Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Old Dk main back

Helo fellow damned ones.

Iw as away from palying in this expansion, and I would like to know how Dk's looks like atm.
    How good are we, and how the specs feel to play.
    I played in a high end raid guild since wotlk maining Dk so I know a thing or 2 about them, but atm I'm just a casual palyer, who missed everything since the Nightmare, and wanna cath up as much as possible.

Blood death knight is the best spec in the video game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Blood-dk -> God-Tank
    Frost -> Looks strong with t21. For how it plays.. very fast and reactive.
    Unholy -> Still is strong because unholy. Slower and more methodical, but still fluid starting at 18% haste.

Pretty much we are in good shape despite our lack in certain areas. #dkmobility

Antorus we don't really know much about how the dps is going to line up yet, but both Unholy and Frost are pretty solid. Blood is top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Helo fellow damned ones.

Iw as away from palying in this expansion, and I would like to know how Dk's looks like atm.
    How good are we, and how the specs feel to play.
    I played in a high end raid guild since wotlk maining Dk so I know a thing or 2 about them, but atm I'm just a casual palyer, who missed everything since the Nightmare, and wanna cath up as much as possible.
    DK main here with 400+ days played, here are my thoughts in legion to all 3 DK specs:

Blood:
    mechanics: easy to play, not targetbound
    DPS: worst of all tanks
    mobility: still worst of all tanks, speedruns in dungeons are not hurt that much, because healers dont have endless mana anymore
    expansion rating: far worse than MoP-Blood-DK-Godmode status, the spec is fun to play but since DPS is such an important part of tanks now, currently I wont play a blood dk as a main spec

Unholy:
    mechanics: hard to manage (wounds/dots/desynct cooldowns with high risc/low reward), bad at targetswitch (dots+wounds+time to do damage), SLOW ramp-up
    DPS: currently high burst DPS, DPS depends mostly at boss fight length/cooldown ussage
    mobility: bad and excluded from all other melees, feelsbadman & special treatment in raids
    expansion rating: for the current T20-raid tier, unholy as the ultimate uptime/dot specs in previous expansions is now a burst spec with clunky cooldowns, clunky mechanics and it is now overshadowed by the much easier, cooldownless Frost spec for current and next raid tier

Frost:
    mechanics: easy alternating rotation and similar in ST/AoE
    DPS: similar/above unholy's DPS
    mobility: same as unholy, bad and needs special treatment
    expansion rating: I like the current frost spec in its current state the most, highly comparable mechanical wise to other melees and far more fun to play without unholys handicaps and presumed the dominant spec next raid tier

TLDR:
    Blood: EZ to play, low DPS
    Unholy: clunky, ramp-up, burst DPS
    Frost: EZ to play, uptime DPS

Recap:
    Coming from Warlords of Draenor as a dominant progression class to Legion is a huge drop for the class. The class was most of the time mediocre at best and got only for a brief amount of time a few highlights in this raid tier but nothing crazy as other classes enjoyed for months in this expansion.
    If you are not set at tanking or dpsing I would suggest you to try out the frost spec. Unholy is as clunky to play as a 13 year old rogue spec from vanilla with no or very little reward in DPS and Blood is unprovoked nerfed at DPS for no reasons at all.
    Last edited by Ange; 2017-11-14 at 09:14 AM.
    -

DK is super boring overall.. unholy can be kinda fun, but bis legendaries are a must and its annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    DK is super boring overall.. unholy can be kinda fun, but bis legendaries are a must and its annoying
    Boring compared to what?
    - WotLK: /castrandom meme
    - WoD: 5min long DoT duration to "manage" with auto-cleave

Do you even played this class before for any significant time?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Boring compared to what?
    - WotLK: /castrandom meme
    - WoD: 5min long DoT duration to "manage" with auto-cleave

Do you even played this class before for any significant time?

played it since cata.. on live, played it in wrath on AT

also im talking overall, not only from rotation perspective.. but rotation is also boring so..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is currently the better/more fun of the Plate DPS classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    how about you just try it and see if YOU LIKE it?
    there are tons of catch up mechanics in place to get you up to speed.
    dont look at WoL and say "wow UH is top melee ill play that!" cause you might like frost better. and do better as frost.

just play the game and see for yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    dude your avatar pic is the reason why I spend over 500 on headsets in the last few years... even shorted out my system and had to rebuild!lasdjkalsdjkas
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

I play around with Blood when I feel like tanking but other than that the class is disappointing. I loved my DK since creation but shelved it for most of this xpac. Unholy is crap and I dont care much for DW frost.
    If you want, you can sit there and be ramping up damage on a trash packs in raid to have everything dead before you can even get there because other classes can burst AOE like a MF. Thats if you can even reach the fight in time because our movement is complete shite, have a blast. But blood is awesome if you tank.
    And shepherds we shall be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most guys here haven't even lived through the magic of what was WoTLK DK. You had basically infinite completely retarded specs with equally retarded names like shadowfrost DW, all with their own niche. Anyone remember frost with a rotation so tight you had a 0.5 sec window every 10 or so seconds to refresh diseases with pestilence glyph? Or dualwield disease unholy pulling like twice the aoe damage of everyone else? That was a fun period to play dk.

