Poll: WoD or Legion hunter better?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    for me
    BM when beastial wrath give immunity to stun cc etc
    MM actually loved MEME build from legion! hope from something like this maybe a little tweak (40-50%) for more proc from leggendary ring for MEME
    SV cataclysm best specc ever made!

WoD, because ranged Survival was a thing, and MM currently feels terrible to play. I can't even swap specs since I've got all my points in BM now, and no Legendaries for anything else. As a fairly casual raider, I makes me not even want to *try* anything else.

In all the time since Vanilla, Blizzard have implemented no new ranged specs, and now they've gone one further and actually removed one. What next? Melee warlocks and mages? This is why there are always mountains of melee trying to get in raids, and nobody wants them.

I played hunter because it was the only real ranged on the move class. BM is now too much like a summoner (the fact that I don't like guns for my hunter doesn't help), and MM is now way too static. I don't mind the theory of BM being more pet-oriented or even survival being melee, but I didn't care for the feel of them. Mainly though, I just miss shooting on the move. MM feels too much like a caster to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by nirv View Post
    wtf? This forum just lost all credibility with me.

Legion introduced Vigilance Perch BoE gloves, Call of the Wild bracers, Bear Tartare food, Apex Predator ring, Underlight Anger fishing pole, and a few artifact traits like Pathfinder and Slithering Serpents which make soloing both easy and difficult content as a Hunter SO much better.

Are you guys nuts? I've been a Hunter since 2005 and I can say objectively Hunters have even more options for efficiency and survival (such as the legendary Roots legs that HEAL YOU) that make doing things like Argus world quests easy without the threat of dying at all.

NO Hunter in WoD could run this dungeon as fast as I do right now in 2017. It's not even a comparison.
    I sincerely hope this is a troll post...

MoP survival always

<<KittyKat Extraordinaire>> MaddyDubV#1399

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Overall I don't like any changes. BM is only about pets and removes all the shooting, MM is only about shooting and removes pets, survival is horrible in every way in my opinion. What do you think?

BM- Its the first BM iteration that I actually semi-enjoy... its always been a strong yet lackluster spec for me though.

MM- Not a fan... I liked the removal of pets actually, but I think I prefer the WoD iteration best/better

SV - I loved SV in WoD... it was my go to soloing spec. I do like the idea of going back to the roots and having a melee spec (but it definitely fell flat). It needs a better rotation and concept, and for god's sake better and unique animations. (if any class is in need of a 4th spec though its SV give people back the SV they grew to love, and make a 4th spec for those that have embraced melee life [again])

Survival hunter was my goddamn jam in MoP / WoD...it was not the best spec, but it was the most fun for me and I loved that shit.

Legion destroyed the class for me. I haven't played my hunter since launch :/

Shame that TBC isn't an option.
    BM was fun till they nerfed the living hell out of it after 3.08 when volley got nerfed to shit
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account

Legion introduced Vigilance Perch BoE gloves, Call of the Wild bracers, Bear Tartare food, Apex Predator ring, Underlight Anger fishing pole, and a few artifact traits like Pathfinder and Slithering Serpents which make soloing both easy and difficult content as a Hunter SO much better.

Are you guys nuts? I've been a Hunter since 2005 and I can say objectively Hunters have even more options for efficiency and survival (such as the legendary Roots legs that HEAL YOU) that make doing things like Argus world quests easy without the threat of dying at all.

NO Hunter in WoD could run this dungeon as fast as I do right now in 2017. It's not even a comparison.

Unfortunately though you're assuming one piece of crucial information.

That people having all the legendaries to choose from. Which just goes to show what a shit show design they were.

Some people are just having a much better time with legion and consequently are playing a very different game.

so ur opinion on class design is based on soloing some old ass dungeon? lol

MoP Surv was the fucking shit. I would give my left nut to get it back.

No. It's part of it, though.

When I'm doing world quests, I notice every other class having trouble. Just today I saw a really geared dps warrior drop to 85% HP from just one mob. That never happens to me on a Hunter because I've got the healing legendary legs, legendary ring, and build such as Aspect of the Beast that makes my pet essentially not take damage plus my turtle pet with his shield. It's fantastic.

Hunters are better than they've ever been for farming current and old dungeons for collecting and gold as well as current content such as world quests. We have so many awesome tools. What's with you guys? Do you NOT like being powerful and fast or something? I mean geezus.
    I want an engaging gameplay. Having to press 2 buttons is not gameplay. I don't care if I die, I want my hunter back.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's part of it, though.

When I'm doing world quests, I notice every other class having trouble. Just today I saw a really geared dps warrior drop to 85% HP from just one mob. That never happens to me on a Hunter because I've got the healing legendary legs, legendary ring, and build such as Aspect of the Beast that makes my pet essentially not take damage plus my turtle pet with his shield. It's fantastic.

Hunters are better than they've ever been for farming current and old dungeons for collecting and gold as well as current content such as world quests. We have so many awesome tools. What's with you guys? Do you NOT like being powerful and fast or something? I mean geezus.

LMFAO, like Legion is the only expansion where hunters were the kings of soloing? I remember back when transmog was first introduced in Cata, they were by far the best class to solo & farm content on, with an even better toolkit and utility back then compared to now. I would gladly take that hunter over what we have today. And for the record, I do have several legendaries (mostly BM), they don't really contribute to making the class anywhere as fun or OP as it used to be.

