Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    There's already vQueue for vanilla servers.
    This?

Well, I can probably live with that. As people said earlier, as long as it's not cross-realm and teleportation-free, it's just a tool to help you make friends, meet people and cut down channel spams. You can probably argue that channel spamming was a vital part of the classic experience, but I'd disagree.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't see the problem behind those things as long as it remains server restricted, you will constantly see familiar names rather than new ones.

It would sort of help to build a server community, people who constantly open raids will be recognized, get a bad / good reputation based on the raids quality and so forth.
    Good luck telling that to the ''vanilla is vanilla'' purists. I think some people are in for a rude awakening as to exactly how many people will be content with no alterations or functionalities via addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    The roots of everything that made WoW Vanilla a dear memory for everyone who actually played it was that you needed to be social and friendly to be actually able to do things. That your skill and stuff had an impact on the groups you will join as well as your attitude. As you couldn't just hope in quickly in a group and be done with the dungeon or the raid, you had to have actual relationships to be able to do things.

And thus, as you lvled, you will meet people with whom you will eventually create a guild and thus make friends. That's the point of it. If you implement things that allows you to bypass these group seekings phases, then it is over, the game will lose all interests.
    Wrong. You know why most of us that played Vanilla remember that time with happyness? Definately not because you "had" to be friendly. It was because EVERYTHING was new. And I mean it, everything. Because when you started a quest you had no website/addon telling you where to go and what to do, you would have to find that yourself (which is actually FUN, the first time, and HORRIBLE, if you have to do it many times, which is why addons lfg/sites are now needed) or ask people around. Because when you'd step into a new zone, you would have no idea what you'd find, the places you could go, where to go. Because you didnt have PTR or websites spoiling everything for you. Because even Sunken Temple or BRD, taking 4 hours to clear, back then, was fun.
    If you started WOW in fall of 2004, for many many months, every day, you would discover tons of new things that would keep you hooked up.

But the key here is the word "NEW". Like all things, new things interest us, then we get bored.

Which is why I predict Vanilla servers will be played for a bit and then abandoned and will be a total waste of time for Blizzard. Nothing of that feeling can be experienced again. I laugh at that guy here who wrote that addons should be banned because people should look for people on /1 or /2, what a FOOL. Vanilla wasnt good because you had to waste your fucking time like a moron to find a group, was good because you actually enjoyed doing dungeons, explore, do new things.

The game right now is better under every aspect, if we didnt have tools like LFG/triple spec/etc it would be so shit no one would play. When everything is so repetitive you need to remove all the unnecessary waste of time.

Blizzard will be very disappointed, not to mention that real reason why many people played vanilla unofficial servers wasnt because they liked vanilla, but because its free. Those people wont pay Blizzard to play Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    As people said earlier, as long as it's not cross-realm and teleportation-free
    How the hell would something like that even be doable with an addon?? We've been talking about the premade group finder for a couple of pages now, not LFD :P

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How the hell would something like that even be doable with an addon?? We've been talking about the premade group finder for a couple of pages now, not LFD :P
    some people are just dumb.

reading is hard - you gotta use your brain and stuff - too hard for a lot of them.

there is 0 logical reason not to used retail version of lfg tool especially if eveyrone and their mother will use external addons if its not implemented.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-11-13 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Well, they can't. They can't ban individual addons.
    Of course they can. They've done it in the past.

Deleted
    I'm sure someone will create some form of queue / LFG addon. Problem is it won't do diddly squat about finding groups quicker.

The bottleneck was always the tanks and healers.

The tanks and healers first choice was always going with competent people / friends, and by the time you got to 60 and were decent at your role, you bet your sweet ass your friends list was full. So any addon is just going to be populated by 99% DPS while tanks and healers first port of call will always be their own friends list / guild.

Moral of the story? Be social, meet people, make friends, have a full list of meatshields and healbots by the time you hit max level.

Edit: Oh, and on Nost for example, due to the difficulty of gearing up in pre-BIS gear people would rather wait until they could get a full guild / friend run rather than losing valuable upgrades to random pugs. People from retail really need to understand they can't rely on an addon to replace social networking that was so vital in vanilla.
    Last edited by mmoc3175b3bdad; 2017-11-14 at 03:48 AM.

