguebly one of the best cinematics in Warcraft history and still ended up like trash. Don't judge a book by its cover or lack thereof.

All your points don't even have to do with the cinematic at all, what the absolutely fuck are you on about cunt

#5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.
    I had a strong Cata vibe as well, and we know how Cata failed to live up to previous expansions. I am afraid BfA will squander the momentum and regained interest by players that Legion created.

As for the races, they are reskins without starter zones, a few quests and a new racial. Doesn't take much to create dozens of races this way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    I had a strong Cata vibe as well, and we know how Cata failed to live up to previous expansions. I am afraid BfA will squander the momentum and regained interest by players that Legion created.

As for the races, they are reskins without starter zones, a few quests and a new racial. Doesn't take much to create dozens of races this way.
    I just hope they don't make it Ashran level of ugliness.

Deleted
    Well enjoy my opinion because that's all it is.
    Here your answer for yourself.

I think it's good that we don't see the next big evil directly in the cinematic.
    It is after all exactly what happens when the expansion kicks off and is directly connected to the story we will see in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    ...It was a fantastic cinematic. I opened a thread with a poll. Over 300 people voted for Battle for Azeroth as the best expansion, only being overruled (understandingly) by Wrath of the Lich King...

Warlords of Draenor
    82 7.87%

Legion
    36 3.45% ...
    Your poll also says WoD was over twice as good as Legion and we see how that expansion turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Nothing beats wrath imo, such a masterpiece. But the new cinematic was fantastic aswell, i loved it. It really brought me back to warcraft even with the old soundtrack at the end.
    Cinematic might not show the new big baddie, but it is nice seeing that the conflict of horde and alliance will be a main part of the expansion (hopefully).

Deleted
    I really didn't like the cinematic of BfA either
    I mean sure to a pure technical standpoint it's the best one they ever did, it's extremely well done, very good animation and things like that.
    But I dunno, there's no soul in this one...

The Classic one felt epic, showing you all the races as an intro and then the battle started with a well-placed sound design effect (The gun of the dwarf)
    TBC was kinda cool, not the best one but again it showed most of what was to come in the game.
    Wrath isn't my favourite but it may be the best "script-wise", the voice-over of Terenas synchronized with Arthas downfall, the music, the colours and the rythm of it is just awesome.
    For Cata they kinda went with a similar style than Wrath's one, it felt epic, you knew you were going to have a bad time with Deathwing when you saw him destroying everything like it was nothing. Tho I feel like it was a bit too "edgy".
    MoP is my favourite one, it's very original and well done. It's just that good to me, the start with the mysterious mists all over the place, the battle between the human and the orc is very well done, and then Chen arrives and turns the whole scene into a comedy. Plus this one gives some life lessons too !
    After that we had WoD, it was pretty good, the lighs effects were amazing in this one. Plus the fact that we were seeing the past getting "changed" was pretty nice too.
    Legion then, it was alright. The characters were pretty involved in this one, the Legion attacking felt also pretty epic. Both visuals and sounds were stunning over here.

And then BfA... I don't know, but to me it just feels like battle number 321 of heroic-fantasy movie "XY". I don't see anything very original, they re-used Anduin's theme (even if it obvioulsy made sense), the colours are very bland, no real narrative, just a big scene of action between two factions.
    It's legit the first Blizzard cinematic I didn't like so it feels weird.
    But again, this is just my opinion, looks like a lot of people actually liked it, so eh xD
    Last edited by mmoc08543500fc; 2017-11-14 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    at least when we went out in full war in MoP, we had 2 expansion where we were at each other throats, in cata we were almost 1 step from full war, alliance and horde fought in almost every zone, with blessing of their leaders
    in BFA, we are just out of an expansion where we were best buddies, alliance and horde together everywhere, armies together fighting, alliance invite horde to vindicar, horde go save exodar, and so many class hall quests that make u help 'enemy' faction, in fact rogue campaign specially make alliance help horde and vice versa
    so I'm supposed to believe that we all swallowed that shit and just went out full war ? won't Liadrin hesitate at least to attack alliance? Or Arathor attack horde? Won't Turylion who was just helped end BL from horde even 'doubt' that they shouldn't go full war ? What about Broll ? Zen'tebra ? for fuck sake ANY alliance/horde leader except Genn who was acting more rogue than under control of Anduin when he harrassed the forsaken, who weren't even interested in attacking him either, just self defend
    yeah this expansion idea is horseshit, the cinematic is of course amazing quality, but story ? it is maybe even more fucked than happy pandalands, or the entire AU crap

- - - Updated - - -

It seems u ignored entire legion after broken shore, the only time an ally attack a horde in legion lorewise is worgens under Genn commands and there is zero mention that was under direct command of Anduin (leader of alliance), horde don't even show interest in attack alliance and just self defend, and check my post a little above where i state example of MANY alliance/horde champions that help each others
    Legion is first expansion we actually reach 'best buddies' lvl, then next one is open war? At least in pandalands we had 2 expansions of hostility, and in cata it was nearly open war everywhere

In Suramar The kirin tor had to step in to make sure the night/high elves dont attack the blood elves or vice versa

Class hall champions dont act in the interest of any faction thats the entire reason they formed because the alliance and horde were useless

Are you mentally challenged?

