Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Worst Expac Cinematic was TBC. Followed by WoD I guess, only because it was a cinematic pretty much depicting something I had seen/read about before with a slight twist.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia and America fought together twice in WW1 and WW2. It didn't stop the Cold War or tensions between them since.

People thinking the the Horde and Alliance refocusing on eachother when there isn't a greater threat is somehow strange or weird have obviously never learnt anything about Human History. Throw in the fact the Hordes leader is literally an evil undead bitch, well..
    Yup....but if lets say...russia faught liberiation of america , ww1, ww2, korea, vietnam and iraq ( 2 times) + Afghanistan would they still be enemy's to the extent at being to each others throat....
    And you do know the cold war was not all out war ( allot of proxy wars tough). And this ( tedrassil + lordaron) is not a cold war?!?

I'd beg to differ and say TBC was the worst cinematic... it's just boring with nothing happening in it!

People probably rank it higher because of the danke meme "You are not prepared!" bit.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-14 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    "Azshara's the main Enemy"

Ahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.....

*Looks at N'zoth's Prison's Location*

*Looks at the Heart of Azeroth Trinket, with her Dreams and shit*

*Is the ONLY one that thinks she'll be the Final Boss*

Azshara's NO Main Villain...

Sorry, but it's true...
    Didn't Blizzard confirm that Azshara is the boss of the first tier raid? So yeah, she's not the last one. My vote is for N'zoth, or some sort of avatar for him. If Azeroth die now, there's no point in a future Void Lords expansion.

What I find most ridiculous tbh is the exp name. Battle for Azeroth. It implies some final battle upon which the fate of our world depends. But its not, lol. Just some stupid war between factions again. And we are not even fighting for Azeroth.

Exp name is bad. Really misleading and not having much to do with the theme. Just because we fight and we do this on Azeroth, does not mean its a battle for Azeroth.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find I like the BfA one more and more each time I watch it. It's not on par with the Cata or Icecrown (my favorite) cinematic but it's good and I love seeing Sylvannas in an actual fight.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    What I find most ridiculous tbh is the exp name. Battle for Azeroth. It implies some final battle upon which the fate of our world depends. But its not, lol. Just some stupid war between factions again. And we are not even fighting for Azeroth.

Exp name is bad. Really misleading and not having much to do with the theme. Just because we fight and we do this on Azeroth, does not mean its a battle for Azeroth.
    It has always been the Battle for Azeroth. The Legion was coming to kill Azeroth, the World Soul. While the factions fight over the new resource Azerite, in the background the big baddies are continuing their plans. Never thought the title could have double meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy. We have one cool scene where Sylvanas goes full Banshee and just insta-kills. Anduin is a bitch so naturally he starts crying and some stupid miracle occurs. Sylvanas smiles for no reason and they keep fighting. Terrific. What can we gather from this?

#1 Blizzard is really at the point where this is going to be about Azshara or not. I'd love to see it go that way quickly but let's be honest. They drag it out.
    #2 This is looking really WODish right about now. No point to anything I've seen, cosmetic updates and some boring scenarios.
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    #4 Highmountain tauren suck. Reskin. We finally get some trolls that look like jungle trolls and aren't flamingos with ugly faces. Sorry Blizzard you suck at faces. Lucio was cross-eyed on your HOTS screen for at least a month so please don't argue.
    #5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.

Well enjoy my opinion because that's all it is, if you have any doubts I'd say save your money. I just don't see any story here and Jaina Proudmoore should have committed suicide or something by now because she's fucking a dragon. Human fucks cow in WoW universe=Tauren confirmed.

I honestly feel more humor coming from this expansion than war. WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH................."WHAT THE FUCK ELSE HAVE WE BEEN DOING THE LAST 13 YEARS NOW?" FINALLY WE CAN START DEFENDING OUR PLANET EVERYONE!
    Only you disliked the cinematic. All of us loved.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Didn't Blizzard confirm that Azshara is the boss of the first tier raid? So yeah, she's not the last one. My vote is for N'zoth, or some sort of avatar for him. If Azeroth die now, there's no point in a future Void Lords expansion.
    While they never confirmed her to be the first tier Villain, it is HEAVILY backed up, and speculation that this is the case.

They wouldn't make her the main enemy, only to announce her so early. They would NEVER confirm we would be fighting threats underneath the seas, only to put Azshara up RIGHT after, if that weren't the case.

Inbetween both Zandalar, and Kul'tiras is 100% confirmed to be N'zoth's Prison. He's the only truely pulling the Strings here. Old God's (Including the Corrupter Himself, N'zoth) tend to stay behind the curtains.