I exoect we'll see the TBC manual group creation system and that will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard has no choice but to put in game lfg tool into game

their only alternative is either people making vanilla version of oque or people using 3rd party websites like they did in mop

either way nobody will waste time spaming trade .

some of you people behave like person who is still using nokia 3310 in 2017 - just stop living in past like cavemen
    The whole premise of having classic servers are to live in the past like cavemen though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I hope we can use AVR again!
    Number 1: I hate you, Kenny.

Number 2: To be honest Vanilla content is rather simplistic. Using AVR for it would probably be more of a hindrance than a benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    The whole premise of having classic servers are to live in the past like cavemen though.
    Yeah, there's no point in playing on a legacy realm if you want modern features. Go take part in Project 60 on Moonguard. All the modern features they could want and capped at level 60!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Of course they can. They've done it in the past.
    The question here is: why would they?

The addon is completely doable in vanilla, and it doesn't break the game, at all. The pool of players available for dungeons will still be low enough that when you make a group you'll start whispering random people in the correct level range, just as you always did.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Nostalrius and other vanilla servers it never seems to have cropped up that people resort to using addons to provide LFG like functionality so classic *might* be the same, personally I vote that blizzard tightens their addon API/addon ruleset for classic servers to be a more stricter version anything that ruins the experience or feeling of vanilla should be banned/prohibited/limited.

Blizzard already has done this with addons that go to far in retail in the past (That Super DBM that automated things or whatever during Wotlk and others they've tightened the API up when they've believed it ruined or had a detrimental effect on the game.

In general things like (LFG addons and Gearscore/item level esque addons should be limited/prohibited).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Was thinking about this tonight - do you believe that we will see oQueue (or something similar) built for classic WoW?
    No we wont. OQueue was based on infrastructure in LFG that didnt existed in Vanilla.
    At least you will have /2 to get a group which is part of the vanilla experience deal

- - - Updated - - -

vanilla works without lfg.

some of you people behave like person who is still using nokia 3310 in 2017 - just stop living in past like cavemen
    you hate it all you want my original 3310 still has a longer standby then any smartphones I ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    vanilla works without lfg.
    ofc it works - eveyrthing works somehow

but it doesnt mean its working well

i liked the comparison that Preach made in his video considering something else but it fits it perfeckly . it went somehow along the lines of : you can technicaly drive a car with your feet but it doesnt mean its good and safe way to do so

same is with not releasing lfg tool knowing perfeckly well that community will anyway use addons/discord/web sites which will work exackly like lfg if the technology of lfg is already working perfeckly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    No we wont. OQueue was based on infrastructure in LFG that didnt existed in Vanilla.
    At least you will have /2 to get a group which is part of the vanilla experience deal
    OQueue used the Battle.net infrastructure (and technically only needed to use a hidden channel) to do what it did. Blizzard will be adding Battle.net integration (most likely) with the release, and this will allow the creation of this. Since there already exists a Vanilla addon for this (vQueue, thanks guys for letting me know of this), it mostly kills this discussion.

Deleted
    OQueue used the Battle.net infrastructure (and technically only needed to use a hidden channel) to do what it did. Blizzard will be adding Battle.net integration (most likely) with the release
    Blizzard changed the bnet after mop to break oqueue.

I'd love to see Oqueue make a return. I really liked having a group FINDER as opposed to a group MAKER.

Hey everyone,

Was thinking about this tonight - do you believe that we will see oQueue (or something similar) built for classic WoW? Since these Addons rely heavily on the Battle.net API, which i expect to be there due to them integrating the client with it. I, myself, don’t really want to see it; however, if it is possible to make it, expect it to be made.

Thoughts?
    Blizz is more than capable of recreating classic with current code without us really seeing it.

- - - Updated - - -

their only alternative is either people making vanilla version of oque or people using 3rd party websites like they did in mop

either way nobody will waste time spaming trade .

I dont think you understand just how MANY people still live in the past. I was in a Best Buy the other day and during my time in the store heard at least 2 people bitching at the employees because most laptops no longer have a CD rom. One of the ladies was like "i have XX amount of dvd movies" the poor rep did his best to explain why they didn't. I finally turn and told her flat out that Cd/DVd are pretty much obsolete at this point, they are what the cassette tape was and that the Pc manufacturers make laptops primarily for work not watching her shitty "dvd movies" that most people stream now.

OQueue won't work in Vanilla the way it did when it was big in MoP. Cross realm wasn't a thing back then.

/Trade, Zone chat, and IRC were our friends back then. Replace IRC with Discord in 2018.

Deleted
    Just make a GLOBAL WORLD chat like on Nostalrius where you can chat with all server people.

No need of lfg