Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    "In case you've forgotten, one yoctometer equals 0.000000000000000000000001 meters" https://www.google.com/search?q=Yoctometer

"It was adopted in 1991" https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9xy8TV1kqhAs-K

Why are you poking at me forgetting alot of my past???? This is what I think about people and why I don't trust them.
    Because honestly, if you don't trust people enough to believe in a weight measuring system, then I think you've got some much deeper problems that you should make a really, really concerted effort in resolving. Because honestly, going through life with that level of distrust of every person on earth is unhealthy.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    research the density of the material
    Trust. Nope. It's no big deal, really. I can see if my kitty is too big, I guess. Thanks, anyway everyone.

Deleted
    If things grew by these yockta-meters that would mean fundamental forces changing over time, or not "catching up" to the expansion of spacetime on very very small scale.

Trust. Nope. It's no big deal, really. I can see if my kitty is too big, I guess. Thanks, anyway everyone.
    Use a material light enough, such as a thin plastic, and you can ignore its weight and still have a much more reliable result than "see my cat and guess".

Also, if you distrust everyone the way you say you do, why are you asking questions in a forum? Do you think we aren't people? Maybe we are plotting to make you activate the self-destruct mechanism inside your scale by making it touch water. Or we want your cat to be electrocuted. Or we can see you though your cat's fake eyes and are laughing at you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Use a material light enough, such as a thin plastic, and you can ignore its weight and still have a much more reliable result than "see my cat and guess".

Also, if you distrust everyone the way you say you do, why are you asking questions in a forum? Do you think we aren't people? Maybe we are plotting to make you activate the self-destruct mechanism inside your scale by making it touch water. Or we want your cat to be electrocuted. Or we can see you though your cat's fake eyes and are laughing at you right now.
    Mainly thinking I am blind in everything I do, that no matter what I do it isn't correct and I don't know who to trust so I can do it all correctly because the way to do it correctly changes based on who I talk to, so everyone must have ulterior motives for things they tell me.

Mainly thinking I am blind in everything I do, that no matter what I do it isn't correct and I don't know who to trust so I can do it all correctly because the way to do it correctly changes based on who I talk to, so everyone must have ulterior motives for things they tell me.
    Trust your scale

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Fill your plastic kitchen trash basket with 5 gallons of water. The water is 41.7 pounds, deduct the weight of the trash basket.

What does the scale say when you stand on it?
    you don't even have to do the subtraction. just put the basket on the scale and set that as 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Trust your scale
    No. Someone else made it. There is no reason to trust it's correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Someone else made it. There is no reason to trust it's correct.
    Here's the question.

Would you trust a machine that was built by another machine?
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Here's the question.

Would you trust a machine that was built by another machine?
    Not with information I didn't give it being correct, no, it was ultimately made by a person in the beginning.

I was weighing my kitty. He is 11lbs. But I don't know where that figure comes from. I don't think I am asking the question well enough to get across what I am asking. Hmmm. Ok, if there were no scales in the world, how would one go about determining what a pound weighs in order to show it as the number 1 on a scale?
    I often measure my cat for health reasons. I measure myself first and then myself while holding the cat (deduct your own weight, obviously) if you repeat it a few times, and you get consistent results, it should give you significant results even if not entirely 100% precise.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP how do you eat? Grow your own food?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not with information I didn't give it being correct, no, it was ultimately made by a person in the beginning.
    What if the machine that made the scale was a true AI and was able to completely re-write it's own programming to the point that none of the original, human-made code was present? Would you trust that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    What if the machine that made the scale was a true AI and was able to completely re-write it's own programming to the point that none of the original, human-made code was present? Would you trust that?
    How would I know it was doing all that or even doing nothing else?

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Look at my post above. It explains a lot.

And if you're concerned with the brand of your scale, go get a calibrated and certified one. Those are at least sanctioned by government and are "correct" for all legal matters, too. You won't get much better than that. But pe prepared to spend a bit of money.
    nothing about this thread has anything to do with scale accuracy. it's gone into the range of an extremely patient person keeping an attention seeker company. And other weirdo's like me are just watching and waiting for something crazy to happen.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    an attention seeker
    See? No reason to trust anyone. Everyone has ulterior motives for saying things, i never know what is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    OP how do you eat? Grow your own food?
    I risk eating. its my only option to remain alive that i know of. when i stopped eating before while in the psych ward, it was pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I regret putting the time into my earlier post...
    sorry i will do a disclaimer next time that i prolly wont believe the answers.

I risk eating. its my only option to remain alive that i know of. when i stopped eating before while in the psych ward, it was pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry i will do a disclaimer next time that i prolly wont believe the answers.
    Every important number value in your life is arbitrary and made up by another human thou..
    Temperature, Weight (mass), Speed, Time, Monetary value. They all have different scales that different people use. and anyone could at any point invent a new way of measuring any of these things.
    And literally any item you own is made by another human. Why live in a house? it might fall apart! can't live in a tent, might catch fire! can't wear clothes made by anyone else. can't knit your own, the yarn is made by evil people. Only solution is to move into a cave and hunt wild animals for hide / food.
    I've no idea what to write here.

How about not asking in the first place then? Seems much cleaner.
    Why? Maybe one day I will learn to trust if I keep asking.