Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're the one claiming it's an effective parenting method. I'm asking for proof. You're the one who used the term "beating them".

Do you have an actual argument or are you going to continue pathetic attempts at being witty?
    How about this. All these "hands off" parents have had their children grown up to be Millennials.

Millennials are 9/10 fucking weak milksops who demand you to use their special pronouns and "Literally can't even" having a political leader not be their personal choice.

You're the one claiming it's an effective parenting method. I'm asking for proof. You're the one who used the term "beating them".

Do you have an actual argument or are you going to continue pathetic attempts at being witty?
    Yes. Beating like you would beat a drum. Beating like you would beat a rug. You don't fucking punch and choke and kick those things, you sad man. I'm sorry that you were more than likely beaten that way, but trigger words can have other meanings.

I already stated my argument. You said something insanely stupid, which was that "The reason literally doesn't matter" for causing emotional damage. I said it can matter because there are obviously situations that would be more likely to cause emotional damage (hitting for no reason like some parents do).

You're just a defensive forum fanatic (thanks to your parents) who can't handle being wrong.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Exactly the point, Physical punishment should NEVER be damaging, but it should be heavily emotionally invested. I usually got a clip around the ear every time I acted up in the shops or out with my dad.

Nothing to hurt me, a literal clip on the ear, But it was a physical gesture to show I have crossed a line.

From what I see with modern Parents, they literally do note parent their children.
    maybe because they are too busy doing the school's job for them, but that is another story.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    I disagree.
    You can't convince me to change my behavior. You must be a shitty person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    maybe because they are too busy doing the school's job for them, but that is another story.
    Like what? Most modern parents I see today try and be the "Hip and cool" hands off parents. Especially Mothers.

Mothers are a fucking plague.

i'd like to say that corporal punish is never ever the answer.
    but the truth is, some kids are assholes and deserve it

but of course thats a fine line, and it eventually effects the ones who DONT deserve it....so who knows man.
    just use some common sense about that kinda thing

You shouldn't ever give a kid a 'beating', but smacking their ass when they're at an age it can break through a tantrum? Sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    You can't convince me to change my behavior. You must be a shitty person.
    At least I'm not dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    At least I'm not dense.
    Of course you are. You don't know how to convince me to change my behavior.

Do you have any idea how hard you beat a rug? That's pretty fucked up. Wait, I thought earlier you said I was one of those people who were never spanked? Now I'm someone whose been punched and choked? Make up your mind.

Just because one situation is more or less likely to cause emotional damage doesn't mean they don't all have the potential to cause emotional damage. Once again you're struggling with words and simple logic.
    You swat a rug. Maybe you never had a hand layed on you which is why you seem to know literally nothing about the subject and are acting like it will cripple you for life if you ever get touched?

Really just because one situation is less likely to cause emotional damage doesn't mean they all don't have potential to cause it? Loving kids and only speaking to them nicely has potential to cause emotional damage. Them looking at a dolphin has the potential to cause emotional damage.

This is where you are taking the argument. Did your parents teach you these amazing tactics? they seem to radiate intelligence.

If I were a parent, then that means that I have only 18 years (or thereabouts) to guide baby into being an adult. That's it - 18 years and there are no do-overs.
    Spanking a child should be designed to change behavior, and directly related to that behavior. As a parent I hope that I would know my kids well enough to discern the right amount. If a stern word might be sufficient for child A, but insufficient for child B. At no time should this spanking ever become so severe that it becomes abuse.

The goal is to help them become an adult. I feel sorry for a lot of kids nowadays, it used to be that kids were given increasing amounts of responsibility so childhood was an on-ramp to adulthood. But nowadays kids are kids until one day they're an adult, so the on-ramp has turned into a cliff. I rather think that this is harsher.

Deleted
    Let me know why this study is wrong. Thanks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048/

Some key points
    Because I checked the sources, specifically [11]

They're all fucking Speculative and "Projections"

Let me know why this study is wrong. Thanks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048/

Some key points
    Good job you actually found something not from a blog to blindly follow without reading. I look forward to discussing it with you after reading it, because you know, my parents taught me to actually read things before just tossing it out there, which you already made the mistake of doing.