Azeroth is the final boss, with N'zoth being the 8.2 boss. There's a reason we have the Trinket which represents her Dreams, and shit. It'll be used to cleanse her from the Void's Corruption.

Anduin, the Champions, and Azeroth's Titan will be the main heroes for when we battle the Void Lords. Velen will be by Anduin's side, Genn/Sylvanas will likely die, and so forth.

Elune may be in it also. But, she'll be like the Eonar of that expansion.

While they never confirmed her to be the first tier Villain, it is HEAVILY backed up, and speculation that this is the case.
    Yeah, I suppose it can be looked at from your perspective too. I just interpreted what Ion said as Azshara being the second raid's boss.
    "[Talking about Uldir:]This will be the first raid, now following this, and I'll be saying even less about this raid... blablabla dark threats from the sea blablabla... and so yes, before everything is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we will be facing off against Queen Azshara".

Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy. We have one cool scene where Sylvanas goes full Banshee and just insta-kills. Anduin is a bitch so naturally he starts crying and some stupid miracle occurs. Sylvanas smiles for no reason and they keep fighting. Terrific. What can we gather from this?

#1 Blizzard is really at the point where this is going to be about Azshara or not. I'd love to see it go that way quickly but let's be honest. They drag it out.
    #2 This is looking really WODish right about now. No point to anything I've seen, cosmetic updates and some boring scenarios.
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    #4 Highmountain tauren suck. Reskin. We finally get some trolls that look like jungle trolls and aren't flamingos with ugly faces. Sorry Blizzard you suck at faces. Lucio was cross-eyed on your HOTS screen for at least a month so please don't argue.
    #5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.

Well enjoy my opinion because that's all it is, if you have any doubts I'd say save your money. I just don't see any story here and Jaina Proudmoore should have committed suicide or something by now because she's fucking a dragon. Human fucks cow in WoW universe=Tauren confirmed.

I honestly feel more humor coming from this expansion than war. WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH................."WHAT THE FUCK ELSE HAVE WE BEEN DOING THE LAST 13 YEARS NOW?" FINALLY WE CAN START DEFENDING OUR PLANET EVERYONE!
    Then don't play. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    It has always been the Battle for Azeroth. The Legion was coming to kill Azeroth, the World Soul. While the factions fight over the new resource Azerite, in the background the big baddies are continuing their plans. Never thought the title could have double meaning?
    Each and every expansion had a name indicating its entry theme.

The Burning Crusade - chasing the burning legion across the dark portal. Nothing about Sunwell.
    Wrath of the Lich King - invading LK's lands. Nothing about Old God lurking here.
    Cataclysm - literally what starts the expansion. Nothing about Trolls for example
    Mists of Pandaria - them going down revealed Pandariia, its actually what let us explore the isles in the first place. Nothing about old god or garrosh going hitler
    Warlords of Draenor - we meet the in the first scenario and fight with them in the first half of the story. Nothing about incomming legion
    Legion - their invasion made us come back to the broken shore, we fight them in literally every zone (Xavius is working with the legion). Nothing about the void, ethereals.

Battle for Azeroth - two most powerful factions fighting over stupid conflicts when there are dangerous enemies still on OUR planet? I'd say legion was more of a battle for azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Each and every expansion had a name indicating its entry theme.

The Burning Crusade - chasing the burning legion across the dark portal. Nothing about Sunwell.
    Wrath of the Lich King - invading LK's lands. Nothing about Old God lurking here.
    Cataclysm - literally what starts the expansion. Nothing about Trolls for example
    Mists of Pandaria - them going down revealed Pandariia, its actually what let us explore the isles in the first place. Nothing about old god or garrosh going hitler
    Warlords of Draenor - we meet the in the first scenario and fight with them in the first half of the story. Nothing about incomming legion
    Legion - their invasion made us come back to the broken shore, we fight them in literally every zone (Xavius is working with the legion). Nothing about the void, ethereals.

Battle for Azeroth - two most powerful factions fighting over stupid conflicts when there are dangerous enemies still on OUR planet? I'd say legion was more of a battle for azeroth.
    "Nothing about the Void/Ethereals"

*Cough* *Cough* Mac'aree *Cough* *Cough*

"Nothing about the Void/Ethereals"

*Cough* *Cough* Mac'aree *Cough* *Cough*
    You might actually want to re-read my post. My point was that so far, every exp title implied the theme at the begining of the game. The person I replied to argued that Battle for Azeroth might be a reference to further events, double meaning. I list the names of previous exps and what were they about at the begining, then listing what happened during the exp/at the end, showing that their names had nothing to do with further events.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Worst. OP. Ever.
    Naw. Now, in vanilla, we had really bad original posts...whoops, wrong forum! Sorry!

Couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Your poll also says WoD was over twice as good as Legion and we see how that expansion turned out.
    The Title says: "Worse Expansion Cinematic Ever"

We are looking at the Cinematic, not it's content. The quality of the WoD expansion is better than Legion's, in my opinion, but Legion's content is far better than WoD. The cinematic introduces the storyline, it doesn't say everything about the content.

So please, try to understand what the topic is before trying to demean my post and my poll.
    Last edited by Mythabay; 2017-11-15 at 02:05 AM.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

*Spoilers for the End of Antorus if you care*
    I think you are missing the point, a lot of expansions of had the Horde and Alliance work together for a common goal, now that the Legion is gone and Azeroths blood is spilling out, the Horde and Alliance what more resources including the blood, therefor the fight. It's likely theres some old god manipulation. Think about Azshara and N'Zoth this way, at the beginning of Legion the plan was to get the Pillars to stop the Legion, you had no idea at the time we would fight Gul'dan then KJ then Argus and seal Sargeras away forever. The Legion Cinematic was the intro to the expansion, Legion is here we are going to stop them. Battle for Azeroth can be taken as "Alliance and Horde battling for control" and change midway through the xpac to mean "Battle to protect azeroth from Azshara and N'Zoth". We are starting the expansion with an Old God infested Titan Quarantine Facility similar to EN in Legion. Also the Heart of Azeroth is a decent idea albeit not as interesting as Artifact Weapons. It makes sense logically too, Azeroth is dying and the Horde and Alliance don't care they just want the resource of her blood. Therefor Magni gives us the Heart to collect the blood because he knows we (the champions) care enough to protect Azeroth because we know about Azshara (and kinda N'Zoth).

The cinematic was hype but I can tell you are a bad Horde fanboy because you didn't understand Anduin's section to show off. Where Sylvannas is already a badass and just had a badass cool moment, Anduin went through an entire arc in one cinematic. He goes from wearing full armor and a helmet to cover, hitting with a sword like his father would have in that situation to realising he isn't his father and he can be better, he can wear the armor and use the sword but he can heal his army, he is a Priest Hero after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    The Title says: "Worse Expansion Cinematic Ever"

We are looking at the Cinematic, not it's content. The quality of the WoD expansion is better than Legion's, in my opinion, but Legion's content is far better than WoD. The cinematic introduces the storyline, it doesn't say everything about the content.

So please, try to understand what the topic is before trying to demean my post.
    "Quality of WoD was better than Legion" "Legion's content is far better than WoD"?? If you mean WoD's Cinematic was better? Nah

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Didn't Blizzard confirm that Azshara is the boss of the first tier raid?
    No. The statement was something like, "And after [the first raid], there's... well, I don't want to spoil it, but by the end of Battle for Azeroth you'll be confronting Azshara."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    I think you are missing the point, a lot of expansions of had the Horde and Alliance work together for a common goal, now that the Legion is gone and Azeroths blood is spilling out, the Horde and Alliance what more resources including the blood, therefor the fight.
    In Legion, it's also technically the twelve orders that form the Armies of Legionfall that are working together, not the Alliance and Horde.

That's something most people are forgetting.

The whole conceit of Legion was that the Alliance and Horde have fractured following the Broken Shore, so instead of the two main factions working together, you have to convince the representatives of the different classes to band together and fight the Legion. That's how they've framed the story since day one.

Only a handful of Alliance and Horde characters have fought in the struggle. Varian and Vol'jin are dead. Genn and Sylvanas have been at each others' throats pursuing their own goals, Anduin has been grieving. Jaina left the Kirin Tor out of spite. Most of the other faction leaders have been MIA. Only Tyrande and Liadrin really actively worked together during the Suramar Campaign, and Velen pretty much became neutral to help lead the Armies of Legionfall alongside Khadgar and Illidan.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-11-15 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    ...try to understand what the topic is before trying to demean my post and my poll.
    I fully understand what your post and poll represent. I pointed out an interesting correlation. The take away was the cinematic is ultimately irrelevant to the quality of content in the expansion... therefore your poll is somewhat meaningless insofar as the cinematic is nothing more than hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy.
    No she's not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I fully understand what your post and poll represent. I pointed out an interesting correlation. The take away was the cinematic is ultimately irrelevant to the quality of content in the expansion... therefore your poll is somewhat meaningless insofar as the cinematic is nothing more than hype.
    This is essentially true, but the fact is that it is about it being the worst cinematic, it doesn't really have anything to do with the lore of the video. It's really just about the content, graphic quality and emotion.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance