10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've only had 2 legitimate losses out of 10 games, most of which have been losses. Literally all the others have at MINIMUM one person who throws by picking a sub par character, no one saying anything to them, then they just don't do anything on purpose while typing bullshit in chat. I've reported more people per game tonight than the entire history of the game. It's just escalating at this point. Why do any of us even play anymore?
    I think people are just fed up with matchmaking. I know that I am.

It's like, your team is fighting at the point and you kill 3 people with deadeye but can't solo a Roadhog before they kill you after the damage you've taken leaving you near death and half your team is now chasing a Genji around the map ignoring the objective and the other 2 people on your team just insta died to spamrat's Megaskill 360 No Scope Swag Rekter so you're just kind of sitting there like wow what the actual fuck?

But one of your other dps actually comes back and chunks junkrat's shit before he can even touch the ground so you're like "yeah ok awesome fuck yeah that's what i'm talking about LEZ GET DIS POINT BOIYEEEE" and jump down thinking, no I take that back - assuming, with the help they're obviously going to give you because they're playing competitive because they want to win and that's why we're all playing comp and capturing the point is how you win the game, the two of you will make quick work of this roadhog but they just run the other way because they don't want to risk tarnishing their K/D trying to fight him so you just end up charging his ult with his heal and your death

you know how it is when you're so mad that you're calm? just stared at the screen waiting to explode with rage watching this fat motherfucker that shouldn't be able to walk faster than the speed of smell jump and dance all over the point by himself uncontested eating his fucking senzu twinkie while the retard olympics are taking place between our genji and enemy genji, just said "Ok, wowwwww" got up out of my chair and took my dog to the park.

Didn't play the game again until I fell off my Fallout 4 survival mode binge.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-14 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz handled the Fuey thing badly, but it’s more down to underestimating the cheerleaders for a guy who’s income depends on his OTP gimmick play style.

Realistically there are a tiny number of true OTPs like Fuey, fewer still at ranks where the player pool is so small that enough players will even notice to start reporting them regularly.

It’ll pass if Mercy’s nerf goes live tonight and that becomes the new shit storm. And what a shit storm it’ll be.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-14 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It’ll pass if Mercy’s nerf goes live tonight and that becomes the new shit storm. And what a shit storm it’ll be.
    It's another typical "overkill" nerf on Blizzard's part.

yes, resurrect is the strongest ability in the game. That's why it was fine as an ultimate. I still don't understand the argument of "It felt bad to combo your ults and have a Mercy undo it"
    Well, gee, maybe that's the team's fault for blowing your ults knowing they had a Mercy. I don't see Zenyatta or Lucio getting any rage for being able to prevent ultimate kills. I mean, I healed through 3 ults with Zen's ult before. Why isn't that nerfed then?

Now though? You need to be ON the person's corpse, takes almost 2 seconds to cast, you can be interrupted, AND you're slowed by 75%? That's ridiculous.

You're already confined to a small area to cast in, why the hell is the slow needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, gee, maybe that's the team's fault for blowing your ults knowing they had a Mercy. I don't see Zenyatta or Lucio getting any rage for being able to prevent ultimate kills. I mean, I healed through 3 ults with Zen's ult before. Why isn't that nerfed then?
    For one, Zenyatta's ult only protects against damage-over-time ultimates. Any ultimate that does enough damage to kill right out doesn't get blocked by Zen.
    For two, it's preventative, rather than reversal. When Zen pops over a Soldier ult, he's preventing that Soldier from getting kills. With Mercy, that Soldier kills your team, and then Mercy just says "nah" and rezzes everyone (speaking of the original rez). That feels "worse", because you didn't so much get countered as the enemy team got a do-over.

TBH, if I had my druthers, I'd increase the range on rez, possibly make it work through walls, and have the player rez at Mercy's location, not where they died. BUT, remove the bonus rez from her ultimate and possibly increase the timer slightly, to 40-45s between resurrects. The short range and the slow just feel abusive; I'd rather the rez were flexible and strong, and just more rare to counteract that, so Mercy wants to hold it for critical players rather than popping it basically on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For one, Zenyatta's ult only protects against damage-over-time ultimates. Any ultimate that does enough damage to kill right out doesn't get blocked by Zen.
    For two, it's preventative, rather than reversal. When Zen pops over a Soldier ult, he's preventing that Soldier from getting kills. With Mercy, that Soldier kills your team, and then Mercy just says "nah" and rezzes everyone (speaking of the original rez). That feels "worse", because you didn't so much get countered as the enemy team got a do-over.

TBH, if I had my druthers, I'd increase the range on rez, possibly make it work through walls, and have the player rez at Mercy's location, not where they died. BUT, remove the bonus rez from her ultimate and possibly increase the timer slightly, to 40-45s between resurrects. The short range and the slow just feel abusive; I'd rather the rez were flexible and strong, and just more rare to counteract that, so Mercy wants to hold it for critical players rather than popping it basically on CD.
    But that's my issue with balancing in this game.

It's based off of "feels" rather than "this is actually important". I mean, Roadhog was borderline useless for the longest time because it "felt bad" to be killed by him, despite it being fully a positioning issue. (Hell, I still run into people who think "Mercy's healing me, that means I can run back out into open fire!").

I also don't think it's exactly fair to be say one is fine because it's preventative rather than reversal. The reversal also comes with a fatal flaw itself, and that's that Mercy can be killed first, especially with the amount of flankers we have. People were too focused on "Oh but Mercy can just hide" rather than "Genji/Tracer can instantly gib her now basically because she's alone". Or heck, maybe instead of Graviton Surge into a team wipe, save the ult until after Mercy rezzing the team, and then wipe them again. Now, the Mercy wasted her ult, and you just helped your team get more ult by being able to wipe their team out again.

I mean, Mercy went from being "it feels bad" to "SHE MUST BE IN EVERY GAME NOW". It was a horrible attempt to balance something that wasn't really needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But that's my issue with balancing in this game.

It's based off of "feels" rather than "this is actually important". I mean, Roadhog was borderline useless for the longest time because it "felt bad" to be killed by him, despite it being fully a positioning issue. (Hell, I still run into people who think "Mercy's healing me, that means I can run back out into open fire!").

I also don't think it's exactly fair to be say one is fine because it's preventative rather than reversal. The reversal also comes with a fatal flaw itself, and that's that Mercy can be killed first, especially with the amount of flankers we have. People were too focused on "Oh but Mercy can just hide" rather than "Genji/Tracer can instantly gib her now basically because she's alone". Or heck, maybe instead of Graviton Surge into a team wipe, save the ult until after Mercy rezzing the team, and then wipe them again. Now, the Mercy wasted her ult, and you just helped your team get more ult by being able to wipe their team out again.

I mean, Mercy went from being "it feels bad" to "SHE MUST BE IN EVERY GAME NOW". It was a horrible attempt to balance something that wasn't really needed.
    Eh, I think they needed to kill the "hide from the teamfight so you can get the glorious 5-man rez" thing. They just balanced the change poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Eh, I think they needed to kill the "hide from the teamfight so you can get the glorious 5-man rez" thing. They just balanced the change poorly.
    I just don't see it as any differently than other strategies.

You're entering a team fight 5v6 down a healer to have the Mercy hide, it's already running a risk there, one that the other team can screw you over with by sending one person to go find the Mercy. That's still far better than what currently happens, and now what's going to happen with Mercy just being a dead pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an absolutely awful night. 6-6 and gain 47SR but every match was atrociously balanced. Again, it's the premades with massive variance in their SR make up that absolutely ruin it. They have to do something by now, surely?

