Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Denmark, Ireland, Malta and Portugal didn't sign up.

Austria did though at the last minute.
    Wait, my politicians did something right for once. I am impressed.

Deleted
    So now Merkel can put german troops in central europe n balkans n force open the borders, undermine their laws n security for german power politics. Their countries will be flooded by 3rd worlders if they don't do something..

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    So now Merkel can put german troops in central europe n balkans n force open the borders, undermine their laws n security for german power politics. Their countries will be flooded by 3rd worlders if they don't do something..
    Merkel cannot put any troops anywhere since Germany isn't at war and she cannot declare war either.
    Everything in your post after "europe" is nonsense and doesn't need to be addressed.

Germany has little more to do with this than, say, France.

The whole idea is to combine our defense industries and efforts under an European umbrella. The main advantages are that Europe finally can put some muscle behind their talk about securing borders and common security policy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The whole idea is to combine our defense industries and efforts under an European umbrella. The main advantages are that Europe finally can put some muscle behind their talk about securing borders and common security policy.
    Well, this happens when you can't rely on NATO anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing it is rather sad that it had to take a president like Trump and a Brexit to both motivate and remove the obstructive element for this to happen.

Obviously people who are ill informed and see the EU as some big bad guy will claim this hurts nations their independent force, while they are already sharing and doing many joint operations. Not decking out every nation with everything is a much more effective way to protect ourselves going into the future, only conspiracy theorists believe nonsense like another nazi germany taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The US, more specifically. To be fair, I've never considered their critique towards Europe unjustified. Everyone here agrees that we have been relying on them a tad bit much. Look at the state of our armies. While they're not quite the shit heap that third world countries have, they are way, way less than what Europe is capable of. And while we have probably the most problematic procurement systems in Europe, we're also the juiciest target on the planet. Up until now, we've relied on the US to protect that...

So yeah, this is quite the natural development, if you ask me. It's about time we emancipate ourselves and pull our own weight. I've never begrudged the US their attitude regarding this, even if I've attacked some of the posters for the tone they're setting.

I think Skroe's wet dream of a combined US/EU effort, where both sides are pulling the cart equally is becoming a bit more realistic now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know someone like this is full of shit when they name Merkel and immigrants in a completely unrelated topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This is mostly the EU no longer trusting the US fully and this is due to Trump, we've seen what happened in Iraq with Bush and the current President has the potential to be a whole lot worse.

edit: Slant beat me to it.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2017-11-14 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    NATO's function extends beyond European borders.
    And what makes you think the EU army will? Its not our problem. Not that the NATO did anything about Ukrainel... so im not getting your point.

..I don't even think the NATO ever did anything outside it borders. Are you not confusing it with the UN-backed armies?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    And what makes you think the EU army will? Its not our problem. Not that the NATO did anything about Ukrainel... so im not getting your point.

..I don't even think the NATO ever did anything outside it borders. Are you not confusing it with the UN-backed armies?
    Afghanistan was NATO-led. It was also officially a case of Art. 5 IIRC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good job, another step toward The Fourth Reich.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Someone didn't read the article.
    Someone can't read between the lines and need to have it spelled out for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Germany has little more to do with this than, say, France.

Except your borders stop at the german border, anything beyond that goes beyond why the EU exists, an economic cooperation not a military n centralized state one. Just try to apply your open borders merkel policy with our countries borders n we'll send ur kraut troops home in body bags, you mark my words.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-11-14 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    (3) A Patriot missile successor program / European ballistic missile defense, a mid 2020s program.
    There is always the Aster, SAMPT.
    It's what you mean (i think) - Another possible platform is a drone, both recognizance and strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Time to disband NATO and watch the EU army flop when faced with another crisis in Ukraine and Turkey/Greece have border disputes again.
    Is not a NATO, or EU member.
    Turkey/Greece
    Are both NATO members, i'm pretty sure that this problem is a bigger NATO problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

- - - Updated - - -

Except your borders stop at the german border, anything beyond that goes beyond why the EU exists, an economic cooperation not a military n centralized state one. Just try to apply your open borders merkel policy with our countries borders n we'll send ur kraut troops home in body bags, you mark my words.
    Jesus, how do you people make this shit up?

Deleted
    Germany must never be allowed to re-arm, this is in the interest of the stability of the continent. They will abuse their position. Merkel is proof that they are permanently deranged nation.

