Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think using new models and new animations would be silly. Fundamentally, if they change the models and animations, everywhere you look will scream "NOT VANILLA".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    But they understand WoW was never perfect and there are ways, how to make Vanilla better.
    Blizzard tried this. It was a net positive up until Cataclysm and we've only gone downhill since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    if they force the shit new character models on us and the new animations rigs and skeletons I will not play.
    And nothing of value was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Blizzard tried this. It was a net positive up until Cataclysm and we've only gone downhill since then.
    So, hopefully they will do better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Who should they listen to ? the Purist or the "Legion Vanilla" crowd?
    They should listen to everyone who wants to come back to relive the old world. There are tens of millions of players that are potentially interested in Classic because they miss vanilla and haven't been able to play it for 10 years.
    The few 100k on private servers who have already experienced vanilla recently isn't the only people they need to cater to, in fact they're probably in a huge minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, hopefully they will do better this time.
    No thanks. Considering they've had the opportunity to do better on live, and have only done worse, I'd rather not. They've had enough chances.

Plus, we've literally seen pitches to introduce the fucking post-Cata world and quests. These morons don't need to be enabled at all.

No thanks. Considering they've had the opportunity to do better on live, and have only done worse, I'd rather not. They've had enough chances.
    Thankfully, that's not up to you.

Are you really not interested, how wow would look like, if they would not remove the most interesting parts of the game and never introduced these super casual tools? Because I am actually. And if they are smart, WoW: Classic could be best WoW ever created.

Reading these forums is so disheartening. I guess it's not enough that blizzard has brought back classic servers due to massive appeal, but what it's now doing is splitting people into two different groups. Why are people whining so much? Look at the posts created here, people claiming if they add newer models they wont play lol, are you serious?

Why do people feel so entitled to get what they want just because they played the game during its original form? If you don't like what they're doing, don't play it. It's that simple. I'm sure many of the people crying on these threads are still going to end up playing it anyway despite the "horrible" changes that'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    "broken shitty game" it seems the person that doesn't want vanilla is you. Along with almost everyone on mmochamp's vanilla forums. Most people are like OP and don't want their game changed in a single bit. People like you will complain to Blizzard and tell them everyone wants new models/animations just to see the classic servers fail just so you can laugh at the people that have been wanting Blizzard vanilla servers. You should stay off the Vanilla forums cause you are a cancer.
    Most people don't talk about classic on the forums so it's presumptuous at best to talk about all who are interested in playing Vanilla and knowing what they want.

I understand that the whole point is to bring Vanilla back and a lot of people want it as-is, but it should be recognized that Blizzard also acknowledges a whole audience who had never had that experience. QoL features like optional model/anim swaps appeals to more than just one or two random forumers.

Honestly, I don't see the reason behind the blowback to having an option to swap models. I think there'd be more reason to be up in arms if this were a forced situation, and I don't think that's what anyone should discuss. No one is making an argument for Vanilla with forced new models.

And if you can't deal with people wanting new model options in Classic, then you're just as much of a problem for Blizzard in bringing back Vanilla. It's like Blizzard opting a variety of flavours of Vanilla but people like you complain that there's too many options and there should be only one flavour. If models were an option that you need to toggle to gain the effect of, it wouldn't affect your gameplay in the slightest. Yet there are so many people who think just having the option kills the Vanilla experience.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-14 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I really hope what they said in the interview was just BS made for media. If they truly are that clueless they better step aside from this project or let Blizzard ditch it altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully, that's not up to you.
    No, it probably isn't. It hasn't been up to people like me for quite some time now. Look at what's happened to the game.

Are you really not interested, how wow would look like, if they would not remove the most interesting parts of the game and never introduced these super casual tools? Because I am actually. And if they are smart, WoW: Classic could be best WoW ever created.
    What changes specifically are you angling for? Regardless, they would have to be absolute morons to listen to anything the "Vanilla, but" crowd has to say. The overwhelming majority of things I've seen pitched (Again we've had posters literally argue for the post-Cata world with a straight face), wouldn't make the game better.

Deleted
    It was example and it seems I am correct. Outside of some speculation, you have no idea how it would be bad for the game.
    What else do you want besides speculation?
    I have given you facts based on what archaeology IS that would 100% break the classic experience.
    Meanwhile, you speculate that the profession would be changed into something else that wouldn't break the game.

