Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What are you basing this on? Not saying you're wrong, just curious what resources translate to, directly. Gold through missions? I haven't done the math, but resources always seemed like a fairly good thing to convert Blood of Sargeras into.
    You can also directly convert resources into bloods, but the exchange rate is atrocious: 5000 resources for 5 bloods. (compared to one blood for 200 resources/5 bloods for 1000)

It's much better to spend those 25k resources on sending out missions unless you have so much order hall resources that 25k is just a drop in the bucket to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    You can also directly convert resources into bloods, but the exchange rate is atrocious: 5000 resources for 5 bloods. (compared to one blood for 200 resources/5 bloods for 1000)

It's much better to spend those 25k resources on sending out missions unless you have so much order hall resources that 25k is just a drop in the bucket to you.
    But that's my question, what do missions give you, really, that isn't stuff helping you to do more missions. 100 Argunite every day or so? 3,000g every few days? Loot/Seal every 2 weeks? That's basically it, right? I imagine that for many people, 20% extra AP gains would be worth more, but of course that's not readily quantifiable so it remains, ultimately, a personal decision anyway.

That also ties in directly into Blood conversion. I suppose the AH market might favor something like herbs (Starlight Rose?) at times at better conversion gains?

Quote Originally Posted by foobart View Post
    One small note, the 950 missions not being worth note is wrong, you can sustain if all you're interested in is gold. Doing blood missions introduces a lot of churn (having to convert blood to resources) and creates an illusion of resource drain, but as an overall it won't be much over pre 950 missions. AE champions aren't overly expensive if you use up to one a week.
    It's a huge effort dump though, having to gear up with the gear and iLvl equips, the amount of resources you go through for that, keeping up with troops, etc. That's the biggest grind right now. Not to mention having to do the entire Argus questline.

Also regarding the "no spell counter blood missions", I'm still under the assumption they're just RNG generated.

What are you basing this on? Not saying you're wrong, just curious what resources translate to, directly. Gold through missions? I haven't done the math, but resources always seemed like a fairly good thing to convert Blood of Sargeras into.
    The fact that it's not worth it? I mean seriously, the AP gain from that garbage is so small, and we're almost capped on AK anyways.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's a huge effort dump though, having to gear up with the gear and iLvl equips, the amount of resources you go through for that, keeping up with troops, etc. That's the biggest grind right now. Not to mention having to do the entire Argus questline.
    Yes it requires gearing but there are gold missions on the way there, if you don't feel like doing argus at all than yes, but income wise 950 missions are just better. Plus the note mentions just staying at 950 and not handing the quest which is just not optimal.

Also regarding the "no spell counter blood missions", I'm still under the assumption they're just RNG generated.
    A common misconception, the counters are not random at all, the missions are preset, the only thing that varies is the spec that's needed (one of the three for the class or AE) and what penalty the counter is. The counters however are always the same, if it's minions it's always minions it can be cursed or lethal but it remains minions.

I imagine that for many people, 20% extra AP gains would be worth more,
    On alts? Why would anyone care about extra AP on alts unless they're some hardcore raiders who needs 75 traits for Antorus on 5 alts for splits? Casuals have more than enough AP than they ever need (because they do WQs that give AP but they don't do much challenging content that would remotely require that AP) and even people who raid on alts for fun (not in a hardcore guild that swaps classes per fight basis so your secondary chars need to be geared and AP-ed like your main) don't need tons of traits to do it.

I don't have Legionfall united on any char except my main (well I have it on 2 chars, 1 pre-TOS main and 1 main I had to switch for TOS), other alts I never really felt "jeez I wish I had extra AP on these". If you play them, they naturally gain some AP from raids / dungeons / other content, if you don't play them, then it's even more useless and it's better to keep OR consumption to minimum on them since they're only for mission sending, you don't wanna go grind OR on them (well they might be profession alts too).

So yeah, on alts I try to minimize resource consumption and send mostly gold missions, bloods if 200%, rep tokens if I need that rep for profession patterns or hidden artifact appearances (personal preference) and usually that's it because I don't have full equipment on alts (only have done full Argus on main, rest are locked to green so far). So they don't have super short mission timers.

Spare bloods I don't need to funnel into OR on alts (because screw farming WQ on 12 chars) go mostly into my main's raiding needs - starlight roses for flasks, prolonged power potions, leylight shards for cloak enchants (somehow I have plenty of greens and epics, but never blues).

I just don't see what kind of playstyle would justify legionfall united on anything except your main.

Yes it requires gearing but there are gold missions on the way there, if you don't feel like doing argus at all than yes, but income wise 950 missions are just better. Plus the note mentions just staying at 950 and not handing the quest which is just not optimal.
    I agree, which is why I went and fixed that section up. Sorry I've been lazy.

