View Poll Results: If blizzard makes changes will u be happy at the expense of otgers?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yea

11 39.29%
  • No

17 60.71%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If blizzard takes a dump on the purists will you be satisfied?

It's simple. Will you experience joy if changes are made?
    Last edited by rootbeerboy; 2017-11-14 at 06:18 PM.

I will be satisfied when WoW: Classic will be fun game. I really don't care about "purists" and their feelings.

I actually hope everyone will enjoy WoW: Classic, no matter what is their dream "WoW: Classic" ..because frankly, when reading forums all over the internet, there is no unity. So hopefully Blizzard will hit that sweet spot, where most people will be happy.

Classic is a very niche experience,even with QoL people who aren't part of that will not enjoy it
    With QoL purists will not enjoy it

the only way it could possibly work is to make it pure classic,exactly the game servers like Nostalrius provided
    Blizzard is trying to get those players while killing those servers,if they do it any differently they will fail

I will be happy as long as its a restrained dump. Small tweeks to specs and small QoL changes that will make the game better but doesnt destroy or affect the core game mechanics, exploration, or social structure.

Anyone who thinks WoW Classic is going to be closer to a 1.12 Vanilla realm than a WoW HD with various improvements are deluding themselves at this point. There will be Visual upgrades, and there will be class balance passes (thank fucking christ) but the game play systems will be left largely alone. Still expect days of time to reach 60, comical farming time and drop rates, vanilla style questing, a distinct lack of QoL nonsense. But expecting their to be no improvements is ridiculous. At its core WoW was broken. I expect a lot of what was broken, namely class balance will be fixed.

Unless you want to play a game where only warriors, mages, rogues, and healers are playing end game.

Blizzard currently has a retail for non-purists. If they fuck over the purists, people who aren't paying customers, and instead just make a side show for all of their current subscribers, then subscriber numbers and box sells won't nearly be as high. So, business 101, will have to teach you what the right decision is.

If Blizzard deviates from the original design of the game, they may as well scrap the whole thing.
    I think vanilla fans realize that this is a very niche thing. You lose that crowd, you lose everything.

I will probably fake rage, pitch a bitch, but really not care too much.

If they modify vanilla then people will keep on asking for a vanilla server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    It's simple. Will you be experience joy if changes are made?
    Then I would just end up chanting, "You think you want it, but you don't".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I will be satisfied when WoW: Classic will be fun game. I really don't care about "purists" and their feelings.

I actually hope everyone will enjoy WoW: Classic, no matter what is their dream "WoW: Classic" ..because frankly, when reading forums all over the internet, there is no unity. So hopefully Blizzard will hit that sweet spot, where most people will be happy.
    This. I want good game in spirit of old WoW, not necessary carbon copy of old WoW. I won't be playing for nostalgia. Furthermore, I think playing for nostalgia is wrong.

It should be played because its good old MMORPG instead of theme park railed arcade we have in Legion, not because of old memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    If they modify vanilla then people will keep on asking for a vanilla server.
    This. People asked for Vanilla, not for Vanilla with perks. If people need them, maybe Vanilla wasn't as good as they remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    This. I want good game in spirit of old WoW, not necessary carbon copy of old WoW. I won't be playing for nostalgia. Furthermore, I think playing for nostalgia is wrong.

It should be played because its good old MMORPG instead of theme park railed arcade we have in Legion, not because of old memories.
    I agree 10char

shit on my face ill lick it right up

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy whenever Blizzard takes a dump on ANY niche group in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

If they do i will just vote with my vallet and unsub totally , simple as that, won't do any shitstorm on forums etc., because i don't give a damn about couple of pixels.

I don't really care what they do with it, because even if I play it I will only dabble.
    Personal opinion: they need to leave out all QoL changes people want. Updated graphics are fine, bug fixes are fine (game crashes/etc shouldn't exist); however, people should get vanilla as that is what they have been pining for all along. To ask for QoL fixes and stupid things like that take away from what vanilla was and shouldn't happen.
    You asked for it, you should get what you asked for. To ask for more just shows you aren't into vanilla as much as you think you are.
    I never played vanilla, but if I had a chance to I'd want to play it as it was, as that is the game I've heard about over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I don't really care what they do with it, because even if I play it I will only dabble.
    Personal opinion: they need to leave out all QoL changes people want. Updated graphics are fine, bug fixes are fine (game crashes/etc shouldn't exist); however, people should get vanilla as that is what they have been pining for all along. To ask for QoL fixes and stupid things like that take away from what vanilla was and shouldn't happen.
    You asked for it, you should get what you asked for. To ask for more just shows you aren't into vanilla as much as you think you are.
    I never played vanilla, but if I had a chance to I'd want to play it as it was, as that is the game I've heard about over the years.
    You don't realize that asking for it to be pure is asking for more. They are entertaining the thought of classic servers and EVERYONE (even the purists) want more!

Be happy they're even working on something classic! And realize you don't dictate how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    You don't realize that asking for it to be pure is asking for more. They are entertaining the thought of classic servers and EVERYONE (even the purists) want more!
    Speak for yourself. I want the least QoL changes that didn't happen in Vanilla. They haven't said any of that. Just that the server was announced and in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    There will be Visual upgrades, and there will be class balance passes (thank fucking christ) but the game play systems will be left largely alone.
    Care to share your sources?