You are patently wrong,

I am not sure if you are trolling right now. Absurd gold gain? There is nothing absurd you can get up to level 60 even in current archeology, not even talking about fact, they would readjust prices if they would ever add it into WoW: Classic. Are you missing the point? Or I am missing something?
    There are grey rings that sell for 400g available from classic digsites. There are epic items that are obtainable from classic digsites that would be absurdly strong for how easy they are to aquire.

You are wrong and don't understand what you can get from archaeology and are asking for the profession to be completely rebalanced around an unknown economy to make it fit, end of conversation.

How I'm the troll in this conversation I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    "broken shitty game" it seems the person that doesn't want vanilla is you. Along with almost everyone on mmochamp's vanilla forums. Most people are like OP and don't want their game changed in a single bit. People like you will complain to Blizzard and tell them everyone wants new models/animations just to see the classic servers fail just so you can laugh at the people that have been wanting Blizzard vanilla servers. You should stay off the Vanilla forums cause you are a cancer.
    Stop making assumptions, I miss vanilla wow just as much as the next person and I had 60's on Nostalrius(long live convulsion), Emerald Dream and every other 60 server available. People need to stop derailing the truth, that the graphics suck, the interface options are horrid, and the client needs a complete overhaul to be savvy for todays standards. Blizzard is a company that wants to make a profit, and a smart one at that, they won't release a server that is 100% like classic, face the facts. And you will still play it. I will still play it. and hopefully new players will see it and play it also.

What changes specifically are you angling for? Regardless, they would have to be absolute morons to listen to anything the "Vanilla, but" crowd has to say. The overwhelming majority of things I've seen pitched (Again we've had posters literally argue for the post-Cata world with a straight face), wouldn't make the game better.
    It's hard to say. Maybe for Vanilla changes like some number changes in talents and making sure, specs have some use (especially tanking specs outside of warrior) and maybe improve flow of quests in some zones. That is something on my wishlist.

But what will happen after Classic will be released? What about TBC or Wrath? What if they would release TBC but without flying? Or WotLK without LFG ? Also never introduce tokens, which allows you to buy all the items? I think WoW: Classic has unique chance to fix WoW as whole.

Maybe different servers can be different iterations of vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    What, besides from offering absurd gold gains and epic armor / weapons for zero effort? Is that REALLY not enough? What more do you want, it causing the server to crash? It brings myriad problems with next to no benefits unless you REALLY like hitting the same button repeatedly for nothing if they strip the rewards out.
    Just thought this was a funny criticism over archaeology considering that's exactly what Vanilla offered through grinding mobs, which many people did since there was no meta back then for what and how the game should have been played outside of grinding mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I find it also hilarious all these white knights in here, "If they change this or this or this, I will not play."

hahaha yes you will. don't lie to yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo this is great. I was excited for the return of vanilla and I believe any cosmetic/animation/model updates will improve the game without changing it which is exactly what people want. Hell if you ever played a Dwarf Warrior in 2004 you would understand how ugly and annoying the animation is with combat and mounting if it wasnt a ram or mechanostrider. That was not the only race with problems either so updated models is a huge improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say. Maybe for Vanilla changes like some number changes in talents and making sure, specs have some use (especially tanking specs outside of warrior) and maybe improve flow of quests in some zones. That is something on my wishlist.
    The quest zone flow is a l2p issue. If we're catering to people at that skill level, these changes aren't headed in a good direction.

But what will happen after Classic will be released? What about TBC or Wrath? What if they would release TBC but without flying? Or WotLK without LFG ? Also never introduce tokens, which allows you to buy all the items? I think WoW: Classic has unique chance to fix WoW as whole.
    TBC without flying doesn't work. Flying also isn't bad. People who hate flying have fallen for the single biggest meme Blizzard has ever endorsed. Flying didn't kill community and open world interaction. Lobbies did.

Here's a better idea, rather than promoting impossible, time-consuming and/or bad changes. Let Blizzard use pure Classic Servers (and later BC, & WotLK ones) to gauge player reaction to and interaction with different elements of the game.

If something is a success, bring it over to live. If something isn't a success, leave it as is on the Classic Server, but take note and avoid it on live.