A common misconception, the counters are not random at all, the missions are preset, the only thing that varies is the spec that's needed (one of the three for the class or AE) and what penalty the counter is. The counters however are always the same, if it's minions it's always minions it can be cursed or lethal but it remains minions.
    So purely for gold, how many missions have M/H/S? Is there one better suited for alts to prio over the others or should you just always go 2/2/2 (Meatball as #7, no CA because alts)?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    On alts? Why would anyone care about extra AP on alts?
    Unless you're actually Mythic Raiding/Pushing M+ on multiple characters, Legionfall United is NOT worth it. You will have 75 traits on every alt with enough time. AK55 will be here soon. A ~20% gain on AP for a ridiculous 25k resources is pitiful. For your main though, it's not horrible, but man woiuldn't it be nice if it was 3 legendaries instead?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

But that's my question, what do missions give you, really, that isn't stuff helping you to do more missions. 100 Argunite every day or so? 3,000g every few days? Loot/Seal every 2 weeks? That's basically it, right? I imagine that for many people, 20% extra AP gains would be worth more, but of course that's not readily quantifiable so it remains, ultimately, a personal decision anyway.

That also ties in directly into Blood conversion. I suppose the AH market might favor something like herbs (Starlight Rose?) at times at better conversion gains?
    3000g every few days? More like 3000g every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    3000g every few days? More like 3000g every day.
    Sometimes you can make more then 3k everyday. The ones that have mac'ree questline done, they can get gold quests 2-3 times or more a day. I was thinking of pushing my priest into argus questline because she hasn't received a single gold quest for maybe ~ 1 wk.
    I don't keep exact track of exact # of missions since I do both gold and rep tokens (screw paragon mounts -.-). However, I notice every ~2 wks, my mac'ree completed questline toons are sending my main ~40k+ easily. The amount of work does pay off once those alt's followers obtain blue/epic gear.
    Personally, I skip some gold missions that require an insane amount of time such as 1 day and wait for something better to spawn.

Even 24 hour missions can be finished extremely fast if you've got three followers optimized for speed (and the order hall -20% mission duration upgrade, if applicable) rather than success chance.

Let's assume all your followers are equipped with this set of items: (-30% mission duration reduction/-25% mission duration reduction/+50% success chance for missions under 8 hours)
    Three followers: 24 * (.7^3) * (.75^3) = 3.47 hours. If you also have the order hall upgrade: 2.77 hours
    Two Followers: 24 * (.7^2) * (.75^2) = 6.62 hours. If you also have the order hall upgrade: 5.292 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    I just capped out my Druid and am trying to get his followers setup. Is there a go-to 7 to use for druid?

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I just capped out my Druid and am trying to get his followers setup. Is there a go-to 7 to use for druid?
    Not fully because it depends on your CA. A lot of people have disagreements there.

Zen'tabra is like the only consistency in that she's NEVER used due to her Spell counter.

Not fully because it depends on your CA. A lot of people have disagreements there.

Zen'tabra is like the only consistency in that she's NEVER used due to her Spell counter.
    Unless you use Remulos as a CA... Gosh I hate that "double spell second spell cursed" gold mission. Apparently counters are not random so I have to get used to having to deal with this mission from time to time (only random thing if I understand is whether that spell will cause cursed, slowing, disorienting or deadly, but it will stay a spell).

So purely for gold, how many missions have M/H/S? Is there one better suited for alts to prio over the others or should you just always go 2/2/2 (Meatball as #7, no CA because alts)?
    If you only consider gold and blood missions, than there are 3 missions with minions, 1 with spell (it however has two spell counters so you're likely to need 2 spell counters for it) and 4 with hazard.

As to counters, I think 2/2/2 is good, if you're feeling adventurous you can cut one minion for an extra hazard, I wouldn't cut spell but in theory you can give up on it (the mission 'Tech Advantage') completely and cut spells. But I don't think there is a reason to.

By extension due to mission layout, a follower with hazard and bonus to minion is good (or vice a versa) because there are a few missions where that is the case, where is for spells there is only one and it doesn't play with any other counter.

If I had my time back and could move my legendary follower items on to him, I actually think I would use Meatball as a CA rather than mission follower. While he adds a lot of success, I like to try and keep 5-6 missions running at all times, and without any direct counters or spec attached to him, I think having a normal follower actually would work out better. As a combat ally, he has the most total DPS of any of them.

If you don't want to do blood missions although they are `free` resources than there are only 4 gold missions, one of which is double spell so it essentially lowers your income by ~25% (if you choose not to run spells).

Generally 2/2/2 is preferable, if you want to cut one of these than cut one minion though I think having a CA is a waste unless you enjoy doing WQs.

Also for people wondering what the income is like, I have something that tracks it and 6500g per day per character is the average.

If you don't want to do blood missions although they are `free` resources than there are only 4 gold missions, one of which is double spell so it essentially lowers your income by ~25% (if you choose not to run spells).

Generally 2/2/2 is preferable, if you want to cut one of these than cut one minion though I think having a CA is a waste unless you enjoy doing WQs.

Also for people wondering what the income is like, I have something that tracks it and 6500g per day per character is the average.
    So whats yourfollower setup and equipment choice?

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I didn't sit down and record all of them but Hazard seems to be very common for BoS (which is nice since you want Broll on all of them) and quite a few gold missions have double Spell counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    So whats yourfollower setup and equipment choice?
    I use Meatball, Broll, Sylendra, Hamul, Brightwing, Remulus and Mylune. For eq.: reduction item, <8h, and counter (generic 30 for Meatball)