Don't worry, we are good at dragging those vermin out of the sewers n putting bullets in them.

We didn't purge krauts populations out of eastern europe post-ww2 to have them return n try to bully us again.

I'll keep my knifes sharp and guns clean.

(Infracted) ~ Severe Nation-Bashing
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-11-15 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Vodka and Krokodil i think.

- - - Updated - - -

The EU is neither a military nor a centralized state cooperation. But it most definitely is a political superstructure on top of the economic treaties. You may not like it, but that's how it is. And with these signatures, it becomes a military cooperation as well. There is no Merkel open border policy. Try to read less idiot blogshit sites and more actual news.

Good luck with your internet badassery. You're not impressing anyone. You won't send anyone home in body bags. I'll mark your words, would you like me to reference and tag you everytime the real world proves you wrong? Expect daily tags in that case. We can start with the French-German Brigade having a base in Strasbourg. Go ahead, start following up on your bullshit. I'll wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Germany must never be allowed to re-arm, this is in the interest of the stability of the continent. They will abuse their position. Merkel is proof that they are permanently deranged nation.

Don't worry, we are good at dragging those vermin out of the sewers n putting bullets in them.

We didn't purge krauts populations out of eastern europe post-ww2 to have them return n try to bully us again.

I'll keep my knifes sharp and guns clean.
    First off, we are already rearmed. Have been for oh, 70 years now. Second, you didn't purge shit. I'd be surprised if your parents were even conceived by the time any purging was done. Big talk for an internet hero.

And Eastern Europe didn't drag anyone out of anything and didn't put anything into anyone. It was largely the US and Russia. So given your rhetoric, I'm assuming you're a communist from Russia. Good luck trying your bullshit in Europe. How's those sanctions coming, btw? Do let us know when you have to queue up for food again. It was amusing in the 80s, it sure as fuck will be amusing now.

Deleted
    The EU is neither a military nor a centralized state cooperation. But it most definitely is a political superstructure on top of the economic treaties.

Britain was right to leave.

There is no Merkel open border policy. Try to read less idiot blogshit sites and more actual news.
    That's why EU was flooded by millions and germany threatened to sue poland n hungary if they didn't open the flood gates? LOL

First off, we are already rearmed. Have been for oh, 70 years now.
    No you haven't, you are a shadow of your former self.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Army
    As of 28 February 2017, the German Army had a strength of 60,431 soldiers.

And Eastern Europe didn't drag anyone out of anything and didn't put anything into anyone.
    Oh? Take a look at a map of german populations minorities in eastern europe pre-ww2 and after. You were ethnic cleansed out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight...ns_(1944–50)

So given your rhetoric, I'm assuming you're a communist from Russia.
    Nope.

You thinking only Russians have grievances with Germany, you slaughtered lots of other peoples too in eastern europe by the millions. Hate doesn't go away, it never will for your crimes which you were never punished for because the Russians put some fat georgian imbecile in charge who let the germans in eastern germany continue to breathe..you didn't get an eye for an eye by far.

How's those sanctions coming, btw? Do let us know when you have to queue up for food again. It was amusing in the 80s, it sure as fuck will be amusing now.
    Now, who is reading blog posts again? Get back to reality, Russia is nowhere near that.

What is real, is hate of you germans. Remember that, you think cuz ur acting all liberal you can go right back to dictating eastern europe again. Would almost be fun to see you try until we show you what's what

Deleted
    You thinking only Russians have grievances with Germany, you slaughtered lots of other peoples too in eastern europe by the millions. Hate doesn't go away, it never will for your crimes which you were never punished for because the Russians put some fat georgian imbecile in charge who let the germans in eastern germany continue to breathe..you didn't get an eye for an eye by far.
    No see history lesson time, eastern Europe was taken over by Russia - you must have missed that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No see history lesson time, eastern Europe was taken over by Russia - you must have missed that.
    Russia kept those nations intact, Germany wanted to turn them into slave labor, then exterminate them n then incorporate their lands into greater germany. Eastern europe would then hold only one country, Germany, nothing else.

Nazi-Germany set their plans into motion, starting with Czechoslovakia.

Russia could have done all those things too if it had wanted to n nobody could have stopped them. But they didn't. Germany were stopped only cuz they lost the war, not because they changed their minds.

Big difference.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-11-14 at 05:58 PM.