There's the opportunity to make the game better. Not splinter it, ruin vanilla and opt to create an alternate WoW. Just let Vanilla stand as-is, and encourage live to become more like vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You mean the the game that is now 13 years old and has sub counts in the millions still? That game?
    I'm talking about the game that managed to lose a little under ~50% of their subscribers in half a year. That game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I find it also hilarious all these white knights in here, "If they change this or this or this, I will not play."

hahaha yes you will. don't lie to yourselves.
    That's uhh... not what white knight means... at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is Legion Vanilla crowd ?

I think most "purist" missing the point. Most people, who are for some changes, doesn't want turn Vanilla into legion. But they understand WoW was never perfect and there are ways, how to make Vanilla better.

Thing is, that most purist can't even say why they don't want any changes aside "it is not Vanilla". But if you will ask them how for example balance changes across talent trees will cheapen old WoW experience, they can't say. Some are going as far as saying, they want keep old bugs, textures etc. Why? I have no idea..nor they have.

There are even some huge changes, which would have close to zero impact on Vanilla experience. Think about archeology for example. How would archeology cheapen Vanilla experience aside "It is not vanilla bruh"? Yet, I bet most these purist would fight, cry, whine to the end of the world, if blizzard would decide to add archeology into WoW: Classic

WoW Vanilla experience wasn't about bugs, old textures or models, loot pose stuck, hybrid tax etc., This all is just nostalgia. But what has true meaning is how old WoW was played. It was this quite hard game, with progression what felt like real progression, useful professions, these random encounters in the world, walking to the dungeon portal as group (and maybe fight other faction in the process). Everything just felt more real, not just hub based experience. And noone wants change that.
    Maybe you will understand this analogy.

Imagine that some time ago there was a company that produced vanilla flavoured icecream. It was a pure vanilla icecream, ball shaped with in a nice waffle cone. No other flavours or additives were in there. The only bad thing about it initially was that there were some little tiny waffle cone crumbs on the very surface of the icecream ball (the bugs and glitches) that were the result of imperfect manufacturing process. For a couple of years the manufacturer only produced that icecream. Yes they tweaked the weight of the actual icecream a bit but the flavour was still the same - pure vanilla in a form of a ball.
    Later they changed it to pistachio (TBC), then blueberry (WOTLK), etc. They started adding different extras like peanuts (LFD), raisins (LFR), and other things that not everybody liked. They started changing flavours, adding layers, etc. Now we have a weired combination of different flavours and additives in it but we can't buy the original vanilla flavour any more. The manufacturer said they won't manufacture it again cause we think we want it but we don't, they lost the original recipe, their manufacturing process changed significantly so they can't produce vanilla flavour any longer, etc (you know - all these excuses we heard during all these years). But we, the consumers that tried and loved that original pure vanilla flavour, kept asking, sending letters, bugging them during annual icecream shows (read Blizzcon).
    For years we could enjoy that amazing smooth and creamy taste of vanilla icecream and had to eat that free staff that some enthusiastic insividuals were making in their basement. It had even more crumbs and the taste wasn't as good but it was better than nothing, let alone the current version of officially produced icecream.
    And then icecream gods smiled at us and listened to our prayers - the manufacturer said that they will be producing that nice Vanilla icecream again but they will probably remove the waffle cone crumbs from the surface of the icecream completely as it was never their intention. Imagine the joy and happiness of all those who loved and asked for the pure original vanilla icecream? We were in heaven!

Suddenly out of nowhere a ton of current icecream lovers or previous flavour lovers showed up and started telling us that we don't want Vanilla icecream, that we actually want updated vanilla icecream with peanuts and raisins and other crap in it, that we actually need to change the flavour and all other stuff (all the whining we hear now). Not only that, but they also started telling the manufacturer that they shouldn't manufacture that initial pure vanilla icecream and rather change it cause its 2017 now and they don't want it, and it's too simple, and too boring, etc.

So listen please - we want exactly the same icecream that we ate before. If it comes with those crumbs we will be fine with it. We don't want any other changes to it whatsoever, nor even the looks of it (we want our icecream ball!!11one) or it will not be the original icecream we have been asking for.
    If the manufacturer does not comply or they will agree with that modern icecream lovers crowd we will just go back to those enthusiasts and eat their icecream because it is vanilla ball shaped icecream in a waffle cone. That's what we've been asking for and that's what we want. But I can bet a lunch that if the manufacturer will invest all the money in this production line to make "updated" vanilla icecream that is not actually real "Vanilla" vanilla icecream we would not repetitively buy it and the current icecream lovers won't as well so all that investment will be in vain.

Hope this is clear!