See ya in a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Because I checked the sources, specifically [11]

They're all fucking Speculative and "Projections"
    Wait he didn't read this one either? God that's funny! Oh man this is going to be good. What a well raised individual with very smart parents! They taught him to look special on the forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    SWEDEN.
    The country of feminazis and people who try to fix the whole world.
    I'm sorry but even though I live in Sweden I just can't take anything serious from the Swedish culture. It's actually what triggered this post. It's just one of many stupid Swedish rules.
    Go back to being vikings, not manbun boys.
    Oh yea, cause plunder and murder is cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Good job you actually found something not from a blog to blindly follow without reading. I look forward to discussing it with you after reading it, because you know, my parents taught me to actually read things before just tossing it out there, which you already made the mistake of doing.

See ya in a bit.
    I'll save you the entire thing honestly with this

"To address the causality question within ethical bounds, researchers designed prospective studies involving children who had equivalent levels of aggression or antisocial behaviour at the beginning of the study. In addition, increasingly sophisticated statistical modeling techniques were applied to correlational studies to aid understanding of the results. These studies changed the way in which physical punishment would be researched over the subsequent decade and redrew the landscape of the debate."

Literally "We changed from using the scientific method to try and find a link"

Your logical fallacy would be known as a false dichotomy.
    Its not a logical fallacy when arguing against someone speaking in absolutes. "Its never ok to hit a woman!" "What if she's trying to murder you?"

there is little scientific evidence for it being good and there is a plethora of evidence suggesting it can have an assortment of negative psychological impacts on the child later on (this does NOT mean that the child will have some sort of PTSD/anxiety problem like most of you child beaters tend to assume is what we mean)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

Wait he didn't read this one either? God that's funny! Oh man this is going to be good. What a well raised individual with very smart parents! They taught him to look special on the forums.
    90% of this post talks about "Meta-Data" gained from A few Canadian studies, that literally went

"Oh here are some familes than spank"

"Here are some that don't"

"OH NO THE SPANKING ONES SEEM TO HAVE A TREND IN ASOCIAL BEHAVIOUR"

And you know what one of the best lines that disproves the entire thing?

At the end.

For example, physicians can educate parents on child development to reduce angry and punitive responses to normative child behaviours and provide resources on positive discipline.

So it shows the entire study doesn't differentiate between Methodical physical punishment and Literal Child-beating.

Deleted
    I'm not convinced a slap is really that negative on children. A problem with this discussion is people exaggerating what others mean and replying with emotion. My mother slapped my bottom as a child and I absolutely adore my mother

10+ Year Old Account
    Children are like animals that slowly learn how to talk. They do dumb shit and sometimes the only way to convey how much you should not do something is through a harmless but stunning smack.

Your child, who is too young to fully understand why it's a bad thing to do, steals candy from the store.
    A light smack of the hand is not out of the question but a stern talking to is going to happen.
    Does it again after that? A smack of the hand is defiantly going to happen.

Your child has taken to licking electrical sockets, to spite your constant objections.
    Clearly, given the danger involved and the fact the child has ignored any level of "talking to" it is time to use a swift and universal message for their own protection.

Beating your children is not acceptable.
    Being over eager for "physical punishment" is dancing on the line.
    Always talk to your children. Reason with them as equals.
    Use Physical punishment only when words have failed or to show how serious the situation is, and always use the lightest amount of force.

Use the kitten test, say your kitten is chewing on power cables, and every time you pull it away it runs back over and starts chewing, it is now time to hit the kitten to tell it to stop before it kills itself. How hard do you hit the kitten? That his how hard you should hit your child in a similar situation.

And above everything, never be mad. Being visibly angry during any punishment muddies the waters and ruins any kind of tangible lesson.

Keeping your cool is stressful situations with your kids will have a lasting impact on you, building that habit will allow you to get through the truly terrible parts of being a parent without spanking your child in the middle of a Walmart because he wanted the stuffed animal he saw sticking out of the homeless ladies kart/home by the door and hasn't stop screaming at the top of his lungs for the past twenty minutes and has been ignoring every attempt to calm him and want ti to stop but hes been like this all day and you're dead inside.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.