Nowadays, dks are fun mechanically, unholy gets some flak for having to manage too many resources, frost gets flak for being too undertuned trimmed out and reactive based, and blood gets flak for being too low dps. I just know I will never have as much fun as in WotLK testing out completely stupid specs and coming out on top of the meters (basically because dks were overtuned), with people whispering wtf I'm actually doing and replying "lol donno just random shit".

I don't understand what's clunky about Dark Arbiter, it's legit a 2 minute cooldown that makes you do 40mil+ damage on command. Wound management / not capping on runes/RP / RC management is a bit to handle when first coming to the spec, but it is by far the highest extended burst class in the game at the moment (like 30s burst). I think Frost may pull ahead with some more gear and with 4pT21, but at the moment, Unholy is one of the strongest single target specs in the game with an extremely satisfying and well-defined burst phase. That being said, you basically need legendary shoulders and chest, high titanforged T20 pieces, well-itemized offsets to make up for the fact that all the tier except cloak is poorly itemized for the Dark Arbiter build, and Fel-Oiled Infernal Machine + high titanforged Angerboda/Arcano/Cradle/whatever to do insane DPS. You could probably make that case about every class, though.

As far as legendary reliance, if you don't have Frost bracers you might as well not even play the spec, bracers are 100% mandatory on Frost.

Fun? Sure.

Better? Absolutely not.

In ToS, Unholy, Ret, and Warriors own Frost and it's really not close in a raid setting. Frost is fine for M+. I love Frost and wish it was better than it was so that I could go back to maining it, but after the scrambled all the talents and busted any synergy between them, Frost is going to be inferior and awkward until it gets reworked (again).
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazdk View Post
    but at the moment, Unholy is one of the strongest single target specs in the game with an extremely satisfying and well-defined burst phase. That being said, you basically need legendary shoulders and chest
    You mean like basically every class ?
    Dh : anger of half giant
    Rogue : Mantle of master assassin
    Dk frost : bracers
    Dk blood : shoulders
    War : ayala stone's heart
    Monk : drinking horn cover
    Pala : chain of trayn / soul of highlord
    Priest : sephuz / mangaza
    Shaman : eye of twisting neither
    And on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Most guys here haven't even lived through the magic of what was WoTLK DK. You had basically infinite completely retarded specs with equally retarded names like shadowfrost DW, all with their own niche. Anyone remember frost with a rotation so tight you had a 0.5 sec window every 10 or so seconds to refresh diseases with pestilence glyph? Or dualwield disease unholy pulling like twice the aoe damage of everyone else? That was a fun period to play dk.

Nowadays, dks are fun mechanically, unholy gets some flak for having to manage too many resources, frost gets flak for being too undertuned trimmed out and reactive based, and blood gets flak for being too low dps. I just know I will never have as much fun as in WotLK testing out completely stupid specs and coming out on top of the meters (basically because dks were overtuned), with people whispering wtf I'm actually doing and replying "lol donno just random shit".

I remember UnholyPresence being the best for every spec lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazdk View Post
    I don't understand what's clunky about Dark Arbiter, it's legit a 2 minute cooldown that makes you do 40mil+ damage on command. Wound management / not capping on runes/RP / RC management is a bit to handle when first coming to the spec, but it is by far the highest extended burst class in the game at the moment (like 30s burst). I think Frost may pull ahead with some more gear and with 4pT21, but at the moment, Unholy is one of the strongest single target specs in the game with an extremely satisfying and well-defined burst phase. That being said, you basically need legendary shoulders and chest, high titanforged T20 pieces, well-itemized offsets to make up for the fact that all the tier except cloak is poorly itemized for the Dark Arbiter build, and Fel-Oiled Infernal Machine + high titanforged Angerboda/Arcano/Cradle/whatever to do insane DPS. You could probably make that case about every class, though.

As far as legendary reliance, if you don't have Frost bracers you might as well not even play the spec, bracers are 100% mandatory on Frost.
    Didn't know bracers were mandatory....
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

You really learned the ins and outs of the class if you played through wrath.

Naxx era Icy Touch build with 90%+ crit rates.

Blood spec capping armor pen with runestone in ulduar.

Unholy in ToC with 4 PC back when diseases critting was a big deal.

I wasted tons on respecs back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asune View Post
    You really learned the ins and outs of the class if you played through wrath.

Naxx era Icy Touch build with 90%+ crit rates.

Blood spec capping armor pen with runestone in ulduar.

Unholy in ToC with 4 PC back when diseases critting was a big deal.

I wasted tons on respecs back then.
    Goddamn thanks for the nostalgia bomb.

I remember machine gun icy touch and Howling Blast pulling like 150k on aoe (equivalent to about 80m in today's numbers) and dying every time to aggro.

I remember joining big BGs doing nothing but run with my mount to huge enemy packs and 3shotting dozens of people, hoping I will live to pop 3 gcds.

I remember when dk was fucking KING.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-11-15 at 09:55 AM.

the only viable lego combos for frost on the majority of fights are bracers/chest or bracers/belt, so yes, bracers are mandatory lol

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ies&dataset=90