By the way, I do have the pants (meh heal that requires you to stand still, not ideal unless you are MM), not exactly game-breaking in any way, any decent hunter was able to do those things you seem to think only hunters can do in Legion.

Things I miss:
    MOP - BM & SV ... Lynx Rush, Dire Beast, Rapid Fire, Kill Shot, Glaive Toss, Lock n Load-Explosive Shot, Serpent Spread Multi-shot, etc.

Do I sound like a troll in my video? Look how fast I am.
    I am just having a hard time understanding how farming an irrelevant dungeon is somehow a even worth mentioning when talking about end-game class design... It's like someone saying that a car is a piece of crap, and you're like, "But look at how it has seats and a steering wheel!"

Aimed shot on the move
    Chimera Shot
    Kill shot
    Steady Shot

Mmmmmm thats how it should be

I dont like most of the changes to gameplay, but i like them thematically.

Because I judge classes based on the entire package. How good is it at everything you can do in the game. What are it's true strengths and weaknesses? We all know that one druid strength is its instant flight form, but that would be totally useless in raids, right? So you're just going to forget about that and pretend it doesn't exist?

I do a lot of different things in wow as I'm sure many hunters here do. They don't JUST raid, or JUST do mythic+, or JUST do world quests. This specific poll didn't mention anything about raids -- it just says do you prefer wod or legion Hunter overall? To me, it's clearly Legion Hunters for several reasons--not just their superior ability to farm transmog gear for collection or gold making. Their ability to solo Legion content is pretty fantastic. To me, what makes the Hunter fun is how much utility it has, and boy we've got a lot.

I don't ever die from falling damage. --Disengage
    I don't ever have to wait for that stupid combat bug to mount up. -- Feign Death
    I don't get my ass kicked if I pull too many mobs on Argus or Broken Isle. -- Turtle tenacity pet with shell + misdirection + ability to dot heal and continue dps unlike warlocks who have to stop to heal their pets.
    Goblin glider removed from all dungeons? No problem. Hunters can tame Rylak pets and give ourselves Updraft (slowfall), combine that with disengage and you're leaping over chasms such as the ones in AQ20, BRD, Dire Maul etc. It's useful.

Hunters can do it all, and the things Blizzard added in Legion make us even better overall. How could we be worse? Do we do less damage? Are we slower? If Blizzard had kept the traps from Beast Mastery spec, I would probably have agreed that WoD Hunters were better. I don't like utility being taken away from me, but we got them back, and we got even more utility now.

Do you realize my cobra shots are down to 26 focus cost right now? Do you know how insanely useful that is in both current raid content AND old dungeon farming?

If you want me to get deep into it, post a Discord. I'm not a fan of typing and it takes so long to type crap nobody understands. When I speak in voice, 3 seconds later mysteriously everyone understands where I'm coming from, but in text, they think I'm trolling. I don't get it at all.
    We could do all that plus more before Legion. As a BM Hunter, I used to have an execute, a pet snare break, a ranged taunt, a stealth, a persistent movement speed buff, the ability to summon all 5 pets at once, a knockback, a 1.0-sec GCD, and 0% downtime. I've lost all of those things, apparently in the name of 'class fantasy' yet I don't see any appreciable improvement in the spec's identity, not that that's something that can actually be measured.

You claim that Legion improved our ability to solo but it really hasn't. We didn't actually gain[/b] any functionality. Hell, I'd argue our self healing for soloing is LOWER now due to the loss of the old Spirit Bond. We have a different self-heal now by the same name, but it's a) incredibly weak, b) doesn't heal the pet, and c) will be gone after this expansion since it's tied to the artifact. Once again, the loss of Distracting Shot means I can no longer taunt away from my pet and kite if my pet is getting trucked. I almost forgot: I used to have infinite misdirect from my pet, now I don't. Aspect of the Cheetah was great because you could keep it up for huge stretches of time; now it's a pretty sub-par sprint. Even little quality-of-life things like a longer disengage are gone due to the removal of Glyphs.

The only real plus is the healing on Aspect of the Turtle, which is once again tied to the artifact and won't exist next expansion. Also, Exhilaration being baseline is nice, but I would MUCH prefer the old Spirit Bond for soloing. Over all, BM absolutely feels weaker after Legion for soloing as a result of all the above, and a ton of helpful utilities are gone either through the remade talents, the removed glyphs, or just pruned baseline abilities. As for the BM playstyle itself: bad. We had a 1.0 sec GCD before Legion with an active focus generator meaning we were never standing around waiting. Our playstyle was more involved and complex too (relatively speaking).

In summary, your post is basically listing all the cool little benefits of playing BM and mistakenly identifying them as Legion additions. Everything you mentioned was stuff we already had. What pisses people off about Legion Hunter is that it feels like a downgrade due to the newer and worse playstyle plus all the pruned stuff. Yes, we still have advantages: that doesn't mean the expansion wasn't a downgrade.

WoD for sure. All 3 specs were more fun for me.

In particular I miss MM. It went from my absolute favorite spec in the game (among all classes), to one of my least favorite.

I levelled an MM hunter from 1 to 100 just to play in Legion, logged in the first day of legion and ALL my main action bar buttons were blank.

Everything was gone. Tried to play it since and it just feels clunky and unenjoyable.

R.I.P. Annafred

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    MoP Survival.
    This.

The only good thing I can think about MoP though.

On a side note: I so hate this Blizzard manner to constantly change classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.