Had a ridiculous run of teammates for my placement games, no leavers/trolls but just failing to take advantage of anything that happened, went 0-10, got ~2100.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrik View Post
    Had a ridiculous run of teammates for my placement games, no leavers/trolls but just failing to take advantage of anything that happened, went 0-10, got ~2100.
    Well, not sure about you, but I'd consider that a good run. Placements games do not have a ~huge impact on your SR anyway, but at least you didn't seem to have toxic teammates.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Well, not sure about you, but I'd consider that a good run. Placements games do not have a ~huge impact on your SR anyway, but at least you didn't seem to have toxic teammates.
    Yeah, not exactly unhappy with this result, but also not entirely sure I was having a lot of what I would classify as "fun" while playing.

Placements were absolute shitfest, 2W/1D/7L and I got ranked straight up 200SR lower than previously. I was actually considering playing more comp in addition to placements this time to increase my rank, but screw that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    comp in a nutshell
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-15 at 02:01 AM.

Think I'm just going to take a nice, long break from the game. For the past week I have been getting 2-3 bad games for every 1 good one. Last season I could actually climb the ranks a bit. This one I've encountered more toxic/selfish players over the last week than I did all last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Placements were absolute shitfest, 2W/1D/7L and I got ranked straight up 200SR lower than previously. I was actually considering playing more comp in addition to placements this time to increase my rank, but screw that noise.
    Wins and losses mean nothing towards your sr, it is based on your performance on the characters you played compared to others and what ever your rank was it will place you with people of that rank for your placement matches so you will magically end up that rank +/- your personal performance.

If you ended up playing characters you suck at in placements (to cover for lack of healer or tank, what ever) then your sr will take a dump on you because the game sees you suck at those characters.

Also original placements are a little wonky, my kid who never played fps ranked plat, then dumped into silver. Eventually she fought her way back with a group of premades to plat. She shouldnt of started in plat.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-15 at 04:31 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1st game - hanzo thrower shooting arrows from spawn
    2nd game - attack torb throw

almost back down to gold. fuck this game.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, there's an update. Game 3, matched with someone named 'onlytorb'. Proceeds to torb, I carried the round as pharah. Carried second round as pharah, but we lose, switch to widow to deal with pharah, who also switched to widow. Keep her dead all match, she switches back to pharah. Keep her dead as well. Tank says "Two golds as tank (roadhog btw) dps is bad, thanks widowmaker." I also had gold kills, with the same number. Loss, third in a row.

4th game, get placed with onlytorb again. FML.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think Im a bit late to this change but now that Im playing more, I need to ask what the actual hell kind of a change this was.

Why do projectiles dissapear mid flight if you die (like Pharah rockets), and why the hell do ultimates dissapear into nothingness after being thrown (Mei ult).

Im struggling to think of a practical reason they would change this, it feels like a bug when it happens, but im 99% sure its related to the halloween update notes with the ultimate changes.
    It didnt use to do that, and it has pissed me off so much with mei that I refuse to play her anymore. You not only get no effect but you lose the ult too.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Hmm so placement put me at something like 2000-2100 which I think is the lowest I ever placed, and I dropped down to the 1700 range. First time I've ever been below 2k. I don't know what's going on, I'm mostly playing the same heroes I usually do but I got on something like 8+ game losing streaks.

I played again a few days ago and clawed back a few hundred points pretty easily. Are there like, bad times to play or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Wins and losses mean nothing towards your sr, it is based on your performance on the characters you played compared to others and what ever your rank was it will place you with people of that rank for your placement matches so you will magically end up that rank +/- your personal performance.

If you ended up playing characters you suck at in placements (to cover for lack of healer or tank, what ever) then your sr will take a dump on you because the game sees you suck at those characters.

Also original placements are a little wonky, my kid who never played fps ranked plat, then dumped into silver. Eventually she fought her way back with a group of premades to plat. She shouldnt of started in plat.
    Yeah yeah I know all that, which is why I played my best (support) character, just like in previous season where I placed higher. But if the matches are total garbage then how are you gonna get good stats.