Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    You say this as if healers losing a place in PvP and games being decided in quick-paced breakneck DPSvsDPS would be a problem, though.
    For WoW pvp? It would.

There are a lot of other games out there that fill that niche.

I will agree though that Wargames/Dueling needs to be expanded for people who want that experience in a WoW arena format. 1v1 or 2v2 dps only queues would be a nice addition.
    Last edited by Riistov; 2017-11-09 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    For WoW pvp? It would.
    Do you have an argument that losing healers in PvP would be bad for WoW other than "there are other games that fill a niche of having little/no healers"?

Personally, I do not believe you do. One of the biggest problems with WoW PvP has always, always, been the balancing of healers and sustainability. Take that out of the equation and you're left with balancing DPS vs DPS, which is considerably less to deal with.

These suggestions sound like they're made from the perspective of someone who has never played anything other than melee. Have you tried healing in the current meta? Without the ability to break line of sight, casters/healers are at a massive disadvantage, and the game would devolve into triple demon hunter or triple dk comps with matches that are over in 15 seconds.
    Other way around, for melees a forest of pillars is significant advantage, basically impossible to play with that for casters/healers. Keeping LoS capabilities at bay certainly aids casting, makes casted spells more reliable and caster gameplay a more consistent experience in general

Being able to pillar melee is the difference between a good ranged/healer and bad one most cases. Taking that away makes the game that much more dumbed down and would cater to bad players who can't figure out how to solve being pillared.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Do you have an argument that losing healers in PvP would be bad for WoW other than "there are other games that fill a niche of having little/no healers"?
    Yup, my argument is Guild Wars 2.

They tried pushing the game as an esport without the healing archetype. Spoiler alert, it didn't work.

As someone who played that game (including ranked pvp), I can tell you from experience removing healers makes for extremely boring and repetitive gameplay.

Yup, my argument is Guild Wars 2.

They tried pushing the game as an esport without the healing archetype. Spoiler alert, it didn't work.

As someone who played that game (including ranked pvp), I can tell you from experience removing healers makes for extremely boring and repetitive gameplay.
    That's not proof, lol. You're using a fallacy argument.

Saying "Guild Wars 2 didn't have healers in PvP, and look what happened, it didn't succeed as an e-sport so THAT PROVES PVP NEEDS HEALERS" is a fake argument. You're not proving that Guild Wars PvP failed because it didn't have healers, you're just putting two unconnected dots together. Not only that, but you're trying to say because some other game's PvP (according to you) died because it didn't have healers, that means World of Warcraft needs healers? A nonsensical stretch indeed.

There have been plenty of games that have had little to no healing in their PvP and they are leaps and bounds more successful from a balance standpoint than World of Warcraft has ever been. It's not impossible to balance healing in PvP, but it's significantly easier to design PvP without considerable healing in mind because you take away a major balancing issue from the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    I think many have, and ~none of them thought 'damn I'm being outplayed'. Has nothing to do with skill, abuse of flawed game mechanics
    Amen brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    I think many have, and ~none of them thought 'damn I'm being outplayed'. Has nothing to do with skill, abuse of flawed game mechanics
    We should all just stand toe to toe like an 1800s boxer and punch each other in the face until one drops.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    We should all just stand toe to toe like an 1800s boxer and punch each other in the face until one drops.
    With similar, have to face enemies in arena. Can hide, but only for a short time, doesn't seem outrageous tbh

That's kindof how RPG combat should work, you stand still and hit each other. Whoever has better stats / build / uses abilities better wins. If you run around a warrior you get out-of-turn attacks of opportunity on your ass and often lose your turn. I know WoW isn't an RPG any more and not jumping around the person you're hitting had long been outlawed, but hey. At least WoW has a rich and successful e-sports scene, right?

This thread brought to you by low ranked pvpers. Stop chasing the druid around the pillar if he's just running in circles. Force him to come out by going on his teammate. Or tell your teammate to run the opposite direction as you. That's how circles work.

wait, wait - isn't that already in WoW. I swear there is a WQ in Mac'Aree where you do just that. Maybe it was a planned future preview of what WoW pvp will be?!

We already had an arena with unreliable, disappearing pillars, and it was removed for good reasons. Do you never wonder why Ring of Valor was removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    We already had an arena with unreliable, disappearing pillars, and it was removed for good reasons. Do you never wonder why Ring of Valor was removed?
    It was because of bugs and dumb pet AI getting stuck ontop of the pillars, not because it was a bad arena. It was fun when not playing a pet class.

Deleted
    this would be maybe dumbest arena change ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    This thread brought to you by low ranked pvpers. Stop chasing the druid around the pillar if he's just running in circles. Force him to come out by going on his teammate. Or tell your teammate to run the opposite direction as you. That's how circles work.
    No class should ever be ~impossible to be caught in arena. If you wanna stay safe stay in orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    You guys know nothing about this stuff until you had the same experience I had back in Season 1/2 in TBC. As a SL/SL Warlock, chasing a pve resto Druid around Nagrand. Just took me around 7 hours until he disconnected. Since then I kinda have a hatred towards Druids.
    that's karma.
    only missed a stunherald that randomly decided your match and all the tbc cancer would be toghether

Should rename this cancer thread to "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT MINDLESSLY TRAIN SOMEONE WHILE STANDING STILL?"

Yeah guys, make PvP even more braindead!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Should rename this cancer thread to "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT MINDLESSLY TRAIN SOMEONE WHILE STANDING STILL?"

Yeah guys, make PvP even more braindead!
    Why is WoW pvp not like Rock 'em Sock 'em? Stand still and fight me like a man!

Simple fix, give pillars HP. but who am I to suggest a thoughtful idea, Blizzard clearly thinks pvp servers are a much bigger issue.