Deleted
    I wonder what it feels like to be intellectually superior to everyone around you. OP, how is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone with an opinion think it deserves it own thread ;/

I mean you make some really stupid arguments so whats the point.

My opinion is brutally honest and accurate. World of Warcraft 2004 World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth, I'm sorry they're running out of ideas. I tend to strike nerves quickly.
    Your opinion is exactly that, an opinion.
    Dolanar-

My opinion is brutally honest and accurate. World of Warcraft 2004 World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth, I'm sorry they're running out of ideas. I tend to strike nerves quickly.
    Complete willful idiocy tend to trigger people, just look at the effect trump has on the masses. Pre Knaak Azshara was awesome, post Knaak Azshara deserve to be a dungeon boss at best. Hell, if we can just kill her in a lvling questline it would be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    I love it, especially this one...

Omg I'm dying! You sir, you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wrath: again, it was 2 small war bands working together to take out the LK. They didn't really work together, it just happened. 1 attacked, the other also attacked. These were 2 people that respected each other as warriors, but that doesn't speak for the factions as a whole.
    ICC: again, not working together. They let a grieving father take his son that had been corrupted and controlled by a common enemy. Saurfang even stated at the entrance: "The paladin still lives? If we can save him it might quell the unrest between the Alli and the Horde." They were on a race to kill LK. They still took the 1st opportunity to attack each other in their airships to stop the other.
    WoD: here's the problem with game vs lore vs perceived notions. While the game is going on, even though there might be a million player she playing the game, this is technically YOUR story, not your guild's/family/friends. From a lore standpoint, it is you as the hero of your faction and the NPCs. If you're a Horde Huntard player, technically from a lore standpoint there aren't 1000's of Paladins running around with Ashbringer. There might be one no named hero from your standpoint that collected it, but it's a lore notion if that person exists then it is some champion of that order, it's not Fluffymcmooballs from your guild.
    Legion: same thing with lore vs gameplay vs notions.

In reality, they have only worked together on a unified front as factions (all races together) the 1 time, and that was the ill fated siege of the Broken Shore.
    Now you are talking semantics...i my eye's working to the same goal side by side ( by accident or not) or working for the same goal for the same boss makes you co-workers atleast ( i would say ally's). And yes maybe not the whole hord/alliance.
    But this will be a endless debate......
    So let me be clear...i think they have worked enough together that we being at war needs a good reason. And that we might not be the best friends. But when it comes to world ending stuff we can work as 1 very well.

Jezus christ dude, you need to get your shit straight if this is the kinda stuff that gets your panties in a knot.

The whole point of the cinematic was to create conflict.
    The whole idea is that we step into this expansion only thinking about the war, until we either get a reality check when Azshara takes advantage of our conflict, or we realise that N'zoth is pulling a few strings.

The fact that the expansion was never even leaked makes me think that things are very closed at Blizzard, this probably means they have some sort of twist in the bag that they really dont want to leaked.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst Expac Cinematic was TBC. Followed by WoD I guess, only because it was a cinematic pretty much depicting something I had seen/read about before with a slight twist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Now you are talking semantics...i my eye's working to the same goal side by side ( by accident or not) or working for the same goal for the same boss makes you co-workers atleast ( i would say ally's). And yes maybe not the whole hord/alliance.
    But this will be a endless debate......
    So let me be clear...i think they have worked enough together that we being at war needs a good reason. And that we might not be the best friends. But when it comes to world ending stuff we can work as 1 very well.
    Russia and America fought together twice in WW1 and WW2. It didn't stop the Cold War or tensions between them since.

People thinking the the Horde and Alliance refocusing on eachother when there isn't a greater threat is somehow strange or weird have obviously never learnt anything about Human History. Throw in the fact the Hordes leader is literally an evil undead bitch, well..

10+ Year Old Account
    If only we stopped replying to these threads

Deleted
    Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy.
    Nope. And Legion was worse.