Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Don't play then? Pretty easy solution. I'll never understand this stupid vanilla justice warrior trend is with wanting 0 change, that's what your shitty private servers are for if you want a broken shitty game. Let the rest of us enjoy a vanilla style game on an updated client. And if your response contains the slippery slope argument, it is so ludacris, it's obsurd to me that anyone even makes that argument, updating textures, models and interface options is not even remotely relevant to adding things like dungeon finder.
    You said it best yourself, dont play vanilla kid.

The rest of us dont want the changes, for you, there is modern.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's extremely unlikely that they will use the new animations in vanilla. The new models though, i can see being a toggle of some sort.

I expect the gameplay to be identical, but i believe they will use the battle.net infrastructure and it's integration.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The new ones look so much better tho.
    "My opinion is more important than yours!" - We're not even acknowledging that your opinion is literally not "Vanilla WoW", but instead Classic+. You don't really want to play vanilla, yet you want to fuck it up for the ones that actually do. Lemme guess, are you in favor of the new world PvP rule set coming to BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    How do different character models / animations affect the gameplay?
    It effects immersion. The new animations are terrible and the spell effects look rediculous and over the top. We were wizards and warriors at one time not people who harnessed nuclear power in our hands. Vanilla is about adventure not the perception that we are gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    "My opinion is more important than yours!" - We're not even acknowledging that your opinion is literally not "Vanilla WoW", but instead Classic+. You don't really want to play vanilla, yet you want to fuck it up for the ones that actually do. Lemme guess, are you in favor of the new world PvP rule set coming to BfA?
    Then classic is not for you. They are making classic for millions of people to come back to WoW, not you retail snowflakes. Catering to you cucks is what made the game as pathetic as it is now.

However, recent interviews indicate that the game is going to be pure vanilla. They are not going to change anything. Especially not models.

New character models should be used. I personally like the new models a lot, will never toggle back but a toggle would be the best. If not, keep the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    It effects immersion. The new animations are terrible and the spell effects look rediculous and over the top. We were wizards and warriors at one time not people who harnessed nuclear power in our hands. Vanilla is about adventure not the perception that we are gods.
    I still have hard time to agree with this but I guess they could make old/new models optional. Like before Legion, where you could use old models if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    I don't want to play Vanilla because I want updated models?

Lmao. I probably raided more of Vanilla in half a year than you have when Retail was live.

No, it has nothing to do with immersion. It's just obsessive/pathologic perception towards Vanilla and personal preference. "I don't like new models, therefore they are not immerrsive" is such a ridiculous statement. "I do not like them" is a better and far more accurate sentence. And let me tell you, I am one of those people who complain about immersion a lot...

Then classic is not for you. They are making classic for millions of people to come back to WoW, not you retail snowflakes. Catering to you cucks is what made the game as pathetic as it is now.
    You don't even know what Classic is. The devs even don't know how it is going to be. They are asking community feedback. Do not act like it is already determined and it is not for "us".

However, recent interviews indicate that the game is going to be pure vanilla. They are not going to change anything. Especially not models.
    The interview in OP is today's date. In the very fucking first question, they are directly asking community to go with old or new models and here you are telling that they will not change anything, and "especially not models".

Instead of rabidly insulting people, calm down and try to understand what is being written and what Blizzard is asking. If you can't get it on the first run, read one more time and keep reading until you understand.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-14 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    the textures are good, but the animations are so crap.

You what mate?

Deleted

You what mate?
    The running animations mate, the idle ones are also crap.........

But i still prefer the older ones.

You what mate?
    Looks terrible.

Classic should have classic models/animations/spell fx, hell I want it in modern WoW aswell, everything they've updated in Legion is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF it was then, its how it should be in WoW Classic,
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-11-14 at 08:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Don't play then? Pretty easy solution. I'll never understand this stupid vanilla justice warrior trend is with wanting 0 change, that's what your shitty private servers are for if you want a broken shitty game. Let the rest of us enjoy a vanilla style game on an updated client. And if your response contains the slippery slope argument, it is so ludacris, it's obsurd to me that anyone even makes that argument, updating textures, models and interface options is not even remotely relevant to adding things like dungeon finder.
    "broken shitty game" it seems the person that doesn't want vanilla is you. Along with almost everyone on mmochamp's vanilla forums. Most people are like OP and don't want their game changed in a single bit. People like you will complain to Blizzard and tell them everyone wants new models/animations just to see the classic servers fail just so you can laugh at the people that have been wanting Blizzard vanilla servers. You should stay off the Vanilla forums cause you are a cancer.

You what mate?
    Blizzard should not listen basement dwellers who's only happy moment in life was their Vanilla experience and they want to catch it again. Guess what dudes, it's not the game, it's you. Now let us have proper technical infrastructure in Classic servers while retaining gameplay elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Blizzard should not listen basement dwellers who's only happy moment in life was their Vanilla experience and they want to catch it again. Guess what dudes, it's not the game, it's you. Now let us have proper technical infrastructure in Classic servers while retaining gameplay elements.
    so because I like old models I'm a basement dweller, aight them.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    so because I like old models I'm a basement dweller, aight them.
    You are NOT if you respect my preference to have new models, just like I respect yours and advise a toggle option as a pro-new-model player.

New character models should be used. I personally like the new models a lot, will never toggle back but a toggle would be the best. If not, keep the new models.

If you can't do that, and you just want the old models in Vanilla servers, you are a fucking unhappy basement dweller, yes.

Deleted
    You are NOT if you respect my preference to have new models, just like I respect yours and advise a toggle option as a pro-new-model player.

If you can't do that, and you just want the old models in Vanilla servers, you are a fucking unhappy basement dweller, yes.
    I cannot respect an option, when in legion they removed the old animations, and they might do that in classic to allow the implementaiton of the new models.

If the option leaves old models completely unchanged (old animation and old textures) I'll be okay with it.

Go back to LTA you purist scum.

I've played all the servers you described aswell, and I don't think it would be a bad idea to change minor things at all. You're being egotistical as hell. If making minor changes that won't affect gameplay, but make the game more pallatable to more people, who are you to stop them?

I play live and I'm perfectly fine with what they've done with the look there, but to have that in vanilla content would just be odd.

Like I've said previously Blizzard has to be very careful with these decisions. They know there is a core out there that wants everything as it was ( minus the bugs ), but if you mess with it too much then you lose them. That core will be around for years, but will those that want all of these changes be around for the long haul if they make them?

If Blizzard is just doing it for potential profit I have a strange feeling they are just going to be chopping the legs of the project off before it ever gets started. At most there needs to be a toggle, forcing the new stuff like it is in Legion would push so many away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Looks terrible.
    Go play Mario then, I like being able to tell which pixel is my character.

Bloody hipsters.